Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Seeking shelter

Evening Blizzard
P
06-14-2022, 09:43 PM
Backdated before she's kidnapped

The woman had been in search of @Ragnar, looking for him to speak with him. She hadn't really been the nicest when she first arrived, and had felt bad about it for the last few days. She wanted to apologize to him. When she had left her den, it was a light snow fall, nothing she wasn't used to in the mountains, so she kept going forward. His scent was easy to find and track, leading back to his den. As she approached though, she noticed the snow fall getting much heavier, though she was much too far from her own den to go back now.  

She wasn't one to barge in though, and sat herself outside of his den, squinting slightly through the snow. "Ragnar?" She called out, huddling herself down. The snow was coming down hard and the wind was whipping through her fur, but she didn't want to just walk in assuming that he would be alright with it. If she wasn't called in, she would either stay where she was in the snow, or make her way back to her own den.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: a3e702c2-68a1-11ed-83fd-41e4c66def4c.gif]
06-15-2022, 04:59 PM
[Image: Blog_Panorama_WindCaveOpeningLoganCanyon.jpg]

High in the reaches of Northfall, Ragnar found cold comfort within his den. He had various resting places, yet this one was the most deep within the realm, most secluded and with the view most expanse of his home he had greatly come to love and hold pride for.

It was still very much cold in these chambers but it did not quite touch what had become quite the blizzard outside for the forming summer season. Ragnar pulled a tan and white skin of caribou up over his backside and burrowed further into the furs around him.

Serenity would not be missed as she now stood at the grand opening. His head lifts from the furs, icy eyes widening. She had not predicted the coming storm and she was new to this territory too. He'd not leave her stranded, pregnant or not.

“Serenity, Gods woman, get in here!”
the staff team luvs u
*Ragnar frequently has black feathers woven into his scruff, curiosity of his good friend, Krakarak.
Misc Skill
06-15-2022, 07:56 PM
The woman was slightly shocked to hear his words call out to her, squinting her eyes slightly against the snow as she raised to stand. Moving into the den, she would let out a soft chuckle, seeing him all bundled up in the back of the den. "Well I certainly wasn't going to barge in, blizzard or not, that would just be rude." She would sit herself down a few feet from him, shivering slightly from the cold. It wasn't something she was entirely used to, but she knew she would have to get used to it.

"Sorry to bother you while you're resting, I just wanted to apologize for how I acted the first time we met. I realize I may have come across as rude and I didn't mean to." She would offer him a small, lopsided, apologetic smile.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
06-17-2022, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2022, 03:43 AM by Ragnar. Edited 1 time in total.)
He laughs to her words, his shoulders rolling in a shrug there afterwards. “I'd have to forgive you, wouldn't I?” After all, not everyone cared for the cold of the north and nor many could tolerate it, either. I wondered of some within his ranks would have the thick skin (and thick coat) for it when winter came along and things got really fucking cold.

“Oh- you most definitely were.” He said with a playful laugh. “But I'm sure you'll find a way of making it up to me.” And he didn't mean to sound filthy, either, even if he had.

“Come, rest with me on the furs.” He invited with a thumping of his tail on the cavern floor. “How have you and your little one been settling, thus far?”
the staff team luvs u
*Ragnar frequently has black feathers woven into his scruff, curiosity of his good friend, Krakarak.
Misc Skill
06-19-2022, 05:10 AM
As he spoke up, she would fake a gasp, a small smile tugging at the edges of her lips. She would aim to lightly smack him with her paw, a playful boop as she smiled at him. She was clearly much more calm and relaxed around him this time, which was slightly odd. One would think that in his own den she should be more on edge and careful, but it was the opposite for her. 

Hearing his offer to lay with him in the warmth, she would move closer, nuzzling under the fur and laying herself on her side next to him. As she laid down, she would press her back against him unintentionally, only trying to get comfortable. 

However, unless he did, she wasn't going to move away either, instead letting out a soft sigh as she laid down. It felt nice to be able to lay down and relax for a moment. "Thank you, and we're doing great now. We've both been adjusting well to everything. I'd love for Kailani to meet you if you want. Like, an actual meeting." She chuckled softly as she said that, remembering back to when they did first meet, though she knew that Kailani wasn't really sure what was going on.

the staff team luvs u
06-19-2022, 11:17 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2022, 11:17 PM by Ragnar.)
A gasp, a boop! Ragnar dramatically falls over to his side, a rolling back of his head as he falls over with defeat. All the while his tail beating the den floor and he looks to her with those icy pale orbs and a grin.

She would come to settle at his side then and as she does so he would roll back up from his side onto his belly. Her back pressed along his ribs, he would face out to the opening of the den and watch the storm rage on.

“Of course I would... I hope that she might get along well with some her age, too. @Primrose is new as well, Eirene had found him and taken him in.” He pauses, a thought, and side glances to Serenity. “Where did you find Kailani?” He wondered but also did not want to pry. After all, it was quite obvious the young girl was not at all wolf. How she happened to be in a wolf pack interested Ragnar and made him wonder if others of the girl's blood could be wondering around out there...
the staff team luvs u
06-30-2022, 06:48 PM
Though she had first entered the den tense and unsure, she certainly wasn't anymore. His friendly demeanor and jokes had quickly caused her anxieties to vanish. However, she didn't expect him to stay pressed up against her side though. She had honestly expected him to move away, or push her away, even if it was just to put an inch of space between them. He never did though, and instead she found comfort in his warmth. 

A smile graced her face and she looked up at him over her shoulder, eyes watching him for a moment as he gazed off into the storm. For a moment, that was all she did, noticing that he was quite handsome, even if she wasn't really in a position to flirt as openly with him as she likely would otherwise. Still though, she would finally speak up as he looked over at her, hoping that he hadn't noticed her staring at him. 

"Oh, I would love for her to meet more her own age, and Vendrussel actually saved her from drowning I believe. She called me over after picking up the small child and asked me to take her in. Ever since then, even after I left the ford, Kailani is my daughter and I wasn't going to let anyone, not even Ven, take her from me." Her eyes burned with a protective fire, one that showed she would do anything for those that she cared about.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
07-17-2022, 01:20 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2022, 03:47 AM by Ragnar. Edited 1 time in total.)
Though he did, in fact, notice her staring. Ragnar felt he was rather good at a great many things even if he was not exceptional with most. A Jack of all trades kind of guy in a manner. One of his best skill was fighting but a close second was his ability to attract women.

Already, he had laid with quite a few women in these lands, for his personalty was friendly, accepting, honest and he had an aid of pride in him that lacked any arrogance. He was not half bad looking, either. Still, he had never found yet a woman who wanted he and he only. Who loved him endlessly. Then again, he had not found a woman like this for himself, either. Maybe being surrounded by such powerful and perfect women, his bar was just set for too high.

An icy eyes side glanced her direction, away from the storm outside. A scarred brow rose and the corner of his lips turned to a smirk. He said nothing about it, however. She could watch him all she pleased.

“It was very kind of you to take her in, even if it was probably quite sudden.” A small smile, as Ragnar thinks of her former lead just saying 'Look what I found. Can you take care of this?' Serenity had a caring nature, much as his own self. Ragnar quite enjoyed children all the same even if a selfish part of that was merely to hope for the name of Stormborn to proceed himself. “It does so strike me as odd, that Vendrussel would bring Kailani into the Ford instead of sending her elsewhere, but then wanted you to then abort your litter...” Maybe he was just adding fuel to the fire- just a tiny bit more fuel.
the staff team luvs u
10-03-2022, 06:50 PM
The woman fell silent, listening to the words of the man, though she raised an eyebrow slightly as his ponder. It was a bit odd, now that she thought about it, that Ven would offer to take in Kailani but not be okay with Serenity's own flesh and blood. Regardless, it silently stoked a fire within the woman's soul, one that she refused to speak of. 

"You may be right, but regardless, I've found a place that doesn't pick and choose which children they accept. And for that, I'm grateful." With that, she would stand and stretch, bowing her head slightly in a silent thank you. "I'm going to head to my den for the night, but I would love to find you again and speak with you."

the staff team luvs u
10-31-2022, 04:12 PM
“I'm glad to have you on our side.” He spoke with a grin at her first bit of words, regarding finding a home that didn't suggest ending her pregnancy. “Of course, anytime...” The golden wolf said then, stretching out his legs over the cold, hard rock of the cave.

“Be careful on your way down...” He warned, the concern showing on his features. Though the blizzard had eased down by now, the lands were never not a dangerous one. She had lived on the slippery black rocks of the Isles, but still, everyone had their slip ups.
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top