Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
choosing to pursue singing as a career is inherently masochistic

Afternoon
P
Elkshire
07-28-2022, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2022, 08:37 PM by Rohesia. Edited 4 times in total.)
editing to reflect their relationship described in cel’s pawprints a bit more!

pushing through the fallow of the forest, rohesia had been spent by a day of doing nothing. she was getting bored of having the range to do anything at any moment, and worried with the incongruities of what she thought she knew about the future of her family and what was transpiring the walls were closing in.
  today, she sought out elkshire's queen, @Célnes in part for the shoulder of her mother.

rohesia always distinctly felt like as much as she pined for her mother’s attention through troublemaking and the sort, the queen had already figured rohesia out the moment she was born. still, she couldn’t fight the ache to look up to her, but could she distinguish it as love? even then, those small moments where célnes acknowledged her among her mass amount of siblings held such power over her.

the staff team luvs u
08-12-2022, 06:30 PM
mental reminder this is placed after maggot water

Celnes held a distant relationship to her two daughters — although Melrose was mostly due to her independence and nature away from the rest.. Perhaps shackled to new found freedom, as she had spent much of her childhood induced by herbs and remedies. Overprotective, but now she flies free, and is around, yet not. She holds the title of a Princess but more of a free bird, and the Queen wondered when she too, will disappear from these forests?

Then there was.. Her.

Rohesia, the twin-set of a cousin from Calhoun in the sense they were both a haunting presence from Celnes's time in another land. Killed by her and her brother as both were, and destined to reincarnate as her own kids. How ironic, it was, for the same appearance to be bestowed on that it felt destined, and only right, to shackle them with the same name before. Toyed as so, and a regret of doing that, for their personalities were becoming uncanny and it stirred.. Displeasure.

Now she was coming out more, perhaps in a jealousy of her wayfaring siblings. Even now, she approached from a distance and for a second there was a flash of a past. The fangs of her cousin and the challenge she brought to the crown that she held ; before Celnes, and her brother, brought her done with poised antlers. Stabbing, and left for dead.

She breathed, mildly tense, "Hello Rohesia, what brings you out?" Celnes said, smiling and greeting her daughter. Was she seeking the Queen? Perhaps she had something about the mystery that was happening in the land.

the staff team luvs u
08-22-2022, 03:47 PM

rohesia was born wanting; hungry.
 an irrevocable condition to be wanted.
 she was not unawares, her daughter's fidelity was unnerving to her, from the tension that straddled her magisterial lilt, like stressed frays of an occupied noose. they were both great pretenders.
 so she resigned. to keep her breadth, not to suffocate her as she did when rohesia's former geniality begged something from célnes.
 even still, it appeared she had failed. so, what was there left to do? denounce your adversaries. "i think it was selfish, for warwick and them to leave," clearing her throat of the phelgm that caught her words like a web.

nts: 30% severity

the staff team luvs u
08-23-2022, 06:53 PM
They have not spoken too much since young, but Celnes was surprised by her blunt nature that reminded quite well, of that incarnation of Rohesia. She tilted her head lightly, a hum to her voice as she addressed further "why so?" something about it disturbed the rose-touched one, and Celnes could only think it was perhaps a mixture. Maybe she too wanted to venture out and explore, but hadn't asked or even thought.. Not unlike the three young, who were out and about.

She wondered how they were fairing.

the staff team luvs u
08-28-2022, 12:59 AM

"i mean, the water and ... the sickness ... it could be a warning from the high elk?"
 a truth that she would never spill to her family or any living soul if she could help it, her waning faith in their god. it was hard not to believe in him, but why should he take credit for the hunts she successfully made?
  it was slightly ridiculous, but she was born into a family of tub-thumpers, so it was what she needed to believe.
 she barely made the time to pray.
 "i don't see how selfishly indulging in their need for adventure serves elkshire ... it wouldn't be appropriate if i did it," she whispered, her own bitter face showing beneath what she masqueraded as everyday, insinuating the queen's favoritism whether she could help it or not.

the staff team luvs u
Visionary
08-29-2022, 02:55 AM
Celnes was never one able to read the High Elk's signs like other Deorwine's, she always saw it but a serious of coincidences that led to what was superstitions. Her prayers were often led unanswered, and only retribution for her actions were even seen, such as the drawing of her litter ; and the casting of the two that cursed her so. Everything else seemed nothing but away from the High Elk, and in truth she did not even think twice of the waters being tainted to be a sign. She, and Elkshire as a whole, had enemies out there, who would more then welcome to see her dead.

"Perhaps.. But I do not think it is to be related to your siblings. A mission of not only exploration, but to spread the word of Elkshire as a whole. I would hope that with their journey, along the way to those they meet, are sent back to us." a bitter twist upon her daughters fast, perhaps a jealousy of so who did not venture toward. The Rohesia that she knew, would be someone who would put signs on others, whether to be true or not..

"Do you desire, to also go on a journey?" Settling beside her daughter, she inquired lightly in attempts to dissect her thoughts.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
09-03-2022, 05:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2022, 05:51 PM by Rohesia.)

the eiderduck tried not to render a hardy sneer, as if someone like edith would be so altruistic.
 whenever célnes saw through her, she could feel her face fall. it was like she had nothing to hide ( even if she did despite making everything obvious, thanks young adult woes ) and her mother knew her in a way that she didn't register.
 "i would like to think i'm more needed here as a hunter and fighter ... i've only ever really cared about what happens in and to elkshire, i mean i just don't think all three needed to go, at least to go so far! especially ..."
 began to ramble, hoping her errant, borrowed words would weave like yarn in a warp into something tangible for thought.

the staff team luvs u
09-28-2022, 06:19 PM
"You are right, that three is a lot. But what they request is curiosity of any. I too had my time when I was young to explore, and I would allow you to do the same if you so want. To see what else is out there can be an experience like no other." She would not stiffle them, knowing full well even if she so commanded, there was a chance they simply could leave on their own will. She had to play her cards right to keep her young at bay.

"You're value as a Princess and a member is especially keen, with our forces thinned lightly," in affection Celnes would lean and lick her forehead, a minor gratitude without vocally saying 'thank you for staying.'

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top