Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Show no fear

Early Morning Overcast 44° F
P
Warcrest
09-19-2022, 04:04 PM
@Satan set around 1-2AM, after all current pups have been taken in and settled

Nyra had just finished setting up all the kids in their dens, those who wanted to be together were granted that wish, along with those who wished for more privacy.
The Warqueen would approach her husband with a soft yet rugged chuff and a sway of her plume before she spoke in low tones so the children would not hear.
"There is a method to my madness." She began, a sly yet faint smirk on her face.
"Children this young can still be molded in our image." She explained. Granted there were still risks to the effort, but when were there not risks in actions taken?

After all, every raindrop upon a lake forms ripples.
the staff team luvs u
This is my art, and it is dangerous 
09-29-2022, 06:45 AM
A sideways glance towards her as she approached, he would raise an eyebrow as she spoke, listening quite intently. He had been wandering why she had gone on a kick of adopting abandoned children, but apparently it wasn't just some stupid maternal instinct bullshit. Though he was pretty sure that was still apart of it too. 

Nonetheless, he would nod slightly, glancing out at the clouds that slowly began to form in the sky. "Very well, however if any don't turn out strong or diligent enough, their pelts will make good leg warmers." It wasn't entirely clear if he was joking or not, but he likely wasn't, just simply as bloodthirsty as usual.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 594e2082-689d-11ed-b829-057c57b7de88.gif]
09-30-2022, 09:08 PM
Nyra chuckled softly yet there was a glint of something ominous in her chuckle.
Bloodthirst, maybe, wicked as she was. 
"I think all of them will turn out to be of some use, assuming they all find a trade of some sort." She answered, offering Satan a grin worthy of her being a villainess."If none of them do, feel free to eat them." She said casually, dismissively almost.
She had the highest hopes for Monster, their newest addition. 
He seemed the most promising at the moment, and she could see him being a truly loyal weapon of Warcrest as he grew.
the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
10-01-2022, 07:53 PM
He grinned slightly at his mate's words, relaxing himself as he did so. "Perhaps their fur could line your nest." He would aim to move closer to her, pressing his large body into hers if she let him. "Regardless of how many children you take in, or how much I don't want them, I'm glad you came back." His voice was very soft, almost a whisper, as if he was scared anyone else could hear him. 

His heart was still in pain, unsure of how she actually felt, scared that this was all a ruse.

the staff team luvs u
10-10-2022, 03:40 AM
Nyra chuckled softly, darkly, at his suggestion.
Yes, perhaps she could use them for bedding if they didn't turn out to be useful in some way.
As he moved closer though, pressin himself to her, she took in his soft words with a low, purr-like rumble filled with content.

"Leaving you was a mistake I won't make again." She murmured, pulling him closer with her neck draped across his shoulders as if in an embrace.
the staff team luvs u
11-02-2022, 07:37 PM
He relaxed into her, something that he didn't do often. It was only with her that he would untense his muscles, closing his eyes with a sigh. Even after everything that had happened between them, he trusted her. Why? He wasn't sure. He was always difficult to trust, and refused to let anyone in again if they burned him once. However, for some reason, here he was, relaxing around the woman the broke his heart. Funny wasnt it?

figured we could end it here?

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top