Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
I love the way you move

Evening Sunny/Clear 78° F
P
Paladin
05-16-2022, 07:08 AM
@Satan here we go! <3

The warqueen found herself bored and also daring this evening. 
After prowling around on a long patrol, the Deputy decided to seek out Satan. Upon finding him, she'd attempt to sneak up on him, out of sight.
If she succeeded, she'd say:
"Date night?" In a suggestive, fervorous purr before launching herself at him, fangs aiming to find purchase upon the King wherever she possibly could.

A crazed laugh escaped her lips as she went - game on.

Note for Berserker points going to this spar on Nyra's end!

the staff team luvs u
This is my art, and it is dangerous 
Paladin
05-16-2022, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2022, 07:52 PM by Satan.)
The man had been resting, laying in his den near the front of the cave as usual, his head down and his eyes closed. He caught the scent of Nyra only moments before she attacked him. However, instead of retaliating as he normally would, aiming to kill whatever just attacked him, the scent as well as words that followed made him stop his initial bloodlust. 

A quick chuckle escaped his maw as he felt teeth against his shoulder. "No holding back." He spoke gruffly, more deep and gravely than usual as he had just woken up. Quickly, he would aim to slam his shoulder into the ground, hoping to push her into the ground as well and make her release the hold on him. Even as he spoke about not holding back, he didn't want to kill her and made sure that she wouldn't be hitting her head off of the ground.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 594e2082-689d-11ed-b829-057c57b7de88.gif]
Paladin
05-17-2022, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2022, 06:31 PM by Nyra. Edited 1 time in total.)
Nyra found firm purchase on his shoulder, barely hearing his words as he aimed to slam his shoulder into the dirt.
The Warqueen would dislodge just as fast and aim her fangs for him again, going for his ribs with her teeth in an effort to get him on his fuckng feet.
To truly engage.
A bloodthirsty cackle as she did so, after all, what was wrong with spilling a little blood?!

Her heart thrummed in her ears with the thrill, almost makimg her deaf.

Berserker

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
05-19-2022, 07:57 PM
The man couldn't help but chuckle at how willing to fight she was. It was exhilarating to say the least. As she moved away, he would quickly push himself to his feet, now ready to attack full throttle. He saw her aim for his side and he would move slightly before pushing forward, giving her a shoulder to attack instead. 

He would aim to attack the side of her neck, though careful not to go after her throat. Blood was okay to be spilled tonight, but he wasn't aiming to kill her.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
05-20-2022, 11:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2022, 06:32 PM by Nyra. Edited 1 time in total.)
The Warqueen would take his thrusted shoulder to the nose with a muffled yip. 
Then he was coming for her neck-! 
Nyra's gaze glittered wildly as she rounded to meet him as head-on as possible, aiming her mouth for his own in an effort to lock jaws with his own. If that didn't work, she was certain she'd hit something close to the original mark. 
Perhaps his cheek? 
What bliss!

Berserker

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
05-27-2022, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2022, 02:21 PM by Satan. Edited 2 times in total.)
Points towards Berserker 

He noticed she wasn't holding back and that made him chuckle, though himself, he would hold back just enough to not try and kill her. After all, he did enjoy her so killing her would certainly be counter productive. He saw the jaw lock before it happened but still pushed his attack forward, both of them catching the other's jaws. With a snarl, he would try to shake his head, hoping to cause damage to her though not trying to break her jaw. Dislocation was certainly an option though. 

His ears pinned and eyes remained narrowed, keeping them both safe from attacks that could cause real damage. His hackles raised to make himself larger, though he didn't really need to be too much bigger as he was already a rather large wolf. Still, it would add some protection to his neck.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
05-30-2022, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2022, 06:32 PM by Nyra. Edited 1 time in total.)
Their jaws locked.
She shook her head as he did his own, pressing her chest to his and trying to wrap her thick forearms around his shoulders.
She wanted to take him to the ground, to pin him underneath her.

With a sharp huff she would try to jolt him to the side with both teeth and legs, to see if the effort would be rewarded.

Berserker

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
06-08-2022, 07:28 PM
He could tell what she was doing and wasn't about to let that happen, even if it harmed him more. Widening his stance with his legs, he would push against her as she tried to flip him, using his own body weight to push against hers. With a grunt, he would attempt to push them both forward, hoping to slam her off of the side of the cave wall. Even in a spar, he wasn't one to fight 'clean' just as he wouldn't be mad if she did the same. 

If she hadn't thought of him that way, then let this be a lessen to her. Even in a spar, one should never assume the other person will fight fair because that's how you lose.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
06-12-2022, 02:45 AM
Berserkir points note

Nyra Shuffled slightly as Satan adjusted his stance. 
As he widened his, she did so to her own, and pushed back against his weight to try and keep them both centered chest to chest.
The Warqueen would also bite down harder on his jaws with her own, since they were locked together in the moment.
She expected hm to do the same, and with the effort she would also try to shove him backwards, since the move to topple him failed.

He was good, she'd give him that.
the staff team luvs u
06-18-2022, 11:07 PM
The man growled low as she bit into him, getting quite tired of the jaw locking. So, instead of continuing to bite down, he would try to rip himself away from her, not caring how much flesh and fur that she took with her. If he was able to pull himself away, he would use his back legs to stabilize himself as she pushed against him, backing away slightly. He panted softly as he did so, lowering his hackles as he signaled the end of the fight. For now at least. 

Knowing them, they would certainly be battling it out again. Not that he minded, it was quite fun to do. "Good fight, you're quite the warrior." He chuckled as he spoke, not really caring about the wound on his own body.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
06-20-2022, 08:33 PM
1 more Berserker note lol

Nyra growled loudly as he ripped himself away, ready to go in again with a bloodthirsty gleam in her eye.
She wanted more, more blood--

But she forced the bestial wants away, and backed off as he lowered his hackles. 
She did the same, licking his blood from her lips. 

"I pride myself in my ability to fight." She answered with a wave of her tail.
Looking away, she muttered audibly "Not so bad yourself." 
With that, she would look back at the King and observe the damage she did, to see how bad it was. 
If it was too bad, she would offer to treat it to the best of her ability. 

If not, then no worries, right?
the staff team luvs u
07-07-2022, 12:25 PM
He chuckled softly at her words, nodding his head slightly in understanding. He also had much pride for his fighting abilities. Silently, he would lay himself down, not bothering to lick his own wounds or ask her to do the same. They were moderate and slightly bleeding, but he didn't seem to care. 

"Now that you've beaten me up, the least you can do is join me for dinner." He chuckled softly, gesturing over to a carcass he had in the back of his den.

the staff team luvs u
07-13-2022, 02:40 PM
Nyra offered a chuckle as the tyrant invited her to join him for a meal. 
She accepted with a wave of her plume, prowling a few steps toward the carcass before she paused to wait for Satan to join her, or lead the way, whichever.
the staff team luvs u
07-18-2022, 04:34 AM
The man would chuckle and move to lead the way, heading not too far as he delved deeper into his den. He had a rather large sized den, claiming it for himself. Thankfully, quite a few within this cave were decently sized, but he chose to keep the one right at the front.

Moving over to a half eaten camel, he would gesture his head for her to join in as he began to dig in, watching her for a moment as he did so.

the staff team luvs u
07-25-2022, 03:35 PM
Nyra nodded a couple times as he motioned for her to dig in as well, beginning to eat from the exposed flank of the camel. 
She was mindful of his gaze, offering a brief glance of her own his way before she resumed diving into the carcass before them. 

"So, what are our plans?" She asked absently around a mouthful of flesh. 
"Like, with other packs, ourselves, et cetra..." 
the staff team luvs u
08-09-2022, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2022, 05:18 PM by Satan.)
The man glanced over at her, cocking his head to the side slightly. For a moment he would shrug before speaking up. "For the most part, I want to lean more about the other packs, gain allies where I can and grow ourselves. I want the desert to be ours." He would lay himself down after speaking, relaxing as he waited to see what her own response would be.

the staff team luvs u
08-21-2022, 04:17 AM
Fade here? Sorry if it's too sudden!

Nyra took in his answer, offering a few nods of acknowledgement before she let out a large yawn after swallowing her mouthful of food. 

Why was she so tired all of a sudden?!

"I...don't know what's come over me, but I'm exhausted. Let's finish this talk another time, yeah?" She muttered with another yawn, before starting to drag herself to her own den.
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top