Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Fixation.

Afternoon 75° F
P
07-06-2022, 01:01 PM

Hope this is okay, and sorry this took a second I was really sick yesterday and started some new meds on top of that so my day was mostly sleep

The event had been spectacular. There was some tension from an unknown male, who had shortly after his appearance made it known he was the father of the oncoming, and himself but it quickly passed during the event. The tension may have stayed but there was no exchange, he wasn't there to quarrel rights or technicalities, and even if he didn't like it that man was the father of those babies. He deserved to have her side more then Creole and he knew that, so reluctantly though quickly he had moved for the rightful owner, at that time, of her side.

The man's stench permeated the Hiraeth, the place stank of his foreign odor. Blood and unknown lands ran through their walls and floors and he turned a lip to it in disgust. He didn't know the beasts name and wasn't sure he cared enough to find out, the man was as large as he, though heavier in weight. Creole was sure he could take this man, maybe not easily but it would be a fair fight.

He spent the last few nights half sleepless. His darkness filled with curious thoughts of who he was, where he'd come from, How long has Reign know him? His obsession caused issues with his dreams, as little as they were, and he would roll and toss until he grew bored of the effort of forcing sleep and would go to patrol the borders.

Often times he'd find nothing. Stale scent markers and the skittering of random critters that would sometimes catch the eyes of the behemoth and he'd stalk and pounce on sport but it just didn't carry the delight it used too. His mind was too clouded. He knew what he wanted was to go see the femme, his raven goddess, and see the legacies that had been born. He'd seen them when they first were graced upon the plains but he wanted to see them now. What they looked like dry and less distressed then when they entered the world, how they smelled now that the afterbirth was cleared.

He couldn't wait anymore and halfway through his morning patrol he turned around misstep to find an offering for his queen. It didn't take much effort for the man to find a fat badger scavenging for grubs. He watched as it unknowingly scraped at the ground to try to rouse the insects, the wind shifted and his scent spun towards the critter. He growled as he had to strike early, a clumsy display of scrambling and scratching as he tried to gain foothold to pounce on the animal and it screamed.

That normally was a pleasant sound, but not today, today the pitch brought a scratch to his brain and he winced as he quickly delivered the killing blow. He felt the crack of it's bones beneath his teeth, heard the snap as it went limp in his jowls. Creole huffed around the fur in his mouth, the blood leaking into his mouth and he began to drool, the man had to put the animal down to clear his features of the dripping saliva and blood, after he was done he lifted the dead carcass once more and began his trek to the top of the hiraeth.

He knew his way to her, it was etched into his mind and he trotted at a steady pace to the queen and her prodigies. He reached the bottom of the waterfall and began to easily leap from rock and stone to granite and slate, his muscles tensing as he jumped higher and higher. Closer and closer he came to her and he could hear her babies squeaking and grunting as he reached the top. Suddenly he was struck with that smell once more.

It reaked of the male. The disgusting brute that was present for the birth and he recoiled in disgust, images of the unkept bloody wolf beast flashed as he dropped his prize with a heavy thud. He should have known the man was here, he was the father and it would have been ignorant for Creole to not assume he'd still be here. A heavy sigh escaped his jowls as he furrowed a brow outside Reigns den, he should make himself known... Somehow ...

He closed his eyes for not more then three seconds to compose himself and he sat outside the home before he straightened his spine. His long tail wrapped around his form with poise, he licked a stray hair on his strong shoulders back into place, ensuring his coat was clean and put together before he called out to whoever was there softly, so as not to rouse and disturb the sleeping babes.

I have brought you a meal my queen... Are you awake? He almost whispered, if she didn't not respond or call out he would softly leave the gift in the mouth of her home and leave her to her much needed slumber. He would wait a few minutes before leaving as he did not want to be caught alone staring into her darkness, that wouldn't look good on his end in the least bit.

@Satan
the staff team luvs u

Creole is a 3-3-3 character.
*Reign and her family are allowed to join any thread he's in unless stated otherwise.*
I write for the man. I do not condone this man's actions.
I speak. I think. I listen.
07-07-2022, 05:31 PM
He hadn't left Reign's side since the pups were born, though had given her the space she needed. For the most part, he had stayed right inside the den, his body guarding them entrance. Even as he slept, he kept his ears up, making sure to catch any sounds that came around him. 

That was why, when he caught the scent of the male from before, he instantly woke up, head lifting as he turned his red eyes to look at the other, watching him with narrowed eyes. With a quite grunt, he would stand up, moving to walk out of the den, standing at his full height as he watched the male. 

"Who are you to her?" He said simply, a demand rather than a question. He knew that he wasn't Reign's mate and had no intentions to be so, but he also didn't want this male to come in and try to take over being father to his children. He would sit there quietly, waiting for an answer.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 594e2082-689d-11ed-b829-057c57b7de88.gif]
07-08-2022, 11:31 AM

Forgive my snarky monster lol

He didn't expect to wait long before he would be met. His instincts on the matter were correct as moments after his arrival the messy white male appeared before him. Creole recoiled ever so slightly as he was assaulted with the most confusing concoction of smells for his brain to process. The male was mixed with the scent of stale blood and faint sands, with the women of his desires and fresh life. Creole narrowed his eyes, his composure respectful though strong, he wasn't concerned of a fight for these were his lands to call home and this man was a guest in the hiraeth. If he was smart he'd know his place here wasn't worth much.

Who are you to her? The behemoth demanded, the dragon smirked through a toothy smile, his tail twitched at the tip with amusement as he bristled a small bit to ruffle his fur with his words. Mmm more then you it seems... You fathered the children but she called for me... He chuckled, amused with himself at the comeback, it was snarky, but not enough to warranted bloodshed.

Did he want to taste the life force of this thing that stood before him? Oh hell yeah he did, but he would not draw blood where there were newborns and a fresh mother at hand. Fear not, I don't want your children... I will care for them if the Raven asks but they are not my responsibility... Children are... Complicated... He remarked with a stern face. His stone stature stiff as he grew serious. Children were too much responsibility for his lifestyle and he didn't see himself a family man.

The question prompted his own though, who was he to her? Most likely what he assumed, a playtoy. Something for reign to chew and use as she pleased, and that was fine, the man didn't mind being used by this furred avian goddess. It left him room for his own devices and pleasures. He grunted and pushed the carcass he'd brought for Reign at the man and gave a small displeased look from the left side of his snowy maw.

Well... I brought food for the mother... But if I had known I'd be feeding her... Guest... I would have brought so much more... he scoffed a little and stared at the unknown male with a mixed look of disgust and irritation. These heights would stink for days.

@Satan
the staff team luvs u

*Reign and her family are allowed to join any thread he's in unless stated otherwise.*
07-18-2022, 05:16 AM
He watched the man closely, raising an eyebrow slightly as he spoke, a soft chuckle escaping him. With a shrug, he would sit himself down. "Reign doesn't mean much more than an acquaintance to me. We spent one night together with very little thoughts of seeing each other again. However, things obviously changed. I have no 'love' for her but I will protect her as one of my own. As it stands right now, Demonia and Warcrest are at an alliance so her members are mine and mine are hers." 

He found himself chuckling again as the man spoke of children being complication. "That they are, I never really cared for children much, but that doesn't mean that I won't protect them." There was no surprise that he wasn't a good person, but he also didn't flaunt it around too much. Shaking his head, he would gesture for the man to continue into the cave. "I don't need to be fed, I don't take pity from others when I'm perfectly capable of hunting for myself." He would move to lay his head down, guarding the entrance as he turned his attention from the man in front of him to anything else that could lurk within the shadows.

the staff team luvs u
07-21-2022, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2022, 11:56 AM by Creole. Edited 2 times in total.)
Alors on Danse.

Sorry for the accidental tag Teegan! I copied the code from our thread x.x

The stained male before him responded in a way Creole didn't expect and he let out a chuckle of his own to match the man's. Fair I suppose... He rolled his large shoulders forward as he continued on about how Demonias members were his as was Warcrests, their alliance. Mmm but nobody commands but Reign... I will only listen to your demands if my queen so wishes... They weren't words of challenge but mostly to prove where his loyalty lied, that he would be this man's mindless monkey if the Viscountess wished. It would be something discussed at a later day.

Satan responded to his mention of children being a complication and nodded in agreement to his own statement that he didn't care much for the young but he would protect them. As one should... He agreed once more, at least he had some sense to him. The mountain denied the males snide comment about bringing so much more and mentioned not taking pity from others. The dragon went to make some sort of comment about it then decided it wasn't worth it, Warcrest's leader had responded to everything he'd thrown at him with such grace and lack of attack that Creole thought it better to change his conversation tactics.

There was a small moment of silence between them before the man turned to look at the little ones then their father, they were a perfect combination of the mother and himself. You make cute kids... He laughed before sighing a tiny bit and continuing. I think I started us on the wrong foot... No need for hostilities I suppose... Creole said to him with a small nod, his attempt at an apology. My name is Creole... The pristinely kept male introduced, asmall smile of introduction on his features, exposing large brilliant white canines that showed he kept very good care of himself.

Creole was nothing short of perfect, in his eyes (and mine xP), his morning routine started with him grooming his bedfur out, he would stretch and make sure his pelt was put together nicely before exposing himself to the world. He would find random bones lying around a few times a moon just to gnaw and keep his daggers sharp and clean.

It was something he took great pride in, his appearance, and any scars he boasted were hidden under a medium length flowing pelt that was white as the snow on mountains, these mountains were his toned shoulders. Exercise was part of his weekly routine and he wouldn't let himself get flabby. Oh no. As the chiseled statue awaited a response he let himself relax just a tiny bit, it seemed like aggression might not be needed like he so expected.

@Satan
the staff team luvs u

08-03-2022, 12:48 PM
The man raised an eyebrow at the other's boldness but shrugged, admiring his determination and loyalty to his queen. After a few moments, he would raise an eyebrow, watching the man. "Since these children are also offspring of your queen, am I to assume you're willing to protect them as well?" He was curious to see how far his dedication led him. 

He let out a soft chuckle as the man spoke of them starting off on the wrong foot. That was certainly an understatement as they almost killed each other when they first met. But then again, that tended to happen a lot to Satan so he didn't take it personally. With a nod, he would relax himself, finally introducing himself correctly. "Satan Drazen, though I'm sure you knew that already." He wasn't trying to boast as he said that, simply stating that he knew his name likely traveled quite a ways.

the staff team luvs u
08-18-2022, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2022, 01:03 PM by Creole. Edited 1 time in total.)
With creole first meetings were often a fifty-fifty. They either went well or they went terribly, as not all that met the firey dragon could handle his personality, he was lucky Reign had. Satan questioned Creoles loyalty to the pack and the man kept the bristle of anger beneath his skin, unknown to Satan and all else around, so that it wouldn't be noticed. He didn't like his loyalty being questioned but he assumed it was just something the father should ask and he brushed it off. But of course they are children, and they are children of Demonia at that. I would risk life and limb to keep them safe... He reassured the father, hoping this might ease some of that tension.

The man introduced himself as Satan in return to Creoles introduction, quipping he might already know that. He chuckled a little and dipped his head in acknowledgement. Whether he was trying to boast or not that's how it came off, but Creole brushed it off, he was used to this. There was a pause between the two males, large white snow piles sitting there as he attempted conversation, he was never good with small talk.

Where exactly do you come from? What is it like there? he asked, honestly the brute didn't know anything about Satan other then he was a father to the babes here and that he and Reign had shared a moment, which he did his best to let pass, and that he came from different lands. Where was unknown but he'd like to learn about the packs beyond and what he might stumble into one day, positive or negative.

@Satan
the staff team luvs u

08-24-2022, 12:10 PM
He did relax slightly at the sound that his children would be protected, though it was clear he was a man that was always on guard. Nonetheless, he would nod simply, falling silent as he glanced around the both of them. He didn't entirely like this man, but now that he had talked to him a bit more, he at least didn't hate him. 

As the man asked him about where he comes from, he would cock his head to the side slightly with a curious expression. "By where I come from, are you talking about my home in the desert, or where I come from before I got here?" Both were interesting questions to pose and, in reality he had no issues with answering either. However, he was never one to answer questions that were posed to him first.

the staff team luvs u
09-04-2022, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2022, 01:51 PM by Creole. Edited 1 time in total.)
Oh those were both interesting questions indeed weren't they? He had meant the desert, the place where suns beat down and winds whipped, he could smell the sands imbedded in Satan's fur and noted that was the one he couldn't pinpoint until the man had given it to him. Hmm... Fair... I meant the desert but the latter is also a question I am interested in hearing answered if it's one you're willing to give... I've passed through sands before but never spent too much time in them... It's far too hot for my liking...

He glanced down at himself with a chuckle, his thick pelt whether in summer or winter was thicker then the desert dwelling kind. He didn't last long out there and if a battle to ever occur on those sands he surely would be at a disadvantage on the field. Gracefully he wrapped his tail around his hindquarters and smoothed out a piece of stray fur the stood on end on his shoulder, couldn't have that now could be?

Creole didn't like that Satan shared that moment with his obsession but it was one that had gone and passed, and from what he could tell it wasn't a relationship with them. So that was a plus right? He didn't spend much time around them when they were together but he could only hope all it was was a moment that went too far. That's what he would tell himself... His thoughts would eat him alive if he let them...

@Satan
the staff team luvs u

09-04-2022, 08:24 PM
The man hummed for a moment before speaking, shrugging slightly as he did. "Hmm, well honestly I enjoy the heat of the desert, though I'm not necessarily made for it. But limitations have never stopped me before. In reality though, I prefer sand to dirt and being able to see enemies from miles away does help. Plus, not many are accustomed to fighting on a moving ground." He paused for a moment, thinking before speaking. "As for where I come from, the last before here wasn't the best, it was a very hot land so I guess that's why I enjoy the desert. What about you? What was it like where you're from? And why did you choose here of all places?"

There wasn't any malic in his voice as he spoke, just curious to know more about the man. Sure, they had started on bad terms and, if given the chance, Satan would attack this man, but right now wasn't the right time. Besides, he was quite interesting to talk to so why would he kill his entertainment?

the staff team luvs u
10-06-2022, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2022, 01:13 PM by Creole. Edited 3 times in total.)

Your lady thirsty,
Don't show mercy.

Feel free to poke me next time! <3
I'm sorry I let this fall behind! I swear next time Ill be more diligent about replies, rl took over and I fell behind on my postssss.
Once I murder off some of these old ones maybe we can have Creole come visit in the desert for some sparring practice in the sand?

Satan explained he wasn't built for the heat and Creole shook his head in agreement, they were similar in pelts so he felt that. The man also explained battle advantages and the drawing cocked his head, he hadn't thought of that and would tuck that away for later knowledge, maybe he'd spar there sometime to gain practice, it wasn't bad experience to have. Satan asked him why he chose the empire and he shrugged with his words.“Well... Reign was the first to approach and offer me a home... And I couldn't resist those delicious words...” The poetic man told him, unable to control himself.

Images of the bi-colored woman with those endless eyes of crystals that would cut him up and spit him out a tattered mess, and he'd thank her and ask for more. He smirked at Satan, not a look of anything more then pure obsession for the woman, hoping it wouldn't spark anything in the other. He wasn't trying to make enemies, or friends, but he couldn't start making enemies of the man that sired the children of their empire.“Right place right time for the queen...” Creole chuckled, daggers gleaming with self amusement. Silence fell again on the two and he stood like a statue, unsure of where to continue from there.

Unknown to Creole Satan shared mutual feelings. Any other time the dragon would have seen a threat in Satan and attacked on site, but there were other things at play here. He wouldn't make a move unless Reign allowed, commanded him, but treaties amongst the two packs most likely wouldn't allow that to ever happen. Shame too, Satan would make a worthy opponent.

“You'd better fucking hear me.”
"I'll absorb your sound."
“hover for me ”

@Satan
the staff team luvs u

10-08-2022, 02:57 PM
The man lingered for a moment, listening to everything that the man had to say. It seemed their conversation was coming to a close and so, he would offer a nod before standing himself up. He didn't entirely trust this man, but he also was sure that he wouldn't harm Reign or the kids, at least not if he valued his life. And so, he would start to walk away, heading out to hunt. 

He didn't particularly enjoy hunting in the plains, but it wasn't that different than home, just with dirt instead of sand. "Watch them while I hunt." He said simply before walking away, not offering for the man to come with and simply giving an order.

figured we could end it here and set up another one later?

the staff team luvs u
10-26-2022, 07:28 PM

Your lady thirsty,
Don't show mercy.

Sounds good to me! Sorry I made you wait so long on this one :(

He watched Satan stand and give him the command to babysit while he went to hunt. Creole held back a scoff and a furrowing of his brow, why did he think it was his job to command the dragon like his own warrior. It wasn't, and it was hard for the man to hold back some snarky remark and a snarl. For the sake of the queen... His inner demons mocked with their own actions and features of stretched mouths in a taunting nature. Sure, yeah sure he'd babysit for you, not man enough to do it yourself eh? Creole bit his lower lip as he held hard onto the laughter that dared escape his mouth and cleared his throat instead.“Sure... As you command...” My liege... Would you like me to polish your claws too sir? his tongue threatened as he dipped his head with a smile and a silent farewell to the father of the royals sleeping behind them. As Satan exited Creole took his post, a tall strong statue carved into a snow covered mountain, sitting at the mouth of the demons den.

“You'd better fucking hear me.”
"I'll absorb your sound."
“hover for me ”

@Satan
the staff team luvs u

scroll to top