Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Filthy pigs

Morning Sunny/Clear
P
06-13-2022, 07:57 PM
For @Chantico

Ragnar had done his best to be diligent. He and Sindri had called out and spoken to those of Northfall, to be aware of the wild boar which rummaged through the lowlands of their home. They had been directed to take dens and move caches and herbs to the higher elevations and be very aware of where their stench reached.

The day was young and the sun high. Within the foothills he found shade and cool comfort. Even in summer the lands in the north still remained crisp and pleasant. Ragnar did some digging now, eating away down in the dirt some leftover goat. Best he eat it now then allow any of those filthy beasts get to it first.
the staff team luvs u
*Ragnar frequently has black feathers woven into his scruff, curiosity of his good friend, Krakarak.
06-15-2022, 11:43 PM
^^It’d been some time since Chantico joined the ranks, and in that time, Chantico busied herself with getting to know the land that Northfall called themselves home. It’d be a terrible thing to twist and ankle or slide off the edges of a cliff, simply because she hadn’t known any better.

The scent of goat brought her to Ragnar, the only face she was truly familiar with; the god collector. He was alone, it seemed; he, too, was along when he’d found her. Interesting.

“Good morning, Ragnar.. Do you fancy some company?”
^^
the staff team luvs u
06-17-2022, 09:16 PM
There came Chantico, a sight to behold. Her coat of pale ashes, coal and blazing flames. Even Ragnar being a tall man, with her extra heavy and stocky frame, she was absolutely the largest wolf he had ever seen, even next to @Tiberius. She probably would have been quite fitting at @Ghidorah side, especially both being former Gods. Ragnar had not heard much of that beast in quite some time however.

[Image: tumblr_oka3lcjx261qg5mjyo1_500.gifv]

He lifts his head, eying her up and down comically with a risen, scarred brow and there-after, his signature toothy grin. “For you? I don't mind at all. Come, have a bite if you'd like.” He said as he backed up from the cache and sat down, licking his chops.
the staff team luvs u
*Ragnar frequently has black feathers woven into his scruff, curiosity of his good friend, Krakarak.
Misc Skill
06-18-2022, 01:19 AM
^^Chantico had learned of the other gods; Ragnar had asked her if she had known Freya. Perhaps under another name, or perhaps not at all; not there were different sorts, all over the place; just as mortals were.

She pondered if the others had chosen this life, as Chantico had. Why else would they be here, on mortal ground, if not some sort of punishment? She didn’t know; didn’t much care to learn about the others. She was far more interested in learning about those here.

Ragnar’s facial expressions and the way of his wording with the handsome toothy grin were taken into account, and Chantico smiled softly at him. It was interesting to watch him back away from the meal, though, when he was the king here.

“Oh, I’d love to.. ” Chantico growled hungrily, glancing at him as though he were the meal that she was about to feast on. She, too, licked her lips; closing the distance between them to bite him on the shoulder.

Gently, of course.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
06-19-2022, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2022, 09:32 PM by Ragnar. Edited 1 time in total.)
Thus far, Chantico gave the air of a very aloof woman. She was relaxed, went with the flow but equally didn't seem to have a care one way or another. Ragnar wondered that the others passions were, what she had wanted in this life, what goals she had set for herself as a mortal. Ragnar would also wonder if the many years she had lived had somehow hindered her in living life to her fullest. Had she grown tired of it? Had she lost that spark because nothing excited or surprised her any longer now?

They all were questions Ragnar would ask her, he thinks, in one conversation of the next. But he would need to know more of herself first, if she would let him.

His scarred brow remained lifted from her words, an “Oh really?” slipping from his lips as she closed the distance between them, planting a nip on his shoulder to which he snorts, “Well I hope that I taste well?” A laugh and he bounces to the side of the great woman, snipping for her flank. “I hope as well as you do.” He teases, ready to dance around in a bit of play.
the staff team luvs u
06-25-2022, 10:43 PM
^^It was a risk.

Chantico didn’t know how the viking leader would have reacted to being bitten. They didn’t really know each other well enough for her to gauge his reaction - and something about that truly excited her. A feeling that she had not been accustomed to for quite some time. So she went with it.

Would he grow aggressive towards her, and put her in her place? Would he laugh it off like the playful act it was intended as? Perhaps a healthy mix of both? Chantico didn’t know, and not knowing was exciting.

He snorted, and Chantico grinned up at him, slowly withdrawing and licking over lips. “Hm. I don’t know.. perhaps, if I could get another taste.. ” Chantico leaned forward to bite at him again, but the viking had sights set to her flank.

Oh. Oh my.

She turned towards him, narrowing her eyes with a playful smirk. She’d never played before, but this was exciting, too! She brought her two paws into the air as she bounced towards him with a playful, but mildly challenging bark.

“Now hold still.. ”
^^
the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
07-11-2022, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2022, 09:34 PM by Ragnar. Edited 1 time in total.)
Ah! There was that spark he had been looking for! Maybe too many years had passed of others either fearing or worshipping the Goddess. Those that praised her and gave her gifts, only because they wanted blessings given, wanted riches, wanted to be admired as well. Too many years that others only treated her as a godly thing instead of a living and breathing individual.

Ragnar, while very so truly believed in the gods and respected them, was not a man who licked their toes, either. He believed himself to make his own mistakes, learn from them and that the good deeds or riches that came to him was because of his own hard work, not because he sacfriced goats to the gods or prayed to them each day.

Ragnar was wonderous and very interested in the lives of the Gods that walked among Northfall, but he wanted to know them, for them not because of what they could give him or make him become.

Front paws lifted and pounded at the earth as she came bounding after him. Ragnar watched her dance about with a fluidness despite her epic size, something which could have only been mastered by years upon years of training, beyond that of mortal compass. She was a flurry of flames, the rest of her coat of pale ash and dark soot.

Never! He yells out in protest, his smaller form (compared to her own) did its best to evade her as they ran circles around one another.
the staff team luvs u
07-14-2022, 02:13 PM
^^Chantico was used to it, though; she was used to being used; used to being manipulated into giving into one’s desires. That’s all that there had been. “Duties,” they were called, but it had felt more like slavery. The answering of prayers of the pious, while others caused harm and death in the name of their god (or goddess) had grown tiring; so much so, that Chantico was now mortal, very much to her own desires.

Chantico liked a man that did not walk on eggshells around her or judge her as others might. She held no powers now; nothing abnormal about her that would strike her as being any different to any other mortal, aside from her size and overall appearance; she held the markings of a devil on her face. A joke, or a punishment for her betrayal, Chantico was almost certain.

Yet, somehow, she can forget all of this. She can forget the wishes upin gifts; the slavery; the absolte madness, as the King yells out in protest, managing to evade her as her paws come crushing down on the ground, instead of his gorgeous, cream body.

A frown upon her lips now, as Chantico wiggles her toes on the ground, as she slowly comes to look at him with the slow sway of her tail with a playful smirk. Her ears flickered as she licked over her lips with the dip of her head.

“Playing hard to get, I see.. ”
^^
the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
07-21-2022, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2022, 09:34 PM by Ragnar. Edited 1 time in total.)
“Makes it all the more desirable, does it not?” The golden king does so toy with fire, working to move around her body and reaching out to nip at her skin and vibrant furs, yet all the while aiming to evade her powerful grasp.

“We all tend to want what we cannot have.” But, as he comes to move along her side to touch along the length of her side, his body betrays his words. For indeed, if she wanted him, she could have him. Ragnar was quite the whore, to be frank. He knew and admired the beauty of a woman and sought to please them with the briming of his own desires. Who was Ragnar to tell them 'no'??

Especially when it came to one paticular red furred Goddess.
the staff team luvs u
09-04-2022, 09:39 PM
^^“Makes it all the more desirable, does it not?” It had never occurred to Chantico that Ragnar might desire her. He was able to nip at her furs, because he had just distracted her. Distracted her into thinking that he might want her, and in more ways than just another body to add to the army against the dragonfold.

He came to her side, brushing against her. Slowly, Chantico turned to look at him with the arch of her brow and the slow sway of her tail.

“Tell me, Ragnar, is this your way of telling me that you desire me?”
^^
the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
09-15-2022, 09:37 PM
He looked stunned by her question, lifting a paw to his chest snd gasping in jest. “But of course! Why would I not?” He side steps from her, looking into her direction with a quirked brow and expression which screamed 'Is that even a question rn!?'

“Your beautiful, strong and with a wisdom of many lives lived.” He praises. “But you don't need me to highlight your qualities, as I'm sure you have heard it all many times before.” And it was this, too, which drew him to her- her knowledge and all the tales beyond this mortal life which came with it.
the staff team luvs u
09-16-2022, 12:53 AM
^^He looked stunned by her question, as she had hoped that he would. The way he responded was amusing, with his paw to his chest, as he sidestepped. Here was the King of Northfall, boasting about his desire for her, and Chantico smiled, tilting her head to the side. Oh, how she could devour him.

As I’m sure you have heard it all many times before, the wise king said. It caused the goddess to smile with a chuckle, a playful tail to fly behind her. He was a wise man, a wise king, but —

Chantico turned, stepping boldly closer; an attempt to bring herself face to face with the king of the norf, leaving only inches between their faces, if she was able.

“And what does your queen have to say about your desire — your attraction to me, hm?” She did not desire to fight another for his attention.

But she already knew, for she was a member of Northfall.

There was no queen, not unless she lived somewhere else and kept hidden from Northfall.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
10-03-2022, 05:22 PM
He has caught her eye, of maybe more then just that, at least for the time being. She laughs, a laughter he always enjoyed from her and her flame and smoke tail waves with this happiness. A playful nature he is happy to pull out from the Goddess.

She comes close then, inches from his face and his tongue licks around the length of his mouth as she does so.

Then, a question, of that he does not need to question who she spoke about. “I do not recall Northfall having a Queen... have I missed out on something?” His words eased out smoothly. He would tilt his skull as though he were in confusion, all the while a grin played on his mug though he does not back away from the towering she is doing to him by her closeness.

Ragnar remembered @Serenity asking a question quite similar before. Even those that Ragnar did not share his love life with (really only Sindri) were not blind to his affections towards @Freya and so this is the one which he assumed Chantico was hinting at. Ragnar had courted Freya all through her season though he had not a hold on her when she fled beyond Northfall's borders. Freya was not his to reign in and perhaps a few knew this as well despite their connection and the children they now shared. While Ragnar knew, Freya, the Goddess of love could not be physically bound in such a manner, Ragnar did not know if she would, or even could, offer her heart to he and he alone. Something which he would like the woman standing at his side to do. To be his equal, to be his other half and he, hers. To love him and only him.

Ragnar was either a closet romantic or incredibly possessive and stupid to have such a thought. Especially with wanting such from a God. Chantico would not fight for his attention and this was exactly what he would have wanted from a Queen.

“Having a Queen would require having a wife, which I, as it were, do not. Before she can have Northfall,” As the land would be as much as hers as it would be his, “She must be mine.”
the staff team luvs u
10-06-2022, 03:06 AM
^^It had been a very bold line of questioning, but being who she was, Chantico did not shy away from the hard questions that needed to be asked. She would ask them, boldly and somewhat aggressively, without shame nor remorse, and his response to her? Alluringly curious. He clicked his lips as she approached, spitting out a smooth reply with the cutest tilt of his head.

Have I missed out on something?

Yet he did not back away; did not tell her that her line of questioning was inappropriate, that she shouldn’t be asking such things.

His definition of a queen and a wife seemed to align into one, though Chantico knew this to be incorrect from many generations of watching mortals. She arched a brow towards him with the lick of her own lips now.

“I don’t know, Ragnar, have you? Chantico would growl out the question with a narrowed set of eyes, in clear flirtation and challenge, though she would come to laugh shortly after.

“Your queen should desire you before she desires that of leadership. If you’re lucky, you might find someone who doesn’t care about booooring politics,” Chantico smirked with another lick of her lips.

“But since there is no queen… then I guess there is no one around to stop me from doing this,

Another growl, though heated this time, as Chantico closed whatever little distance they had between them to go for his neck. Biting, nipping, nuzzling; nothing to break the skin, but enough to get her point across.
^^

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
11-07-2022, 06:25 PM
Wanna fade here?

A chuckle moves past his lips at her first teasing question back at him. He wanted the Queen of Northfall to be his wife, though he was not alone in leadership as Sindri claimed the placement of Regent. Had his twin been reunited with him and he still did not have a mate, he knew he could truth her with the placement. Alas, he had not seen Freyja in quite some time and that was even before he blinked into this new world. Hell, was his family even in this same plane of existence?

Chantico spoke again, stating that his Queen, his mate, should desire him before leadership. He laughs again, when she mentioned politics. Sindri cared not of it and was far more a woman of action then talking things out and making sure 'it was okay' with the locals first. It had its good and bad points. On one end, this war would have ended long ago. On the other, who would have survived to face off even more enemies that the war would cause after?

Ragnar shrugs and in this moment the big red woman is growling again and Ragnar ducks low in a playful bow before jumping forward and around, trying to dodge her nips and at the same time snagging onto her fur whenever and wherever he could. She may have not been in her cycle, but if Ragnar got a little close to Chantico this day, he definitely wouldn't mind!
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top