Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Hate, something, sometime, someway

Sunset Sunny/Clear
AW
Content Warning
Adventurer
08-07-2022, 03:26 PM
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • gun violence mention

Hush lil' piglet, don't say a word... daddy's gonna buy you a mockingbird.. and if that mockingbird don't sing, daddy gonna shoot it, his gun gonna gleam.
 “Shh, sleep now, lil' piglet.” He murmured to himself, before he jolted awake. Had he been talking in his sleep again? Fuck.. he needed to get that checked out. Lazily, the man rubbed his face with one paw, gazing around– wait, paw?

Bär sent his gaze down towards his paw, a tan hue unlike his own, with sharp claws and dark-pink paw-pads.
 Was he a fuckin' mutt? Where was his piglet? The man stood quickly, head lashing in fury; Where were they? Where was his family? He was 'boutta tear up this fucking joint-!

Shocked by the noises his – new – body made, the gang-biker blinked for a few moments, jaw parted in confusion. Where was he? The man swung his head around, searching for any familiar landmark, any tracks, anything to show someone else was here.
 So, in a fit of instinct and hope and uncharacteristic desperation, Bär threw his head back in a howl, calling upon anyone else who'd just awoken;

Come to me, piglet.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
08-08-2022, 06:08 PM
She had travelled far from their grotto for a few days now, the men could handle themselves without her for a while and do their own things - eventually, they could just reconvene back at the grotto whenever they needed to. After they recruited new bodies and know more of the land they lived in - maybe they could see if a few packs nearby were ripe for pillaging... The dragonness was feeling rather antsy to try and get something exciting going on in their lives.

Across the Tundra that she had been so familiar with, coming across a few new scents of packs that had settled in the snow-covered North... ones of which she would have to take a glance at on the way back - she veered slightly South just enough to catch the howl of someone summoning a general audience with anyone who was close enough to hear them... Unfortunately for them, the fiery woman heard and quickly made their way through the sodden woods and sound of cascading waters.

“Confused are we?” She says with a saucy grin spreading across the little dragon's face. It was safe to assume he had just woken up here confused as anyone else had, as she had over a year ago.

the staff team luvs u
08-09-2022, 05:41 AM

He didn't notice the fiery wolf weaving through the mountains at first, completely and utterly confused by the fact that he was now a fucking canine.
 His friend, Jeoffeyr, had a dog, but he never thought about what it fuckin' felt like to be one!

The weirdest sound – a snarl, it seemed – exited his beastly body, and Bär shivered, finally noticing the stranger as she spoke. Spoke?! The fuck? Wolves aren't supposed to speak!
 “Oi! Hund!” He.. barked? It was all so weird. And now... he was talking to this wolf? “'oo the fuk are you!?” Bär dropped the front-half of his body in a snarl, back arched and tail spiking. This all felt so... instinctual?

Piglet. Had this mutt hurt his fukin' piglet? "Did you take my fuckin' Piglet?"
 Oh ho ho, he'd have some fun if she did.

srry for the short post lmao ;;

the staff team luvs u
08-09-2022, 03:16 PM
Oooo a big man with a big attitude. As if she hasn't met that before and dealt with it, leaving their egos wounded as they wander away from the venomous woman of flames. “I don't have to answer you.” She barked back with just as much bite. She was a fucking Alpha now. She didn't have to answer to anyone if she didn't feel like it!

The man grew defensive and offensive all at the same time. He was obviously confused and Thalia soaked it in. Drinking in his confusion and hoping to use it against him once given the opportunity. If he wanted to bark orders at her, he will learn a swift lesson about that.

Welcome to the new world, bitch.

“I haven't eaten pig in a long ass time. So no.” His general petname "piglet" didn't strike her as someone but rather something and that something was, as she remembered from the last swine meal she had, was rather tasty. “Maybe someone else snatched them up.” She shrugged carelessly for his rage over something lost. Somethign that can easily be hunted again if he had found a pig around these parts.

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
Paladin
08-10-2022, 06:18 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2022, 09:51 AM by Bär. Edited 2 times in total.)
Content Warning
  • Strong Language, prob shouldn’t read in public lmao

Okay, so.

He was a wolf.

A wolf, of all things, and not only that, but a wolf that could talk, and swear, and — if he recalled correctly — sing, as he had been a moment prior.
 Oh, and also, apparently wolves could be fucking assholes. Like the one right in front of him.

Oh fuck yourself!” He cursed, wrinkling his muzzle(???) in a.. snarl, whatever, he’d just have to get used to it, even though he was already missing his fuckin thumbs.
 Oh, and his gun, where the fuck was his gun? Not only that, but now he had a collar? He was a real mutt now, oh how Jeoff would love to here that, ey?

”I haven’t eat pig in a long ass time, so no.” Bär snorted. This bitch didn’t know pet-names? Idiot. “I ain’t talkin’ ‘bout no fuckin’ pig,” His attitude with this seemingly “Alpha” woman — who reminded him of the Big Mama — was probably inappropriate, but did he give a shit? No fucking way, especially if this cunt stole his baby.
 “If you’re ‘inting to something I’ll tear your fuckin’ face off, ya hear me?” This bitch! If she or her lil’ gang (which he could easily - and somewhat scarily - smell all over her) ‘snatched up’ his piglet, he’d go for their fucking throats and make him sorry, that was for sure! Asshole…

His blood was boiling at this point. It’d be nice to test out his new teeth.. oh, and his fascinatingly shiny claws, the hell..?

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
08-17-2022, 10:12 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2022, 10:13 PM by Hothieriel.)
How do we wanna see who the victor is?? Are you in the discord chat to use the bot?

“Rather fuck myself than you!” She shot back immediately, teeth glimmering in the daylight with a derisive chuckle exploding from her chest. Boy did she love it when someone else was blowing steam rather than her! It was always a nice change of pace to be the one dishing it out than receiving it. While he snapped and snarled, she simply posed with head up and tail curled high over her hips proudly.

“Oh and I'm supposed to read your mind?!” This time she snapped back, skin rippling on the bridge of her snout as she could feel the tension rising. A fight was imminent and she was just tickled pink at the thought of it. While he was furious, she grinned through her snarl. Just waiting for him to initiate the battle and see what kind of moves he had... she'd circle, squaring her shoulders to him as she rocked fro side to side in a slow rhythm.

“I'd like to see you try!” Fuck that, the woman's mind immediately changed as she yelled out to him - lunging forward with jaws spread wide, hungry to bite into his wrist as she aimed low, swinging her body around to stand parallel to him and pulling his leg should her aim be true and hit. He was a big lad, it wouldn't be the first or last time she dealt with a puckered asshole like this.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
08-17-2022, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2022, 11:31 PM by Bär. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: tag )
I'm not in the discord, but i'm just gonna use 1d10, is that ok?

It was clear that this woman had some balls, and she wasn't no wimp, which was something Bär could commend. Back where he was from – where he started realising he probably wasn't going back to anytime soon – women were the wives and mothers. But this? Oh ho ho, now this was something he could enjoy!

She squared her shoulders, pricked and proud, and Bär felt his anger only grow ten fold. This bastard bitch. Back in the gang, violence wasn't really a thing. It was a group of close ties and even closer trust, though he was well-practiced in human fighting. All he could hope was that his skills carried over to his wolf-self.

And then, she sprung. A primal fear set in; a fuckin' mutt going for him?! The lady went for his "ankles," and he quickly moved to the side. If he was fast enough, he'd whirl around and aim a bite to wherever his teeth could reach. All he could hope was that he was the one to draw first blood..

start dice rolls next round?

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
08-17-2022, 11:20 PM
Rolled a 10! I'm using the discord bot in case you wanted to check! I've always had trust issues myself How much HP, 30? First to 0?

She missed and the woman hissed angrily. Feeling nothing but air as she snapped her teeth without the feeling of skin and bone beneath her crunch or the sweet irony taste of blood pouring onto her tongue. Slithery bastard.

She kept herself moving, backing up and and narrowly avoiding his own counter attack and feeling the man's fangs just grace her fur. From here, with their hips side to side, she lunged once more - this time to his nape and neck. If she couldn't cripple him with his legs, she'll downright kill him instead! Or even better - rip those fucking vocal chords right out of his throat.

He sure liked to talk, so how sweet would it be to take it from him?

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
08-17-2022, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2022, 11:44 PM by Bär. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: i keep forgetting tags smh )
lol yeah discord is actually 17+ in my country so </3 Start with 30, first to 0 loses. Rolling for our own health our the other?

Shit, he missed.

Whatever, at least he didn't have a janked-up ankle. That was better than nothing right? But... then the lady struck again. He wanted to grumble something, a simple sentence; "Calm down," but that was quickly overrun by a scream as she dug her teeth into his neck. FUCK!

“YA BASTA'D!” He raged, coiling around to aim a bite to the stomach. He was fucking fired up now! Bär'd be fucking glad to kill a fuckin' Alpha, now wouldn't he?

Oh how he wished piglet could be here to watch him...

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
08-18-2022, 12:03 AM
Oh nooo! Rolling for damage done! so whatever you roll takes away from the 30 and so on. Rolled another 10 somehow

She got him his time! With his skin clasped tightly between ivories, she refused to let go now. Pulling, chewing, she'd use her arms and claws to rack at his skin and face as the bastard coiled around to try and strike back at her. A

Aiming low... for her belly? She supposed with a side-eye. Twisting her body to guard her tender underside against him as though half-mounting and using his own back and rump to protect her. Instead, he managed to grab the upper thigh (sorry man I can't give you a killing blow LOL).

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
Paladin
08-18-2022, 12:48 AM
Content Warning
  • Just sort of thinkin abt how he has no purpose here
Rolled an 8! My man is getting so beaten smh, Bär health= 10

His teeth met her thigh, and he dug down as hard as he could, writhing in glory as her blood filled his maw. The iron taste released a sort of... pleasure inside of him.

He was getting weaker, and only slowly was he chipping away at the bitch. He grumbled and growled, but the woman was clearly better than her, definitely. Damnit!

Releasing his grip from her thigh, he tried to dart for her ankle, copying a move she had done – which could either prove to be effective... or stupid. Either way, he was willing to face that risk. Bär had no purpose here, so he didn't really care.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
08-19-2022, 08:22 PM
Pfffttt rolls a 1, Hothie Health: 22

Pain raced from her thigh throughout her body, a feeling she was far too accustomed to now with months... no a year of this now under her belt. She bucked and writhed while wrestling with her grip, digging claws into his skin while the woman did her best to hang on.

New pain shot from her wrist as she noticed he had taken revenge and did to her what she wanted to do to him! A ferocious scream gurgling with a growl erupted from her as she began to claw at his face, nose and eyes with her remaining paw, snapping at his face to force him to let her go.

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
Paladin
08-19-2022, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2022, 09:41 PM by Bär. Edited 1 time in total.)
Content Warning
  • more strong language I'm so sorry
That feeling when you roll a ten on a random 1d10 on google 1_face_sunglasses Bär health = 9

Haha! And he struck! Bär felt one of the fire-lady's claws rake across his cheek, though, and he quickly jumped backwards. It was quite clear they were both finishing off, but the man would ride this through and through, mother-fucker.
 Stalking his victim with his shoulders squared, he'd leap for her back, claws outstretched and maw parted, hoping to grab something, anything at all. He just wanted to make this bitch bleed.

If she managed to duck in time, though, he'd flail forwards, which wouldn't be a good look. If anything, it'd give the fire lady time to give herself a quick lick o' the wound and get back in the game. God, all he could fuckin' hope for was to get the cunt on the ground and stop her flailin'. Wouldn't that be nice?
 So, with his eyes partially narrowed and locked on the target, he hoped to stay on track. No, he didn't want to kill her, that wasn't what this was about, but he wanted to show the woman her fuckin' place.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
08-24-2022, 06:17 PM
Rolled a 4! Hothie health: 12

Oh how she hated when someone was on her back and they weren't invited. ESPECIALLY MEN. Furiously she bucked and shook wanting to loosen his grip and get the hell off of her. Rearing her head back to try and pummel his nose with the back of her head if she had to. Failing and snapping, she had no real plan right now other than being a savage animal wanting her body autonomy back from his bastard. If she managed to snap at his face all the while doing so, all the power to her.

Once he was off her back she would claim that as victory enough in her book!

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
08-26-2022, 02:34 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2022, 09:41 PM by Bär. Edited 1 time in total.)
Rolled a 9! Ugh I'm so sorry Hothie </3 Bär health = 5

Thank fuck, he managed to score a hit on the woman's back, though quickly she went fuckin' savage, and Bär felt his vision go dizzy. Before he'd get thrown off, though, the man would try to sink his claws deeper into her fur, hoping that he wouldn't get thrown off immediately.

This fight was almost over, he could tell, but Bär could appreciate the not-so-friendly spar. It got him riled up and ready to face whatever else this shithole might have in store for him, so he'd consider that a win in his book. It didn't take too long, though, for him to roll of the girl's back. For a second he wasn't sure whether he was a wolf or a cat, as he'd landed on his feet; chuckling at his own mental joke, Bär went back to stalking.

Would he be lying if he said he wanted this bitch dead? Yes. In reality, he hoped that they'd go claw-to-tooth again sometime. This was fun.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
09-12-2022, 11:20 PM
Sorry for the long wait on this! I had a bit of a muse slump lately

Unfortunately her losing streak would continue. The strange guy had the upper hand and she was barely able to squeeze out from his grip to hastily make a retreat. With a few twists and turns to loosen herself and claw out for freedom, all she'd say over her shoulder as she fled back to the region where the other Enemies of the Sheep resided, “We'll meet again, asshole!” And remember how he cried for his Piglet...

Maybe she could look for whoever that was and use it against him later.

Nevertheless, the bitch wouldn't forget this either.

Exit!

the staff team luvs u
09-16-2022, 04:17 PM

“We'll meet again, asshole!” Bär scoffed, rolling his eyes as the girlie twisted away from him, stalking up north, towards the snowy tundra. “Yeah, yeah, sure we will, and I’ll beat ya ass again!

He almost found himself smiling, but quickly, Bär turned south instead, hoping that they wouldn’t meet too soon. Not yet, at least. They both needed time to recover, as much as Bär wanted to gut that ginger brat.

exit!

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top