Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Group Only
Ooh~ Could you take a look at me

Morning Sunny/Clear
Group Only
Adventurer
Nightwalkers
Labyrinthian
06-09-2022, 10:32 PM
Looking specifically for @Madmortigan - takes place a day or two after him meeting Nymeria and Galene

He returned to the Roots out of curiosity. Though the women had been... interesting, it became apparent soon enough that neither truly had a say of what went on with Labyrinthian. He had yet to meet the elusive figure who planned to run things around here, but he had made no effort to hide that he'd been "snooping" - as Galene had so eloquently put it - around the place. Of course, he never crossed a border or went to hunt around their claimed lands, but he made sure that his scent was outside their territory so anyone who was curious could come and follow him.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
Formation
06-10-2022, 12:32 PM
 A new scent mingles with the slowly strengthening borders of Labyrinthian land.

Madmortigan is meticulous in his patrols, coming upon the stranger early. Cloaked in shadow, he smells strongly of others, a domineering scent with sharper notes than that of Elkshire's ungulate musk.

“Greetings, welcome to Labyrinthian. How can I help you?” For he was a servant to all wolves, particularly himself.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: unknown.png]
— thank you hanna! <3
Paladin
06-14-2022, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2022, 02:16 PM by Almight. Edited 1 time in total.)
Strategist

An ashen ear twists the opposite direction than the one he had been heading, large skull following not soon after when a voice called out for him. His brows raised as he smiled ever so slightly, giving a polite wag of his tail before speaking. “Ah - another Labyrinthian.” He smacked his lips as he tried to think of something to share that wasn't immediately to push his goal, at the same time looking the other over. He hadn't met a male labyrinthian before - this meant he could strike one of his theories about their new neighbors being some type of matriarchy off the list of possibilities. The large Rache stood but a tad higher than the other, but still it brought him comfort. He supposed his father's genes were good for something.

“I am Almight - Scion of the pack that neighbors yours to the Northeast. I have come seeking audience with the Labyrinthian leader - hmm, would that be you, by any chance?” He sure looked the part, being older than even his old man if he was any good at guessing someone's age. Older wolves usually did not seek to follow those younger than them, and the ladies he'd had the pleasure of meeting were about his age.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
Formation
06-20-2022, 02:46 PM
 The stranger was structured like a statue, all solid stone and looming presence. Madmortigan pricked his ears with interest. 

“You've found what you're looking for.” He replied. “I am Madmortigan, Harbinger of the Labyrinthian order.” 

Galene had told him of a wolf cloaked in shadow hailing from another neighboring pack, Nightwalkers. He assumed Almight was the same man she'd met, this hunch further supported by the fact that the stranger didn't smell like deer. He was certainly making his rounds. 

“We are honored to receive a wolf from Nightwalkers to our door.”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
Paladin
06-20-2022, 06:44 PM
Strategist

And so he'd been right in assuming him the Harbinger - how nice to finally see the man behind the operation after going through two other faces to get here. One of them had done their job well, as Madmortigan already knew of the Nightwalkers. At least, he assumed Galene had stuck to her word and informed her superior of his plans to meet with him to talk about a possible alliance he would personally oversee.

“How wonderful it is to finally meet you, Madmortigan.” He gave a sideways nod in formal greeting, then proceeded. “You seem an apt gentleman, therefore I won't beat around any bushes - save us both an afternoon.” He gave a charming smile. With his age, he probably didn't like spending long on anything - what with so little of your life still left in front of you - but he only really deemed the man very old because he was young himself still. “I would like to hear more of your plans for the Labyrinthian order, to see if an alliance between our respective packs is possible - perhaps even mutually beneficial - if, Sir, this idea pleases you as well, of course.”

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
Formation
Visionary
06-25-2022, 03:32 AM
 “On a base level we want what all packs want - stability, camaraderie, and a safe and prosperous place to call home. But, those of Labyrinthian recognize that to be wolven is to be divine. We strive to meet our full potential, to better ourselves with knowledge and skill. We raise up the Wolf, for the wolf is all that is holy.”

Madmortigan stared back at the other male and considered his proposition. “Tell me of the Nightwalkers. And tell me of yourself.” He did not make alliances with strangers.

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
Paladin
06-28-2022, 03:13 PM
Strategist

“How interesting.” He replied. Given the display of brutality on one of their members for merely trying to help someone that wasn't a Wolf, this was perfect. Vengeance had strong opinions on the matter, and it seemed the two older males were on the same page. Almight's own views on the subject didn't matter, he represented the Nightwalkers right now - not himself.

“It seems our Warlord - Vengeance - shares your views on the divinity of wolven kind.” He started. Though they were not a pack of scholars, they did work hard towards one goal. “We pride ourselves on our strength, and our numbers. The Warlord is busy building and training an army - to protect our newest generations, and to lay claim to surrounding territories.” He told, leaving out all he thought was wrong about their entire operation. The truth was they were ruthless, criminals banded together to take pleasure in the obscenities and violence the warlord allowed. Yes, they were violent, not strong. Strength was something else in the young Rache's eyes.

“And I am our diplomat, eldest son of Vengeance. I earned my position by being our messenger, and a reliable hunter for many moons. The Warlord does not believe in charity, or general laziness. He can be hard on me, but it is for my own good.” He said with a stern nod and a slightly raised chin. He spoke with conviction, and well-earned pride.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
07-03-2022, 06:49 PM
 Almight articulated well for his warlord. 

“Your pack sounds like a truly powerful coalition.” It was indeed something to congratulate, and something to be wary of. 

“And as Nightwalker's diplomat, what kind of alliance do you wish to forge with Labyrinthian?”

The Harbinger could, and would, propose his own terms, but he wished to see what the other had in mind first - a small test of ambassadorship and will.

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
Paladin
08-25-2022, 08:04 PM
strategist - also sorry for the late reply, summer vacay and all <3

“That is high praise.” He commented in a rather soft tone given the giant's general stature. Though most praise should go to the Warlord, for forging such powerful alliances and convincing even Almight to fight for him, the young Rache did feel like some was reserved for him. He was no stagnant piece of the operation, he was an active participant in the game for the throne the Temperate held, held empty as the lands were new and anything could happen.

“An alliance forged in blood - our kind believes it the strongest of the sort. A deserving Nightwalker could, when the time is right, mate with an equally trusted Labyrinthian to spawn those born of two worlds. As our mission relies on new members, hatching a generation of wolves who would both stand for Labyrinthian and the Nightwalkers sounds mutually beneficial - and an official courtship could invite good relations between the members of our respecting packs.” He proposed, keeping quiet on the part where he thought he himself was that deserving Nightwalker - though it took no great intellect to figure that's what he was getting at.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
08-29-2022, 10:57 AM
 A small smile quirked at the corner of his lips. “And have the Nightwalkers chosen a trusted wolf for the honored job?” Madmortigan inquired, violet eyes catching like amethysts in the clear morning light. 

An alliance forged in blood and bonds and broods. The Harbinger raised his head, giving the darkly cloaked figure a nod of affirmation. “Let us move forward and forge a deeper bond.”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
Paladin
09-03-2022, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2022, 07:23 PM by Almight.)
strategist - Feel free to wrap up, or perhaps we can start a newer thread where Al asks him if Nike is available for this plan?

The stormcloak smirked a bit shamelessly then. “I mean, I am the highest ranking male after my father. However, if I am deemed unworthy by you or your subordinates, there is one other who's been given the Warlord's blessing to mate.” He somewhat doubted a man as reasonable as Madmortigan would pick Aries over him, given the other was hot-headed and far less professional in Almight's somewhat biased opinion. It was no secret he quite disliked the fire-coated man, even moons after their initial meeting.

His ears perked and he gave a satisfied wag of his tail as his plan was approved.

the staff team luvs u
Caution! 3-3-3 character
09-12-2022, 09:53 PM
sounds great! I have threads going with Nike and Ven too, so for sure let's get this all finalized \o/

He let his amusement shine through a slivered crack of his stoic veneer. “I look forward to seeing where this takes us, Almight. I'm sure we will speak again soon.”

fin

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
scroll to top