Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Group Only
I'm Not A Man, I'm A Weapon In Human Form

Sunset Snow
Group Only
Northfall
Ecologist
05-25-2022, 05:29 PM
After spending all day in the moors, waking up early to miss the morning hustle and spend the rest of daylight eating little morcels of rodents in the moors and gathering some herbs for any medicine they may need for general wounds, maybe even colds considering the weather here, the once dragon returned at sunfall in hopes to be left alone the same way he had left.

Though he had no problem with the Northfall folk - he was still concerned with how they would treat him. He had pledged his allegiance to Ragnarr and his pack, forever turning his back on the cowardly Vendrussel, the child murderer - but would they see that in him by now or just a simple spy here to overthrow from the inside?

After all, it was just his word Ragnarr could go by.

With a bundle of greens in his maw he walked as silently as he could, which meant little considering how unfortunately heavy his gait was.

the staff team luvs u
Visionary
05-25-2022, 05:57 PM
Eirene had doted on her entrance into Northfall for not nearly as long as she should’ve. She believes that she truly found a home, but she wasn’t exactly comfortable yet.

The snow covered mountaintops were her favorite, she had to admit. The way that they whispered through the tundra, throwing down heaps of snow here and there. The pang that pulled at her heart was the responsibility of Primrose, worried about his wellfare.

She barely even noticed the man that stood a few paces ahead of her. His coat was the color of the falling snow, mouth full with herbs a plenty. Her head would turn, curiously, approaching him. He smelled of Northfall descent, so she wasn’t entirely worried.

”What are you collecting?” She’d ask with a smooth voice, ears perked toward him.

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
05-25-2022, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2022, 01:27 PM by Aarkron1. Edited 1 time in total.)
Not expecting someone to come up to him, Aarkron's expression wasn't quite ready to be inviting, even if with some time it wouldn't help all that much either. An unprepared sharp stare was tossed over his shoulder to watch the inquisitive woman approach, and he couldn't help but observe her for a moment.

A simple beauty really. Earthen tones with hints of red that popped out of her coat drew the eye.

“Schives.” Chives he says without spitting out the herbs from his mouth and instead chooses to talk with his mouth full like some heathen. “Nmeed schome?” Surely she only came by because the lovely young woman needed something from him.

Eirene - he wondered if she held a grudge against him for that time he found Primrose before she did... perhaps she was furious he scared the child shitless.

the staff team luvs u
Visionary
05-30-2022, 01:41 AM
The albino male's expression was surprised as Eirene had spoken to him, the glossiness of his eyes causing her to smile lightly, tail swifting back and forth. He spoke to her, face scarred to which her eyes flickered to, curious in its nature. She shifted her attention to the herbs that blocked his speech, the words coming out muffled. 

Eirene's gaze fell upon his stature, large and muscular, and perhaps a unrequited scowl on his face. She chose not to think much of it, even if she took it a bit personally...thinking that he was bothered by her presence. "I'm quite alright, Aarkron, is it? You were...the one who found Primrose, weren't you?" she'd ask kindly, pupils dilating with wonder and awe. 

If he were the one to have found young Primrose, she offered him anything she could offer. The Gods had taken their penance from her, stressing her with headaches from the sunlight, now she needed to thank the man personally who found the pup. Even if he seemed...mean, uninviting, and overall...scary-looking...he deserved gratitude of some sort. Perhaps maybe even a story of where he got those scars.

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
06-05-2022, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2022, 06:23 PM by Aarkron1. Edited 1 time in total.)
The woman was well-spoken. Soft. From her tone, words to even the expression she gave, the one who he knew were named Eirene from just days ago after finding her ward wandering their lands, was everything that exuded feminine grace.

As she refused his herbs and continued to speak, he would eventually settle the pile down at his own feet to speak without a mouthful. His movements weren't rushed by any means as he let her finish before catching her sight again.

“I am.” His answer was curt by nature. Cutting to the chase before his dual eyes roamed anything that wasn't her face before continuing himself. “I wasn't actually going to hurt him. Just a little scare.” He wasn't sure what the lad had told her, or even what it was she assumed when coming up on them men questioning her little one.

the staff team luvs u
Visionary
06-15-2022, 12:50 AM
Eirene watched the man put the herbs down in a pile beside his feet. He had been busy, no doubt. Eirene had no aversion to tackling the medicine field, but she had devoted her life to worship as is. She knew the meaning between that choice, yet she still would bow to a pedestal for lordship.  

She the thought it to be rather peculiar, yet in an aspect, cute the way the way his mannerisms were. He seemed so cold, so unapproachable on the outside, however came across as someone kind. Quite the oddity indeed, but it definitely caught Eirene's eye. At the mention of Primrose, her eyes grew a bit, thankful that she had gotten a moment alone with the man who had found her adopted son. 

"I thank you then, Aarkron. Truly." Eirene dipped into a bow, exclaiming him with the highest amount of gratitude that she could offer. "I am in your debt. Whatever you need, just ask." Her smile was solemn and honest.

When he mentioned his reassurance that he wasn't going to hurt Primrose, she'd quietly laugh. "He was quite frightened by you, I'll give you that."

the staff team luvs u
06-17-2022, 01:47 AM
Not me making sure pretty Eirene has a nice avatar to look at

@Ragnar and @Freya had truly only been the kind members of Northfall since the Dragonborn had joined their ranks. Even those who didn't know of his previous allegiance seemed keen on giving him attitude or some kind of cold shoulder (granted your face my man, doesn't help). Now Eirene could be added to that very short list of those he didn't feel the absolute need to turn and walk the other way the moment their eyes met.

“Just doing my job.” Naturally he refused her debt. Never would she find him barking at her door to collect it so long as they both lived. Packs would be strange if that was how members acted with one another. She could do with it as she pleased, but it wasn't something he would hang over her head.

While she laughed to herself sweetly, he couldn't help but soften. Even his stern expression melted as the wrinkles that seemed to always have a home on his face faded ever so slightly. He even smiled while the man's guard dropped ever so slightly. “I seem to have that effect on others.” He teased offhandedly to himself. He could even bet she had the opposite effect on others than himself, seeing as he was already feeling far less tense than usual.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top