Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Fire and ash

Sunrise Sunny/Clear
P
Content Warning
Enemies of The Sheep
Formation
08-17-2022, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2022, 03:50 PM by Morrigan. Edited 1 time in total.)
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Mild Gore
  • Graphic Violence
Screams of anguish, snarls and roars. The dying wails of her kin as their bodies fell, thump, thump, thump. Defeat enclosed her like the darkness of the night, doused in her blood. Their blood. And then, as furious eyes towered over her, looming jaws snapping with greed. She prayed to the Goddess for strength. She would not go gently into the dark night.

Then, silence.

She awoke with ringing in her ears and blinded by bright white, it was cold oh so cold. The bitter frost stung her nose and doused her body, violet eyes strained against the thundering headache that dared to split her skull. A groan. As moments passed, her vision became clearer. This was not the plush, temperate forest of her home.

She was in a baron, snow-filled wasteland.

She called out to her kin. Silence. Only the howl of winds to keep her company.

Then she remembered.

Chucked out. Left for dead, left to rot amongst the corpses of the wolves she lead. She had failed them as their Queen. A mother. A wife.

That crushing weight pressed upon her.

But she was not a petty fool, no. Even when all was lost she was trained to push on.

So she rose. Trembling. Weakened. But not down.

And she walked.

And walked.

@Hothieriel
the staff team luvs u
Morrigan is rated [M] for mature themes and is prone to acts of violence.
Paladin
Formation
Enemies of The Sheep
08-17-2022, 10:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2022, 10:20 PM by Hothieriel.)
After the last few days of her heat faded, she wondered if @Pike even had any swimmers to impregnate her with. If choosing him this time was a mistake or not. Whatever, it was done and she would have to see the results in a few weeks if anything had been planted or not.

She was still nursing a few wounds as they crusted over. Cleaning them every now and then and just keeping an eye on them to make sure there was no infection settling in. The lack of sickly sweet smell coming from anything so far was a good indication.

Even with those it didn't stop her from shooting up as soon as she saw a figure approaching. The hairs along her nape rose as the auburn tail flagged dominantly in the breeze as she trotted out of the icy caverns with a commanding gait.

“Who the fuck do you think you are?! This is Enemies of the Sheep territory bitch, what do you want?”

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Enemies of The Sheep
08-17-2022, 11:03 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2022, 03:50 PM by Morrigan. Edited 1 time in total.)
She walked senseless. A broken, fragmented heart. All she could hear was the thump of her heart beat and rhythmic draw of her lungs.

Until a voice, and clear scent stopped her in her tracks. Brandished in fire, roaring with hostility and aggression. Heterochromatic eyes narrowed as she responded with a snarl of her own. I do not care who’s land I am in or who you are! So she had landed in pack territory…

Great.

Had she been feeling more herself, she would have mocked the woman. But no. Now all that she brought forth was anger. The better question is who the fuck you think you’re talking to? Her lips were dry, her body ached. She could not last another fight.

But she was stubborn. And would not bow so easily. I am Morrigan. She snapped, lowering her head to protect her neck. With her ears pinned back to her skull. Queen of the ashes….

@Hothieriel
the staff team luvs u
Formation
Paladin
08-17-2022, 11:40 PM
Oh so this one had lip in return huh? Hothieriel could both hate and adore that but she wasn't quite certain how she felt about it just yet. As an Alpha needing to make sure everyone knew her status, she hated it - but as herself, she could appreciate a woman who also had a bit of bite to her.

“I don't give two fucks!” She didn't bother to listen to the introduction and cut the woman off with her own battle cry, lunging and closing the distance between herself and the titan of a woman with jaws spread wide to grapple onto some of that skin of "MoRrIgAn". Just as most of Thalia's past well adjusted meetings, she was an act now, talk later kind of gal.

Well... maybe talk. usually it was just a bunch of insults and desire for revenge that followed. She was still sore from the failed raid and yet pushed right past that to show just who the top bitch was here - and would make it known that it was her.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Enemies of The Sheep
Paladin
08-17-2022, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2022, 11:06 PM by Morrigan. Edited 2 times in total.)
It was like looking into a mirror.

She had once been blessed with righteous fury. To battle anyone who dared look at her a different way, test the boundaries or her rules.

Was this the goddess’ way of punishment? For her failure?

The woman was ablaze, copper stained her pelt and blood tainted her tongue. As Morrigan was slammed to the ground, body crashing against ice and gravel one singular thought broke through the pain.

Fuck the god and goddess

For what had they truly done? They did not protect her. Or her children. They did not save her husband. They had allowed her whole life to crumble and for what?

Blazing anger churned from spiteful self-loathing and Morrigan snapped her jaws to aim for the fiery woman’s throat.

She could mean business, too.

@Hothieriel
the staff team luvs u
Paladin
08-18-2022, 04:30 PM
Ah — this was the kind of life she was truly striving for. One of chaos that never ended despite the pain in her flesh and bones. It only spurred her on, fuelled the anger that bubbled within to lash out at anyone who poked the little dragon in her nest.

The strange woman crashed to the ground and rebranded Hothieriel wasn't going to give her any time to breathe. Someone who dared spit ire in her direction on her lands would learn their place rather quickly and know she wasn't one to be trifled with. At least not without earning a few bloody bruises along the way.

While the pale woman snapped and aimed for the throat, the russet queen of the ice caves offered her cheek, side of the neck and shoulder instead as she slid past the snapping jaws to grapple with the woman's scruff instead. Hoping to pin the woman down on the ground while she was still here and force her to see her place here if Thalia had to.

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
Formation
Enemies of The Sheep
08-18-2022, 11:38 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2022, 11:06 PM by Morrigan. Edited 2 times in total.)
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Graphic Violence
  • Paladin
Fight,

That little voice whispered. Meek against the crushing weight of her heart. Perhaps her soul, too. As the firey woman brandished pain with snarls and snapping jaws, suddenly the snarls increased tenfold. Wails and screams quickly flooded her ears. She was back there, the bodies piled high. The churned earth ran red with blood and she was covered in it.

Fight!

As her jaws caught flesh, cheek, not throat, the blood brought her back. Like a spark starting a flame she was brought back to life. Heterochromatic eyes blazed with newfound power, as the woman pinned her, that voice screamed not to bow.

So she kicked, kicked with her back legs and front, hoping that it would wind her enough to ease the grip.

@ "Hothieriel"
the staff team luvs u
Paladin
08-23-2022, 10:49 PM
Legs flailed while under her, scratching and kicking at her belly which Thalia had hoped was harbouring new life. She couldn't risk it, not for long. It wasn't the burning pain that told her to move, but instead, the fact that she could lose something she wasn't even certain was existing just yet. After all, she didn't wanna repeat what had happened between her and @Pike half a year from now to try again.

Snarling she bore down on the woman's neck, threatening to bite the flesh and rip the windpipe and arteries alike. With a heavy hind paw she'd slam down on the larger woman's gut with ferocity like some college Chad on a pile of beer cans from a weekend of binging with the boys.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
08-23-2022, 11:05 PM
Her children had fallen in the Crusades. Her husband had been slaughtered, because he did not yield. For where she came from, there was honour in death. Honour in dying for a cause, a name. It was foolish to survive a battle. The woman’s jaws were close, too close for her liking.

No more. What had the God and Goddess brought her? Naught but pain and suffering. They had taken her entire life and burned it to the ground. That was the price she paid for devoting her life.

No more.

Mercy! Morrigan snarled, ceasing her attack. She pushed against the shame that rolled through her chest. Against the fire that sparked to keep on fighting. She pinned her ears and tucked that tail, resisting the bile that crawled within her throat for throwing the fight. You have won!
@Hothieriel
the staff team luvs u
Paladin
08-23-2022, 11:16 PM
Mercy the woman cried, and Hothieriel stomped a couple of more times before pausing... seriously debating on honouring the pleas to stop. At least the fucking kicking to her own gut had stopped, which, luckily for the woman, was enough to get the little dragon to cease. If she lost the kid she was hoping to be growing however, Hothieriel would be certain to hunt this bitch down.

“I say again.” Her voice low, even for a woman it was baritone. A soft growl rolled with her words as the taste of victory after such a bitter loss to HaLdIs wasn't enough to forget those wounds to her pride. “I am Hothieriel, Alpha of the Enemies of the Sheep. Why the FUCK are you here?”

the staff team luvs u
08-23-2022, 11:32 PM
Or be done with it…

She expected nothing but inky blackness after the last few pounds for good measure. Yet… am Hothieriel, Alpha of the Enemies of the Sheep. Why the FUCK are you here?” At least she had been bested by an Alpha. Funny, how the mighty fell so quickly. First her companion Asheden, now her. She had once promised that she would never fall…

And here she was. One minute, I was watching my Kingdom fall… slaughtered before my own eyes. The next thing I knew, I woke here. Sneering through gritted teeth as oh so glorious pain seared through her blood. It had been some time since she had had a good fight. You are one of the first to beat me. Back in my homeland I was undefeated. Oh, it hurt even more to say it out loud.

@Hothieriel
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
08-24-2022, 06:11 PM
“Congratulations.” She sneered with a grin. Was the little dragon lady going to praise someone? “Your story is nothing special or unique here.” Of course not. She spat the words derisively along with some blood that collected on her tongue and lips from the fight that had come and gone between them. Everyone woke up here. Some with memories prior, others, like Hothieriel, had nothing. Could lose nothing but gain everything if they worked and gathered enough friends... or in Hoth's case, like-minded followers.

“I'm downright honoured.” She faked a fawning with no real attempt to make it believable. “You wanna join or something? Or do you just wanna keep sucking my dick all day.” She didn't really have anything better to do, but honestly, if Morrigan wasn't going to join the Enemies of the Sheep, she was wasting the woman's time. Thalia wasn't the type to chat all day about pleasantries. She had men to screw. Food to eat. Vengeance to brew. Places to be. Anything but this.

the staff team luvs u
08-26-2022, 10:33 PM
As expected, the fiery woman did not greet her words with sympathy. They were mocking and crude. A tsk clicked from her jaws as she rolled her shoulders, abstaining to wince from the pain that sparked through her like a spark. She revelled in it. Indeed it was pain that kept her alive. There was no point retaliating, the woman had won.

Her eyes wandered around the caves, the sparkles and the iridescent light. It was pretty. It would do. You wanna join or something? Or do you just wanna keep sucking my dick all day.”

Oh how the mighty had fallen.

Dark eyes moved as Morrigan craned her head to peer at Hoth’s belly. I would, there’s nothing there. Adding with a sneer that curled her ivory maw. If you’ll have me, i’m sure i’ll be of use to you. My Queen.

@Hothieriel
the staff team luvs u
09-12-2022, 11:31 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 11:31 PM by Hothieriel.)
One more would be added. At least this one also had a fire to her, something Thalia found annoying at first - would be glad was on her side of things now. That and another woman around too to dull down this sausage fest she found herself in. “There's no Queens here, from Alpha to Omega, that is what we see.” One was higher ranked than the next. “If you don't like your rank of Digamma, as the newest member - then fight for the rank you want. It's as simple as that.” There was no monarchy here. No blue blood or peasants. Just those who worked for their ranks and those who cried over it.

“Take a look around, I won't be showing you shit. Figure it out.” With that said, she'd retreat to the outsides of the caves. Taking her spot at the opening's maw to overlook the white desert they called home for now.

End!

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top