Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Read Only
There are times to stand still and times to keep moving.

Partly Cloudy
Read Only
Adventurer
07-17-2022, 01:21 PM
It'd taken her months, but at last Ciri made her decision. At last, she was brave enough to admit she was ready.

Leaving Empyrean's mountain and her vast family who made their home upon it was going to be heartbreaking. For too long had she used it as a base, roaming the regions far and wide before returning to rest for a few days. Ciri could always rely on her mom to welcome her with open arms, but it didn't feel right to her. It was like taking advantage of her aunts, her uncle, her cousins, everyone - she was barely there to contribute or make an impact.

So she returned after yet another lengthy scouting trip, and her paws brought her straight to Nyx base. “Mom?” Ciri saw her resting in the waning evening sunlight, and the lioness rose her bronzed crown to smile upon her daughter's return; she appeared to have aged considerably in recent months. Nyx straightened, hoisting herself up into a seated position, and the young Ostrega moved in to tuck her dark head beneath her chin. Together they sat in silence, drinking in one another's presence.

“Mom, I...” Ciri started, then hesitated, and she felt a sweep of her mother'stongue across her brow - like Nyx knew what was coming. The blackbird withdrew just enough to raise her muzzle, to seek the yellow of her dam's eyes that matched her own, “I want there to be more to my life than... this.”

She wanted adventure. She wanted to meet new faces and face new challenges. There was something monotone about pack life with Empyrean, and she didn't see settling to start a family anywhere in her near future. Nyx' expression was gentle, but Ciri saw the sadness staring back at her.

Her last night there was a quiet one, spent close to her mom. And when the sun rise the following day, Nyx and Ciri watched it together. "You are grown now," Nyx reminded her daughter, pride in the curve of her smile, "but you will always be my lion cub. If this is what your heart desires, I hope you always keep moving."

It was bittersweet, but they'd manage - the desire to roam was common among Ostrega wolves. Ciri embraced her dam one last time, and turned to leave the Nameless Mountain.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top