Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Expiration Date

P
11-06-2022, 07:52 PM
 The Harbinger woke alone and found he didn’t care for the solitude.

So he walked, pacing the length of Roots, weaving through the artificial coordiors of half-grown stone.

There had been others he could not guide, fragile hearts that shattered the moment he’d put his hands on them to mold.

This hole gaped worse than the others, open and yawning, an easy size for doubt to scuttle in and make a home.

He almost didn’t see her from her spot in the shadows. “Hello Arius. Does sleep evade you as well?”

the staff team luvs u
[Image: unknown.png]
— thank you hanna! <3
11-06-2022, 08:27 PM

Encouraged by whispering stars above, she would toss and turn in the ruins before eventually seeking that urge to walk out and find one thing or another to occupy herself. But before she spun herself into a frenzy like a coiling cat. She looked up just when the striking alpha stepped through to one of the darkest of rooms where she harmonised with it both aesthetically with the depth of her coat, and the bleak blackness in her soul too. 

The poisonous nightingale watched with a crystal gaze, and he spotted her soon after. With his royal purple eyes, as rich as his imposing position, he found hers. And her alluring smile did not falter or fail her when he addressed her. 
She rose, and her gliding steps brought her to his side, nuzzling the side of his cheek briefly in a tender greeting. 

'Always have better things to do during the night', she cooed quietly. 'But you seem restless?'. She prompted with a voice of genuine concern, or so she would have her handsome leader believe.

the staff team luvs u
11-06-2022, 08:36 PM
 “You’re perceptive.” He replied, turning his face towards the delicate contact.

“One of our own has decided to leave.” Even saying it made his stomach twinge bitterly.

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
11-06-2022, 09:02 PM

That she was. A keen observer of those that most interested her, or plainly speaking those of the best value to her. And therefore was not blind to the closeness between the blonde she had no trust for, and the man in front of her. Maybe she was a little bit jealous, of the attention not placed on her, but more so she did not take to the aggressive red-eyed stranger at all. Not with Madmortigan and not with her Iris. 

She could see the anguish, never mind hear it in his voice. And she pushed her head, comfortingly into the nook of his neck under his chin. 'Oh baby, who? Did something happen?', her voice a soothing lull to encourage him, to open up to her. Letting him know she was here for him in his time of need.

the staff team luvs u
11-06-2022, 10:14 PM
 She was quick to comfort, a constrictor coiling slow and supple, ready to squeeze.

“Daighre left.”

Her body pressed against his own, her slender dark frame mingling with his two-toned pelt.

“I know he was no great socialite. But I thought he had potential.” Madmortigan couldn’t decide who he was more upset with - the blonde boy who’d run away or himself for doing the chasing.

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
01-05-2023, 03:16 PM

As the name came out, a cruel, bitter smile lined her pretty lips but knowing her fortune was in her favour, she had her head buried amidst his chest and it would be far from his eyes to see. She was glad to know the blond decided to return to whatever crevice he emerged from. He was trouble, and more so he might have been trouble for herself and whatever ploy that was to materialise later. 

'A pack life was not suited to him. I was told he preferred to be by himself'.

the staff team luvs u
01-05-2023, 03:46 PM
 “I think he was desperate for salvation. I offered it to him, but when he saw the details of what that entailed, he ran.”

Perhaps if Madmortigan had been more patient, molded the gray matter of his mind with greater finesse, he wouldn’t have lost him.

But there were others.

His head dipped, skirting Arius’ jaw. “Tell me, are you happy here?”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
01-06-2023, 05:30 PM

'You can't save them all, baby', she chirped at him. A light, feather laugh followed, that could've been either mocking him or coddling him. She knew the pain that this would be causing him, her perceptive eye caught those fleeting moments of spark between the duo, but alas she held no sentiments of sympathy for her leader and his blond bit.

He was wanting to shuffle the conversation, diverting it onto her. 

'If I told you I wasn't, would it matter?'. Playing a victim card was the game she placed in front of him. Her desires perhaps meant little to him, but unbeknownst to all, Arius would never be happy and complacent in life.

the staff team luvs u
01-08-2023, 12:42 PM
 “It would certainly matter, Arius.” Madmortigan spoke, looking down to her cornflower gaze - the only delicate, girlish thing about her. The rest was serpentine, scaled and shadowed. But not her eyes. “The contentment of my wolves means a great deal to me.”

For they were his, so long as they lived here. His to protect and his to use towards a better, cleaner world.

“Tell me what’s wrong.”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
01-08-2023, 04:03 PM

Her eyes were met by the immeasurable depths of his violaceous own. And she felt herself splinter. 

But for a mere second​​​​​.

Tearing herself from the intensity of his gaze, she would not seek refuge within them. Pursuing only the solitude of her own desert island, and the remoteness of her self-centred ways. She was alone and would endeavour to be so until the salute of her life. 

Everything she spoke of was a lie, a twisted truth, or some sort of divertissement. She hid it well, or so she would believe. 

'Tell me of your rules if I wanted a baby?', she breathed quietly, a small greedy smile pleaded up at her leader, with long lashes hooding the deceit in her eyes. 

the staff team luvs u
01-08-2023, 04:10 PM
 She answered his quiet demand with another, a plush disobedience.

Madmortigan hummed, the sound vibrating deep in his chest until it was almost a growl. “You have never once struck me as motherly, Sagittarius. ”

He looked at her, violet eyes following every supple line, a Venus carved masterfully. There’s nothing maternal about you.

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
01-08-2023, 07:33 PM

She underestimated her leader's eye. He was as astute as he was alluring, sussing her out more than she care to admit. A soft smile tugged at her sweet, plump lips and she hummed satisfyingly before draping herself along the floor in front of his feet. A sign of mild defeat. 

He had asked her what was wrong, and this was her forethought.

'I don't need to be to become one', a light playfulness ignited her words. Her eyes pleaded and repeated her prior question. 

the staff team luvs u
01-09-2023, 12:03 AM
 She stretched out prostrate before him, and the Harbinger looked down at all she offered.

He stepped over her, caging her in with long legs as he loomed, hovering.

“Anyone may breed so long as they find a suitable partner, or partners. Fraternizing with anything that is not of lupine blood, even mixed, is forbidden.”

They didn’t fuck mongrels here.

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
01-13-2023, 04:30 PM

Poised and imposing above her, she lay completely lax beneath him. Her eyes were solely on the Harbinger. Concentrating wholly on what she wanted. Or needed

Wetting her lips with her tongue tracing agonisingly slowly, she then smiled, peering behind her hooded eyes. 

'So give me a child, Madmortigan', she whispered.

the staff team luvs u
01-13-2023, 04:48 PM
 The serpent uncoiled beneath him, a spool of lithe limbs and sensual shapes, beautiful and wicked.

She parted her lips and from them came a demand.

Madmortigan stared, taking in the woman who seethed shamelessly beneath him, not asking or requesting but expecting.

His head lowered, teeth grazing her ear. “What makes you entitled to my bed?”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
01-13-2023, 08:40 PM

The heat in the pit of her stomach churned but not with desire, it was with a distaste for his remark. She was unsatisfied by this, but the flames of her anger simmered beneath the surface. Her eyes remained unstirred and quiet.

Instead, she hummed, a beautiful melodic noise insinuating she was thinking brightly of her answer and enjoying his sudden proximity. 

Her viperess tongue toyed at his own ear with them cheek to cheek. 'I'm sad. You don't believe I'm worthy? I thought we were all Gods here', a playful chirp carried her low words into his lobe.

the staff team luvs u
01-13-2023, 09:41 PM
note to self: set before betrothal

He’d be lying if he said he wasn’t lonely, that the nights were cold with no one sleeping beside him. But this…was performative. Challenging.

“Arius.” He licked her cheek, allowing himself to taste her slow before stepping back over her and coming to sit.

“You are exceptional - beautiful. And you are divine just as I am. I’m flattered and not unappreciative of the offer. But the Order is vulnerable right now. This is not the time to be making more mouths to feed.”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
01-14-2023, 12:57 PM

She was pissed off, not used to rejection, and her boiling point meant she needed to leave
But her game, whilst it had backfired, would not be over. Be warned, her eyes betrayed her, looking into his own. But surely he would already know a girl like Arius would not take refusal very well. 

Instead, she smiled, rose an eyebrow and raised herself, cooly. 'You know that I am'. Knew she was divine, beautiful and an extraordinary creature. 

And without a second thought, she moved away, swaying her hips as she gave the air of an unphased, but scorned woman.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top