Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Who run the world?

P
Formation
Haldis
08-23-2022, 09:23 PM
Eldritch had gone.

She had come back from her moment in the mountains to find her eldest compatriot absent. She had searched the depths of her cave, and looked upon the Altar. Bones were sprawled across the smooth stone, just like how they had been when she had her fate read. But there was no glint in the shadows.

Sorina had stepped out enraged. She had expected Blackfoot to follow him. Of course she would. She had come with Rosencrantz, she would leave with him. She would probably follow him to the ends of the earth and back. A growl rumbled from dark jaws as the Lady Paramount stomped towards her patrol route. Why, even after a moon's passing, was she still irritated and wounded. Why did she let herself think of them and weep? It was weakness; to put thought to the traitors.

But Eldritch was loyal in the some time she had known the dark woman, she had done nothing to suggest betrayal. She had done her duty well and served Sorina just as she had wanted. Perhaps Eldritch had gone to find herbs? Or simply got caught out somewhere... she had to think past that bind anger... and hope that Eldritch would return if at all, with good news.

@Eldritch
the staff team luvs u
[Image: dfeo71b-911a2cce-24b2-4a18-bbb4-e6a43b76...BhW7Iv8uLQ]
Erebus is allowed in any of Sorina’s threads.
Formation
Haldis
08-24-2022, 10:44 PM
phone post bc internet is being dumb ;^;

Eldritch's neck wound had stopped bleeding by now. 
She moved quickly despite her aches, long strides and rare rest during the travel back home. 
Perhaps rare rest was stupid, but she had news to deliver.
Urgent news at that. 

Pressing into the trees of Haldis' claim, she let out a low call for Sorina as she made her way to her own den.

Meet me in my den

She needed to apply herbs to make sure her wounds didn't get infected...

Stumbling lightly into the depths of her space, Eldritch glanced to her Altar, bones still laid as they were from their last use. 

Shaking her head lightly at the thought of  taking the time to clean them up, she made her way into a smaller cavern in the very back, searching with her eyes and a soft touch of her paws to find what she needed...
the staff team luvs u
08-25-2022, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2022, 02:20 PM by Sorina. Edited 1 time in total.)
Breathing in the cold bitter air, step by step, with each passing moment the cold snows became her comfort. Soothing the irrational anger that lay bubbling beneath the surface. Youthful spiteness had got her this far, but she was not winning. Only a few loyal wolves to her name was not enough and not what she had planned.

There was a low cry, but one she recognised instantly. A small smile pulled upon dark lips, the Queen took not a moment longer and ran back to Eldritch’s den.

A fresh scent, yet one mixed with the wilds told her of Eldritch’s arrival, yet as she padded deeper in, she could hear rustlings. Signs of movement. Eldritch? The Queen summoned the woman with cautious steps. Welcome home. I thought you had left with them. Despite the calmness in her tone, she could not help but say the last word through clenched jaws.

Her icy gaze met that of molten silver. Expectant. Where did you go?

@Eldritch
the staff team luvs u
08-25-2022, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2022, 10:54 PM by Eldritch. Edited 1 time in total.)
Eldritch pulled a small amount of Plantain (the weed, not the banana!) From her stores as she heard Sorina's voice. 

Pulling herself from the store room of her den, the Seer set her herbs on her Altar as she listened to the Queen.
White eyes met the gaze of Sorina - who held an air of expectancy. 

"I tracked Rozencrantz to the Mountains, southwest of us. After a fight," She gestured loosely to her major injury upon her neck, "I shoved him off the cliffs. I believe him to be dead from such a fall." 
The Witch held nothing but what she saw as truth, as she always did.
"I hold no loyalty to him or Blackfoot. They are not the ones who make use of my gifts or give me purpose." She added after a soft pause, as a means of reassurance.
the staff team luvs u
08-26-2022, 10:28 AM
The smell of fresh fauna, sweet and yet murky danced within the air as they were placed upon the altar. Dark green in hue, icy eyes snapped back to her Seer’s face. She was hurt?

A fight. Sorina’s brows rose in mild shock as Eldritch spoke. She had gone out of her way to execute Sorina’s laws… putting her own life in danger. The Queen stepped forwards, so she could get a better look upon that wound. It was large, crimson tore through dark obsidian almost like a large gaping hole. Gratitude was a weird thing to be mixed with guilt, it squeezed upon her icy heart like a tight rope as icy eyes softened… until.

I shoved him off the cliffs. I believe him to be dead from such a fall."

Those words shattered like glass and aimed for her heart. Suddenly, the world in which she thought herself found felt weak. Dizzy. A rush of guilt, of pure unbridled pain swept through her. A gasp tried to escape her maw, yet only silence game from her. Dead. He was gone…

By her orders, a life had been taken.

Why was she not cheering, why was she not happy? For now Haldis would learn what would happen should she be disrespected… but at what cost.

Sorina drew in a deep breath, the smell of herbs almost becoming too overpowering. Thank you, Eldritch. She was a Queen, no matter her personal conflicts… or true emotions, she had a duty to complete and an image to maintain. You have gone above and beyond for me, for Haldis’ safety. She forced a smile upon her dark features as she took another step closer. For this, I bestow upon you the title of Augur. She aimed to place a slender dark paw upon the woman’s favourable shoulder, lightly and away from the wound as much as she could. My friend. With a dip of her head.

@Eldritch
the staff team luvs u
09-06-2022, 03:48 PM
Eldritch watched with her usual eerie calmness as Sorina took in her words.
Took in the reality
But there was a reward to be gleaned from such a thing, as Sorina made clear when the Queen put a paw on El's favorable shoulder, an bestowed upon her a title. Augur
Fitting, she supposed.

Eldritch dipped her head softly with a ghost of a smile as Sorina said my friend.
The Seer would look to the herbs on her altar "Would you mind helping me apply those to my wound?" She asked softly. 
The knowledge might come in handy to the Queen later on, she felt.
the staff team luvs u
09-19-2022, 12:00 PM
Dead, The words echoed and rattled around in her skull. Time seemed to drag, seconds splitting into what felt like eons as the reality of what she had ordered set in. And yet her heart was racing, galloping at a thunderous pace to the sheer terror that had settled upon her. Why did she feel this way? Such pain, mourning as if they were close.

Would you mind helping me apply those to my wound?" Soft words were a gentle nudge, one that caused her stomach to twist. Now was not the time. Swallowing down the urge to run, she simply dipped her skull.

Herbal fauna assaulted her senses, her dark tongue slithered from the encasing of her maw to lick over dry lips as her icy gaze settled upon the mixture of herbs and swiped her tongue to collect the mixture. The taste tingled upon her tongue, almost burning in perfumed, aromatic spice. She took a brief look to The Augur, a small brief moment to prepare, silent permission. before applying the mixture to the open wound.

@Eldritch
the staff team luvs u
Medic
09-30-2022, 09:17 PM
We can fade with your next response if you'd like! Or here, if that's better!

Eldritch would offer Sorina a ghost of a nod before the Queen applied the mixture to the wound.
As was probably expected, El hissed through her teeth at the pain of the wound being touched, but she did nothing else, allowing Sorina to continue until all of the herbal mix was deposited on her injury. 

"Thank you." She uttered with a small smile. She would then stand and go to her herb stores to find cobwebs, before returning to Sorina with some in one of her paws. 
"These too, to keep my wound protected and the mixture in place. Make sure to apply them over the entire wound so nothing gets in or out." She instructed with her usual gentle tones, before sitting back down in front of Sorina, still holding the cobwebs for her.
the staff team luvs u
10-02-2022, 04:09 PM
She heard no wince, no twitch of muscle. Instead, there was an eerie silence that followed with a ghostly gaze. Sorina was not put off by this, no. She continued to tenderly apply the mixture, allowing the sensation to take her mind off the pain she felt. Anything to push away the guilt that had hit her chest and head so heavy that they felt like led. 

With the mutter of thanks, Sorina could not fathom words. Simply, her icy gaze-distant and hazy, watched in silence as The Augur returned with cobwebs. To bandage her wounds. "These too, to keep my wound protected and the mixture in place. Make sure to apply them over the entire wound so nothing gets in or out."   Spacing out, the void numbness that crawled over her seemed to take her away. It was only through prolonged silence, that Sorina's ears perked and she forced herself to return to normal. Blinking. "Of course." Oh, that voice was rough and hoarse, not her usual delectable piousness.

She took the cobwebs with her own right paw, applying the lightest touch to place the cobweb, then with her cold, wet nose-prodding the soft tissue into place. She repeated the process in silence, ensuring all ends were covered. Once done, she met the silvery gaze of her newly appointed Scion and dipped her head. "I must leave you now, Eldritch. I must alert the others of your... our, Victory." She turned briskly, then. Rather too quickly for someone who was meant to be proud  and happy. "Farewell, for now. Do seek me if you need anything else..." 

She walked briskly and only when she was outside of The Augur's den, would tears glisten in those candied violet eyes.

And a heavy, shaky breath fall from her jaws.

-Exit Sorina-

​​​​​​​@Eldritch
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top