Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
And now I get to See you Again

P
07-28-2022, 09:29 PM
@Mei reunion time! <3

Finally.

Finally, he’d found the time to go back to the sea, where he had met the wolf that had changed his life…
 For the better.

His paws carried him forwards, gait poised at a hopeful sprint.

Had she missed him?
 Boa could only hope so, for he had missed her.

Orange thunderous paws struck the earth as excitement flowed through his veins. Mei. 

The beast let out a thunderous roar, similar to the one that had first called Mei.
 Did she remember?

The cat waited patiently, though he wanted to tear up the ocean floor and the mountains and the rivers to find the woman again.

Short post, sorry! Just wanted to get the ball rolling lol

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3
07-29-2022, 02:18 AM
[Image: unknown.png]

she & boa had split up for a short while to search for her relatives. distance made the heart grow fonder, & with each passing day she found herself missing him more & more, despite how cruelly brief their time together had been. she still didn't know why he elicited such strong feelings in her nor what that meant, but she hardly cared. mei simply relished the joy and peace of mind she was allowed while by his side.

her thoughts drifted to him as she laid out in the sand with seaglass eyes closed, letting the waves brush rhythmically around her. she became one with the brine, her breathing in time with each lap. she felt herself falling asleep when an unmistakable, magnificent roar ripped through the air:

boa.

her eyes flicked open, getting to her paws without a second thought. mei howled with more enthusiasm than she'd like to admit, telling him i'm here, i missed you! she broke into a lope towards his voice, an intense look on her face. nothing else existed but she and him, right now.

eventually, she stopped upon seeing his stark striped form. out of breath, she breathed, “boa...” closing the distance fully, she moved to greet him fully, nuzzling into his chest fondly.

finally, reunited with a familiar face.

the staff team luvs u
普通话 | common
hover for translations
07-29-2022, 03:04 AM

A howl. 

A call.

She was there, coming. 
 She missed him, too, hopefully just as much as he had missed her.

Yellow-green eyes searching along the shoreline, his gaze finally swept across her. 
 Mei. The only one he could ever want right now.

The familiar sand-hued fur dipped in an inky, charcoal black that had entranced him – at least, what felt like – so long ago. Had she found her sisters, the slightest bit of clarity for her?

Was Boa interrupting? Had she found someone else? The tiger couldn't help but feel slightly out of place here, as if he was supposed to leave Mei to relax and be on her own.. but...

He couldn't stand to just.. not see her.

The beast brought his paws forwards, calling out the woman's name. “Mei!” He panted, low on energy from the run here. “Mei, I missed you.”
 Mei had been the one to close the distance between them. She did that, and Boa felt his heart flutter.

He had to be careful not to barrel right into her, but quickly he attempted to slink around her figure, coiling like a snake.
 It was a hug; One that longed for her by him. He had so much to tell her and teach her...

He was so, so glad he got to see Mei again.

Mind if we forward-date this? Or would you like it back-dated? Either works for me <3

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3
07-30-2022, 08:13 AM
either's fine for me! if you'd prefer forward-dated, we can do that!

so too did he call her name in turn, telling her he missed her and enveloping her in his touch. mei giggled, overjoyed by the closeness. she happily let him sweep her up. “i missed you too,” she returned.

a nagging part of her had feared they'd never meet again, that she'd lose him how she'd lost everyone & everything else, but here he was. she'd done her best to keep those thoughts buried, but now that boa was here, having that awful fear dashed brought tears building in her eyes. she closed them, relishing in the comfort of his warmth.

“how are you?” mei asked, peering up at boa & thanking the stars he appeared physically well.

the staff team luvs u
普通话 | common
hover for translations
07-30-2022, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2022, 10:31 AM by Boa.)
No worries! Boa will have more news if we forward-date this lol

He curled around her, letting his muscle and fur enveloping the woman.
 Her giggles, her smile, it was all too much for him; He was worried that he'd cry.

Boa had missed the woman and her salty ocean scent for far too long.
 'I missed you, too'  Was enough to prompt him to curl his tail around hers. “Thank you...” He breathed quietly, a murmur for only his ears, but perhaps for another...

A deep, rumbling purr built up in his chest, and he aimed to rasp his tongue over Mei's fur in a friendly way.
 He'd missed being near her, fur touching, cuddling. It was nice.

Her voice cut through the beasts thoughts, though, and he leaned in to hear her.
 'How are you?' Amazing would've been his first answer, but Boa had to think about it as a whole. 

“Happy,” He chuckled, nuzzling his nose further into her fur. “Tired; I ran alllll the way here.” Just to look for you. “Hungry. Excited to teach you new things. I met so many wolves and creatures while I was exploring. I was taught how to fish, and I met pack wolves, and another tiger, and... There's so much I need to tell you about.”

At first, his tone was quick and excited, but by the end of his statement, it was but a tired breath, and he stepped back a few spaces.
 The two would have to find somewhere to rest soon, for sure. He was tired.

Maybe, if he was lucky, he could cuddle Mei..

Note to self: probably forward-dated enough for Boa to know Kuhns name.

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3
08-02-2022, 11:58 AM

boa, like the serpent of the same name, seemed determined to wrap her up tightly & never let go. enveloped in his grasp, she was the safest woman in the world. he murmured & appeared put at ease upon hearing her say she missed him too. did he fear she wouldn't? that couldn't be further from the truth. mei supposed she'd just have to prove it to him.

he had begun to purr, & the rhythmic vibrations from his chest sank deep into her bones. it was such a surreal experience every time, but as if through some kind of spell, it relaxed her. she'd picked up that he did so when thoroughly pleased, which was part of it; her emotions were intertwined with his. his pain was her pain, & his joy was her joy. & right now, they both could enjoy a moment of peace from one another's company.

a raspy tongue lapped over her salty fur, another oddity of his. felines were so strange, yet so alluring. mei took in his musky scent, now with touches of pine from his time in the north. it suited him, she thought from under lidded eyes. though just roused from her dozing, she was already at risk of falling asleep again. he was her lullaby, with his purrs that came in waves like the ocean, the warmth of his embrace & the rhythmic massaging of his textured tongue.

but she couldn't sleep, not yet. they had so much to talk about! when boa said he was happy & nuzzled into her fur, mei leaned into his touch. gods, she was so touch-starved from his absence. he said he was tired from running all the way here, & that made her heart sing. he really missed her that much? mei beamed. it was her turn to nuzzle into him, her snout pressing tenderly against his neck. but she remained quiet, content to simply listen to his voice.

she giggled when he excitedly listed off all of his experiences from his adventure 'til he was out of breath. “it's okay, we have forever,” mei soothed. “i'm glad you had good time. & you're safe...” she gave his cheek a few grateful licks. when was the last time she felt this over the moon? she couldn't remember.

the staff team luvs u
普通话 | common
hover for translations
08-02-2022, 09:53 PM
But why am I actually crying this is adorable

His heart bumped and beat from not only the run here, but the feeling of butterflies in his stomach. He was with her again, he really was. This wasn’t a nightmare, nor a dream, but the present; They were here, right now, embraced in eachothers touch for what felt like eternity. She was here, with him, and Boa couldn’t be any happier.
 Mei leaned into his touch, and Boa helped her keep her balance. The large feline was worried that she may just drop asleep then and there; Honestly, he may of done the same, but he wanted to find somewhere nice and cozy to rest where they could talk and talk and talk until the sun had set. He had so much to tell the woman… so much time he had missed with her that he had to make up now, of course.

He got but a glimpse of a smile from Mei, nuzzling her way into his own fur. He chuckled at the action, considering swatting her away in a playful manner, but no, he wanted to savour this tender touch for a few more moments. They could play some other day.
 Her giggle, her laugh, it was all too much for his aching heart. Boa felt like the sappy-est man in the world in that moment, but he also felt the most loved, the most needed, it was something that made his head fuzzy and his heart twinkle. It’s okay, we have forever, Mei soothed, and he aimed to rasp his tongue over her cheek. 

“I know, but forever isn’t long enough..” He murmured with a sigh, backing away so they were no longer coiled together.
 “No I’m glad that you’re safe! I was worried sick! At least I’m a fierce cat with sharp claws and I’m just- big in general, but you’re a pretty lady who anyone and probably everyone would want to kidnap! I was so, so worried, Mei.” Pretty lady, he’d said that outloud! What would Mei think?

Whatever, it was in the past. Boa blinked a few loving blinks at Mei, before rolling his eyes playfully and stepping forwards a few paces, so their noses could touch. Love love love, his brain hummed.

Yes, he thought. I think I’m in love.

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3
08-07-2022, 02:27 PM

boa tenderly licked her cheek in turn, commenting that forever isn't long enough, & mei felt her face flush. a part of her protested to him uncoiling from around her, but her heart did flips when boa went on to say how much he'd worried about her, that he thought her 'pretty' & desirable enough to be kidnapped by just about anyone.

he made her feel like the most important woman ever, & she just didn't understand it. any time the thought 'he loves you' popped into her mind, she shooed it away. surely not... he was-- as he just said-- a big, strong behemoth. & she was a frail, rawboned little thing. especially in the absence of her sisters, mei felt scarcely more than nothing, a mere grain of sand amongst millions. lost & powerless... what did he see in her? she held her tongue from voicing her self-depreciation, knowing how much he loathed it. but the thoughts came, nonetheless.

“i...” she was speechless, grasping at the words in her mind to no avail. & when boa pressed his nose to hers, he stole her breath away. she closed her eyes to gather herself.

instead of verbally degrading herself, she instead decided to ask him outright, “boa, what do you see in me that i don't see?”

the staff team luvs u
普通话 | common
hover for translations
08-07-2022, 02:38 PM

His breath hitched in his throat; 'boa, what do you see in me that i don't see?' He had an immediate answer, everything, but he wanted to be more specific.
 “Mei, I..” Why wouldn't the words come out? “You're beautiful, and sweet, and courageous...”

“And... your someone that I love, Mei.” The beast chuckled, aiming a lick at the woman. Kuhn's advice hadn't seemed great at first, but now... “I really love you.”
 He told her, she knew, now. There was no going back from this moment.

What would Mei say? What if she rejected him? The feline let out a nervous purr, rumbling deep in his stomach. Anxious, anxious, anxious, half of his head rang. But the other? Love, love, love.
 He was so horribly in love. And with a wolf, of all species!

short post for a Mei reaction lmao

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3
08-07-2022, 11:06 PM

“you're beautiful, and sweet, and courageous...” she felt tears building behind her eyes. “and... you're someone that i love, mei.” time slowed to a stop as she grappled with this information.

“wh... what?” she breathed with eyes gone wide. boa gave her another affectionate lick & reaffirmed his feelings. there was no denying it. a once-dormant part of her heart already knew she loved him too, but she'd been too afraid to confront these feelings.

well, she didn't have to anymore. pressing her forehead to his, she closed her eyes & murmured, “i... i love you too, boa.” a smile crept onto her face, & a tear fell from her lids. “i was too scared to realize it before, but i do. i miss you so bad when you're gone, & i'm so happy when you're here. i feel safe with you, & no one been so nice to me before...” mei wished she could weave words more extravagantly in this tongue to more accurately describe how amazing he made her feel. but then again, even that wouldn't have done it justice.

most people, especially mainlanders, were unpleasant, untrustworthy beings. mei loathed the smell of grass & pine & the feeling of grass underfoot instead of sand. but for once, going inland was worth it, because she got to meet boa. & now here she was, nuzzling a tiger capable of tearing her in two. but he was too sweet to ever do so-- to her, at least. & that gave her the sense of security she'd been so starved for.

the staff team luvs u
普通话 | common
hover for translations
08-08-2022, 12:02 AM
accidentally pressed enter and the post.. posted.. with only like 2 words lmao. anway, Oh. My. God.

She said it. She said it, she said it, she said it! Boa almost leaped with joy. I was too scared to realise it before, but i do.
 Mei really meant it. Boa attempted to coil around her once more as she went on about why she loved him, and the feline lowered his muzzle to the woman's ear, breathing quietly;

“I don't think I can see my life without you in it,” Would she say yes to what he was going to say next? Probably.. Hopefully.. Boa felt another winge of anxiety poke at his stomach, but she'd said she loved him, which made him feel so, so.. just.. good inside. “Will you be mine?”

Whenever he thought about how they'd met, his memories flicked right back to that moment in the pasture, where the wolf from the sea and the beast from the mountain had somehow met one another, by coincidence and chance, but it was something he was so, so grateful for.
 One day, they'd have to return to the pasture, no? Relive the good times... Boa chuckled, burying his snout into Mei's fur and aiming a lick at her neck.

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3
08-15-2022, 09:14 PM
<3

"i don't think i can see my life without you in it." it sounded like he had more to say, so she let him continue, absentmindedly moving to press her delicate, vulnerable neck into his snout, feeling famished for his touch & affections.

"will you be mine?"

her response came swiftly. “yes, a hundred times over. & you will be mine,” mei smiled sleepily back into his ear. he didn't even need to ask. who else did she have? only him. & if he was all she would ever have in this world... she felt that'd be alright.

she fell back into the sand, attempting to wrap her paws 'round him & take him with her so that his face would remain buried in her fur-- though of course, he'd have to humor her & lean down himself. because he was the beast, & she was but his beauty.

the staff team luvs u
普通话 | common
hover for translations
08-15-2022, 09:49 PM
Uh i have a hospital appointment soon so apologies if this was rushed <3

"Yes, a hundred times over. & you will be mine," The beast let out a relived sigh, as if he weren't sure she'd say it. But.. They were together now. Like, boyfriend and girlfriend– even the thought made his heart flutter. It seemed @Kuhn had some good advice after all.

And then, Mei dragged him down to the sand. Well, not really dragged, if he hadn't dropped with her she would of just had her paws wrapped around him. But either way, the beast dropped down with her, nudging his head into her neck and grooming her fur. Purrs filled the comfortable silence around the two lovers; There was no need to speak, not yet.

Until... there was.

“I love you, probably too much,” Three words he wasn't sure he could ever stop saying. I love you. His new favourite word, it seemed. There was a primal want flickering in the back of his head, though. No, no, no. The beast wanted to be comfortable with Mei. He didn't want... that.

But, then again.. Boa couldn't help but aim a playful nip at her neck, covering the action with a chuckle and another kiss, if she allowed.

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3
08-18-2022, 06:53 PM
i hope it went well! ♥

she would be purring along with him, if only she were able. instead, her wispy tail took to swaying, its strands caressing the sand underneath.

"i love you, probably too much," boa uttered, not breaking the comfortable silence that grew between them but rather gently parting it.

“is that possible?” she asked. “it feels just right to me.” & just as the words left her, he was placing a gentle nip to her neck, soothed with another kiss from his tongue. fully in the contagious throes of love, mei reciprocated by grooming the fur of his temple, if he allowed it.

the staff team luvs u
普通话 | common
hover for translations
08-18-2022, 09:57 PM
getting spine surgery in october! <3

”Is that possible? It feels just right to me,” And then, Mei aimed a kiss at his temple. Boa was so horribly infatuated with the canine, her enchanting voice and her touch.. it was too much for a beast like him.

But.. he wanted to move somewhere a little more… dense? He knew that Mei had a love for the sea, but Boa worried that if they were found… who knew what’d happen. “Should me move?”

“I’m worried that.. if we were found..” Boa shook his head, screwing his eyes shut. The man didn’t even want to think about it… While part of him wanted to warn Mei, about how a fellow tiger, Kuhn, had his own lupine companion, though he’d been littered with scars.

Perhaps Boa was just thinking the worst… But the two felines could so easily have the same fate… He could only hope that wouldn’t be the truth for them.

I was thinking a new thread in ichorwood (or maybe ripperwood?) if Mei says yes? Up to u tho!

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3
08-18-2022, 11:24 PM
ooh, good luck!! & she'll prooobably say yes -very- hesitantly, with some coaxing. but she won't like it!

boa asked if they should move, & she pulled back to gauge his expression.

"i'm worried that... if we were found..." she furrowed her brow.

“found by who? something happened?” there was clearly more he wanted to say, & how he squeezed his eyes shut indicated he'd learned of something concerning. how could they have any reason for concern? they'd both only just arrived here in these lands. & at least on her end, mei's reclusive nature ensured she'd made no enemies. plus, most wolves stuck inland, not having a clue about what to do with the ocean front.

the staff team luvs u
普通话 | common
hover for translations
08-19-2022, 12:10 AM

“I met another tiger, while I was away,” he began, flicking his tail towards the mountain. “Littered with scars, he was, and he had a wolf girlfriend – i think girlfriend? maybe just a friend – too!” Boa's tone elevated, as if it were the most joy-filled thing in the world. “But.. I'm worried that people would've tried to hurt him, and that's why he was covered in scars.”

Tone growing serious, Boa let his gaze train into Mei's own. “We're different species, Mei. Not everyone will be.. accepting of that.” Aiming a kiss at the woman's forehead, the beast sighed. He felt so much around Mei; if he lost her... well, he'd be empty. “I can't risk losing you. Not after everything.”

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3
08-20-2022, 10:48 PM

she smiled upon his joyful retelling of his encounter with a tiger similar to himself. it morphed into a frown, however, when he said the other man's body was littered with scars. was that due to this 'taboo'? did wolves really care? she'd never even heard of romantic interspecies relations in her past life, but some wolves did form friendships with other species... surely it happened on rare occasions.

boa was ever-generous with his affections, & she greedily accepted each & every one. "i can't risk losing you, not after everything." mei's heart melted, which her seaglass eyes mirrored.

“i understand. but that was far away, yes? i not come across many other wolves on the coast.” that had a large role to play in how safe she felt here. there were few places to hide, but there were also few who strayed from the mainland— canine or feline.

the staff team luvs u
普通话 | common
hover for translations
08-20-2022, 10:57 PM

Boa knew Mei didn't want to leave the coast, and he couldn't blame her; It was beautiful, after all, but Boa also believed that safety was important. On the other hand, though, both parties in a relationship should be able to have what they think is best, right?

“What if..” He began slowly. “We just... moved up north? There's a forest that I saw, it connects to the shore, so when you want to be near the beach you can, but it also provides more density and more places to hide, instead of... being out in the open.” The feline aimed another kiss at her temple. “I'm worried, because I scented a pack that's too close to us for comfortability.”

And, she made a good point. "I not come across many other wolves on the coast,” And, while he knew that was true – and her accent made his heart flutter – he still couldn't help but be a little weary, and probably a little too protective. 

“I understand,” Boa nodded. “I just... can't help but worry.”

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3
Counsellor
08-20-2022, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2022, 11:14 PM by Mei. Edited 1 time in total.)

boa offered a compromise. well, as long as she had access to the beach, she supposed that would be fine with her. boa's comfort mattered to her, too.

“宝贝,” mei cooed. “you going to worry yourself sick.” & she didn't want that. ducking down, she'd nuzzle her crown beneath his chin, should he allow it. “but to help you feel better, i don't mind moving.”

the staff team luvs u
普通话 | common
hover for translations
08-20-2022, 11:34 PM

Mei said something in an unknown tongue, yet it felt like.. a pet-name? Comforting him? Mei wasn't the only one who could speak another language, though.
 “Возлюбленный,” “you going to worry yourself sick,” Boa chuckled; “I know...”

“but to help you feel better, i don't mind moving.” Mei nuzzled her head under his chin, and Boa aimed a swipe of his tongue to the tip of her neck. “Let me at least show you, first, and you can decide whether or not you want to stay. Is that alright?”

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3
08-21-2022, 12:09 AM

boa called her what she presumed to be a pet name in his own strange tongue, accompanied with yet another kiss. it was so unique, she wanted to hear him speak it more often. if she asked, he'd surely be more than happy to teach her... perhaps it was something else they could exchange. his tongue for hers-- in more than one way.

to his inquiry, she slipped out from under his chin to gaze into his intense eyes that reminded her of rìzhào's ethereal glow. “yes... tomorrow. today, we should relax.” mei once again rolled onto her back, peering lazily up at him from beneath her long lashes. it was a nigh-undeniable invitation, no?

the staff team luvs u
普通话 | common
hover for translations
08-21-2022, 12:13 AM

“yes... tomorrow. today, we should relax.” Boa smiled as the woman rolled on to her back, attempting to boop her nose with his. “Of course, моя любовь He purred. 

The two would have much to talk about, and tomorrow, they could set off.
 Hopefully Mei agreed, though if not, they could always find another beach, preferably far away from everyone that could ever hurt them.

Fade here and start new thread?

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3
scroll to top