Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
And ignore your whispers,

Evening Partly Cloudy
AW
Ecologist
07-26-2022, 01:03 AM
She was surprised to see such vibrancy within the north ; the beauty of the moors that stretched for miles leading in and out of the tundra and the mountains itself. As her paws found itself travelling into, she felt like a sore-thumb, a rarity for the pale wolf who normally hung within snow. Aries bent down and sniffed the flowers, alpine in beauty, but had trouble telling what it was.. It was hard to see such wildflowers in such ways! So many at the bat.

It was hard to distinguish what they could be — although many looked quite similar to Purple Saxifrage, she saw a variety of different ones as well. How many species were were? Golden eyes looked around with an awe, as she felt enriched by the area.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
Ecologist
07-31-2022, 07:28 PM
Galatea had traveled north quite a few times, but she never imagined there would be a place like the one she was currently in. Looking out towards the rolling hills, she was enamored by their beauty. The grass was blanketed in clusters of alpine flowers, like purple paint splattered onto a canvas.

She gazed down at the flowers, taking in their scent and studying the petals. A few clusters appeared to be flowers that she'd heard of in the past. They were all a particularly beautiful shade of purple that brought to mind the ones she saw growing in the valley she woke up in.

Gala then noticed another floral scent, though it wasn't coming from the flowers themselves. It was more cool, like a winter morning. She caught sight of a she-wolf whose pelt seemed to embody the tundra itself; and yet, she had a soft and elegant air to her. The doll tried to suppress her anxiety as she decided to speak up.

"Hello. The flowers are quite pretty, aren't they?" 

the staff team luvs u
[Image: GALA.png?width=1025&height=218]
Ecologist
08-01-2022, 04:21 AM
Admiring such flowers, it wouldn't be a surprise they attract butterflies to the mixture. A wolf approached, dressed in fine golds that was the frosted morning of the tundra that bounced off her white ; she was beautiful, Aries would admit fullheartedly with a stare of light awe. A sunshine of a view, and a realization how so many colors of different pelts she never seen before coming in full-fruit, for this wasn't the first golden wolf she had seen, but held such a softness that cradled one's inner desire of protection. Surely by so, if Aries of the opposite gender, she would not hesitate to court.

Alas, shackled to the body of a woman and heart elsewhere, Aries could only admire the beauty of the other and smile gently, softly, and warmly, nodding with an agreement, "the alpine flowers are beautiful," she said, "it seems quite unusual how violet they all look, a mystery, wouldn't you say?" to push aside all that it was, the painting before her was beauty itself.

The dressing of these flowers that brought a curiosity of the mind, and a knowing that it attracted the most elegant of canines. But in the end, one couldn't help but wonder.. A place so close to the tundra that grew these flowers, how and why?

She bent down, her nose touching one and they felt cold, from the northern wind. Aries thought them living, was magical itself.

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
08-09-2022, 03:51 PM
Galatea nodded, giving a soft smile as the lady's golden eyes gazed back at her. "I agree. But it makes them all the more alluring, doesn't it?"

She bent down to sniff at a flower, being careful not to get pollen up her nose like she had done once before. The scent of it, like an earthy, cool perfume, brought a wave of calm over her. "It's a wonder that flowers like these are growing in the tundra of all places." she mused. "If I remember correctly, some of these are rhododendron..." 

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
08-11-2022, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2022, 08:10 PM by Ari. Edited 1 time in total.)
"Quite so. Perhaps we are kindred in spirit?" Aries could not help but say at the feeling of similarity that was brought to this beauty of a land. Mysterious and welcomed to the eye, a truth that it was alluring and only wish she had the paws of Gods to pick up and bring with. For a plucking of some was only a temporary relief, a moment before the petals would crumble.. Dreams of an eternal flower remains just a fantasy.

"Do you think? I had thought some looked of purple saxifrage, but I couldn't be sure, I feel yours is far more accurate." As she bent down and looked closer, the memory of the two flowers slowly drifting and internally and externally praising Gala with a bright smile. What knowledge is lacked on one is made up by another.

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
08-11-2022, 08:55 PM
Gala tilted her head. "You think so? I guess I can see that." In the past, the doll had simply appreciated the beauty of the world and the things within it. Being in a field full of such captivating flowers had felt like a dream to her at first. It reminded her of the pictures she saw in the books she read, back when she was once human.

She chuckled bashfully at Aries's confirmation. Remembering so much about plants had its merits, after all.

One of her ears flicked. "Purple saxifrage?" She squinted at the flowers, trying to think hard and recall exactly how they looked. "My knowledge is a bit rusty. But, now that you mention it, some of them do seem very similar..."

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
08-14-2022, 11:37 PM
Smiling peacefully at the other ; a fellow admirer of all beauties but she was of simple mortal realms. Perhaps if seen what Gala had seen or even been, she'd be more memorized for what was beyond the mortal realms of a wolf. Yet to be star-struck by more human-entities, beings that Aries never knew. There was the castle though, that she couldn't have the faintest idea of what may be. Artistic souls, kindred within spirit.

"It's quite strange as you said, how all these flowers grow so close, and how so many varieties merge together. I had heard once that in situations like these hybrids emerge, and a new flower comes in existence." Two eyes observed two separate species within the alpine territory, and a wonder whether if there was more beyond their two gazes they cannot see. Flowers were always a love within the snow-white world, and summer always granted them to bloom all the more. Although she couldn't stand the heat, lightly, Aries yearned to see the mountains and all the more flora it grows.

Wouldn't it be nice, for her to discover one that no one has?

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
08-23-2022, 07:17 PM
Gala's eyes almost seemed to sparkle as her tail wagged. "I've heard about things like that before! It's so fascinating." She walked over to stand a bit closer to Aries, all while being mindful of the flowers.

"That reminds me." she began. "Back where I used to live, some gardeners figured out how to grow roses in many dazzling colors. Usually, they were white or red; but they could grow ones that were yellow, blue, or even multiple colors at once." She sighed wistfully as she gazed up at the clouds. "I wonder if there's a place out here that has roses."

It was wonderful to come across places with such a brilliant variety of flora, but roses were the one thing she was unable to find. To Galatea, there were very few feelings that could compare to the sweet, gentle scent of roses in full bloom. It reminded her of a happier time, where she didn't worry much about the future. Being able to experience that again would be a dream come true.

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
08-23-2022, 10:13 PM
Her ears flickered lightly, gaze retreating from the flowers and looking at the golden doll, "that sounds absolutely beautiful." To imagine a flower in colors that weren't originally it's own, seem like a dream. Thinking of these alpine flowers to be a dazzle of something else, would be an eye of desire. However.. In truth, Aries has never seen a proper rose in it's beauty. Through trade of different kingdoms and packs, crumpled and dried, but within the wild has never seen.

"In the tundra, we have 'Tundra Roses', but in truth look nothing like roses of warmer regions. I have never seen one in close-up." Something was enchanting to see one in a beauty of blue or yellow in that description of a rose. She wondered what made them like that in such a different land.. And whether in this primordial land, if something similar could happen. As many seemed to just 'appear,' Aries didn't doubt of some magic within the earth itself.

the staff team luvs u
08-26-2022, 03:33 AM
Gala was intruiged. "Tundra roses? Those sound very pretty as well." To think that there was other pretty flowers out there that she'd never heard of was so fascinating. 

"You've never seen them up close, huh?" The doll averted her gaze, suddenly feeling a bit nervous about what she was going to offer. Aries was someone she had just met, after all. She looked back at the lady sheepishly. "M-maybe if I ever find any, I can show them to you?" Gods, she probably sounded like a weirdo right now. 

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
08-26-2022, 07:39 PM
"It's surprising sometimes to see flowers grow in the tundra, but isn't impossible." Wasn't the field before them of that proof? Although it overall still brought questions for the warmth she felt was unusual for the colder climate, and for such a moor to contain so many.. Truly a mythical place before the lands she new, primordial in ways that every time she left the sanctuary that was the vale, something surprised her. To the woman of gold, to the field of purple — the land was all too beautiful.

Aries shook head, a saddened smile to that.. Only dreaming and seeing but dried out remains, but nothing could compare to what was real. She bent down and scented the flowers, the pleasantry drifting to her nose as she indulged in it's scents, wondering if they are more flowers the two cannot name themselves. Then she raised her gaze, looking at Gala and proposed something, "perhaps we can meet here..? Every so often, and bring a flower for us to look at."

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
08-30-2022, 06:25 PM
Galatea looked outwards at the moors once more, splashes of green and purple occupying her vision. Aries was right. Even the strangest things weren't necessarily impossible. The very thought intrigued her, and she found herself contemplating what other sorts of natural wonders existed in this place. It would be great if she could see it all.

Hearing the lady's response, her ears folded back in slight disappointment. Ah well, it didn't hurt to at least try, she thought. But when she proposed that the both of them meet again, she began to feel giddy. Her fluffy, golden tail swayed back and forth. "Yes! That sounds like a wonderful idea!" It was definitely a win for Gala.

the staff team luvs u
09-08-2022, 12:57 AM
"Then I shall see you in an eventual soon time." She smiled, as the now the time was nigh' and she should return. Bound by duties so, but not something she is against and gleefully would return home to help but a becoming mother. To be blessed by life was such a great wonder, and she too wondered if a day would come if Aries would have her own young, or even Gala.. A day of fate, perhaps.

"Farewell, Gala," Aries would say before her retreating home.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top