Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
woken from slumber, i wake from dreams

Afternoon Partly Cloudy
AW
09-07-2022, 08:42 PM
Sayuri snoozed quietly under the foliage of trees. She only started awake - gently mind you - around the afternoon hour. When the sun was beginning to burn bright and lower, pale blues flickered open. It took all of one to two minutes for her to jolt to alertness. Bird song hovered above her, the flecks of movement like shadowed petals as the avian beasts hopped from branch to branch.

She stretched, yawning and looking quite regal. Like a cat, in the simple gesture that it had been. She placed her paws daintily in front of her again after the luxurious stretch, tail draping behind her like a banner. Where does one go now, when one had no memory of this place? When one had no memory of before? She did not know for true, but there was no reason to stick around here.

Time waited for no one.

The koi woman was unsteadily walking at first but decided to take it slow. It was akin to waking from a very deep sleep, dazed and confused. A bit sluggish. Good thing no one was around to witness her baby - ahem - doe-like steps.

the staff team luvs u
destroying castles in the sky
K I N G S L A Y E R
forevermore the apple of my eye
09-07-2022, 09:04 PM
The body buried.

The two of them apart.

He stepped into the clearing.

His head carried low.

His hackles bristled along his shoulders, his spine, his tail.

He watched her stumble. Clumsy first steps.

the staff team luvs u
09-07-2022, 09:25 PM
She notices being watched.

Sayuri turns to look directly at the other, a lone man. His pale coat is like a spark of sun. Her gaze is neutral, equally pale, but not sparkling with negativity. No, she is almost surprised for a brief second or two. Of course. There had to be others here. Others were like her. Others also were not like her.

What he seemed to be, remained to be seen. She tried to stand tall despite her previous unconsciousness. She watched and waited. His fur bristled, and she was not sure why. Was he aggressive? Best to remain cautious - especially in a place such as this. The world, new to her, but him... Standing confidently enough? He could know it.

the staff team luvs u
K I N G S L A Y E R
09-07-2022, 09:41 PM
She stood, and she stared.

He huffed.

His right ear flicked back and then forward. A rustle of something beyond the trees.

He moved on.

the staff team luvs u
09-07-2022, 09:48 PM
Well. That was anti-climactic. 

Sayuri was almost tempted to call him back, if not for the outward hostility he showed previously. She would not tempt fate in any way or form unless she knew she could be in control.

Though she was also a bit disappointed. Safe travels, yes? she thought, mentally shrugging. In the end, she assumed he could take proper care of himself. Perhaps it was best to ask someone else -

Whatever she wanted to ask, anyway.

And in the end, she moved on too. /end

the staff team luvs u
K I N G S L A Y E R
scroll to top