Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Group Only
Which I wish would go away, oh, oh-oh

Afternoon
Group Only
Duskguard
Adventurer
07-31-2022, 06:18 PM
any haldis member! @Sorina

Aries was off a bit away from the vale in the search of foraging herbs. Although as she got close to the Everfrost, a scent had her nose twitched. It was there before ; she noted, the attempted claim of others wolves within the area, but now as days go on it seemed even stronger then it was before. They were relatively close to Duskguard, but not within true neighbors for a field divided them.. But still, she thought perhaps it would be best to gander at who may be around — and whether a friend or foe was within the tundra.

Weak though, she couldn't accurately tell where within the lands their border was besides the few smells here and there that were scavengely stronger in certain points. Only as she arrived closer within did the scent grow larger and larger — and Aries, perhaps realizing her mistake of venturing too far in of an attempted claim.

She hoped she would not offend anyone, and cautiously looked around.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Haldis
07-31-2022, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2022, 12:40 PM by Sorina. Edited 1 time in total.)
She grew restless. She did not like being weak. 

Mother had told her of the downfall of her Father's Empire, how he had not sought out new faces once establishing the pack. How they were too small, too weak to defend their home from a larger family threat. Ironically, they called themselves "wolves of winter." 

It must have really bruised Leviathan's ego.

Regardless, Sorina was adamant not to make the same mistake. Not to allow herself to settle. She had to work and be seen to do so, in order to make Haldis strong. She would stop at nothing to ensure her pack's survival and safety. History, this time, would not repeat its self. Alas, she did not want to patrol every gods for saken hour (or akin to what felt like it) she wanted to be in her den, or watching the stream roll by. Or... with Eldritch, seeking out her future. Anything bar the mind-numbing wandering. 

But it had to be done.

A hefty sigh rolled from her nostrils, into the dark skies above. Her jaws clenched, perhaps so much that they began a dull ache. But all of that seemingly stopped, when she set eyes upon a figure. Too small to be Rosencrantz, too light to be anyone else. Immediately, it sent her tail curling over her spine, but she would not growl... not yet. Now she had the power to claim the Everfrost, she would make it known... but if this one was a wandering Loner, she could not refuse potential.

"Greetings," The Queen called out, straightening her posture, lifting up her head. "You stand in Haldis borders." As she came close enough (to a respectful distance), she stopped. "May I ask the nature of your visit?" Calm. She could not be aggressive. Not when the winds whispered scents of a pack upon the strangers fur.

@Aries
the staff team luvs u
[Image: dfeo71b-911a2cce-24b2-4a18-bbb4-e6a43b76...BhW7Iv8uLQ]
Erebus is allowed in any of Sorina’s threads.
Adventurer
08-01-2022, 04:15 AM
A woman approached, a fine-dressed raven who stood at same, if not similar height then herself. Aries bathed within the light of the snow and the morning day with a sunset of an eye, and before her was a woman of the night whose eyes looked to be the lavenders of the plains-region itself; not something that she knew well within the north but wasn't completely unknown.. Some part of her yearned for those same flowers, and wondered if she traveled further south, would they appear?

"Apologies miss," Aries apologized, "I did not know this was your land." As so she bowed lightly in the tip of her head in a politeness, for she was an unwanted guest as she once was within the Frostfang Vale. Yet the only difference was now, she was covered within the grace of Duskguard itself and swam within their rankings, quite satisified with their kindness to allow herself to be amongst them.

"I am Aries of Duskguard.. I smelled new scents within the area and the curiosity of the wind brought me forth," would she admit, as the name Haldis swam within the core memories of the mind. She would have to tell @Olive and @Tiberius of this once she returns.

the staff team luvs u
08-16-2022, 02:18 PM
Duskgard. It seemed that there were more neighbouring packs than she first thought. Though her body relaxed just a tad her eyes still narrowed. She knew better than to simply trust a stranger's kind words. But at least... the woman was polite. Her dark crown dipped in firm thank you. "You are not the first to indulge in their curiosity." She offered, glancing just past the Duskgard woman, to see whether she would be flanked with fellow compatriots. With a flick of her dark ear, she dismissed the notion and settled her attention back onto the woman before her.

"Duskgard," The Queen repeated, teasing the name upon her tongue with a slight hum. "Is where, exactly?" Soon she would have to venture away from The Everfrost and seek out exactly who neighboured Haldis. "Haldis would be open to potential alliances with its neighbours." That was one thing she had learned from her father's mistake. 

@Aries
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
08-19-2022, 11:56 PM
The woman never gave her name, leaving an air of mystery to who she was and to whether she was the leader of Haldis — Aries could only assume by her posture and greeting. Nonetheless, always attempting to be polite regardless of a status, and present peace and serenity if it came, especially if it came to inquiring who they were, and relay this information back to both @Tiberius and @Olive.

She lifted her snout and pointed to the north, where the great mountains stood in front of the Permafrost Lake, "We live within the mountains forest short distances away. I'm sure my leaders would be delighted to meet you." Although, Aries would not relay, there was reasons they personally have yet venture out far.. Surely settling with their own ; the hare would trips every so often to forage. By pure chance, did she realize of settling neighbors. 

Smiling and listening, there was relief to hear if Haldis was alright with alliances, by no means were they an unfriendly pack. This was a worthy note to report about, and perhaps something that would be deemed as more positive news within the north. Aries truly did not wish for troubles, and the friendlier the neighbors were, the more relief she felt in this unfamiliar north.

the staff team luvs u
08-21-2022, 03:56 PM
Aries noted where Duskgard was situated and was ever so polite about it. A small incline of her dark crown was given. "When you return, please tell them that Sorina Saxe-Salvatoré, Lady Paramount of Haldis would be most interested to meet their acquaintance." After all, Eldritch had saw it in her dark arts... the teeth had spoken about forging alliances, Sorina would consider herself a fool if she did not heed such a good idea.

Frosted eyes glanced over the woman's form. "Please, if you require a rest or food before your journey back, I will be more than happy to host you." Being so nice was tough and of course, she would find a place for Aries away from the heart of the Everfrost... just in case. But what kind of potential friendship did not start by the outstretch of a hand? 

@Aries
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
08-23-2022, 10:23 PM
With a paw on her chest, Aries bowed lightly, "I will be sure to inform my Priestess and Chief," she said with a faint and warm smile. A lady whose name she had gotten, and a pack that was of neighbors.. They seemed pleasant, although she did not know much of how their culture or region was, Aries knew over time that perhaps relations could grow closer, whether to be just neighbors of the north or close of an allyship between the two.

"Thank you for offer, although we are quiet close to each other that I am sure I will return before sundown." But she will remember this, and take note to the others that she was offered but a moment of rest for this curiosity of a journey. Although if was any further away, Aries may have not been so bold to their borders and instead bring immediate info to the leaders.

With due time, she would bid Sorina farwell to inform of Duskguard of Sorina, and Haldis.

the staff team luvs u
09-02-2022, 09:37 PM
Sorina listened intently, allowing a small dip of her crown as Aries bowed. Many thanks. Finally, the ball seemed to be rolling. Patience, her Augur had scryed patience. The bonds of friendship-true friendship would take time.

Of course. Do travel well, I look forward to meeting your Superiors. And with that, Sorina bid the nice woman farewell.

-Exit Sorina, end thread.-
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top