Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Youngblood

Afternoon Sunny/Clear
P
09-05-2022, 07:18 PM
 He skirted the borders, going so far as to cross a sizeable stream. The scent of pack hit like a physical wall and Rafferty shook himself, undercarriage dripping from his swim. 

Thinking better than to demand attention, the youth settled among a copse of sun-gilded trees, resting on the roots, waiting patiently.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: c-stare-down-by-g4rdwin-dfaxylc-fullview.png]
— thank you chan!
Paladin
Elkshire
09-05-2022, 07:36 PM
The Queen pandered near the borders, inspecting as she went. The inner-most sanctions specifically, ensuring that the borders were tight-lipped compared to the woodlands and range.. Care for one more then the other at the moment, as time went on few individuals came and go ; and her young were still out and about on adventure. She hoped highly they were alright — for if they didn't come back in a few months time.. She would have to send someone to find them. Maybe @Remus, who has been lowkey for some time.

As she did so, there was a young man roaming awfully close. He had no scents to him ; but strangely enough, he reminded her of her daughter Faust, but instead dipped like winter, he was riddled like summer. Warm tones with the white-tips, and eyes that were red ; well, eye. One was missing.

"My, you are quite close to Elkshire. Is there something that interests you?" As she approached with a smile, Celnes was scrutinizing him up and down, toilling around with such possibilites of use and recruitment.. Ah, but she had no idea the relation he held with her kin.

the staff team luvs u
09-05-2022, 07:46 PM
 Rafferty stood at once, dipping his head and tucking his tail. “Hello.” He huffed, trying to remember if any of her children had mentioned the Queen's name.

“I'm Rafferty.” The youth started again, jilted and stuttering before he steeled himself. “I've run into a number of your offspring and they pointed me in the pack's direction. I'd like to join.”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you chan!
09-05-2022, 07:55 PM
Her expression faltered lightly, looking at him in surprise. In truth.. There was no one who yet to actually come to Elkshire, and point-blank say they wished to join. On most occasions she would offer, or they'd find themselves awakening within The Elk's Crown, and Celnes so graciously took them in. So for one to actually come forth? And by the words of her own young? What a surprise indeed.

Her expression then switched to warmth, all too pleased with a light pride, "Which one's have you met?" Celnes couldn't help ask, for there was eight after all, although by estimation, she could easily deduct at least two of them, maybe even three as one was beyond the temperate region, "we are always welcoming members. Welcome to Elkshire, Rafferty," short and see though —

but she wholly welcomed him.

the staff team luvs u
09-05-2022, 09:26 PM
 He let out a breath, the tip of his tail wagging against his stomach. 

“Edith.” The name persistent and forefront in his mind. Rafferty blinked. “And, uh, Warwick. And a couple others, I think. Maybe.” He corrected, realizing how that sounded. His mind stirred to his encounters with the two youthful she-wolves (@Maral & @Rohesia). “I've just met a lot of wolves my age around here.”

Rafferty suddenly felt that number, welcomed back and daunted by his own youth. He'd been wayward, lawless for months. Finally now - an adult. Finally, some kind of authority. He bent to it. “Thank you. I'll earn my place.”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you chan!
09-05-2022, 09:36 PM
"You will kind many of my kin here, children and cousins alike. Elkshire is dominated by Deorwine family." He would soon discover the plethora of siblings of those he met. She would say there was about 12 in total, although many were wayfared elsewhere or abandoned their home altogether.. Most likely would not meet them all, but most still remained in Elkshire.

"I am pleased they had found a friend." Celnes said smiling at him, a movement as she waved her tail lightly to welcome him in further to The Elk's Crown. He most likely would either want to find them, or acquaintance himself with the territory, so she assumed

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top