Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Group Only
Built to destroy

Sunset Sunny/Clear 76° F
Group Only
Demonia Empire
05-16-2022, 10:12 AM
@Reign primarily, but open to the other Empire members too! Located maybe about three or four miles South from the Hiraeth if that's doable?

Valkyrie had woken up a few hours ago in the grasses.
In the middle of piss-fuck nowhere. 
The soldier therefore spent the past three hours simply wandering, sniffing and exploring the area. 
​​​​​Some part of her wanted to be confused, but the majority was overruled by a lack of care for whatever had come before this place.

Silent and imposing, Valkyrie sniffed the incoming air. 
There were other wolves on the wind. 

The soldier rumbled softly and looked southward, vague interest in her vivid purple gaze as she watched for the incoming party. Currently, there were maybe a few large specks in the distance, but nothing else she could see. They might've been trees or rocks, but she was...unsure, as of the moment, thus the machine stayed her paws and simply observed.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
05-19-2022, 11:46 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2022, 05:10 AM by Reign. Edited 1 time in total.)
Reign had since returned from the desert and was now scouting ahead of her group. Looking for their home, a place they could settle down and start raising their Empire in full swing. She has managed to skip past a pack boarder but made sure to take a mental note of where they were living. She was glad she went alone, it made her move faster, in and out of the trees, and then through the open plains. Her swollen belly made her look less threatening to strangers and made it less likely anyone would attack her. She was smart and strategic, even if someone did try, she could handle her own.

She was in the open when she spotted them, a wolf in the distance. An earth-colored wolf, with brown, black and red. She lifted her head and squared her shoulders, this could be a good chance to gain another member for her empire, either as a Citizen or another Sidi. She kept her purple eyes on the wolf as she drew closer. 

She stopped a bit away from the wolf, close enough now to fully take in the strangers appearance, It was another woman, and she was a few inches taller than Reign. She sat and tilted her head at the stranger. " Are you lost or do you just enjoy being about in the middle of no where looking aimless?" 
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

Warning: Reign is prone to random Fits of Rage and Violence. 
*Creole is allowed minor PP of her, as well as open to join any of her threads unless otherwise noted* 
05-20-2022, 11:56 AM
Valkyrie watched in stillness as a woman approached, black and white with eyes purple like her own. 

She sat, and made an inquiry. 
The Machine hmmed in a gruff tone, hinting at a voice that might be gravelly in some way. 
"Lost. Woke up here." She responded in a semi-thick Northern accent.
"I, Valkyrie." She added after a pause.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
05-20-2022, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2022, 05:10 AM by Reign. Edited 2 times in total.)
"Lost. Woke up here."

Just like most she’d encountered it seemed like a majority of people had found themselves lost and found here. Her children would be natives, but she too had awoken here. It was a pattern. “Welcome to the club. Seem just about everyone is lost around here. Not many have different tales when it comes to finding themselves here” she shrugged

"I, Valkyrie."

Reign was curious about this woman. It was rare for anyone to speak so little. And with children on the way she needed as many able bodies to build her home. Perhaps that is why she was about to offer the girl refuge instead of slavery. Or it was the curiously.

“I’m Reign, Viscountess of Demonia, Come with me, We shall take you in as our own. So long as you can follow my rules and obey my commands you shall have a good life within my Empire”

She stood up again. “I offer it only once, some follow me north or stay lost. It’s entirely up to you Valkyrie”
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

*Creole is allowed minor PP of her, as well as open to join any of her threads unless otherwise noted* 
05-20-2022, 09:06 PM
Valkyrie was impassive as Reign commented upon the normal of this world. Lost, all of them. 

Then, an introduction. Reign, Viscountess of Demonia Empire.
A title that sounded important, information she'd tuck into her back pocket for later. 

Then an offer.
Refuge.

After pondering the invitation a little, Valkyrie would give a firm nod in acceptance. 
"I will come." 
the staff team luvs u
Formation
05-20-2022, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2022, 05:10 AM by Reign. Edited 2 times in total.)
“I will come”

That was all Reign needed to hear, a sly smirk slid across her face. As she stepped towards The girl. “I’m glad to hear that, by joining us you are free to do as you please, so long as you obey. Because the price of not obeying is steep my dear” she turned to the north.

“Let’s get moving northward, I have a good feeling that if we go north we shall find our new home”

With that she started walking in the direction of the Hireath. She didn’t look to check if Valkyrie was following or not. For now her mission was to find their new home.

I think that if you wanna post with them finding the Hireath next that would be fine. And would get them officially to the Hireath so they can start marking borders <3

the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

05-20-2022, 11:24 PM
Valkyrie listened as Reign spoke more, especially about not obeying orders. 
"Such is the way of things, then." The Machine rumbled softly in response. An agreement. 
For now, in Valkyrie's eyes, Reign had yet to earn her loyalties, but she had faith that in time that would fix itself. 

Swiftly, Valkyrie followed alongside Reign, sniffing and roaming a small distance. It was upon reaching a cluster of trees that the Shieldmaiden almost fell into the Hireath, which was so well hidden from the sheer suddenness of the drop. 
Stopping at once, she flagged her tail briefly and gestured with her muzzle, 
"Here?" She would call to Reign, lowering her tail as she returned her gaze downcast into the Hireath, where the sound of trickling water echoed.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
05-21-2022, 04:22 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2022, 05:11 AM by Reign. Edited 1 time in total.)
Reign was starting to get exhausted, each day her belly swelled more she found herself tiring faster. So when the other woman stumbled but caught herself on a hidden domain Reign was delighted. She made her way over to the newest member of her Empire and looked down.

"Here?"

Reign took a good look around. It was hidden well, anyone who didn’t know it was there would likely do the same thing Valkyrie had. Some may even fall, it could be a perfect home.

“Let us find the entrance first, this side is likely the cliff edge of it.”

With that she moved toward the right, walking along the side of the Hireath until she found a field of flowers and the entrance. She tipped her head back and let out a howl for Valkyrie. A summons. Before she began to descend into the Hireath.
the staff team luvs u
05-23-2022, 12:01 AM
Valkyrie nodded once as Reign spoke of finding the entrance to the place. 
For th moment, she stayed put, but upon the summoning howl for her, she galloped until she arrived, slowing easily beside the Viscountess. 

Quickly, the Shieldmaiden looked around, analyzing, before she descended with Reign into the Hiraeth to explore it, see if it was suitable to call theirs.

Going further in, she noted the plethra of foliage and moss and vines, alongside the multitude of trickling water sources and what seemed to be a stream flowing in the stones under their feet, though maybe it was simply runoff from the other streams infesting the place...
the staff team luvs u
Formation
06-07-2022, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2022, 05:11 AM by Reign. Edited 1 time in total.)
Reign took note of the temperate first. It was a comfortable temperature within the Hireath. She could hear the soft crashing of the waterfall deeper in. Meaning the air wouldn’t be dry and hot. So far it was seeming well enough.

She continued further inside. Feeling the grass turn to stone and moss and every now and then felt the trickle of water beneath her feet. She was pleased. It was secluded, well insulated and had its own water source. She couldn’t have asked for a better place to raise both her children and her Empire.

“Valkyrie, welcome home.” She turned and looked at her citizen. “Welcome to the Demonia Empire.” She Growled out triumphantly.

She went further noting the highest ledge and making note to explore that later. Eventually she came to the waterfall and the small pool it formed that quickly turned into streams. She noted the fish inside. It was indeed perfect.

“Valkyrie it’s time to call the rest of our people home. And begin setting up our borders. But first I need to rest.”
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

06-13-2022, 05:09 PM
Valkyrie followed just behind Reign's flank, following as a silent sentinel while the two explored the immediate inner workings of the Hiraeth.
She too noted the sound of a waterfall further in, absently also noting the change of flooring from moss and grasses to water, stone, and back.

It was when the Viscountess turned and said welcome home that the Shieldmaiden waved her tail once. 
Then, the menton of it being time to call their people homeward.
But the Mistress needed to rest too, before they began setting up borders.

"I call them?" The berserkir asked, intending to clarify if her Viscountess meant for her to do it or not. 
She would wait for an answer before doing anything.
the staff team luvs u
Demonia Empire
Formation
06-17-2022, 02:28 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2022, 05:12 AM by Reign. Edited 1 time in total.)
"I call them?" 

Reign shook her head, It would be helpful to have Valkryie to call their people, but since the viscountess had just recruited her, she doubted any of the others would come to her summons alone. 

"We shall call them together, so the call is stronger. And so they know that it is i who summons them home" She stated simply before standing up. 

"we shall go back up and call for them. It'll be easier to hear us that way." 

With that reign turn and made her way back up and out of the Hireath. Stopping just outside of her new home. She looked to make sure Valkyrie was beside her and then she threw her head back and howled, Loud and Clear. 

It was time to unite her people.
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

06-24-2022, 04:57 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2022, 04:57 AM by Valkyrie.)
Valkyrie nodded once as Reign said they would call together.
Allowing the Viscountess to raise her voice to the wind first, the Shieldmaiden would toss her head back and add her howl to Reign's, in hopes to summon their packmates to the scene, and, finally, home. 

so sorry for shortness!

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top