Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Ain't nobody got time for that

AW
03-27-2021, 08:44 PM
@Satchel! Stark and him kind of in each other's presence maybe?

Stark was not happy. In fact, Stark was absolutely livid. His first day waking up in a place where he knew NOTHING and NO ONE and some stampede had almost smushed him. Quite a while had passed, but Stark was internally still going apeshit about it. That white lady had run off in some direction, Stark didn’t know and he didn’t care. The other wolf though, that white male- he’d been around. Stark didn’t know why they were sort of… sticking together? In each other’s vicinity? Stalking one another?

But what did it matter? Stark was not in the mood to go out on his own right now. Stark wouldn’t say this guy was a safe haven, far from it. This guy was like some sort of beacon of company, something that fought the loneliness. In the end, despite being a considerably good boy, Stark had a habit of… hanging out with questionable wolves. Stark didn’t know shit about this guy, and he wasn’t sure if he wanted to know anything.

He let out an angry sigh, loudly, and let himself drop onto the ground, falling on his side. A literal lazy drop. And then he just laid there, and he screamed.

‘’AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!’’

Yes, that helped. Just let out that frustration.

the staff team luvs u
04-14-2021, 04:24 PM
^^
With no one and nothing waiting for her here, Leonna wandered the forests and didn't dare attempt to move to the mountains just yet. Every now and then she would come across the scent of a new pack settling in the area, the woods were getting quite populated and perhaps pushing north or east would be an option unless she wanted to join one of the many settling groups around... which, frankly, was beginning to get quite tempting if she was being honest.

But not yet.

She wasn't about to be bound to some group just yet when there was a whole world out there for her to explore after waking up here in the most dramatic-adrenaline fueled way. Nor was she gonna settle with the first group that caught her senses either... they had to be perfect after all.

A cry rang out through the woods, catching the citrus coloured woman's attention and she trotted toward it with extreme caution. The cry was nearby originally and so it didn't take long for the earthly sunshine woman to see the portly man sprawled out on the floor in a way that rivaled her own dramatic flares. “What are you doing?” She looked at him with mild intrigue, amusement and vigilance. Stepping just close enough to speak but still holding just enough distance should this turn sour.
^^
the staff team luvs u
[Image: iHjjjrB.gif]
04-14-2021, 08:44 PM
Screaming and rolling around on the ground was one way to get rid of feelings of anger and frustration. Stark had no idea where Satchel had gone off to but it didn’t really matter in the end, did it? Stark was used to having others walk out on him, it had happened before. Did he fucking care? No. Okay, well- maybe a little. He absolutely hated it when people disappeared on him. He despised it. Oh well. He had survived that weird deer onslaught, at least.

It wasn’t long before he was… no longer alone anymore, though. Because a sudden voice called out to him. What was he doing? What the fuck did it look like? ‘’Dying.’’ Stark remarked, letting out a huff and a groan. He laid there pretending like he was on his way out, probably way more dramatic than it had to be.

‘’I just survived some fucking deer stampede and I need to rest my legs. Probably a nap, too.’’ he told her, because that was totally information she needed to know, because Stark had literally… survived a stampede. Him. Portly lazy lad. Okay, well. He wasn’t THAT lazy. Back at home he worked his ass off. But for what? He never received anything for the hard work he did. And since he had no one now to impress- it was lazy time.

‘’Some bitch sent tons of deer our way. I had to run out of there. It was madness. What the actual hell.’’ Yeahhhh. Stark was pretty good at complaining. He stretched out his limps as he said that, rolled his head to crack his neck, since he was feeling awfully stiff and dealing with some muscle aches now. ‘’And what are you doing?’’

There, returning the favor.

Why was this girl so bright, anyway? How orange could one get? It was like the sun had taken a shit on her.

the staff team luvs u
04-14-2021, 09:08 PM
^^
Ah, yes, how could she be so blind in not seeing what was obviously laid out before her very own eyes? She stood there relatively calmly, taking in the sight with mild interest, even as he said his story she was still a little intrigued by it all. Well, at least enough so to stick around and talk a little more. Things were rather boring lately after departing from that guy she woke up next to.

Who in their right mind would create a stampede to chase after some wolf? One who looked relatively harmless too, a little funny and stuff, but he didn't seem to be a dangerous kind of guy. At least not by the way he was flailing around and whining like some child.

“What does it look like?” She offered a little shrug. “I heard someone whining and came over to check it out, I have nothing better to do.” Not now at least. Maybe someday she would have more interesting and important things to attend to than come trotting along to see whatever or whoever was yelling nearby. “If you're actually dying I can bury you, give you some kind of eulogy. I don't know a thing about you so I can't say I won't toss a few lies in there, maybe embellish a few things.”

There was no seriousness in Leonna's tone as she spoke, simply casual and a little teasing.
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-14-2021, 09:22 PM
She had nothing better to do, huh? Well, neither did Stark. ‘’Join the club. The nothing-to-do-club.’’ he joked, mostly meant in a sarcastic manner. Stark was so utterly tired and he just wanted to do nothing for a bit.

It was kind of nice, having someone not… making fun of him. Stark wasn’t used to this kind of treatment. Either he got flat out ignored or they told him to grow up or start acting his age or nothing was wrong with him but… this was who Stark was, okay? Maybe he said these things to get a reaction. To have someone return the same type of energy- which this wolf was doing right now.

He smirked at the thought. Him dead and getting buried by some stranger. ‘’Can you say I was handsome and muscular? That feels more fitting of my character.’’ Haha, he knew that wasn’t true, but one could dream. He couldn’t remember last time he’d had some fun messing around with someone. As far as he knew, from the moment he’d been born he’d been feeling forced to prove himself.

With no family left, he could simply be him. Some angsty teen energy in an adult body. ‘’Oh, and I was totally strong and brave, too. No one could stop me.’’

the staff team luvs u
04-14-2021, 10:45 PM
^^
“I think you might be the President of the 'Do Nothing Club'.” Yeah that was a light jab at his weight. Her light curve of the lips and cocked brow tossed his way was hopefully enough to make light of the tease as opposed to make him all kinds of annoyingly self-conscious. There was nothing wrong with being portly as a loner after all, he had to be a good hunter or something rather, even finding carrion to munch on was impressive enough to keep that kind of weight on without a pack to mooch off of.

“It's possible, I don't see why not.” Pursing her lips as pale blue eyes rolled up as if to see her forehead, she pretended to ponder the 'damage' lying about his muscular physique would do. Obviously nothing, but she had to pretend it would just for the fun of it. “I could even toss in a few tears, that could really sell the melancholic vibe I'm aiming for.” Gently seating herself upon the ground, curling that reddish tail around her toes as she tossed her head back, craning that delicate neck of hers as it stretched over her shoulders all the while letting a paw rest dramatically on her forehead.

“Such a waste of a perfectly flawless male, all women should weep at their unknown loss.” Just to really sell just how practiced her theatrical abilities were, she even had a lilt in her voice as she spoke as if the torment was just already too much to bear. Honestly, she was quite thespian in her own rights.
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-15-2021, 11:13 AM
Whether it had been an insult or a compliment, Stark did not care. At least he’d been promoted to something in his life. This was a much bigger achievement for Stark than one might realize, considering what wolves he had to fucking deal with at home. Was that place still even home? No, Stark didn’t think so. They could fuck off, the lot of them, especially his know-it-all sister who was good at everything and anything and liked to rub it in his face. She’d only ever challenged him in things because she knew she would win. As if they cared about how Stark felt. ‘’Well, guess I’ve finally achieved something in my life.’’ he joked, hiding his insecurities by a slight hint of sarcasm.

Goddamn, she really was playing along, and Stark loved it. when was the last time someone had joked with him like this, where he was either higher in status or an equal? What about- never. Stark was not used to this kind of treatment, so was it selfish of him to milk it dry for what it’s worth? For as long as he could? Come on, cut him some slack, he was allowed to be selfish once in a while. He hadn’t ever been, even if others called him such.

So when she continued to stroke his ego, Stark rolled around in the grass and made noises along the line of… giggles and squeals? It sounded totally manly, though. Perfectly manly. ‘’Perfect! Now everyone will remember me as the perfect soul I was.’’ It felt so good, to be treated like this. To not be seen a useless filth. He stretched himself, curling and straightening his toes as he stared at the sky.

‘’That was fun.’’ he said in all honesty. When was the last time Stark had ever smiled? He could not remember, but he was pretty certain it wasn’t something that occurred frequently.

the staff team luvs u
04-16-2021, 06:26 PM
^^
Well would you look at that, Leonna had managed to make someone happier. Leave it to the ray of earthly sunshine to do just that. She didn't know all the past problems this guy had, but he certainly had some kind of issues that were beyond that of the deer stampede he had to run away from before their meeting. But here he was now, squealing with joy as opposed to the whiny mess he was before this. A job well done if she must say so herself.

“Better?” It was fairly rhetorical, she knew he was already feeling better but the woman would listen to him anyway. Again, nothing better to do anyway and he was funny. “I'm Leo, short for Leonna.” A quick introduction before moving on. Her posture as she sat was purely casual. Comfortable and poised as she should be. “So what did you do to get chased like that anyway? So I can avoid it myself.” She'd be lying if she were to say it wasn't sounding like something mildly interesting.
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-20-2021, 02:47 PM
Better, she asked, and Stark found he’d zoned out for a bit, and did not really understand what she meant. ‘’Um, uh? Yeah.’’ It wasn’t easy for him to admit things like that. Despite being an emotional sort, even admitting the slightest feeling of sadness or fear was not on his to do list, and having to admit to such things, well- Stark wasn’t good at that. He would much easier deal with it through making sarcastic remarks, by acting snappy, or by simply making fun of himself.

Leo, huh? Stark couldn’t say he’d ever met someone with that name, so it didn’t ring any bells. If he’d forgotten about anyone from his past, then this wolf wasn’t one of them. ‘’Stark.’’ he returned. The more he thought about it, the more the name seemed to fit him. He was quite extreme, after all. Extremely handsome.

Okay, no. Just kidding. He wasn’t.

‘’Spitfire also works. Someone used to call me that.’’ Though stark could not remember who that someone was. Honestly remembering the nickname made him feel a little empty, and he quickly bit down that feeling, refusing to feel anything regarding it. ‘’Stark works best.’’

What did he do to almost get stampeded? Stark shook his head. ‘’Hell if I know. I was in some forest, met two white wolves and talked to them. Then this dark coated bitch sent a stampede of deer our way. Of course I did not stay to find out why the fuck she had because I didn’t plan on dying.’’

He let out a confused snort. ‘’Maybe she was just crazy in the head.’’ Stark really hadn’t done anything wrong he could think of and he’d never met the wolf. And they hadn’t exactly given him the reason as to why.

the staff team luvs u
04-21-2021, 11:36 PM
^^
“Stark it is.” He did clarify that one was better over the other. Though Leo wasn't against pushing some buttons, some were best left until they were more comfortable with each other than to start lighting up fires where they didn't belong. “Good. Now all those ladies can have a chance with you after all.” Offering a playful wink to keep his spirits up; was she one of those ladies? Not quite. He didn't spark that interest in her more than any other guy if she was being honest, but not because he was ugly.

He was alright looking. But Leo, well, she was all about that spark, that flare that set her emotions into a pitch right away. When butterflies threatened to escape her belly.

And no man had given her that just yet.

“Hm, I guess we will both avoid that place huh?” Even if she had no real clue where it was this stampede and dark woman he spoke of was from. She doubted he was lying, especially with how angry he was, and so, she just had to be careful from here on out where she treaded. “Come on then Stark, what do you say we find some food?” Though she didn't plan on staying with him forever, she supposed an offer to go hunting to ensure they were both fed was good enough until they parted ways.

Make sure he was definitely fine to continue doing his thing while she did hers - whatever it was.
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-26-2021, 01:54 PM
He snorted at her comment, doubting that highly. Stark wasn’t all too interested in the ladies and he’d never been. So even if any ever showed interest in him, well, he might not have even noticed him. But it was nice to joke around, make fun of things, especially when it was something that didn’t bother him personally. If things became personal, Stark had a much more different attitude.

‘’Yeah, it was in a forest a little south of here. Just don’t go there.’’ he told her, frowning angrily at the memory. Who even was that bitch? He’d never seen her in his life. If only he’d known more, then he would have been able to understand… why. But there was on understanding this when you missed information.

Wait, did Leo just invite him to get food? Stark had never been invited before. He’d always had to shove himself in there, into the presence of others. The moment he woke up into this place, things felt so much more free. Despite often being grumpy and distant, Stark craved attention. So how could he pass this up? ‘’Sounds good.’’ he said casually, as if it hasn’t just made him happy, as if it hadn’t done anything to him.

Stark wasn’t really sure where to start the search for food, though, and since she’d mentioned it, first… ‘’Lead the way.’’ he said. Stark wasn’t much of a leader type, anyway. He never had been. And if only his family had put more effort into getting to fucking know him. But they hadn’t, alas.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top