Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
The Bare Necessities

AW
05-21-2022, 03:27 AM
He had somehow found himself joining a pack, one that he didn't entirely mean to do but in reality he didn't mind. This would be a time for him to learn more about the place. He had only seen a little about @Vendrussel's pack but this one seemed so different already. Still, even as he carried the title of the pack, he didn't sleep there. No, he had a place he called home and no sort of experiment within a pack would change that. 

For days on end, the man would leave his pack, finding his home in the hollow and staying there. Of course, every time he went back to the pack, he would bring food or flowers, but that wasn't home to him. This was one of those days that he left the packs lands, indenting to be gone a few days at the least. Sure, he liked Harper and wanted to learn more about her, but he also fancied the dragoness from the west as well. At least here, he could hide out and not have to worry about a possible cat fight between the two. 

He hardly knew either of them well enough to choose one or the other, so he didn't see anything wrong with learning about both of them at the same time.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#27ae60]
  • French [#669900]
  • Spanish [#66ff00]
[Image: d455c721-6913-11ed-be62-138f42b8ade7.gif]
05-21-2022, 06:33 AM
"Ah, fuck." In the midst of the fields of flowers — was Vendrussel.  She climbed to the mountains and dwelved into the scents around, the flowers and the beauty — wanting to remove some doubts and thoughts within her head. An anger, that rushed, and the place was a great way to temporary escape of it all. She would be back, at least.. She thought. Somehow one way or another, the Alpha fell asleep in the midst of it all.

She had no idea how many hours had passed since then. She was up in a daze, sniffing lightly and looking around with a few petals that flaked her fur, and shook them off lightly.

the staff team luvs u
05-22-2022, 01:50 AM
He had been moving to his spot, a field of flowers that he enjoyed laying it, when a familiar sound caught his attention. He sniffed the air and looked around and, sure enough, laying in his field of flowers was Ven. He found himself chuckling slightly, watching her with amusement. He sat himself down at the edge of the flowers, only about a few feet away from her. He remembered how she snapped at him last time, and didn't want to overstep. So instead, he sat down away from her, still watching her but giving her the space that it seemed like she needed. 

He didn't seem angry or hurt from their last encounter, though he was annoyed that he wasn't able to find whoever hurt her. Perhaps he could learn more about what happened back then, but he also didn't want to pry. It was a delicate balancing act that he wasn't sure if he would succeed in.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#27ae60]
  • French [#669900]
  • Spanish [#66ff00]
05-24-2022, 02:59 AM
She hung her head low and sighed deeply, before raising it dramatically and turning toward Vincent. She could smell him at any time, though now his scent continued to hang heavily with another group, "You live with Elysium, yet why do you hang within the hollows?" She couldn't help but ask, for if she found one of her own packmates so far away on days on end, she would question such a loyalty, or reason for them to stay within the pack itself. It couldn't be denied she questioned his loyalty.. Though he seemed nice enough that surely it couldn't be.

Then she turned her gaze to one side, and another, "I'm sorry I snapped at you. I will not say why, but you have my apologies."

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
05-24-2022, 03:30 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2022, 01:17 AM by Vincent. Edited 1 time in total.)
The man chuckled slightly at her question, not surprised at her question as he turned to look at her, a small smile on his features. "I ain't always da well in packs. Dens and whatnot feel ta closed off 'nd cramped. Harper asked meh to join ta learn herbs 'nd dats what I'm doin'." He cocked his head to the side slightly, studying her features for a moment. His own was neutral if not curious, no ill or malicious intent could be found. "I will only stay wid a pack for someone I care for, but I don't mind helpin' out when I can." He cocked his head to the side slightly. "I've noticed dat 'ery pack's culture 'nd way of life is different 'nd I'd like to learn more where I can." He really just wanted to learn more about different cultures and ways of life in the long run, and experiencing it first hand was the best way to do so. 

He nodded slightly towards her, a small smile on his features before he shook his head with a chuckle. "No need ta 'pologize ma'lady, every queen gets her chance ta lash out. I ain't mind bein' da punchin' bag. Leadin' takes hard work 'nd must come with it's stresses." He cocked his head to the side slightly, thinking for a moment before speaking up again. "I would love ta learn more 'bout ya pack if ya let me one of dese days. Promise I ain't never plan ta spread any word ya ain't want spread."

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#27ae60]
  • French [#669900]
  • Spanish [#66ff00]
05-24-2022, 04:26 AM
A familiar name popped up, "Harper is a medic? She seems like a warrior." A rather surprising twist, but perhaps show to not judge a book by it's cover in a literal sense. The russian woman was large, in charge type. She spoke friendly with a diplomacy and yet her strength looked to be of use elsewhere. It was amusing to think of seeing someone so large with brawn on picking daisies and so. Though maybe.. She should ask her to lend some medical knowledge, for Dragonford was lacking in true medics. All of them, were superficial knowledge. 

She waves her paw, "I don't like the title of Queen, nor' treat someone like a punching bag when there are other ways to release an anger." Though.. She wouldn't mention how already was that released due to a man she challenged, and lost to. Behavior earlier was but a sore losers attitude, one of being sick of the world itself. She wasn't shameful of that moment, but had wished to sleep a long, long while afterwards. Vendrussel did not.

"I cannot allow non-ford members to come upon the land. But you are free to ask what you desire." To ensure relationships, she was open to what may be. Originally rather secretive, to even the name itself and now.. Was lacking the care to, at the point enemies flown around and so they too would know their name. She would rather have Dragonford be well-known in name within friendliness, then of evil.

She smiled rather lazily.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
06-06-2022, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2022, 01:16 AM by Vincent. Edited 1 time in total.)
The man chuckled slightly at her words about the large female, nodding slightly as he spoke. "I gotta say I tought da same too." He would fall silent as he listened to her, eyes watching for with a small smile. It was odd to see her so calm and carefree, but it was something that he enjoyed. If only it could always be like this. 

He found himself chuckling slightly at her words, shaking his head. "Well ya sure as butiful as a queen." He was a charmer, what else was there to say. He just hoped that she wouldn't be mad at him for saying that. Nonetheless, he found it true and the fact that he almost couldn't take his eyes off of her seemed to mean a lot to him. 

Nodding to her words, he would smile slightly again, eyes still lingering on her. "Dats 'aight. I would just love ta learn more 'bout ya and ya pack."

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#27ae60]
  • French [#669900]
  • Spanish [#66ff00]
06-08-2022, 03:45 AM
Vendrussel laughed lightly, "You'll break your future wifes heart if you keep your tongue that way." Though he assured in compliments like that of a bachelor, and knowing he was — someone one way or another would eventually get hurt, she mused lightly. Vendrussel would not be amused if her eventual mate as well continued on with so.

"What do you want to know?" She yawned lightly as her flickered.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
07-06-2022, 01:15 AM
Her words made him chuckle shaking his head slightly. "Well considerin deres only one woman dat I'm 'nterested in right now and she is standin in fronta me, I don't tink I'll be breaking any hearts. I only flirt wid dose I'm 'nterested in." He would breeze past what he said, figuring that she wouldn't talk about it much though he did keep the bait there. Instead, he would cock his head to the side slightly. "You call yourself Dragonford, what exactly is a dragon?" He had never heard of a dragon before, though he enjoyed the sound of the word at least.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#27ae60]
  • French [#669900]
  • Spanish [#66ff00]
scroll to top