Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
< but its not enough >

Midnight
AW
05-26-2022, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2022, 10:24 PM by Sagittarius. Edited 2 times in total.)
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

True to the essence of her birth, Arius found herself influenced by the nocturnal skyline. The stars thrummed life into her at night, and she soon found her creature comfort in roving the forest like a celestial nymph.

She glided through the thicket, heading straight for where stars could smile at their own reflection. Seeking the crystalline waters to hydrate her palate, with plans to find a vulnerable creature soon after. She found herself in luck, really, with abounding herbivores here in the depths of the forest. Sloth-like and bloaty from a full day's worth of grazing, they were susceptible to any claw or damaging jaws come nightfall. 

Her tongue pierced the faultless water surface, stimulating it to send patterned ripples racing across to the other side. Ah, nothing better than finding a water source that didn't taste like complete sewage.

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
06-01-2022, 10:02 PM
The temperate was full of all sorts of wolves, and even other fauna that could speak so. Miriam in particular was taking more time to see what it all held ; but was avoiding some of the packs within the area. She was waiting to maybe catch another to gauge their friendliness — for Miriam was taught well how territorial others can be, and it'd be wise on her adventure to treat with a caution, and respect to not only their territory, but their borders as well. Thus she would, but couldn't deny a curiosity and a longing to their lands and wolves itself.. She could only sigh, and look upon their lands.

As she avoided so and roamed the temperate, she found herself by a stream. The lands were coated in forests and connected by the various rivers and streams that were around. One would nearly think it was an isle itself, but it still was connected closely to plains, as a large lake ends the triumphed river. As she grazed to one of the streams, and dipped her head for a drink ; Miriam could see she was not alone.

"Hello there," the maiden greeted the other woman.

the staff team luvs u
06-16-2022, 03:56 PM
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

She lapped at the refreshment, coating her lips and flicking droplets down the fine whiskers of her chin in the process. Her eyes lazily swept at the surroundings in front of her, searching for anything to occupy herself as she quenched her thirst. And all of a sudden she locked eyes with a silver female, Arius held their gaze across the water even once they spoke. 

The stars were above, it was midnight, and two strangers were caught in an eye-fuck across a lake. 'Well, isn't this romantic?', she commented, hushed enough that it was only meant for her musing, but loud enough intentionally so the other girl heard it. 

'Hi', she sat up and smiled. Ever the trickster in luring others into a false sense of security with herself. A queen viper at heart, yet it was never quite so obvious to the simpletons that believed her - many a puppet upon her strings of lies, in the end.

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
06-16-2022, 09:12 PM
She raised her head, and laughed lightly, "It is," and agreed so. A charming night where the two woman bathed under the moon beside Ophelia's river ; it was a lovers dream to do. Especially as the fireflies slowly came out and dances between, giving only a gentle look to see the truth of view on the other. They were so dark, but even then Miriam could see they were graced by golden lines and eyes just as blue as the river before him.

"It's a beautiful night," Miriam commented.

the staff team luvs u
06-17-2022, 05:02 PM
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

A judgmental but amused brow rose at the other's answer, and a sly smile grew along her lips at the latter. 'Oh, you won't find romance here with that pick-up line, baby'. Arius was being gentle, she always sounded a friendly wolf though, choosing her subjects wisely with a symphony of tests. A beautiful laugh then effortlessly fell from her lips but only for a moment. Using this time to raise herself and move closer to the dark pearl.

'If you are here for small talk, though, tell me your name'. The smile remained, here to ooze a warming welcome to the night stray. And Arius sat once more, this time facing the dame and not the water they recently drank from, as though the new woman held only her attention. Blatantly ignoring the winking stars above, the stillness of the lake and the dancing fireflies and their pathetic efforts to entertain the two - she was no longer interested in anything else.

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
06-17-2022, 05:25 PM
She was older, though her words smooth and sweet like that of honey dripping from its comb. She knew not why but it felt like she was being enraptured by the other, a seductress of the night to teeth one who knew nothing of so, and Miriam could only smile and confess, "I'm afraid I do not know such ways." Although wouldn't it be nice if she met the one who would enchant her? Like any maiden, she too dreams of a wonderland of romance where someone will sweep her on her feet, and a day to eventually settle down and be beloved. Except now, all she does is want the wayfaring life.

"I am Miriam," she greeted warmly back, "Miriam Iris Willows." A slight bow of her body of a repsentation of a more welcomed time, a lovely moment to meet the other, "and you, mistress of the night?"

the staff team luvs u
06-17-2022, 09:04 PM
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

Arius always gave such an air of confidence, she thought she was untouchable, but it showed in the least self-centred of ways. She was comfortable in her skin. Radiating with an intensity akin to Aphrodite herself. And she thought all women would also embrace their own inner goddess.

'You don't need to', she spoke nonchalantly to the moon princess, Arius' eyes sparkled with intrigue. 'You are very beautiful. And that's all you need'. She held the other woman's gaze for a second, smiling, giving the impression she was flirting for a fleeting moment. It wouldn't bother her if it made the grey lady uncomfortable - she spoke frantically and openly.

They were presented with an elongated name and Arius gave a small laugh, 'That's quite the mouthful. I'm Arius. The stars above gave birth to me only a few days ago. I must've done something wrong up there to deserve that. Or maybe I've done something right? What do you think?'.

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
Visionary
06-19-2022, 06:04 PM
"Your words are of an elegance. Pray tell, where did you come from?" With each movement she spoke was of a pinnacle of grace and memorization. A goddess of the making that Miriam would think she was a sprite from the river if not for the pungent smell of another wolf basking in the air. Her words would many wolf blush, she could even feel her cheeks grow warm with a blush of a flirt she is not so used to, especially, by a woman altogether. Those of The Orchid, she knew not if flirted or not, for within the time Miriam was upmost so young, and none tried to court her during those times. She left, before that part of romantic history could even be attempted.

As she spoke and Miriam listened, she gave a moment of thought before answering, "this land had also whisked me here without another thought. I believe it is but the Goddess's way of a new beginning for all her wolves, or perhaps a mark for their history that was destined to. The stars are within your field, Arius, I would think not it being for a punishment." A confidence as she spoke, for surely the other was not brought to this beautiful realm just for a mere' punishment. The Goddess was not so cruel, although..

The power of darkness was an unknown entity.

the staff team luvs u
06-20-2022, 10:02 PM
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

The cogs of her assessment were gently coiling in her mind, trying to read Miriam, gauging her, inhaling their aura and evaluating their trust.

Arius blinked slowly, listening to them, and she laughed softly at their countered compliment. But all the while, a very knowing twinkle touched her blue irises. 

'I think I smacked my head far too hard when I arrived. So, unfortunately, I can not tell you', she offered the lilac dove a weak smile, feigning her sadness as though the reality of not knowing her past devastated her. She couldn't care less. She was seeking their pity, targetting the strings of their pretty little heart.

Arius remained as entranced by the woman, with a lingering gaze that spoke silently of her amorous interest since this is what was achieving her manipulation. Her vines were slowly reaching out to the female, twisting and gnarling their way over to her. 

But a confident charm still stroked at her words, 'You're a sensitive soul, aren't you?', they had spoken to her with such finesse and philosophy, that Arius was not the type to rival, but she smiled at their belief, masking that hidden agenda that already made her think hippy.

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
06-23-2022, 07:26 PM
"It seems as if the land truly desires to give you a new beginning." Miriam thought if the Gods so wished to punish the other, then her memories would be intact, to live and regret so.. Although, Miriam firmly believed that the Goddess was not so harsh. Perhaps to renew her life and any shadows she casted, her past was to be erased for a hopeful new beginning, and new attempt before a new darkness takes hold. She smiled, brightly so, heavily in thought of such a new beginning to unfold. This land, was just that.

Although she knew not of the snake that Miriam was currently facing. All she saw before her was a woman of sweet words and allure like no other, a way she made the strings in her heart hum like a harp, "I'm not sure," she so admitted. Was she sensitive? She tilted her head with a humful thought, "perhaps I am."

the staff team luvs u
06-24-2022, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2022, 09:31 PM by Sagittarius. Edited 1 time in total.)
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

Her nocturnal philosopher raised a notion that struck a chord in her conscience. 'Well, I like new beginnings', she hummed, pensively and deceitfully. New starts were always favourable in Arius' arctic eyes. And she rather hoped she gained a new one with her sweet little dove. 'Maybe I'll quit calling them assholes up there for hurling me out of the sky'.

Their smile only persuaded her own to stretch out further, as though an unsung harmony was sewing the pair together. One was deep in thought of their goddess and deity, and the other already knew they could lean on this harmless, and foolish, Selene.

A firefly, in that brief moment of pause, fluttered silently onto the grey woman's cheek. And Arius' eyes for the first time then reluctantly tore away from the pearlescent whites of the creature that took all her undivided attention. Watching the cascading wings settle, she leant in, lifting a paw in all a sedate motion, wanting to obtain that trust by keeping her movements as relaxed as could be and then using the soft brushes on the back of her obsidian paw to gently stroke the fly away. Her eyes met Miriams all the while as she pulled back again.

Arius was seeking that final nail in the coffin. To seal something unspoken. Whether it was acquiring a lover for the night, or immorally using another in light of being treated as a friend. It was theirs to choose from. 'I think you are', words were with uncut confidence, as though she were convincing the other woman of the fact.

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
07-08-2022, 04:28 AM
"You seem like an enchantress of the night. I do not believe the Gods would cast such a divine in forsaken ways." The way they moved and the spoke, even to the paw that glided near ; something about her was exhilarating to the maiden. She knew not of these feelings except for something that allured her so about the other ; drew her in as a companion of so. Something that wanted her to stay near for the meanwhile and learn more about the other, but almost felt it was tempting to forbidden waters.

"The night is here, perhaps we can find a place to slumber." Although she says so, it was all in an innocence. A complete way of two woman to shield themselves from the outdoors and dangers, to fall asleep in the wonders of a garden of eden. Her mind was not within temptations or devilish thoughts, but more of not wishing just yet ; for her to draw away quite yet.

the staff team luvs u
07-10-2022, 05:35 PM
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

They hadn't been startled nor recoiled at her gamble of affection, and a victorious smile highlighted this when she had achieved ridding the pest. Arius' eye remained glowing and entranced with the flow of Miriam's words, a feigning touch she become proficient in, making it near impossible for Miriam to believe any mal intentions would come from her. 

She could feel the pull she wanted to gain, could feel her curse gnawing at their innocence, yet Arius wasn't going to deny a good time if this was what the night was leaning toward. She wanted a friend more importantly. But if her flirtatious truths or myths were what gave Miriam a feel-good, then this is what Arius would offer. 

And then there it was, a paw reaching out to take Arius'. The woman was too kind for her own good. But who was she to warn them? The Medusa wasn't even close to needing her sleep but was not about to refuse an opportunity. 'You can lead the way, Iris'. Already preferring the dove's second name to their first, since they hadn't voiced a preference to her.

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
07-19-2022, 01:26 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2022, 01:26 AM by Miriam.)
"There is a cave that provides cover, upon the mountain — and lets you stare at the stars all night." As they were relatively close to one of the mountains a travel too was not that far, and thus she offered so. To gaze upon the sky together within a cave seemed a pleasantry of a blooming relationship ; a friendship Miriam yearned greatly for toward the other and knew not why she wanted it more strongly then the other. Although with so she would dwelve to that selfishness, just a bit as the other allowed so — all until they would depart to the next morning..

And maybe see each other again.

But to enjoy the night, the moonlit wolf would turn and smile ; a leading toward where but a pleasant dream would be.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top