Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
let god consume us

Afternoon Sunny/Clear
AW
Paladin
Dragonford Isles
06-15-2022, 08:46 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2022, 08:46 PM by Azriel.)
getting used to his new home proved to be a bit of a challenge — if only because valtyr was used to the snowcapped mountains and iced rocks. here, the sea and salt are constant companions. in the distance of the section of border that the frost dragon patrols — though admittedly he wonders if the patrol's for naught with the isle being ...well, an isle — he can see the vague outline of cloudrest; and the boy he'd kill within himself by leaving it behind.

but he was not the first, he told himself. whatever reason compelled his wispmother to depart from the place she'd built her kingdom, she'd been the first to leave.

and their first fight, while had technically been their last verbal fight — he'd nevertheless let his displeasure be known in his distance. he was the frost dragon and asriel was no more.

it is these words repeating like a war mantra in his mind, over and over, that he continued on with his patrol; ears and eyes alert for anything that appeared out of place.

the staff team luvs u
fjordic · common
— ❝the thing about gods is they're eternal
06-23-2022, 11:11 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2022, 11:12 PM by Vendrussel. Edited 1 time in total.)
One of the newest members, the frost dragon, was a surprising recruit, one where he was delved from the mountains of Cloudrest and yet descended into the realm of the leviathan's waters itself. At the time she did not ask, he did not seem comfortable and overall more indebted to join Dragonford overall, and she welcomed him wholeheartedly. Especially, knowing he had some medical knowledge that they solely lacked besides the bare bones of overview knowledge.

He was on the beach, bordering so and she approved highly, giving a chuff from behind as she approached to follow along his trial, "Tell me, Valtyr," she said, heavy emphasis on this new name he had taken, it felt pleasant to the tongue, "what had brought you away from the home you knew?" Although the topic was of seriousness, she didn't prod too deeply, and smiled very gently ; it was a mild curiosity then anything.

the staff team luvs u
06-25-2022, 09:49 AM
the chuff draws valtyr's attention; first his ears give a small swivel in the direction it'd came from and then with a turn of his head to peer over a broad shoulder — gaze leaving the mainland, confident that all was quiet. icy lavender-blue gaze falls upon the dragon queen; a soft thrum and rush of his heartbeat given — and with it the soft wondering if there would ever be a time that vendrussel ceased to spark such feelings within him. a soft pause is given as he considers what he should call her: as his alpha surely her name was far too formal. “dragonqueen,” the frost dragon offers the title with a respectful bow of his head after he turns to face her in full.

her question does not come as surprise to him: and though nothing in her tone nor posture says that she demands it, he nevertheless knew it would come. it came and it would no doubt come again if he chose not to answer it here and now. his departure from cloudrest had not followed protocol: had been betrayed and angered flight from the home he had championed from. first, his mother had decided that he and his siblings were not enough ( a childish thought, he chides himself ) and then she leaves so shortly after giving birth, without word to him, taking her new and improved cubs with her ( again, a thought poisoned with bitter and metallic jealousy ).

asriel had felt those things. not valtyr. if he was to be the man he was portraying himself to be: he had to make peace with it all and truly leave it behind.

“my mother and i fought,” valtyr speaks then, after a long pause to collect and order his thoughts. “not right before my departure. months ago. we hadn't really spoken since and a few days before i came to you, she left. took her newborns and lover and whisked them away. abandoning cloudrest.” abandoning me went unsaid but hung heavy in the air all the same.

perhaps his wispmother had tried to bridge the gap but he'd done well to make himself present but unheard, still stewing in his disapproval. “in truth, it hadn't felt like home before that but that was the deciding factor for me.”

the staff team luvs u
fjordic · common
— ❝the thing about gods is they're eternal
Counsellor
07-06-2022, 02:52 AM
She smiled at him, "Please, Vendrussel is fine. Although Dragonqueen is interesting," she chuckled, "Alpha is a namesake of simple wolven customs that my clan continued to hold alongside of the dragons cultural embrace." Although some attempted to refer to her as Queen, as some Mother Dragon or various other titles ; Alpha held a sweet-spot. It was that remisrice of her clan continuing the wolf's culture and claim, by continuing it's titles to remember who they were, and were they originated from before being blessed by the dragons who intertwined with them so. It was strange, and felt odd when referred to otherwise. Although in truth she preferred her name overall.

A title, is just a title, that she questioned often whether she deserved it.

And she listened, silently feeling pity for the boy. Was he casted away for his mothers new brood? Was it a step-father who wasn't well? It was clear by the time he came he was displeased, and even wanted to get rid of his birth-title that was given to him so lovingly, "I see.." she firstly responded, a moment to twine her thoughts correctly, "I never met your mother. She never stepped out of the mountains, or her lover, to properly catch her. I could not say how she is.. But it seemed she did not cherish you enough." But Vendrussel wouldn't defend a woman, of a young child who scorned openly of her actions.

"I hope you will find a home here." Even if this woman whose she never met would not, Vendrussel would hope he would find time here. She was always available, around and so, even now when she drifts she somehow always nearby now. Always on the call, ready for an action that may never come ; a war, that was behind their head.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top