Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Devil’s Playground

Late Evening 86° F
P
05-18-2022, 02:19 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2022, 01:24 AM by Vira. Edited 2 times in total.)
Since that day, she couldn’t remove the contagious itch left behind by a certain male. His presence lingered just within the depths of her subconscious. Small images peaking through whatever she would be doing at that moment. And as always, Vira found herself wandering into claimed territory. Much like she had done when finding her dearest sister.

So now wasn’t a big difference. Except for the thought of dying, of course. A smart wolf wouldn’t have just stepped onto lands known to be marked by others. Not saying that Virgo didn’t have an ounce of knowledge. She just… couldn’t give a flying fuck.

The moon guided her through the desert. His scent heavy and easily guiding her in the direction to which she figured he’d be. Her coat cleaned and freshly groomed. No longer did blood cake her hind leg. Only leaving a small limp to her steps and a carcass hanging from her mouth. Despite the fact she came here to give him a piece of her mind, it didn’t hurt to bring a peace offering in case he was in a foul mood.

Vira wasn’t dumb and knew perfectly how to play her cards right.

@Satan
the staff team luvs u
She’s The Type Of Flower That Can Still Grow After A Forest Fire.
Misc Skill
05-27-2022, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2022, 04:12 PM by Satan. Edited 1 time in total.)
The man had been outside of the cave, washing away the blood that had kept him from burning in the sun during the day. Now that the sun was setting on the sandy hellscape, he didn't need it anymore. Walking out of the water, he would shake his fur off, sending water and wet blood flying around him. 

The familiar scent caught his attention and he looked around for a moment, noticing the woman from before. It seemed she was just as interested in him as he was of her. After all, why else would she purposely walk into the brute's lands?

"Planning dinner with someone?" He asked, his voice deep and strong, using his snout to gesture to the food in her mouth. It certainly seemed more than just for herself.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 594e2082-689d-11ed-b829-057c57b7de88.gif]
05-28-2022, 06:41 PM
She scuffed at his words. ”A peace offering and a thank you.”

Vira was actually grateful for him stepping in. Her face happened to be all that she really had that was beautiful. Unlike Leo who’s fur and features were beyond gorgeous, she didn’t get much of anything except for her personality. If Sovereign did manage to get ahold, Virgo wouldn’t have known what to do.

”You saved my face. So, here.” She nudged the carcass in his direction. The dead fawn still fully intact led except for the small puncture wounds within its neck from nearly dropping it on her way here. ”It should not have been so easily for me to walk onto your territory. No patrols?”
the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
05-28-2022, 07:11 PM
Moving to meet her, he would glance down at the prey, a small smirk on his face. He did quite enjoy enjoy getting gifts, regardless of the reasons why. His shoulder was still wounded from the attack, but the bleeding had stopped, leaving just an open sore. Not that he seemed to care, it wasn't like he hadn't gotten in enough fights throughout his life. 

Sitting himself down, he would gesture with his head towards the food. "Join me." He said simply before starting to eat. Dinner was always much nicer with another. It wasn't until he heard her next words that he started to laugh, a deep rumble in his chest. "I'm the main patrol. I would love someone to try and do something." He grinned rather sadistically at the thought, clearly loving the idea of a challenge of any kind. 

"Not many find there way here and those that do aren't as equip to handle the harsh life here." He would glance over at her, a small smirk on his face. "Are you?"

the staff team luvs u
05-31-2022, 04:28 PM
”Nothing phases me. As you can see. Life is what you make it. I bluntly take that life and tell it to kiss my ass.” She shrugged her shoulders and leaned down to take a bit of the fawn. The meat still quite fresh with a bit of warmth. But, perhaps that was due to heat of the lands. ”I do not take shit from anyone. I don’t give a fuck who it is. Sovereign was a sucker. She’s weak. A true woman does not attack their enemy from behind, but in their face. It gives them time to react and attack as they may. That bitch needs a leash and fast. She has no respect for you. You spoke one word and she continued her assault. Nothing but a mere puppy who needs to be punished and made an example of.”

Vira’s tail flicked against the desert floor. Sand sweeping from the mild attack. She never held her tongue and spoke her mind with ease. Not caring of the consequences because she knew fully she could hold her own. The male had allowed one is his wolves to pull a move that went against all. Something that rubbed her the wrong way. Did they fight unfairly here? ”If I was queen of these lands, I’d make sure that no such things happened like that again. Actions deserve consequences. Not a tap on the head or a simple wound.” She eyed him for a moment. Observing as he took in her words. Only then did she return to their shared meal. Ears pulling forward to hear whatever he had to say in response.
the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
06-01-2022, 03:48 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2022, 03:48 AM by Satan.)
The man would remain quiet for the most part, listening to what the woman had to say. Normally, he wasn't one to listen to the bitching and moaning of others, caring little for what others thought. But at the same time, she had brought him food and he was quite interested in her, so he figured he might as well see how her brain worked. It wasn't until she spoke of being queen that he would raise an eyebrow, intrigued by her bluntness. After a few moments though, he would chuckle and speak up, looking up at her. 

"Don't worry, she will be getting what she deserves for that little show of disrespect. I do not allow my members to show disrespect to me like that. She can either fall in line, or she can leave. That goes for everyone who joins me." He would cock his head to the side slightly. "And don't think I didn't catch that comment of queen. Unfortunately though, queen is set for whoever I choose to take as a mate if I ever choose to settle down. However, those that choose to lay with me and stay within the pack of their own free will do get rank and power within these walls. The only one they need to answer to is myself." He kept his message and offer clear but simple.

the staff team luvs u
06-05-2022, 03:00 AM
An eyebrow raised, but nothing else was said. She kept feasting on the meal before them. The occasional ear flick to ensure she was still quite present for their conversation. ”I do not rule under anyone. It isn’t my style. My attitude would clash too easily and I’d be punished every time.”

The bland beauty knew all too well how her personality was. Her attitude was no better. In a home like the white male, there would be constant battles. Like the one had between Sovereign and herself. More wounds would decorate her body.

Each day would be a problem due to the nature of her bluntness. Vira knew many did not accept the way she spoke the truth. Disregarding how anyone felt. It was why she did not have friends or a mate for that matter.
the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
06-08-2022, 04:42 AM
The man raised an eyebrow at her words, though he couldn't help but chuckle at them. "If you don't want to rule under anyone, then the only way you'd work in a pack would be making your own. However, I don't see why anyone would punish you for speaking your mind. If anything I prefer when my members tell me whats on their mind." He would shrug slightly. "The more they speak, the less likely they are to quietly make a coup." 

Moving closer to her, he would attempt to place his face hear her neck, sniffing in her scent if she allowed it. "In my pack, everyone has the chance to do what they want, though respect is earned with everyone, regardless of rank. You don't even have to stay forever, perhaps you can just stay the night?" His offer was clear, a small smirk on his face as his eyes glinted slightly with mischievous.

the staff team luvs u
06-08-2022, 04:53 AM
His presence so close to her own caused a shiver to travel from where he’d sniffed. She couldn’t remember the last time a male pleasured her. Took away the lonely feeling of lust that lingered just beneath the surface.

Vira tried her best to hold back a tremble as if a cold breeze had nipped at the flesh beneath her coat. ”I will decline your offer. You mentioned the females you’ve lay with. Which means more than one. I will not be added to those numbers.” She could feel her body curse at her. For once, her pride held her back from doing something she knew would be a huge regret.

She finished left of the last bite she’d taken and stood. A slight pain in her back leg letting her know it was time to rest. But, she refused to do so here. ”I’ll show myself out.” The bland beauty said nothing more. Giving the male a once over; before, shuffling away from his closeness.
the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
06-08-2022, 05:00 AM
The man heard her words and stifled a chuckle, moving away from her as she shuffled away, stating something about leaving. He would let her leave, though would call out to her as she walked away, a possessive growl deep in his voice. "I'll watch you walk away for now, but I promise you that one of these nights, I will wake with you by my side." He had his eyes set on her and wasn't about to just let her leave unscathed. 

Laying himself down, he would turn his attention back to his meal, finishing it up. He had no intentions of heading back home just yet, but for now he would stay here, watching the night progress. Whether or not she responded or stopped was of no concern to him now. He already had a plan in mind and he would deliver on his promise later.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top