Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Random story I wrote :D

08-20-2022, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2022, 11:39 PM by FlowerBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)
If this don't belong here lmk 1_face_sunglasses

Dancing along to the rhythm of the keys, the noble lady dipped and turned and spun to each tremor of the piano, the utter stillness of the room making her heart flutter; It was as if she were truly alone, just her, dancing in the rain on her balcony.

But, no, this was a ballroom, after all. Filled with people, and life, though only one pair of eyes could garner her attention. "You,” She whispered, as the man made his grand entry.

Suddenly, what was once soft, gentle piano morphed into a symphony of great violin, the sea of guests parting to let him come towards her. Princess,” He murmured once he made his way towards the woman, taking her hand and bestowing a single kiss upon it. “How may you be, this fine evening?”

Shaking her hand out of his, the princess turned away. “I’m fine,” She huffed impatiently. “I was trying to enjoy a ball, though.” At least the piano was back, though it wasn’t in the tones she wanted.

What the girl craved was the peaceful, slow rhythm of an underwater symphony, but this was rushed, quick, making pace, just like the man behind her. Casting a single glance back at him, she rolled her eyes, and he scoffed. “Care for a dance?” He asked, holding out a single gloved hand.

“I suppose,” She purred, a smirk tugging at her features. “Have you improved since last time?” It was a simple question, one that was simple to on-lookers, though held so many more words than the two could share.

Shaking his head playfully, the man cupped his mouth near the lady’s ear.

“Only for you, princess.”

And with that, they begun. Violin coursing throughout the melody as they twirled and dipped and spun. Quickly, as to match with the rhythm, their movements were sharp, curt, and while it better suited the man, the princess had no desire for such harsh motions.

It seemed she was warming up to it, though, as a smile quickly formed on her face. Her whole world began to light up around her, until – the music stopped.

Slow keys began to play.

A scream, a shout. What have you done?!” The lady demanded, a betrayed feeling groing through her stomach like ivy among a cobblestone wall. “I thought we – you – us – “ She could hardly muster the words. Panic grew throughout the ballroom, and the man was quickly whisked away.

This couldn’t be his doing, She thought, pushing her way through the crowd. Where had he gone? The princess felt tears begin to well up in her eyes, Where was her prince?

Ducking past the swarming guests and dukes and duchesses, the woman shot through the gate, swirling around as she tried to get a view for him. He couldn’t of just disappeared! No, no, this couldn’t be.

What had happened to make everyone scream, though?

The princess turned, eyes growing wide with shock as her lips parted, agape.

Brother?”
The noble woman shook her head, rubbing her eyes to make sure she wasn’t just imagining things. Her brother was here, alive? “How did you..?” It felt as though her breath had been taken away, as he stood beaten and bloody.

His sword gripped firmly in his hand, coated in a sheen of red.

No –

Suddenly, with no words, her brother rushed towards her, weapon ready to plunge her into an eternal slumber. Quickly, though, she was pushed, grazing her palms on the concrete, though the pain was numbed by the exhilaration pumping through her body.

She was alive.

And when she looked up to see her saviour… It was him.

But, how? And then, her gaze trailed to a worse sight. No, no, no. The one night where her prince wasn’t wearing his armour. Hand thrown to her mouth at the view of her brother’s sword embedded in her lover’s abdomen, the man gave her a slow, agony-filled wink, as he brought her attention to something else.

Her brother wasn’t the only one with a sword.

– –––––––––– –

The days grew tiresome quickly, up in the princess chamber there was nothing to do besides muster some occasional small-talk with the maid that tended to her bedsheets and curtains every know-and-then.

Her heart yearned for her prince... But, her thoughts often lingered to her brother, as well.

What had driven him to such insanity? The lady didn’t know. What she did know, though? She wouldn’t stick around to find out what.

If y'all want more i could prob throw up some more of these two! Feel free to throw ur headcanons at me idk do wutever :)

the staff team luvs u
08-20-2022, 04:56 PM
I like it!! I'm always a sucker for twists or dark cliche's like the entire time maybe the Prince was the baddie and the brother was trying to save her.

the staff team luvs u
08-20-2022, 11:39 PM
(08-20-2022, 04:56 PM)Cyprin Wrote:
I like it!! I'm always a sucker for twists or dark cliche's like the entire time maybe the Prince was the baddie and the brother was trying to save her.

omg yes i love thatt
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top