Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
The place I call Home

Sunrise Sunny/Clear
AW
Discovery
08-06-2022, 05:05 AM
It was days like this that really made her treasure the venture she had to take down the mountainside. The Sun had yet to peak over the horizon, but it had already started to dye the sky with orange and pink hues. As she got closer the heavily perfumed air of the plants below delighted her nose.

It was much warmer on the ground than in her den, but the woman was used to it, as she spent many of her days here. Hibiscus hummed as she walked through the various foliage, stopping at every opportunity to taste various herbs and berries.

Her walk eventually led her to the water's edge, where she took a few sips of the blue water, in which gave the lake it's name. The spotted cat inhaled deeply before pushing off with her back feet, diving into the cool glacier water. She was completely submerged in the water for a few seconds, before she swam back up to the top. Her head broke the surface, and she decided to just relax for a few minutes, treading water to stay afloat.
the staff team luvs u
[Image: Hibiscus-GIF.gif]
3-2-3 Rated
08-15-2022, 03:21 AM
Uriel was drawn to the mountains — she wasn't sure why, especially while trying to travel up one, happened to see a landslide and well.. Foolishly jumped forth at the whimsical encouragement of another ; but fate did not have it for her, and she fell. Though it led a meeting which she would not forget, and the friendship? that came from it. Overall an unknown entity what was happening, but valued.

So avoiding the area for some time, she went back. Paws traveled up the mountain and her sore body was so grateful to hear the sound of running water in the distance. A great lake stood at the mountain tops, and she was more then ready to lap up the sweet relief.. It was beautiful though. Blue to the eye, glacier water that just looked fresh to lap ; and just as she was..

Uriel jumped, seeing a head emerge from the water, lightly screaming.

the staff team luvs u
08-17-2022, 10:08 PM
Her body tensed as a sudden scream sounded from shore. She spun around to see the cause, ebony eyes falling upon a rather startled wolf.
“Are you alright?” The leopard asked, swimming back towards the blonde. She heaved herself on to shore, shaking out her spotted pelt.

“I didn't mean to frighten you” She purred, “The lake’s just gorgeous, I try to swim whenever I can”. Hibiscus really wasn't really anything scary, especially to wolves, most of which towered over the cat. Though this one was rather petite, she must be young, she decided.

She began soothing her fur, not bothering to dry it, the dampness would provide some comfort for the warmth on the ground. Once her fur was reasonably flattened she gave her attention to the newcomer once again. “ What brings you here?” She asked with a smile.
the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 Rated
Adventurer
08-20-2022, 04:11 AM
It couldn't be denied Uriel was developing some sort of phobia with felines, specifically due to @Kuhn. She wasn't sure whenever they would turn to kind to cruel, and it was hard to deal with as fear would always lurk when that change came. She was scared to event enter the tundra anymore, for everything that was terrible, often diverged into the north. To the boar, to the tiger.. Although to admit some part of her felt guilty for constantly misunderstanding, but fear could not override it, especially when it seemed the last time he truly did wish to kill her.

But unlike his more serious of nature, the feline before her was.. Cute? Unlike stripes was spotted, notably smaller then that of a tiger, but still bigger then herself. An eye gazed toward the tail that was heavily long, and fur that drapped from the water, "oh, uh," Uriel didn't realize she was staring for a moment, "I like to explore the areas, and grew thirsty," for the truth she was, and still is, her ears flattened a bit with embarrassment as she meekly smiled, "I didn't think anyone was here."

the staff team luvs u
08-22-2022, 11:21 PM
She didn't mind the young wolf’s eyes on her. Her kind wasn't common, she knew that more than anyone. So she was glad to be a learning experience for somebody, in her mind curiosity was never a bad thing.

“I don't blame you for wanting to explore, it's beautiful here. I'm glad it's getting the recognition it deserves” She assured, taking a seat on the warm ground.

“Usually there isn't anyone here, except me of course, I spend more time down here then I do in my den”

She kept her tone light, this wolf seemed somewhat fearful of her, and the leopard wanted to assure her that she shouldn't be. The woman adored having company, and she didn't have it often. The lake was secluded, and not many stumbled upon it.
“May I ask your name? Mine's Hibiscus”
the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 Rated
Adventurer
08-26-2022, 02:41 AM
There was still caution, timid in nature Uriel was slightly fearful of the outcome of this conversation. Anyone bigger then herself always ended.. Badly. Especially of the feline nature, it was only natural for her to keep at a distance ; but attempted to get over this dreadful feeling, as the meanwhile the snow leopard was quite nice and pleasant, even her voice bled in warmth that was not familiar from the overall feline lineage. But, wolf nature overcame everything, she could only meekly stay by her side and nodded, "it is.. quite pretty."

Torn her gaze away, she looked at the bluewater lake. Mountains surrounded them, but before her was one of water that was of true-blue. Glacier, she could feel the coldness enriching in this summer heat — truly peaceful for any wishing to get away from the hot season, and a refreshing drink overall. She nearly bent down once more to finally taste it.. But lifted her gray gaze to look at the other, "oh, I am Uriel," she said softly.

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
09-10-2022, 01:04 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2022, 01:05 AM by Hibiscus. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: Skill tag )
“Uriel” She repeated, “What a beautiful name, it suits you.” The feline decided to keep the conversation lax for now, lighten the girl's mood. She laid down on the warm ground, her belly left unprotected towards the wolf. A purr rumbled from deep in her chest, as the sun beat down on her damp fur.
“Is there any meaning behind it?” The woman questioned

Bugs buzzed around her head now that she was closer to the ground, causing her ears to twitch with irritation. Still her chocolate eyes were filled with warmth as she watched them flutter around the air, keeping her gaze away from the canine. A particularly interesting butterfly landed on a flower she was familiar with. The petals of the Cornflower held one of her favourite colours, and it was always a joy to see. Though she never noticed it here before. Hibiscus nipped the stem of the flower in her teeth, after breaking the flower off she placed it under her paw to bring it up to her den later.

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 Rated
09-30-2022, 01:16 AM
"Thank you.. But to be honest I can't remember." Her ears forwarded down just a bit thinking of memories she knew not ; lost as they were as she settled upon this land. Uriel knew she originally remembered, she remembered fear and sadness, but she couldn't say why, for the memory eventually disappeared. However she came to an understanding that quite a few were in the same, some knew of their pasts and others were in an amnesiac purpose.

She only wondered if she had a family, somewhere out there.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top