Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Call Out in the Middle of the Night

Sunrise Partly Cloudy 55° F
P
09-26-2022, 11:11 PM
srry idk how to set moods ;-; | @Pixie | PS: A lot of this formatting is subject to change lmao

As Grace brought herself up the mountain, tail swaying majestically with each step, the girl surveyed her surroundings, slightly bored by the grey on grey on grey. How bland.
  A shame, really.

Grace was… bored, no doubt. As she ventured through the mountains, the girl couldn’t help but feel unparalleled, whether good or bad. This whole landscape was ugly and sad, which in turn only dampened Grace’s mood.
  Fucking hell.

the staff team luvs u
Hardcore Lesbian™

3-2-3 Rated
09-27-2022, 12:12 AM
She had been having nightmares as of late. Perhaps fueled by her returning memories, or perhaps dreams of what could be — she was not the type to be fueled by soothsayer bullshit though. Pixie walked, rising at the dawn, and left behind whoever she had been with currently in her travels. She had long since left Wallace behind, venturing away from the Plains and going to the Mountains where she met a plethora of characters. Whatever happened, happened.

Deep in thought, she didn't see the leggy creature until she looked up. Even then, Pixie was a bit away from them. "Hello," she called softly to them at first. The young woman didn't know why but... she always felt subdued around females or female identity. As if there was indeed a subconscious desire for friendship, or something darker. Something she had yet to unlock. It pained her to think on it for long. The point was; here was someone new "did you just wake?"

She slowed her pace until she was steps away, eyeing the new one curiously.

the staff team luvs u
09-27-2022, 12:26 AM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2022, 12:26 AM by Grace. Edited 1 time in total.)
 It didn’t take long for her to be found by another; a wolf pretty and pink, with a bitchy pout that made Grace quirk a single brow playfully. Though… her personality seemed a lot more gentle than that sharp expression; "Hello, did you just wake?"
  She supposed so… though it wasn’t recent.

“I suppose you could say that,” Grace purred, taking a few steps closer on those long, elegant legs of hers. She always loved to see a pretty face, especially among this bland stone. “did you, красивая?
  Ah, compliments. The way to the soul.

the staff team luvs u
Hardcore Lesbian™

3-2-3 Rated
09-27-2022, 12:53 AM
"So you did just wake." Pixie tilted her head to the side, eyes focused entirely on the approaching woman. There was no fear in her steps, nothing awkward or unsightly - a good specimen. Or so she assumed, dogs had always been servants to the wolves in her... her what? She tried not to squint to remember, breaking back to reality. Beating around the bush did nobody any favors, hence her blunt words.

"And, no. I did not just wake" A slow smirk drew upon her features "so you are in for a treat, dear" Pixie turned her body to face the horizon "the others here can be terribly dull - just waking up or not. What sort of a wolf would I be if I didn't show a new face around?" Ah, compliments. They worked for her, but her own seemed rather empty. For once, she was not resorting to trickery. No, there was a... somewhat honest offer. Riddled with something.

Underhanded or not. "You'll find this world is riddled with wolves, yes. Some look down on your people. I, however, find they have their use" Pixie bat her lashes playfully at the other, willing her to join "and they aren't too bad to look at either."

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
09-27-2022, 01:06 AM
 Well, if she said so, Grace supposed she could pretend to act like she’d only just awoken. For shits and giggles. "And, no. I did not just wake, so you are in for a treat, dear; the others here can be terribly dull - just waking up or not. What sort of a wolf would I be if I didn't show a new face around?"
  Ooh, Grace would have fun with this one…

With a lady-like smile, the girl dipped her head, glad to have met someone who shared similar viewpoints as her. “I see you know how to treat a newcomer~ She hummed, batting her lashes as the other spoke.
"—And they aren't too bad to look at either." Grace giggled. “A pretty face and a pretty attitude…
  I’m Grace. At your service, Misses…?”

the staff team luvs u
Hardcore Lesbian™

3-2-3 Rated
09-27-2022, 01:46 AM
Mean girls ruled in cliques. Pixie was no different. She had her court before, but they were all yes my lady and offered no joy. They let her do what she wanted. They may cringe in the past, but she had been an innocent little girl. Ripping wings off of bugs was the worst she had done before the Beast took her. Now, look at her. Cypress was not a lady - oh no, it was quite clear by their interactions - but he also was not a friend. She didn't know what they were, truly, but while they challenged each other... Sometimes, though, she wanted to be around girls her own type.

And by that, even that, was a ruse. She didn't want to be challenged. She wanted to shock, she wanted to see fear. To fear her. What she could do, and what she also implied she could. She wanted to make them quite aware of who ruled their little group. Was this Grace potentially one of them? Maybe. So far, so good. "Pixie" she dove at the point though soon enough "I do so enjoy someone who can appreciate beauty - in any form" A light chuckle, tossing her head back as they walked "and pretty as they are, you'll find the mountains are so constricting, dear Grace."

Nearing the edge of the border, between Plains and Mountains, she stopped. "Too many packs" Too many wolves "not enough space. Everyone is in each other's business. Dreadful" Pixie scowled prettily "you cannot swing a cat without hitting a border" And "no if you want to have some privacy... I suggest the Plains" She glanced over her shoulder at the woman "imagine the audacity if someone walked by right now" Pixie huffed " and interrupted this fun we're having?" Scandalous "beyond them is the Desert, a place I have no desire to go to. Below is another biome, but I haven't been there yet." She shook her head.

"I keep to myself..." She sneered now as if inviting Grace in on a joke "I like to keep to myself" People came and went "I suspect you do too? People as so nosy... It ruins all sorts of fun."

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
09-27-2022, 02:09 AM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2022, 11:58 PM by Grace. Edited 1 time in total.)
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Brief Sexuality lmao, Grace a lil jelly
So sorry for all this change in format 1_face_sob Just testing out some new things!!

Pixie, a name that matched such a face. Grace smiled, quirking a brow as she flicked her tail. “Pretty~” She complimented. “Your parents have good taste…”
  And someone she could relate to! What a relief!

“I’m glad you understand. These mountains..” Grace shook her head, wrinkling her nose in dramatic disgust. “No good, especially for ladies like you and me.” It felt like it’d only take a couple of moments for them to reach the edge of the plains, and Grace sent her everest gaze over it all.
  It seemed… nice enough.

With a single side-gaze, the girl would watch Pixie as she spoke, nodding along. “Dreadful indeed… I refuse to share my precious space with pitiable дебилы. "imagine the audacity if someone walked by right now, and interrupted this fun we're having?"
  Dramatic.

That’s what Grace loved in a woman like her.
  What a shame… she reeked the scent of a male

And sex.
  She had to resist the urge to roll her eyes.

"beyond them is the Desert, a place I have no desire to go to. Below is another biome, but I haven't been there yet." “I rather die than go to the desert. Wretched,” Grace chuckled. She probably would die, as her fur could only shed so much. Hopefully they’d be in the cooler part of the plains.
  Please and thank you.

And she, too, liked to keep to herself. Was Pixie perfect? So far, so good. Grace surveyed her with a single brow quirked — as usual — and debated. Perhaps she should lie low… for now, as much as she wanted to keep the pink lady for herself. "I suspect you do too? People as so nosy... It ruins all sorts of fun."
  “I can’t help but agree with you, Pixie.”

Her eyes flicked back to the plains; was this where she’d serve her new… leader? Grace, ever curious — yet quiet, wouldn’t ask yet. Instead, she’d flick her tail expectingly.
  Keep talking to me.

the staff team luvs u
Hardcore Lesbian™

3-2-3 Rated
09-28-2022, 03:45 PM
"You mean" the fae snickered, raising her chin "I have good taste" She let that settle in the air before continuing "though my birth name is quite lovely too" Marin. Marin. Marin "the whole point of coming here is to reinvent ourselves, dear" She didn't know if that was true or not - but she rolled with it. Anything to inflate an ego or two. Grace was all the more willing to follow along, stroking her ego and her own "I chose my name. You can do the same." And.

"That is why I am trying to make something" She breathed out the words, making them true. Grace was ever-present in listening now "I am not picky — as long as those follow some basic rules" She stuck her nose in the air, huffing "if one cannot follow instruction, I have no need for them" And surely the other felt that too, as she had agreed with most of what she said "so I shall not insult you, dear. I am trying to make a kingdom." To the point.

A kingdom. A hold. A concrete footing in this new world. She was making a legacy - if allowed. Why not? The mountains were full of those who had ambition. Let the Plains speak for themselves too. All these folks came here for a reason, be they conscious or not. Pixie didn't care. "All these packs rely on each other to be strong. If you're already strong, you only have yourself and your equals to rely on. Why should I bow to someone else? Why should any of us, when they do not live or believe the same?"

Bending over backward for diplomatic ties. Walking on sharp shells around visiting leaders... Her parents had done this. Her parents doomed her to the will of a prince who hadn't loved her. All for the sake of alliances. Now, she didn't have anything. Hence, she wanted a kingdom. It was given to her at birth. She would fight for it now, a nobody in a nobody land. "No alliances. No outward influence. What happens inside, impacts us all."

Pixie wasn't a cruel ruler. She was selfish, true. She was needy, true. She wanted to be bowed to, oh yes... But she would not subject willing followers to cruelty. It didn't inspire loyalty. That's what she wanted in the end. She wanted them to want to be there. "I think you have what it takes to rise in this setting. Am I wrong?"

the staff team luvs u
09-28-2022, 11:38 PM

Pixie had chosen her own name. A feat to behold, and grace couldn’t help but feel her eyes widen for a moment. You can do that? Head over heels for this lady, Grace raised her brows and smiled, as if commending her on such a thing.

Trying to make something. Perhaps Grace could lend a paw… nonetheless, she listened, remaining silent as Pixie went on about the kingdom she was trying to build. Attentive; Easy-going; Even easier to talk to… that was Grace. She could sit and just… listen all day.

She thought she looked quite pretty while doing so.
  Queen of fluff and silk.

Perhaps that could be her title.

"All these packs rely on each other to be strong. If you're already strong, you only have yourself and your equals to rely on. Why should I bow to someone else? Why should any of us, when they do not live or believe the same?" “Not only that, but breaking alliances can be a… less than messy task.”

"No alliances. No outward influence. What happens inside, impacts us all." That would be… nice. Not trying to conform to other pack’s standards and rules… she could just stick with her own little group, and be good enough for them. For her queen. “I like the sound of that…” She purred.

And that’s when she was properly recruited. "I think you have what it takes to rise in this setting. Am I wrong?" “Of course not, my queen, She’d give a bit of a mischievous glare, yet go no further. “I’ll gladly serve your kingdom. I’m guessing.. we have a king?” Pfft. ew.

But whatever, it had to be asked. If not, Grace could really pile on the flirting. Asajokeofcourse. If Pixie wasn’t interested, she wasn’t interested. The Borzoi could always say it was a joke all along. 1_face_sunglasses

the staff team luvs u
Hardcore Lesbian™

3-2-3 Rated
09-30-2022, 11:12 PM
Pixie sighed dramatically, rolling her eyes. "Oh, yes. And I cannot keep track of who hates who" It was an exhausting task "no doubt if they break an alliance, the pack will be to blame instead of the individual" And she would be out a hangmen duty... Hmm, that could be fun too. A rank to serve punishments, and keep her nails clean "and I'd just like to punish the individual and move on."

I'm guessing we have a king?

This time, she laughed. 

"What? No" She had some 'suitors' so far, but they all moved on. The only reminder was Cypress, and he was perhaps a bit unstable for the task "a woman can be a ruler without a man" She huffed, her laughter quietening "I have no mate." The term was a loose one for someone who didn't believe in love - but political pairing. Now that that pesky prince didn't weigh her down... 

Suffice it to say, she didn't quite believe in her own happily ever after. Stereotype fantasy wedding included. She angled her neck to glance over at Grace. "I encourage the ambitious to climb. May the best one win." She hummed the last part lightly, amused. She had noticed the long looks from the woman, the eagerness... 

But she had never been involved with a woman — intimately. Truly, it would take some more time before anything were to happen. Women could be messy and petty. She had to make sure Grace was, ah, stable enough. She left that sentence hanging in the air, fueling whatever Grace desired. Be it Pixie herself or a rank in a pack...

A quick little fling she could do. But anything emotional? Hmm, that took some devotion.

the staff team luvs u
10-01-2022, 12:35 AM

Letting out a sigh of relief, Grace shook her head as she spoke; “Kings are horribly outdated, just curious on whether or not I'll have some толстяк telling me what to do all day. "a woman can be a ruler without a man." FINALLY, someone with sense! Grace almost completely fell from all the sighs of relief.

She'd be glad working under this woman.
 ...For now, anyway.

"I encourage the ambitious to climb. May the best one win." Grace was sure she could do that relatively well; She was stubborn, petty, and had her own compass. She'd be seperate from all the sheeps who just did what they told and got nowhere. At least Grace could actually do something, whether it be move up, or even down, the hierarchy.

Wouldn't that be fun... Moving down the hierarchy. She'd probably be the first, but hey, she'd be proud. There was a first time for everything, afterall. Grace tilted her head at her new leader, an almost expectant look in her eyes. “Shall we go, then?” Or is your kingdom not finished? Because she could surely help build.

the staff team luvs u
Hardcore Lesbian™

3-2-3 Rated
10-04-2022, 05:59 PM
Ranks were boring if you just handed them out. Pixie felt she liked to see others grow first. A sort of what can you do for me? vibe. Now that Grace was on board, she smirked and inched closer to the woman. Her pinkish-beige nose pressed quickly against the canine's own for a split second before she bounced off. "There" the fae proclaimed, laughing breathlessly as she stepped away "you're mine. Don't go joining any other packs, or I'll make you sorry."

But was it done? Not yet.

"I have more to recruit, dear" Pixie informed her "you are just the first out of many needed" Her eyes angled to the Plains once more "I see a glade of gold from here. Meet me there in a week or two. That's where we'll start building and marking territory" She had a plan for a location; now she needed the members. The Golden Glade would be a good start, surely "keep to the Plains for a bit... I'll be back." She didn't lie about that though. There was no need to lie, when someone else believed in you.

Good or bad.

ooc; wrap up? =D
the staff team luvs u
10-04-2022, 08:38 PM

Grace smiled as Pixie bound up to her, giving her a little ceremonial(ish) nose-boop before prancing away once more, claiming that Grace was hers. “Trust me, I’,l only be worming around other packs if you need me to,”

Though it seemed it wasn’t done, and Grace was actually the first of many more subjects to come. Huh, wow, wasn’t that… exciting? Boring? She couldn’t tell, it’d surely be lonely for a bit, though. Her eyes trailed to the glade of gold her queen mentioned. “Quite and eye-catcher,” She smiled.

“I’ll see you in a week.. or two. Ta-ta, m’lady!” And with that, she trotted away, towards the golden glade, tail wagging as she went off. She better be treated good, for being the first.

the staff team luvs u
Hardcore Lesbian™

3-2-3 Rated
scroll to top