Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Red sun Rising

Sunrise Drizzle/Rain
AW
Hunter
Discovery
Adventurer
07-12-2022, 07:04 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2022, 07:05 AM by Boa.)

He was straying further and further from Mei, and his heart ached with every step he took. The beast would definitely have to turn around soon, and return to the first woman he had ever met in this land known as "Canis". Letting his mind stray from the beautiful black-and-cream woman for a couple short moments, Boa turned his thoughts to the area around him.

Tall, pale trees that oozed with a blood-red sap, similarly to that of an animal underneath his own claws. Mother, he thought despairingly, though the feelings of longing and regret quickly dissipated at the thought of his sister. He missed her, just as he missed Mei, but now was not the time for that.
 The scent of prey rode the wind, and Boa quickly dropped into an instinctive crouch, saliva pooling in his mouth at the thought of sinking his fangs into some fucking food.

Tip-toeing closer to where the smell originated, the rustling of a low-growing bush put him on alert. Giving only one simple, triumphant purr before he sprung, the man bunched up his hind and front legs, ready to pounce. And, within a few seconds, the rodent dashed from the bush, trying to flee from the predator that was only a few ways behind.

God, this little pika was fast, but a tiger trained in hunting would be stronger, with powerful limbs built for sprinting and killing their prey. With ease, Boa made his way forwards, slowing only to prepare to leap, before...

He pounced, wincing as his claws sunk into the little animals body. With an apologetic glance, the pika finally stopped squealing and chittering. Picking it up in his mouth, the man gazed around for somewhere to rest that wasn't probably sticky from all the menacing red goo that lined the trees and their roots.
 But, with a bit of searching, Boa found himself a nice boulder to rest upon, dropping his prey and beginning to eat.

The beast was lucky to have got a good one; The pika was fat and juicy, and the taste of the meat filled his mouth. Satisfaction building up in his fur, he lowered his paws to the ground, flexing them with a slight yawn.

Perhaps he could nap here for a bit, before he returned to Mei. Just... for a little bit..

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3
Hunter
07-18-2022, 01:23 AM

Sleepless nights passed in an endless haze. They blended into each other until the stars yawned and the sun started to cover them in a blanket of warmth, and lullabies them to sleep. If only it were that easy for Alexei. If only the sun had the same sweet melody for his ears as it did for the stars. The morning had come faster than he realized. Maybe the haze of the clouds had something to do with that. Rain softly fell on the world below. Though he didn't mind it. It wasn't heavy and there was no sign of an oncoming storm. Just a light rain. 

He'd been walking for some time now. He tried not to stray too far from the Pass, but sometimes his curiosity got the better of him. The fisherman had been walking to find a new spot to hunt in. After all, he didn't want to hunt just in the Run. No matter how much he enjoyed the luscious place, it was supporting two packs now, and he knew eventually he'd have to say goodbye for good. He stole away small visits there when he could, but otherwise, he tried to move outward for food. 

There was a sudden jolt in him when he first walked into Ripperwood. A look of shock over his face when he noticed the red substance that oozed from some of the trees. It took him a moment to work up the courage, swallow the panic in his throat, and walk up to one to make sure it wasn't blood. Once that mystery had been solved, he continued along with a feeling of unease that seeped through his bones just as the red oozed from the trees. 

There was a small wash of a river on the Southern end of Ripperwood. One that made his interest peak as he trotted over and found a suitable spot to fish. The athletic, curvy hipped man worked his way, ankle deep, into the water and waited underneath the shade of the tree. It took some time, but one finally came into his sight. He didn't move, waiting for the right moment. Something in the distance skittered, but he couldn't lose his focus now. As he plunged his head under the water, he missed something moving out of the peripheral of his vision.

Alexei pulled his head from the water with a fish whacking the sides of his face. As he moved towards the riverbank, he saw immediately what would have probably given almost all of his pack mates a heart attack. A tiger sitting atop one of a boulder. Now, Alexei had never seen a tiger in the flesh, but he had heard of them. Specifically, from Reiko. Was this the tiger that had wrecked havoc on Shiroshika? His mouth gaped, allowing the fish to 'plop' back into the water, leaving him stunned and lost in his thoughts of what could happen, what had happened in the past, and how his mother would scold him for staring if she saw him right now. 

ooc: i'm sorry this is so long ahhh ~ <3
@Boa

the staff team luvs u
[Image: JaAEj4v.png]
07-18-2022, 02:40 AM
No worries :)

As the man laid his jaw upon strong, pale-flame paws, the man nosed the fur along his arms, ruffling them up as a few small drops of rain landed upon his fine hairs.
 Hopefully, if he rustled his fur, it'd make him feel any warmer.

But, a small splash of water caught his attention, and as he turned his broad head, the beasts gaze landed on a stranger wolf gawking at him while a fish bolted away. Seemed he was.. quite distracted.

"Hello?" He echoed, furrowing his brows as a charismatic grin spread across his features. "Are you alright?" 

A familiar flicker of anxiety seemed to be present in the strangers eyes, and Boa felt his stomach turn. That's how they looked at him. He was certain of it, though the man quickly brushed that thought aside with a flick of his tail.
 Instead, he'd try to talk up the wolf.

"Can I help you with anything, hm?" A curious hum escaped his maw, quickly morphing into a purr. 
 His mother's purr had always calmed him, so perhaps Boa's purr would relax this young man. Perhaps.

I feel like this is rlly short lmao, srry!!

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3
07-18-2022, 04:15 PM

Rain pattered on the slow flowing riverbank. There was a darkness that surrounded them, no matter how hard the sun tried to fight beyond the clouds. Breaches of it made the clouds seem not so dark when one gazed up at the sky. 'Hello?' The beast's voice came knocking on Lexi's ears, but there he was, a deer in headlights. 'Are you alright?' Well, he hadn't charged him yet, had he? Even with Shiroshika's scent on him, the tiger seemed unfazed. Then again, this could all be a clever ploy. But right now, did he have much of a choice? 

The tiger tried again with questioning Alexei and this time, recognition flickered through his eyes, lighting back to the world around him. Like, the static behind his eyes turned to a channel that could finally be watched. A calm sound pressed from the tiger's chest and through the small area they both were. A sort of growl? No, that wasn't the right word. It was more soothing, like when his mother would bath him and a soft sound would emit from her, calming him. "I'm sorry, I... I've never seen... a tiger before." He forced a small smile, something he'd become quite good at over the years. "I know it's not kind to stare, I just..." 
Alexei cleared his throat, taking a breath and trying again, "I'm Alexei... and you are?" Maybe he could relax completely if he knew this fellow's name. As long as it wasn't Kuhn, he would be okay. 

ooc: don't apologize <3 i flux on reply length too! @Boa
the staff team luvs u
07-18-2022, 09:40 PM

I’ve never seen a tiger before, the stranger had said. At least he knew what one was, so he didn’t have to explain. 
 I know it’s not kind to stare.. I just, Boa shook his head humbly, gazing at the wolf.

”Do not worry about it, trust me, used to gawking from strangers,” With a small murmur, the beast added.. “Even if it is undeserved.”

Then, the stranger in question, introduced himself. The beast was slightly confused by this action. If one was afraid, why would you introduce yourself?
 But.. perhaps he wasn’t afraid. That sounded nice..

”Good to meet you, Alexi. I am Boa.”

It almost seemed as if Alexi wanted a certain answer, though Boa wasn’t sure what. Making sure he wasn’t someone else.. maybe..?

lmao i had to type this up 20 mins before school so srry for the quality ;;

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3
Hunter
07-18-2022, 11:00 PM

Still, the other man seemed unperturbed by him. It was just Alexei who seemed to be the freaked out one. With no shift in the male's facial features or attempting to jump him. The fisherman stood still on the riverbank with the rain pattering down on his head, almost as if it was punishing him for being so rude. He wondered if that was a sign or something from the God he used to be so fond of. The male pushed the thought away, but it didn't stop his stomach from dropping when the other spoke. 

'Do not worry about it, trust me, used to gawking from strangers... Even if it is undeserved.' There he stood, looking away from the other and at the water that washed onto his paws, taking some of the dirt and grit away. His ears pushed to the side, downwards a little. It was rude of him to even think that there wouldn't be other animals here. He was still getting used to the fact he could understand them. At first he couldn't believe it but, he was sure Reiko wouldn't lie. "I am very sorry." He said again, no matter if the other had already deemed it fine.

The tiger then gave the information Alexei needed let out the breath he'd been holding. His violet gaze met the tiger's green eyes again as he took a step out of the river, fully now. "Boa." 
He hums the name like a hymnal. By the grace of some higher power, he'd been gifted this tiger instead of another. "It's very nice to meet you... Maybe I can make up for my rudeness by catching a few fish for you?" He asked, his head tilting to the side a little, curious if he'd get a chance to make up. "Or if you don't like fish... I can try for something else." It'd be easier to fish, for the sleek male. That had been his main diet for as long as he'd been alive. Particularly river fish. He found ocean fish to be salty for his liking — not that he could get close to the ocean anymore without having an internal panic attack. 

no worries :DD i totally get it! it was still wonderful regardless <3
@Boa

the staff team luvs u
07-19-2022, 05:23 AM

With a smile, Boa gave an accepting nod to Alexei. He wasn't one to usually accept others hunting for it, he believed that only the weakest took from others,
 but he was feeling hungry and it seemed that this – now easily to scent pack – wolf was beginning to grow more comfortable around him.

The beast smiled as Alexei let out a small sigh, though he hadn't a clue as to why the wolf had exhaled in such a pleased manner.
 All he could guess was that it was probably a good thing.

"If you really want to, go ahead," He nodded, "But do not feel pressured to hunt anything more than you usually would. I may be large, but I am not a glutton."

With a smile, he went back to grooming his paws, tail curled around the border as he cleaned such thunderous weapons. Boa felt his thin fur slowly become wet and sodden, and he shook our the furs uncomfortably. 

He hated the rain, but it'd have to do for now...
 unfortunately..

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3
Hunter
07-19-2022, 09:21 PM

'If you really want to, go ahead.' As soon as the words had been spoken, Alexei turned on his heel to return to the river. "It'd be my pleasure, truly." He said, his voice in a hum as the water washed upon the tips of his paws again. Silently, he thought to himself how many fish it'd take to feed the man. It would have been rude to ask, but with how large he was, he felt bad not being to catch enough for him. Even though the weather was perfect for fishing. The light rain without the sun out for the fish to come up and eat. And considering the weather was a little more humid south of the mountains, it created a great environment for bugs. 

The red man moved into the water to where his ankles were wet. He moved underneath the shade of a tree and waited. It was all a waiting game with fishing. That's what his father had taught him, anyway. Patience was something he had a lot of. From traveling almost a year on his own, he had to be patient with himself, which he found the hardest. Working through the emotions and loneliness that he'd felt in search for a home. 

He started to get lost in his head, which he did quite often, but as soon as his eyes relaxed, movement darted beneath the water. Alexei quickly got back into focus and dived his head underneath the water like a striking stork. His teeth mashed into a scaly body. The weight that the fish pulled back with made him realize it was not a smaller rudd like he usually caught. Pulling it up with the strength in his legs, he tossed it back onto the grassy ground and pounced after it. It was only then he realized it was a sort of trout. A brown trout. It was mediumish size, around seven inches, an adult. After holding it with a paw and delivering a fatal bite to the head, movement ceased. 

Alexei turned back towards the other and nudged the fish forward. It had been a while since he'd caught something this big. Usually, he'd catch a few tinier fish and haul them back to the cache. But he owed a favor. "Sorry. I have to be quiet not to scare the fish... How long have you lived around here?" 
He asked, his ears tilting forward. He was curious to know if he'd lived here his whole life — or had become a passenger here, thrown into it like the majority. 

@Boa
the staff team luvs u
07-19-2022, 09:53 PM

Gaze lagging behind the wolf as he trotted towards the water, Boa studied his features, curiously flicking over his poise and stature. 
 Alexei waited, and Boa waited, and Alexei waited, and Boa waited…

Until he struck, and the beast felt a small gasp erupt from his maw. It was an impressive feat, truly; He could never imagine hunting fish.
 But Alexei had managed to do it so.. Flawlessly. 

“That is amazing,” He commented smoothly, giving one small tilt of his head. “Did you learn on your own?” 

Shaking his head as the wolf apologised, Boa lifted his paws, ready to rise from the boulder to pad down towards Alexei.

”Do not apologise, I understand.” Boa chuckled, stalking from the boulder towards the fish. Now was where his true size came in…
 Muscles that rippled under his thinned fur, and his size — in both height and length — was clearly larger than the wolves, even if by just a bit.

”Thank you for this,” He said graciously, dipping his head towards the fish as he was about to eat. “May I?”

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3
Hunter
07-19-2022, 10:50 PM

The fisherman's paws stayed wet, a familiar feeling. In a past life, there wasn't a time they weren't waterlogged. He'd lived on the edge of a river, almost just like this one. It brought a calming rush over his body. The beast complimented his talent, and Alexei wore a small smile as he gazed over. "Oh, uh.. Thank you." No matter what situation he was in, he always found a way to come off awkward or unsteady, especially when it had anything to do with himself. Humble maybe, but it was an underlying anxiety that pushed him to never truly take an egoistical view of his own talents. 

'Did you learn on your own?' A locked and loaded question. Not on purpose, Alexei knew. But as soon as the words escaped Boa's mouth, it caused a chain of memories to unlock before the man's eyes. Early mornings of his father waking him and whichever siblings wanted to tag along, hours of waiting, conversations that could only unfold in the times between dusk and dawn, and an immense amount of love and admiration from his father. "No, no. My father taught me, actually. He and I... well, it was sort of our thing." 
He admitted. Most of his siblings didn't care for the early mornings or muggy evenings — only Moira, and even that was rare. 

Alexei didn't know the tiger's true size until he shifted from the boulder onto the ground. He was massive, but sleek. Muscles rippling under the stripped design of his pelt. For another creature, he was truly something to behold, beautiful in a deadly way. He couldn't imagine fighting against one, but finally figured where Reiko's scars had come from. The angler did not apologize again, knowing it'd only be tossed back with the understandable tone of Boa. "No need to thank me.. I owed it to you." 
He stated, trying to make no room for an excuse for his behavior. "Of course! Please." He hummed, taking a step back, so he'd have room to eat. "The easiest way to eat it is to slice the bottom of the fish open to get all the unwanted insides and all out. It's pretty easy to peel the skin away, just be careful or the scales might get you." He explained, quickly. For those who didn't eat fish, it might have been uncommon knowledge to them, so just in case, he provided it. 

the staff team luvs u
07-22-2022, 01:01 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2022, 01:01 AM by Boa.)
Apologies for the wait! my girlfriend broke up with me :')

With a squinted look, Boa watched as Aexei paused paused for a short moment, seemingly lost in thought before revealing that his father had taught him.
 He nodded, and flicked his tail only by an inch. The beast could relate; his father had taught him how to hunt, but not as a father.. as a king.

A small shiver crawled down his back, but the striped feline ignored it and perked his ears. Slice side-ways, peel the skin. He nodded in understanding, then fumbled with his claws awkwardly as he attempted to do as instructed.

It probably looked funny, how such an intimidating figure could stumble and wince when he did things wrong or didn't think he'd be able to do it properly, but nonetheless – with the fish looking mangled as ever – Boa partially succeeded, and he dug into the slimy meal hungrily.
 Free food was great, no matter the texture.

The man finished quickly, letting the fish slide down his throat. He had to admit, it was pretty gross, but he was always willing to try new things, no? He dipped his crown to Alexei.

"Thank you," He stated calmly. "You really did not have to, but I appreciate the action."
 Swinging his piercing gaze around the forest, Boa perked his ears for another snack; perhaps he could repay Alexei with land-prey.
 Lifting his nose to the air, the beast drank in the scents, waiting a few moments before something caught his attention. Mouse. 

Dropping into a crouch, the man gave only one flick of his tail to signal for silence, placing trained paws one after the other. This'd be quick, easy, and hopefully some good practice for when he moved further in-land. He'd be able to teach Mei more about land-hunting after this.

sucky quality lmao srry!!

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3
07-26-2022, 11:32 PM

The patter of the rain seemed out of mind, even as it started to soak his pelt, no matter how light it was. A feeling he didn't mind, but felt odd since he rarely ever was drenched in water now. The only time being when it rained. Baths and such were done in small pools of water or lazy rivers such as the one near to them. Alexei was getting better every day, testing out a step deeper in the water. Though nothing could take that slamming feeling of when the river got towards his knee. It felt as if he'd already been swept away, rushing into the ocean, where waves would inevitably drown him. They wouldn't be as kind as the first time. 

Watching Boa trying to gut the fish, with enormous paws and unsure of how to in the first place, made Alexei smile, just a tad. At that moment, they were just both creatures. With the same fur that covered their bodies and lungs that took in the same air. He felt somewhat awkward staring at him whilst he was eating, so his head turned to the river and watched as branches and such were dragged by the loafing water. When Boa finished, he gave a kind 'thank you' to Alexei, which in turn made the man glance back over at him. "It was really nothing." He said, trying to brush off the action so they could move on. He felt bad still, the aching feeling in his chest of judging someone before he knew them. Then again, if this was a different tiger, it could have been all over for the angler. 

Before he can say much else, Boa is off, tracking something. Alexei's eyebrows raised and head tilted to the side with curiosity. The male flicked his tail at him and that, too, threw him off. What was he doing? Lex didn't ask as he waited, slouching a little, feeling as if he should copy the other man's movements in case of emergency. 

oh i'm so sorry! don't apologize, life gets in the way sometimes!! it was a great reply <3
the staff team luvs u
Hunter
07-28-2022, 03:49 AM

The man let his nose guide him, paws following after and tail straight, balancing himself as he stalked low to the ground.
 There. He knew this'd be quick. Mouses were blind, stupid as long as you didn't make a sound, and that was something Boa had worked long and hard to achieve.

In one long, swift movement, he pounced;
 Claws piercing through the rodent as he let out a small victorious sigh once the mouse stopped squealing.

With a turn, he dropped the mouse at Alexei's paws, blinking slowly.
“You can have it if you like,” He offered. “For the fish.”

Boa sat back, awaiting his response. If Alexei refused, he'd shrug and scoop some earth over the mouse, before marking it with a pebble.
 He'd find it later.

But if Alexei accepted, he'd wait for the man to say thank you before shrugging, saying 'it's nothing' with a smile.

But, no matter the situation, he'd leap back upon his boulder, inviting Alexei to sit with him with but a flick of his head.
 Either way, he was tired, and wanted to get some rest.

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3
07-30-2022, 11:06 PM

The rain decorated Alexei's pelt in small droplets, beading along the cheekbones like sweat as he watched the tiger hunt its prey. It was almost scary how quiet he was for a beast his size, swift on his paws and prowling like a master stalker. If Alexei hadn't been watching, he wouldn't have believed how silent the man was. And in a swift movement, a squeal was released as if a white flag, before the smell of blood tainted the air. As quickly as he'd dropped to his paws, he'd pull himself back up and dropped an offering at the fisherman's pads. An exchange for the fish. Alexei had to admit that red meat, land caught meat, was fattier and didn't sit well in his stomach, but he took it regardless, he didn't want to seem rude. "Thank you." 
He said, pondering how many Boa would have to catch to eat his fill. He picked it up by his tail and followed a tail length behind the tiger, joining him up on the rocks. 

It was odd to be sitting next to a tiger. Alexei couldn't have thought of this himself. If anything, he thought he would be mauled before he sat beside one. Then again, he hadn't heard many great things about the stripped beasts. Though he knew that there was both good and bad. In every species. "So, uh, did you awake here like everyone else? Or were you just... here?" 
He inquires, knowing most woke up here after a traumatic event. It seemed the same for everyone, but Alexei wanted to see if it was different for other species. Maybe there was some sort of pattern... Or maybe actual natives he could find. Nonetheless, hearing the history of someone else was kind of like a story. In the meanwhile, Alexei poked at the mouse, trying to figure out the best way to eat it. Put it all in his mouth at once and slurp it down? Or attempt to debone the small thing? It seemed easier to do the first. 

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
07-30-2022, 11:29 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2022, 11:29 PM by Boa.)
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Thinking abt the time he killed his entire family lol

He was happy to see that Alexei had taken the prey, and as the wolf leaped upon the boulder with him, Boa let out a deep, rumbling purr of amusement.
 It was funny to think a pack wolf could be so... Not pathetic, but, pathetic in a nice and charming way. It tickled the beast.

“No problem,” He hummed.
 He was worried that he hadn't been thinking about Mei a lot. He wasn't forgetting her, right?
 Salty ocean scent, sand-hued fur, inky face... Seaglass eyes.

With a sigh, Boa shifted himself on the rock. Then, Alexei spoke;
'So, uh, did you awake here like everyone else? Or were you just... here?'

Ouch, the man though he might've just winced.
 That... was a question with an answer he had tried very hard to forget..

“Well,” Boa began, hoping to skip out the bits that involved the most blood-shed.
 He couldn't help but zone out..: 
The screaming,  crying, his claws, they  hurt her, mother,  king, father-
 With a few quick blinks, he sighed, flicking his tail.
“I was running, and then everything got.. blurry... and I just kept running here.” A moment to think. “It was like.. I was running, then after everything went not-blurry, I woke in Canis. It was similar to what you wolves do.”

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3
Counsellor
08-08-2022, 11:13 PM

As the question lingered in the air, Alexei still stared at the mouse between his paws, thinking about the best way to go about this. The rain's pattering had not ceased around them. It stayed consistent as it was before. The sun tried its best to fight its way through the light clouds. Like a sword cutting through its opponent, it was going to take a few tries to get it just right. All of them would wait for the finality that would soon come with the emergence of the sun. 

The fisherman hadn't noticed the beast wince beside him, if he indeed had. He started to begin, but then paused. It was then that Alexei gazed over, his eyes leaving the sight of the dead mouse in his paws and instead fixating on the tiger. There was a look, far off, that Alexei could feel. There had been a past with not so nice memories in it for the red man as well. "Yo-" 
Before he could stop him with 'you don't have to tell me if you don't want to.' The striped man continued on as if he could bear it, and uncovered a brief part of how he'd gotten here. "Oh.. interesting." Alexei answered, slowly nodding and looking back out to the river. "I just woke up here. I don't... remember whatever happened to me." But he recalled what had happened to others. Experiences that were a feeling close to death, or truly just that. It reminded him of his close call with the ocean. He shivered for a quick moment, but settled himself with a deep breath. "I'm glad it wasn't so awful for the both of us.. Running and waking up, I mean." He says, not trying to make light of what might have happened in their lives beforehand. 

"Is there anything that you want to do here? With your new life now?" 
A deep question indeed. But it was a second chance. For those who grasped hold of it, maybe they could change their destiny, their fate. Maybe that's why this life had been gifted, to try again. A hard refresh to allow them for a more peaceful, meaningful life. 

the staff team luvs u
08-09-2022, 04:41 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2022, 04:42 AM by Boa. Edited 1 time in total.)

"Is there anything that you want to do here?" Definitely. "With your new life now?" Mei.
 She was the only one for him, and Boa wanted to spend the rest of his entire life with her. Her, her, her, his brain echoed, spinning. The beast felt dizzy, like he was about to fall over. He needed to support himself, but the occasional help from the ocean goddess was nice, as well.

“Yes,” He murmured, his voice distant and quiet, until he repeated himself a bit louder;
 “Yes, there are some things I want to do.” He wasn't sure if Alexei would be alright with cross-species relationships, so, unfortunately, Boa wouldn't spill his guts to the man. Of course, he'd hint to his relationship, instead.

He had to get the right words first, though, so after a few moments of thinking, he begun; “There's one –” Almost said wolf, oops, “– woman, she's amazing, and beautiful and nice.. and... everything that I could ever want, really.”
 Why was he telling Aexei this? What if it put @Mei in danger? The man instantly felt heavy, heavy guilt. What if someone figured out it was her that he was so horribly infatuated with?

He chuckled, though.

“Do you have your own 'special someone'?” Boa asked, genuinely. He was curious whether or not this was someone he could ask for advice on love-lives.

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3
08-16-2022, 10:20 PM

They were both silent against the summer's dawning light. Drops of water fell around them, dripping from the leaves down upon their fur. It didn't even seem to bother Alexei, barely blinking when it touched the tip of his muzzle and trailed down his jawline. Most of his pelt was moist, a sheen coating the black and red fur, with his chest touched with white. Boa seemed far off, in a land distant from this one. Maybe living in a world of his own making. Alexei understood — usually he'd get caught in a memory or his thoughts, running wild until he was brought back to reality by someone or something. 

'Yes.' It was quiet. Alexei didn't expect a creature of his stature to be so soft-spoken. It was short-lived when Boa spoke up, confirming that he had something he wanted to do in this life. Alexei's ears perked up as he looked back over, playing with the tail of the mouse in between his paws, directing his fidgeting to something within his paws. Then the tiger began, alluding to him having a relationship — or a major crush, at least, with a woman. "Well, she sounds amazing. You should pursue it. Have something good in this strange world. If it makes you feel normal, cling to it." 
He says, leaning in close to the prey in his paws and downing it with one bite. It was crunchy, and the taste of creatures caught on land always felt so odd in his stomach. It made him feel bloated and sluggish. But, he ate it so he wouldn't appear as rude. 

Then came a question he should have guessed would be next. 'Do you have your own 'special someone?' With what was equivalent to being slapped by a live, flailing fish in the face, but in his heart, accordingly. It'd been a while. No, a long time since he'd had anyone "special." No one had ever been... as special as him. Alexei felt the soft pressure around his neck, weighing like a collar, the one he'd broken so long ago. The man's head hung down a little, acting as if he was looking at his dangling paws. "No, uh... Not anymore. No. Just... In this life, I wanted a home.. and I found it." 
He confessed, trying to turn the subject to something that wouldn't feel as if someone were pulling at his guts. He tried to ignore the also nagging feeling of home usually getting torn out from under him, and tried to reminisce about the fact he had a warm den to return to, and pack mates that would be glad for his return. Whether it be for the food he brought, or just his presence. 

the staff team luvs u
08-17-2022, 09:30 AM

He sighed and infatuated-sounding sigh, eyes glittering and paws dangling over the boulder. His tail hung over his back-legs accordingly, and the beast began to lay his head on his paws. He was... tired.

And then, Alexei spoke once more; "Well, she sounds amazing –" Boa chuckled; She is. The wolf continued. "– You should pursue it. Have something good in this strange world. If it makes you feel normal, cling to it." “I will,” he breathed quietly.
 “I will...” It was a murmur to himself, and he screwed his eyes shut, fantasising about what could – and hopefully would – be. He wanted her so badly, but, he could never try to get close to her if she didn't want him to.

Then, Boa looked up, past the leaves. He should probably be going by now... He wanted to be with her again. With his Mei. “I,” he began, clearing his throat. “I've got to go...” Boa gave a knowing look towards Alexei, hinting that his excuse meant to go to the one he was talking about.

With a smile, the beast couldn't help but ask a question; “Meet up again soon?”

Fade next round?

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3
08-17-2022, 09:49 PM

Heat started to return to the land, with little rain pouring over them now. The sun peered through the clouds, reminding them of the time. Boa looked far off, like he wasn't even here with Alexei. Which the male, glad he didn't have to explain himself or his previous love life, was relieved when the beast needed to go. "Mhm." 
The fisherman deemed with a nod, chuckling softly underneath his breath. "Meet again soon... And Boa? Good luck to you." And with that, he shifted, falling into a hop off the boulder before going his own way back North to the place he called home. 

sounds good to me <3
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top