Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Make your girlfriend mad tight,

AW
Elkshire
Labyrinthian
Adventurer
06-09-2022, 09:46 PM
@Warwick had mentioned of a group claiming to the area. It had been some time since she heard anyone of even attempting, vaguely remembering long ago how there was rumors of some settling within the mountains, but never had found them. The only packs that remained within the temperate were Elkshire, Nightwalkers, and finally the Pantheon who seemed ever-so recluse that even her scout came back with nothing — not even about Minthe. Yet their borders were strong, but another could venture in.. It was strange indeed, perhaps she'd send a message to Vengeance about it, alongside of some other inquiries.

The thought of another pack within the area was an upmost curiosity, and was ever-so-thankful she gave the little duke more powers to expand his claim as a heir. The fruits of her labor was coming through where the use of her kin would show — she just hoped those who ventured away, would then return.

Venturing beyond the river, they were close. Enough where lands divided them but close enough for a neighbor, had to be relatively new, at the very least while she was tending to her 2nd litter. She could smell their borders, albiet slightly weak it was enough to be claimable, and tresspassers to be wary so. She hummed lightly, coming to edge of their land and gently so..

Howling for their leader (@Madmortigan).

the staff team luvs u
Formation
06-09-2022, 09:59 PM
 It's an expected beckoning. 

Heeding his neighbor's call, the Harbinger emerges from the underbrush, a two-toned shadow. The little prince works quick. If anything, he has to admire them for their efficiency. 

Standing before him is a regal she-wolf, younger than he expects but no less confident. “Welcome to Labyrinthian, Queen Déorwine. It is an honor.”

the staff team luvs u
[Image: unknown.png]
— thank you hanna! <3
06-09-2022, 10:44 PM
She was amused quietly with the overgrown badger approaching ; though by so she assessed rightly he was the leader of this group her son discovered. Already though he knew of her, and she smiled devilishly at so, "My, my son must've mentioned us. I am Celnes Deorwine, Queen of Elkshire." How strange it was to be referred to by the last name, but it did in-fact tickle her fancy. A silent reminder that it was true, she reigned over the Deorwine family that was once within hundreds, then lost to the flames. And she, stood her grounds within the realm of primordial, as it's currently ruler, and matriarch, of the family, "a pleasure to meet you."

Which were against both white and black that he both displayed.

"He mentioned of a new pack claiming nearby."

the staff team luvs u
Formation
06-10-2022, 12:39 PM
 Madmortigan dips his head politely, giving her the respect a queen deserves. “A son and a daughter - I had the good fortune of meeting Edith and Warwick both.” 

With a subtle swish of his tail, he invites the chocolate queen towards a small copse of trees inside his borders with lush grass beneath it. Ever the gentleman, he waits for her to sit first. 

“Yes, we are the Labyrinthian order. We've claimed the Roots, for this is where my sister and I were born again by the grace of the Wolf.”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
06-14-2022, 03:25 AM
"Both of them? Ah, I have many children you see. They recently become wanderlust." Older now and soon to be of an age, it was hard to believe in just short of a few moons theyd be fully around a year. The seasons come and go, and she couldn't believe it had been so long since her reign. Far longer then the previous one, and this was of her own making. The ranks were tustled lightly and changed to suit a more desirable whim of the Queen, in another realm, was named a King. But after so much confusion it was settled to dub her as three, of the 'royal female nature,' that so many others do. Though couldn't be denied she somewhat missed the title she yearned for so long.

"Do you have an objective to breach for more territory?" She raised a brow alongside her smile, an asking of knowledge of their claiming whether they wanted more. More that was rightfully Elkshire's and Nightwalkers she so thought, even with the desire of conquering of the other pack ; but Celnes did not mind playing nice if they too did.

Perhaps even an alliance could be brought. She ignored the 'grace of the wolf,' for many strange individuals came to the south. Her own, some would say was a cult as well.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
06-20-2022, 03:08 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2022, 04:57 PM by Madmortigan. Edited 1 time in total.)
 The queen did not waste time, brushing aside pleasantries in favor of business. Madmortigan considered her question as he sat down, violet eyes studying the bronze and chocolate matriarch. 

“Presently, no. Our territory is enough to sustain us, though as our numbers grow I will take heed to what resources we require and will expand when necessary. Tell me of Elkshire and your ambitions. I know we are quite close to one another.”

A narrow stream and arching stone bridge were all that distanced the two territories.

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
Adventurer
06-21-2022, 05:40 PM
Two wolves on opposite spectrum in every sense of the day. One carrying white and black with eyes of amethysts, while the other was of browns and those like pumpkins. Both in the sort of cults, although one cared more to the look of colors, while the other cared for the superity of wolves itself. She didn't know it at the time nor' did she care. It mattered not as long as there was some sort of understanding between the two, for their own activities were each to their own. To strive for ambition and power, or else why would she have accepted such an alliance between a man who ate an elk right before her eyes on that fated day, so long ago?

"Elkshire is wolves who live closely to elk and deer. Just beyond that river." She lifted her muzzle to point behind her, a small indication just how close they really were.

In a smile and talk, did the two leaders come, "We are of similar thoughts of lands.. Perhaps we can work out some sort of, collaboration, to not override each others lands, yes?" An hinting of sorts that maybe a relationship could be formed, as slowly Celnes own ambitions would go forth. She wanted to venture further into the mountains and plains for exact deals like so, but alas she was too busy, and needed too much time within the temperate. Although that was the risk of a Queen giving birth.

She was quite pleased with @Warwick discovering these wolves.

the staff team luvs u
06-27-2022, 12:39 AM
 “That certainly sounds agreeable. The Labyrinthian order will respect your boundaries, as I hope you and yours will do the same with ours.” Common courtesy, a good start as far as alliances were concerned. 

But Madmortigan continued. “And as a gesture of good faith, I will instruct my wolves that should they be hunting an antlered creature on our territory, we will let it go free the moment it reaches the river, so long as it gets that far.”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
06-27-2022, 07:38 PM
She smiled, "ah, an agreement then. I do appreciate that as well, although would never force our religion upon others." In a good faith as so, she respected such a man who wouldn't venture hunting further once the elk crossed. She wondered if the herd would learn so, that such boundaries to be respected and that there was a 'safe' zone for them.

"Perhaps our packs can mingle more, for a better relationship or even an alliance altogether." Just as she invited the Nightwalkers long ago to but a celebration of life, perhaps another could be put into place just to invite this pack. Would it be a look of desperation to simply ask for an alliance now? Celnes couldn't be desperate or within an hurry, despite such a wanting occurring.

Although, the cards were on the table.

the staff team luvs u
07-04-2022, 04:49 AM
 “I would like that.” The Harbinger ventured with a nod. “But will you begrudge being a friend to a pack led by a man with my coloration?”

An absolutely ludicrous belief, however, he could not deny Elkshire's strength, and as privately laughable as he thought their belief system was, Célnes had a stronghold here. 

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
07-04-2022, 05:03 AM
"Ah, so my young has mentioned of our culture more." Although surprising, she didn't turn away at such and chuckled lightly, "it is our belief those who are white.. Are more likely to stray to the path of wickedness, but who is to say what that wickedness is? Betrayal is of that, but you do not seem like a man who would twist his promises so easily, no?"

The damnable white could mean many things. All those who carried that color, have in every way ; betrayed her so. She views the coloring as someone more likely to betray her trust, as all who she let in one way or another seemingly broke her bit by bit. Others may see it as those of murder and grotesque ways.

Family and white, at the moment does not mix. But the man before her of white and black, and a leader? Who is to say that it would cost as much.

"We all have our own beliefs, but it should not get in the way of an alliance."

the staff team luvs u
07-04-2022, 05:11 AM
 To his credit, he listened without interruption, rapt with interest to hear her flavorful doctrine. 

When the elk queen had finished, Madmortigan rose with a convicted nod. “Very well. Let us be neighbors and friends.”

and fade?

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
scroll to top