Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
With all the Lies in the Books

AW
Discovery
08-05-2022, 02:50 AM
DAY 1

She hadn't forgotten the so-called "King of Warcrest" or his tough lil' girlfriend.

No, not at all. Who would be able to forget a woman that tore a chunk of your face away? Not Mahogany, that was who. As she trekked through the clearing between weird-wooden-structures, the woman flicked her tail in annoyance.
 She didn't want to find the king straight away, but part of her just wanted to find him already and say 'FOUND YOU, YOU FUCKING BASTARD! HAHA!'

But, no, she had to work her way through the desert first. Get used to the harsh living, so she could prove herself! The woman swung her head around the clearing, nose working it's best to try and fine something for Mahogany to tear to shreds and chow down on... 

Nope, nothing, nothing in a million years, of course!
 The woman released a frustrated growl, rearing on her back legs and tearing away at the sand in anger. She could leave, she really could, but she wanted to learn and hurt and hunt and kill

But @Satan made it very clear that she needed him to do that, as much as Mahogany didn't want to think about that at all.

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 rated

Mahogany is an asshole Power-Playing her is A-OK if she's just said something asshole-ish and is pissing your character off! <3
OOC ≠ IC
Trans MTF, appears Male
Discovery
08-21-2022, 01:53 AM
With his family gone all of them Larke is hideously angry. It bleeds into his bones and comes out of his mouth in petty insults like his previous mental health issues never got resolved as much as they did. It causes him to bumble around like he has no respect for life - this does not change here. He finds himself within some... Wooden structures, odd looking. He's not confident to go inside any of them in fear something will fall onto his head and kill him. It's enough for him to look at for a few minutes before he stomps along some more.

It's... Something else to be abandoned by someone who said they'd never would. Larke's father - someone who the boy met again by chance - is gone. No word, anything. And perhaps Larke deserves it. He never did mention that he used to have a sister to the man, and Aksel would want to know... Too late now. It won't stop him from thinking about it more than before. A rumble comes out of his throat. Maybe if Larke'd been more honest than he already was, Aksel wouldn't have left him behind. Neither would've the rest of the pack he was supposed to be second in command of. Or maybe Aksel took them all somewhere by choice and left him to die. The thought has his teeth pricking against his tongue. Aksel would never. That's true, at least.

So where did he go? His scent up and left without any notice, like it was some scary dream that Larke had his dad in the first place. Was it? Is Larke just crazy? He doesn't know anymore. The smell of someone else hits his nose, and Larke's head flashes to the side to see who it is when it's unfamiliar in his head. A brown stranger, injured too. It's too bad his father's wife isn't around to help. He thought he came to terms with Aksel being with someone who isn't his mom. After all, it didn't seem like the man and his mother really had much of a relationship at all, but he still wonders if she was good for the man in the end. Second guessing his own decisions to say she was fine hanging around - even if he had no other choice but to let her. Larke debates leaving the stranger and going on his own way, but he doesn't move in the end.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
08-22-2022, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 03:09 PM by Satan. Edited 1 time in total.)
The man had been out exploring, moving through an area of the desert that he hadn't been in before. This seemed like a place that most people didn't venture and so, he drew him in. The mystery of the whole area was what he enjoyed. As he walked thought, the familiar scent caught his attention, causing him to chuckle softly. Walking forward it didn't take him long to find her, seeing the little spitfire as he watched her. 

However, it also didn't take him long to find another not too far off. He would let out a loud growl to announce his presence, curious to see how this would turn out. One of these he knew would try to annoy him with every fiber of her being and the other, well he knew nothing about them. 

Not that it mattered to him though, if anything, he was interested to learn more about the new wolf.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 594e2082-689d-11ed-b829-057c57b7de88.gif]
08-23-2022, 03:49 AM
Apologies for the wait!

Just as she reared upwards, the yearling recognised a scent, shortly followed by another. The albino man was easily recognised, the metallic smell riding the winds, but there was one that . . . wasn't exactly desert-like? Suppressing a snarl, Mahogany whirled around to face the stranger, though another snarl from the stronger man caught her attention.

“Who the fuck are you?” Mahogany growled. She was all too quick to aggression, but at least that meant she'd have the chance to draw first blood . . . right? – Though her thoughts quickly flicked up to that white-ass bitch. Unwilling to let the man go without notice, Mahogany swung her head to where he lie in wait. Pulling her lips back in a cocky half-snarl half-grin, the girl jeered at him. “Don't think I can't smell ya, gettin' around with a blanket o' fuckin blood.

Now, it was time to wait. Who'd attack first? Mahogany was fairly certain that if she was to begin a battle, she'd probably bleed out and die. But at least she'd die like a warrior, ay? The girl snickered at the thought; As if these bitches could kill me of all people. They'd fuckin' try!

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 rated

Mahogany is an asshole Power-Playing her is A-OK if she's just said something asshole-ish and is pissing your character off! <3
OOC ≠ IC
Trans MTF, appears Male
08-31-2022, 08:52 PM
Larke nearly makes his decision to leave when the girl notices him. She's pissy, and clearly someone Larke doesn't care to mess with despite being as pissed off as a badger interrupted from its nap. Someone Larke would have chased off if he was still back home. He's not home, though, which sort of makes it a bad idea to do that in a way. Another growl has his head whipping in the opposite direction. Fucking hell. Now that guy looks and smells like trouble. The guy smells like he rolled around in a carcass and then dirt to try and mask the scent he put there on purpose. Larke has to hold back a gag.

His blue eyes turn to look at the girl again. Cornered. Larke and his father never trained for a situation like this one. Maybe he could try and turn the stranger's attention to the girl instead? With all of her aggression if he plays the slow game maybe her aggressiveness will set the other guy off and he'll chase her down despite her being a yearling. He ignores her question in favor of looking at the big guy again. Bad vibes. At least the yearling seems more aggravated with that guy than Larke himself. If she tries to go at him Larke can just run away, but he's definitely not going to attack anyone despite the aggression.

With a deep sigh, Larke really isn't ready for this. Certainly scared the anger out of his body.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
09-04-2022, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 03:09 PM by Satan. Edited 1 time in total.)
The brute would chuckle slightly, knowing as she spoke up that he knew he was there, not that he was trying to hide it. "I clearly wasn't trying to hide myself. But good job sniffing me out." He would smirk as he said that, remembering what their last exchange turned into. Still, he would easily dismiss her and turn to look at the other one, cocking his head slightly. "You can calm down, I have no reason to fight you. Though, I will offer you somewhere to stay, a pack to call home and a den to sleep in at night." He was getting straight to the point, glancing over at her as he continued to speak to the other man. "Unless you want to be like her and be lost in the desert forever." 

He would finally turn his body to look at her cocking his head to the side with a cocky grin on his lips. "Unless of course you've changed your mind? Is that why you linger?" He grinned as he aimed to walk closer to her, curious to see why she was still here? Did she need something for him, or perhaps she was simply a lost lamb.

the staff team luvs u
09-05-2022, 10:18 AM

Well, seemed like someone was being quiet. And he sighed. Mahogany bared her teeth at him, yet turned her gaze back towards the albino man. "I clearly wasn't trying to hide myself. But good job sniffing me out." “Yeah, yeah,” She growled with a roll of her eyes. Then, he turned to the fucking coward.

"You can calm down, I have no reason to fight you. Though, I will offer you somewhere to stay, a pack to call home and a den to sleep in at night. Unless you want to be like her and be lost in the desert forever." She snarled at his words, brows furrowed. “Oh go fuck yourself!” She may of been bleeding, but that didn't mean she didn't wanna slit this motherfuckers throat.

“I want you to burn underneath my claws,” Mahogany begun to his previous statement, asking if she wanted to join, and if that was why she still lingered. “But I suppose fucking so, genius. Her terrible habits; cussing out people so much stronger than her. Fucking hell. “Or will I need to fight your fuckin' girlfriend again, mr. king of the fucking desert?”

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 rated

OOC ≠ IC
Trans MTF, appears Male
09-07-2022, 03:52 PM
The big guy keeps his attention on the girl for now, thank the stars above - it lets Larke think about what to do. To leave he'll probably have to go through the fucking attack drone yearling, and if he's being honest it sounds like too much work than it's worth. He bared his teeth back when the girl did so to him. He might not want to make the first move, but if it means defending himself he would. She turned away though. Good, for now at least. There's a lot going on right now, but when the big man says he's not going to fight Larke, he unintentionally relaxes just a little bit. The girl is still too close for comfort, though. He has a lot of questions for the reason of a random pack invite, especially from someone so smelly with the blood of something.

Let's get one thing settled, first.

"I'm not lost." His pack might be gone, but he knows how to get back to the area they were in when they showed up to this strange place.

The join being also given to the girl though, has Larke a little bit questionable to the guys intentions. Does he want the yearling to attack everyone she sees there? Or is he gonna let her in to maul her later?

"Are you sure you want someone so aggressive in your group?" He doesn't have any power here, but still. "What if she gets so pissed off she attacks your members for no reason?" Not that it's any of Larke's business, but he'd rather not get potentially mauled on the way there if he did get brought to wherever the hell that guy's group is.

If he's honest, Larke wouldn't mind if she was lost out here forever. Good riddance. Then he can go about his life normally. The mention of the guy's girlfriend catches Larke off guard, but it sounds like she was the reason the yearling smells like injuries. Revenge then? Larke doesn't want part of that either. He has a feeling it was the yearling's fault anyway.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
09-14-2022, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 03:09 PM by Satan. Edited 1 time in total.)
This time as she cussed and snarled at him, he refused to take the bait, knowing that soon she would be apart of his pack and, then if she didn't listen to him, there were so many things he could do to her. A grin crept onto his face as she stated that he was correct. "Welcome to Warcrest than." He was going to say something else when the other male asked a question, one that made the bloody man chuckle. 

"That is a very good question, but no I'm not worried. See, in Warcrest every member, even the pups, can handle their own. Those who can't are protected until they can." The last part was aimed towards the loner male, letting him know that, even if he couldn't fight, he would be protected. "Even those that can fight have backup always. If they face an opponent they can't beat, I will help them." Was he flexing his own fighting skills? Yes, yes he was. 

Turning back to the female, he would chuckle slightly at her as well. "No, you don't have to fight my mate, your queen, however you will be my apprentice." He was going to either teach this girl how to fight, or he was going to end up killing her, there really was no in between. 

Once again his eyes met the males, watching him for a moment. "I will offer you the same thing I originally gave her. You can either join Warcrest and have a home and protected in exchange for work of your choice, or you can continue in the desert and likely either die from dehydration or the poisons that roam the lands." He knew there were scorpions and snakes hidden in the sands, but he wasn't going to tell him how to find them.

the staff team luvs u
09-24-2022, 10:31 PM
The values make sense to Larke. It's being pitched to him like a television advertisement - protection for learning skills, simple enough. Not enough for Larke, though. He side-eyes the girl that joined him just now, not trusting of her. His explanation of her is lackluster and leading him into asking more questions he has a feeling this guy isn't going to answer. Sure, she could potentially handle her own, and the pack members also most likely could do the same. But that's not manifesting a very good... Pack environment. What's he gonna do to get that shit for all personality out of her? Larke's dad tried with him, he's still a danger now. It's not that easy. Just because he's older and knows how to hold in his temper for the most part, does not mean it's completely gone. What happens when she goes off the walls? 

Larke has a very bad impression of that girl. She probably, theoretically, could change, but he does not want to be the one to see it. Especially with how easy this guy invited her in. What's the rest of his pack look like? No thanks. 

"Id rather not, thanks." I'd rather die than put myself somewhere questionable is more like it, but Larke isn't trying to die yet.

Exit from my guy :') probably would have put him in but i've got virtue, so

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top