Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
where is she with my milk?

AW
Elysium
06-29-2022, 03:07 AM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2022, 03:08 AM by Violet. Edited 1 time in total.)
Mom didn't return.

Violet, obviously so, screamed to the high heavens. It was time to eat! She was hungry! Although there was gold mom, but at the moment silver mom was deemed as the food giver. She gave the milk, and she would give them the meat ; but she wasn't here. The babe was stuck with her ugly siblings. Especially him, @Alder, the red one that gold mom didn't look too fondly at and thus she didn't either. There had to be a reason ; must be because he ugly.

No one could really explain why how she knew what ugly was. But it was her favorite word.

"Mam!" she was hobbling to the entrance with an impatience, although it may have been only a few moments since she departed, to Violet, it felt like hours. Although.. If no one was around, she could break free too.

the staff team luvs u
06-29-2022, 05:46 PM
Sadly, the screaming could be heard echoing in the basin for all to hear. The cries of a child, one of panic and perhaps confusion. Zula didn’t often find herself doing either of the things but she’d turned a new leaf since joining at the side of Valeska. Elysium made her soft. So welcoming and calm, the world around them so serene.

She didn’t realise her life was to be thrown into chaos, like an arm twisted behind her back with a strong, grappling hand, unwavering as it reduced the she-wolf to suffer.

With little regard for what was happening, the woman approached the den with slight curiosity and more of a sisterly worry of what - it had to be violet right? No one quite new how to scream like violet - was so distraught about.

“What is with the yowling little lion?” She called as she wandered within earshot. There was something of envy she felt for the children’s parents, but it was not something Zula wished to linger on. The she-wolf would always help the children if they needed it, and Certainly, when the time came, she would show them her ways of the world and it’s circle of life.
the staff team luvs u
3-3-3
this characters thoughts, feelings and opinions do not reflect my own.

06-29-2022, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2022, 10:10 PM by Violet. Edited 1 time in total.)
She.. She did it.

She was at the entrance of the den, with no one yet to stop her. Although, as she looked out with baby blues, in the yonder was another. Silver, that caught Violet's eyes, but instead the white of her mother's grace it was a hobo of darkened colors. She didn't recognize the other wolves, they weren't deemed as important to her, as they weren't the main food givers. More like the ants she saw, little minions of her moms.

Although as Violet looked over.. Opened her mouth, and yelled loudly.

She! Is! Not! Who! Violet! Needs!

the staff team luvs u
06-29-2022, 10:18 PM
^^Harper was on the other side of the territory, and so, she did not hear her sister’s painful howls and yelps as she was taken hostage. Instead, as she was finishing up her duties, she heard the cries of her niece - which was upsetting in its own right. Not only did that girl have the most powerful set of lungs, but a screaming child was an obvious red flag that something was amiss - where in the hellfire was her parents?

“That be a good question..” Harper growled, though not growling towards Zula, but moreso, in a protective, suspicious manner as she strode towards Zula - whom she hadn’t had the pleasure of meeting quite yet - and into towards the den, spotting Violet right as she unleashed an unholy scream.

Oh. Oh dear.

“Now, now.. ” Harper grumbled loudly, “that is no way to greet your aunties.” She didn’t know who Zula was, but she was part of the pack as looked like the “middle evolution” between Harper and Valeska, and therefore was dubbed an auntie in an attempt to get the child to settle down before Harper was forced to resort to extreme measures.
^^
the staff team luvs u
06-30-2022, 02:14 AM
The child. It screamed.

And Amaranth's eyes would snap open... dulled to the screams; and yet, somehow, unable to ignore the insatiable cry of her kin. No, not just her kin. But her children. It pained her in such a way that it rose her from the depths of ethereal slumber. Labytrythine eyes snapped open, awake and asleep all at once. But somehow, she wondered, where was Valeska?

Valeska was so dedicated. Dedicated to the infantile bodies that needed material sustenance.
How was she not available? How was it that Amaranth had made it here before her?

Amaranth did not respond often, for it was not often that a required spiritual need would arise. But somehow, the child continued to scream. To beg and plead for the physical needs that the world would plague it with.

"Violet," she would coo, entering the den and finding the naked child. The child continued to scream without the comfort of her true mother.

"My child," Amaranth pleaded, her eyebrows frowning deeply as her golden muzzle would reach toward the screeching infant, reaching to touch her gently. Her gaze then lifted, finding both Zula and Harper in a half-frenzied smile. "What's wrong?" 'What do we do? Where is Valeska?'

She would refrain from much else aside from the gentle caress she would offer Violet... hoping, if nothing more, that she could provide the child some comfort. If she could not have one mother, perhaps, in some way, she could have the other.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 36940545_o6akeqfMGh4oIhv.png]
07-02-2022, 06:37 PM
This is dangerous. Violet's not only at the entrance of the den, but screaming. Dimitri peers up at the darkness, the wolves gathering, and hisses from the darkness. "Bad things will hear you," he says, though he doubts he can be heard over Violet's screaming. He should walk up and silence her. If the birds come along and scoop her up and tear her guts out, it'll be on him.

But he's just so scared!
the staff team luvs u
07-04-2022, 03:30 AM
powerplaying bringing @Mordecai !

She lugged him with through the lands, a rather heavy wolf she must say. The smell of Elsyium was high, her nose crinkled lightly and sneezed, for she never has stepped into another packs land so openly. Getting deeper into it's mix, she would howl at them, announcing her desperate arrival that was needed to answer with a haste. But she didn't stop by the borders, and only continued walking inside, deeper and deeper into Elysium.

She was calm, although raged lightly and felt rushed to the touch. Needed to be quick of work, needed to gather forces, needed to make sure he was alright. Tell them of what happened, what occurred, and gather such to return to the beach, to find these boars who are causing mayhem. There was relief her own were yet taken, but even then, others did not have the same bliss. And those were the same wolves that she valued so ; although even without, would the dragoness demand such blood of vengeance upon these arrogant prey.

As she continued to bring him through, the woman howled with an urgency, that they needed help.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
07-04-2022, 03:49 AM
^^Bad things will hear you – Harper pondered for a moment how on earth a child so young could know of bad things, but she’d not had the chance to ask. There was a call, just then, as if Dimitri’s warning had come knocking – was he were some sort of oracle – from a voice that sounded familiar; a voice that lived on the opposite end of the mountains and technically had no right being so close.

What was she doing so far from home, and so seemingly close? It sounded almost as if she was just right outside? Paranoia had set in: her sister’s unknown whereabouts, and now this? Her eyes met that of Amaranth’s for a moment, nodding her head.

“I will deal with this. Stay with the children.”

Quickly exiting the den, Harper howled a response which likely died in her throat upon the sight of them (depending on where Vendrussel & Mordecai was.)
^^
the staff team luvs u
07-04-2022, 05:01 AM
 He used the wolf that he leaned on to bear a lot of his weight, she was likely getting quite the workout. They passed all of the familiar landmarks and came closer to he inside of the heart of the territory. The she-wolf announced their presence while Mordecai doggedly focused on staying upright. His wounds had long since stopped bleeding but he felt so, so tired. His body wanted to sleep but he wouldn't allow himself the comfort until things had been set right.

They heard the answering howl from Harper and he felt a rush of shame wash over him anew. How would he explain this?

They came closer and she came into view... and then he stumbled forward towards her and sank down to the ground. Not because he was tired but because he was groveling at her paws. "I'm so sorry..." He said to her, tears bubbling up at his eyes. He would expose his neck to her, in case she wanted retribution on him. "Boars attacked Valeska and I couldn't save her." The tears ran down his face, as he was still Mordecai at his very core.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: Untitled_Artwork.gif]
Paladin
07-04-2022, 05:11 AM
As they approached closer, she recognized the other. Harper, a woman of Russian origins who was one of the few individuals that mentioned of the war incoming. Though at the moment it was not about so ; but rather what had happened to them. Mordecai dropped forward, in a position as if he was asking for his own death and she too stepped forward, "I had found him injured, and alone."

Her gaze drifted around, onto the man before her, and back toward the purple-view, "They had been causing trouble at my pack as well and demanded food in exchange for another, he unsuccessfully tried to nab one of our young." She thought it was foolish of her to let it continue laying low, she did not think they'd continue such a barrage of ways especially when it didn't work out. Although they were not without injuries, as both the tigress and the child were physically and mentally hurt.

"I was seeing if they ventured this far." as Vendrussel explained why her presence was so. And she was right to do so ; they did expand as far as Elysium.

"I will help bring her back." And she so said with a conviction, an assurance that her presence here was not only to bring back the injured warrior, but to ensure her words to them so. As they wanted to help her, a repayment would be given ; even without so, the dragoness wasn't soulless or heartless to know of innocent wolves being dragged about by evil itself.

Dragonford would hunt them.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
07-04-2022, 05:29 AM
^^Valeska was missing. There was a call of urgency, and the smell of Mordecai’s blood in the air, mixed with the scent of the Ford woman. What in the bloody hell was going on?

Bad things had definitely heard them. The boy was an oracle. Finding the duo was not hard, and when she did, her hackles immediately lifted and she had to stop herself from snarling at the Ford woman; she’d heard tales of how Vendrussel had returned the body of the child she’d killed. Was this a pattern in the making?

No, actually, it seemed not. Mordecai was bloody, speaking about Valeska and his failure to save her sister. He came groveling at her feet, and Harper slowly looked to him, exposing his neck to her, as Vendrussel spoke.

Harper stared down at his exposed neck with the arch of her brow, slowly lowering her head to nuzzle him, gently. “You did your best, didn’t you? That’s all we can ask of you.” Harper cooed, licking at his neck, and over some of his wounds.

Vendrussel informed them of the boars, and Harper nodded her head. “Thank you for bringing him home, Vendrussel. I will, of course, be joining you on this hunt, while Mordecai gets some good bed rest.”
^^
the staff team luvs u
07-05-2022, 10:02 PM
 While he groveled, Vendrussel spoke more to explain in the gaps that he left. All the while he sat there, completely at Harper's mercy. Although, she did not rip out his throat for compensation. Instead, she spoke comfortingly to him and licked him. It just made him feel worse... "B-but... my best wasn't good enough." He sniffled, using a paw to wipe across his eyes. Then it was worse! She told him that he would stay here! He couldn't! He had to help avenge Valeska. "I-I can't, Harper! I have to go kill the pig! I have to defend Valeska's memory and get revenge on the pig!" He was practically beside himself, feeling like he had to go do this.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: Untitled_Artwork.gif]
Paladin
07-05-2022, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2022, 02:37 AM by Vendrussel. Edited 1 time in total.)
"You did what you could," she stepped and gave appropriate space.. But offered some words of support, for it was the truth. This was not her land ; and the first time she ever been so deep in another packs land. Although the time was dire she knew it was overstepping, so the least she can do was show appropriate respect in this time where the man, who blamed himself, needed a moment with the russian. Although the Alpha didn't know what was Harper's rank within the land, but was family of sorts to the missing Priestess.

"I can run ahead to gather my forces to meet at the beach before we scent out their base." It was not her place to argue how she believed Mordecai should help ; as a warrior to reclaim such an honor when he thought she was dead. Not her land, nor' warriors, and thus not her call.

At the very least while figuring out their situation, she could attempt to control her own in an effort to help. They may not be close, they may not be even allies, and even more-so, close with her enemies. But who had the heart to watch someone get kidnapped, and turn a blind eye? Much less as these boar were common enemies as well, for attacked the tigress and child. Friendly enough that she wanted to save the light woman who vowed to attempt to stop a brutal war. At the moment she knew not of the conversation already had transpired.

Vendrussel was on her paws, ready for the mad-dash that went by. She could make it before the day passed.

the staff team luvs u
07-05-2022, 11:51 PM
^^Harper would have liked to think that she could never simply take the life of someone in a fashion such as this; for someone to be so willing for death that they had dared to offer her their neck. It, too, felt almost ironic; as she’d offered her neck to Kuhn once. Yet, also… there was a darkness in her that would have overcome her, had Valeska truly been gone, as Mordecai liked to think.

Vendrussel offered no confirmation, and without a body to inspect, Harper would not believe it to be so. She was a bullheaded, stubborn woman. Harper offered her a silent, but swift nod of her head. “Go. I will be right behind you after I deal with this one.. ”

Harper’s brows arched, eyes lingering over Mordecai. “Mordecai, I love you; I love your loyalty to me and my family, but I am not ready to let you go, just yet, жевательные конфеты. Valeska will not be too pleased if you die trying to avenge her. Get some rest first.” Harper growled, lowly; protectively, but in her tone, there was authority of a command.
^^
the staff team luvs u
07-06-2022, 12:00 AM
Totally skippable unless interacted with!

The boy didn't know what was going on, all he knew was there Dirt Mama was panicking and Snow Mama was no where to be found. Slowly, he would attempt to sneak in to where the adults were talking, trying to listen to what was going on. Still, he really didn't understand, but he could tell that emotions were high. Was something wrong with Snow Mama? No, she didn't die, right? Now Akira was beginning to fear the worst, though he stayed silent and continued to listen in. Something about boars and Akira cocked his head to the side. Did the boars take Snow Mama? Why would they do that? Now he was even more confused then when he started out.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 54529195_RrfrlNYrodsDcgt.png?1672705288]
Paladin
07-06-2022, 02:36 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2022, 02:37 AM by Vendrussel. Edited 1 time in total.)
She nodded, turning to leave, though looking back once more, "we will save her. Or at the very least, I will die trying." Some part of her thought.. A chance, came upon. The drum of war was calling to her heart and ears as she turned to, and ran with a haste out of the realms of Elsyium. She may have taken a life of another ; but the Ancients, have given a pathway of redemption, "it's the least I can do."

To lose one life, now to sacrifice her own in an attempt to save more. And by the damned, would she try to save the true innocent beyond all. One who has done no wrong, a pack who just desires peace and realm, and with so, wholeheartedly, would the dragoness vow to the heavens before of her faith and prowess to help that.

Now battle awaits, and the calling of her ford. To bask in the glory to save the others, the time to fight would begin.

the staff team luvs u
07-07-2022, 11:49 PM
There was her mother, her aunt, and then a howl that resounded which led her aunt then leaving. For a moment she stopped her screaming, returning affectionate to her golden mother who.. She was calling both 'mama,' but it started to weigh on her the difference between the two and she decided, "Gama, where Sama."

Golden Mama = Gama

Silver Mama = Sama

It made sense within her head even if it didn't sound pleasant.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top