Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
There ain't nothing wrong, no

Late Evening Fog
P
Nightwalkers
Hunter
06-11-2022, 06:15 PM

Another young one he began to track after Aries' girl was spoken to, the brute sought out his first daughter that was born within the mist. Through him and Morag, Lilith. The girl months ago was occupied by trying to find a stench that bothered her... and was given the task of training harder when it came to howling or doing anything of more use to him than that pathetic attempt.

As a female, she could never truly disappoint him regardless. Even offering children as she grew older would play an appropriate role as a Nightwalker. Of course... more would be appreciated, but nevertheless, a woman within their ranks would never truly be useless so long as she was a willing host. Even his own daughter, the bogeyman would think such a careless way of them. Stripping away their identity as an individual and only seeing what use they had for him.

With his blackened nose following her trail, the scent grew stronger and he would call out. “Have you found where the stench had come from after all, Lilith?” His gait slowed as he anticipated her to join him from wherever she was.

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
06-12-2022, 06:57 PM
As a rule, Lilith generally was not hard to find. If someone wanted to find her, let her be found! The world was often far too boring her for likes anyways, and she was always entertaining some sort of endeavor or whatnot. If it came to directly to her, that meant it was half the trouble for all of the entertainment — but that would be to say that there was anything to do here besides bother momma @Morag and her new clutch, and there certainly was not.

Only training, and tracking.

Vengeance found her easily enough, laying amongst the shadows of a thick birch, preening the thick raven tendrils that encumbered her every movement. But the second she ascertained the approaching figure as Daddy (his telltale scent was what gave him away, of course), she hurried to collect herself and stood up tall, tail wagging and tongue lolling — the moments with him were few and far between, and she was always seeking to impress his (what she had come to learn was a highly scrutinizing) eye.

He inquired bluntly about the rogue scent that had occupied her mind for many months. Her peacock gaze dropped immediately to her toes, which she pressed and flexed into the earth, unable to hide her embarrassment at the occurrence. “No Daddy,” she muttered, taking a short little breath to explain why, realizing that the appearance of being lazy might be worse than the appearance of being crazy. “I don’t think it was real.” It honestly took her many, many weeks to come to this conclusion, as it had all seemed so very real to her.

Lilith glanced up at her father. “No one else could smell it but me and Piggie, and Piggie’s crazy.” Does that make me crazy, too?

the staff team luvs u
Jealousy is a disease.
Get well soon.
06-16-2022, 02:46 PM
Soon enough the girl came trotting out to his call. Excited as usual to answer to her name. Though she might not be as imposing as her brothers... maybe her subservience did have some use after all. Lilith was eager to please, and that alone was a great tool to keep by his side. They could certainly find a use for the physically weak by figuring out a way to keep her occupied.

While Morag would be kept occupied by their newest litter, it was his turn to step up and watch over last year's brood and prepare them for adulthood. They were all close to their adult sizes now, but not quite mature just yet. Still having one more year under their belt before their adult musculature would come in, their hormones peeking and levelling out. There was still much growth to be done.

So the stench wasn't real after all, or at least Lilith didn't think so. So they would waste no more time with such tomfoolery. “Then it is time we discuss your role here.” He quickly moved on. “Is there a certain task you have been excelling at as of late?” One of which they could cultivate, grow and expand upon.

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
06-18-2022, 02:17 AM
His gaze was as strong as ever, looking her up and down, as if assessing her by sight alone. For a small moment the eidolon wanted to wilt under his appraisal, but she instead puffed up her chest, and pressed her feet into the earth and stood up tall upon her pinprick legs, and her tail even managed an involuntary sway or two. She wanted him to be happy, whenever we saw her — if he ever felt happy at all, she was determined that it would happen when she was present, and hopefully was the cause for it.

Father spoke shortly, wanting to discuss her role within the pack. That was fine, if that’s what he wanted — but Lilith was pretty sure she already knew what her role was, and that was something akin to ‘pretty, pretty princess.’ Over and beyond that, Lilith really hadn’t thought about it too deeply. She knew about her own inner strengths and weaknesses, but as to how those skills mattered to the pack? Perhaps it was her still-youthfulness to made her so vainglorious, but it just seemed like her being alive was the blessing in all of this. All the other supplicants in the Nightwalkers were there to do all the other stuff.

Such an answer would not do for father, so the raven girl pawed at the ground and answered “I’ve been working on my tracking, like you said,” endless days scenting down anything and everything she could: prey animals, her brothers, her mother; sometimes just following scents to their origin just for the fun of it. “But…” she muttered, looking down at the earth, knowing what her probably wanted to hear. Lilith had to admit, that whatever he wanted, she wanted too. “I want to be formidable,” she admitted, looking up towards him then, thinking how this was one of the best descriptors for him. “A force to be reckoned with.” A small smirk graced her lips of braided, black licorice.

“I want others to be afraid to cross me,” because others were afraid to cross him, and as far as Lilith saw it, that was the cradle of his success.

the staff team luvs u
Jealousy is a disease.
Get well soon.
09-04-2022, 02:39 AM
Lilith was a strange one when he compared her to the rest of the Nightwalker whelps. She was mostly smiling and bright despite that certain darkness that lurked deep within her. She would be dangerous in her own right one day should she decide to hone in on it instead of whining as much as she was - but to her credit, she was working on more things nowadays than he had seen before. As she said, she was tracking more these days which hadn't gone unnoticed.

With a hum on his lips as she continued. Formidable. That was unforeseen as an answer coming from Lilith... then again, considering her mother. “You are Morag's daughter, I am certain it can be done.” He wasn't thinking that she wanted to be like him but more like her more dangerous seductress of a mother. “Have you started practicing with your brothers yet?” After all, that's what siblings were for. To train with, improve, get stronger as they wrestled and tussle with to prepare for the adults as they age and can stand up against the beatings that would come with their training.

the staff team luvs u
09-06-2022, 07:22 PM
It's been agreed OOC that would be the outcome of the thread I linked, though it didn't get there IC ♥

In truth, Lilith didn't know what she wanted. She was a creature the operated entirely upon feelings and emotions and whims, never before having to pay any sort of consequence for any one of her many actions. She followed whatever she believed made her feel good, which most of the time, meant pleasing her parents and giving them everything they asked of her.

It wasn't her fault that she had such shitty, bloodthirsty parents.

But that was never how Lilith was going to see it, so it pleased her greatly when he said that she could be like her mother, with some further work. Lilith tried to stymie any expression of pride upon her face, keeping herself stoic and unmoving. "Yes," she answered his next question with a breathy exhale. Honestly — no, not much. The serpent spent much of her time alone; tracking alone, practicing alone, spending entire days lost in tasks that matter nothing to the world other than her. Maybe that's why she did it. 

"Goliath told me about the task you gave him, about Edith," she grimaced for a moment, wondering if that had been secret, "but I haven't seen her in a long time." It had been her biggest tracking challenge yet (despite the mysterious, wafting scent that was only evident to her nose), yet it continued to elude her. Lilith wouldn't go so far as to call it a failure, but she definitely was open to her father's skilled input. Whatever he would do, she would do.

That's what kids were for.

the staff team luvs u
Jealousy is a disease.
Get well soon.
scroll to top