Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Shade for the Lemon Tree

Afternoon Sunny/Clear
P
05-14-2022, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2022, 06:54 PM by Lemon.)

Paws pressed against the sand, it was loose against as she walked along the dunes. Had she managed to get herself lost again? She was certain she followed those directions that the crow gave to her a few days back. Then again… knowing her she may have made an accidental turn in the last few miles. Perhaps if she could back track, turning to see the pawprints she created get whisked away in the little breeze the desert had to offer. She frowned to herself, well… this was certainly something she did not expect to be happening. Trudging forward, the sweltering heat clung to the female’s darker coat. Eyes of green and gold would scan the horizon, seeing nothing but sand for miles. She settled on her back end, wondering if her optimism would leave her stranded just as her saliva did against her tongue. No… she was determined to see this through. Besides, perhaps home was just around the corner waiting for her.

Shifting back on all fours she trudged onwards, tongue falling against out of her maw as she panted. Her paws began to grow numb with the warmth of the sand and soon enough her body demanded rest. Wondering how long the sun would stay up for, she halted her presence. Ears folded downwards as she contemplated what her next step would be. She had thought by now she would be greeted with the necessary resources - like water by now. Her go-to attitude began to fade along with her desire to move forward. Perhaps a short break would give her the ability to continue on. No use in trudging the lands without a plan and being exhausted would not help her situation - if anything it could cause the vultures to snatch her up quicker.

Moving the layer of hot sand away, she dug further down in the dunes until she felt the coolness of the sand below. Burrowing her body inside of the sand, she curled around herself. Eyes continuously on alert, this new surroundings could be dangerous for someone like her. Small physical appearance would blend in with the tanned sand around her. Perhaps someone would come along… eventually… maybe…

“ Gosh darn, Lemon, whatcha goin’ ta do now.”

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
05-14-2022, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2022, 04:15 PM by Satan. Edited 1 time in total.)
The brute had been doing his typically rounds, checking his boarders when an unknown scent caught his attention not far from his borders. Sure, they weren't in his lands yet, but if a poor soul was in the desert, they either had a reason, or they were lost, both of which were good reasons for Satan to go see. 

He was used to running on the ever shifting sands, something that was quite easy for him now that he called this wasteland his home. Thanks to that, he moved swiftly, quickly and easily finding the creature against the golden earth. Slowing to a walk, the man would move closer, cocking his head to the side slightly as he took in her scent. A she-wolf? Interesting. He would lick his lips slightly as he walked closer, aiming to place his snout into her neck, determined to get more of her scent. 

"What is an earthen child like you doing in no mans land?"

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 594e2082-689d-11ed-b829-057c57b7de88.gif]
05-14-2022, 11:04 PM
The warmth of the sun against her back and the dampened soil of the earth began to lull the she-wolf to sleep. Flecks of gold with green would disappear behind hooded eyes, and then eventually get lost behind her lids. Had she thought this to be a good idea, no. Lemon was too tired to remove herself from the comforts of her make-shift sand den. It also helped with easing her mind from the stress of finding water… instead her dreams became lively within her mind. Her breath deepened until a soft snore emitted from her maw as the she-wolf slumbered. At first her ears would swivel at the smallest sound but, much like her father once she was knocked out there was nothing that could sway her from her slumber. Shifting her body into a more comfortable position, ears pressed to her skull as the softened breeze picked up against her cheeks.

Her snores became more avid, showing just how tired she was from her journey. Dreaming about what had happened back when she existed on the earthly plain. Gumbo - her crush - had emerged to take her away as one of the farmer’s goats lay against the ground dead. She snuggled up to him and she swore she could feel him physically. Pressing her maw upwards she nibbled against Gumbo’s ear not realizing that she had mimicked her dreams to the male who had found her. Sighing contently she reached out her paw to press against Satan’s neck, drawing him closer to her form as she snuggled into him. Her tail wagged behind her, until her nose got a whiff. Wait a minute… Gumbo sure ain’t smelled like that.

Eyes instinctively pushed open as she grumbled, instead of the dampened black and brown hair of her ex-lover she was greeted by stark white. Her nose pressed against the male’s own as she was quick to pull away. Still in her dream-like state as well as the dehydration, her paw pushed upwards to smack the male in the face, “ I ain’t dreamin’ no more… Unless.” Her paw pressed against the male, pushing back his jowls and revealing the sharpened teeth underneath, “Well, I’ll be… this sure is a realistic dream unless it’s uh… one of them mirages. Oop this is how Uncle Jimmy went - it may be my time too.” He spoke… wait what.

Pulling away she moved to rub her eyes, sniffing at the male once more. She did not think she was crazy anymore - if anything this was actually happening. Her ears flew upwards as she pushed her petite form up on all fours, “Gee mister, I sure am glad to see you. I am a little lost…”

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
05-14-2022, 11:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2022, 04:15 PM by Satan. Edited 1 time in total.)
He was sure that the heat had gotten to her, or perhaps the lack of water. Either way, she wasn't too far from the grave. Perhaps he could use that for his advantage, to persuade her for what he wanted. However, he wanted to see if she would be able to be persuaded rather than him having to use force. He had no problems doing so, but perhaps he would try another approach.

As he nuzzled into her, he found himself chuckling slightly as she nuzzled back, though he was sure it was her not knowing what was happening. However, he certainly wasn't expecting her to push her paw into his face. Confusion crossed his features as he stood there, letting her push against him. As she spoke about not dreaming, he would chuckle softly. "You ain't dreaming, I'm very much real." 

It didn't seem to take her long to pull away and stand up, though he was still very confused about this whole interaction. Still, he would chuckle deeply, his voice gruff and low as he spoke. "You've found yourself in the lion's den. If you're looking for water, follow me." With that, he would turn to leave, entirely confident that the woman would follow him. Or at least, he hoped she did. If she didn't, there wasn't a way she was going to be leaving.

the staff team luvs u
05-15-2022, 12:18 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2022, 12:19 AM by Lemon. Edited 1 time in total.)
"You ain't dreaming, I'm very much real."

As the realization settled in, Lemon would try not to look as embarrassed as she felt. Perhaps if she would just crawl further into the sand she would just die from what she had done. As he laughed in her direction, she tried to play it off as if she knew all along that of course he was real but… that only made it seem worse. If she were coherent and she just stuck her paw in some random male’s mouth - yup blaming it on the heat. The southern belle would simply look upwards in shock, not understanding the situation in which she was in. All she knew was that if he was kind enough to give her directions out of the desert she would be more than happy to repay him somehow. She was skilled… well… she was unsure exactly what she was good at in terms of providing him something valuable.

She had to look up at the male in order to fully be able to see what he looked like. Unique was an understatement - he was quite appealing to the eyes. Exotic would be a better term and he seemed to know where water was. Removing herself from the grave she had dug herself she stood next to him. Just now realizing the height difference and sure enough Lemon did not think twice to judge his character or intentions. He spoke of this place being the ‘lion’s den’ did that mean there were felines afoot. Oh goodness! She was certainly glad he came along to warn her and after fulfilling her desires for water she would ask for directions.

Gladly she would walk on, following close beside him as her orbs of mossy green and gold caught his own of the softened pink. It reminded her of cotton candy from the fairs that usually entrapped their homelands once or twice a year. Her tail wagging, “ I am Lemon, a pleasure ta meet ya… erm… What’s your name mister?” She also wanted to properly thank the male in assisting her.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
05-18-2022, 04:10 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2022, 04:15 PM by Satan. Edited 2 times in total.)
There seemed to be something terribly wrong with this girl, not that Satan seemed to mind too much. It would certainly make her easier to control later on. He watched her for a moment, not answering her for the longest time as she stated her name and asked him his own. He wondered if she would even know what his name meant. All the better for him if she didn't.

"Satan Drazen." He said simply as he walked, glancing over at her to see if there was any change in her face. "Welcome to Warcrest." He was curious to see how little brain she carried in that skull of hers. Regardless of if she caught his not so sly way of him making her join his pack, but he certainly wasn't going to let her leave now.

the staff team luvs u
05-18-2022, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2022, 05:38 AM by Lemon. Edited 4 times in total.)
Only the sound of turning sand that their paws would make echoed to her ears. A smile continued to plaster, trying her best to not allow it to falter. She had been told that she could be quite annoying and if she waited long enough maybe then they would speak to her. Settling in for the quiet game, her body would prance forward. Kicking up in a hop-like demeanor, much like a doe when they would run. Lemon did not find her antics peculiar in the least, in fact she had always been the more bubbly and outspoken one within the confinements of her family. Ah, yes that reminded her… she had to meet her family. The male from before had explained that she had died, well, she was certain if she waited long enough in the spot she was before they would come to her. It could take years but if they were to be reunited… that is all that mattered. Right now, she would focus on rebuilding her strength and get back to where she was going. The lithe female paused in her steps, her head pushing upwards with curiosity.

”Satan.” She repeated, her thickened accent light and airy as she said the word, “What a beautiful name.” Of course, she remembered her mama saying it was the name those devil worshippers from several dens down kept shouting around a fire but the family seemed well enough when she met them. Tail swishing behind her as she scrambled to the front, emerging back beside him as he mentioned where they were. Warcrest. She had never heard of it before, then again she has not been too acquainted with the other territories since her arrival. Not understanding the severity of the situation she had found herself in, she waited for him to guide her to the water. Once there, her tongue poked out, taking in long drags of the cool liquid before pulling away. Thirst quenched she settled on her haunches, “I can’t thank ya enough, Drazen, sir.” Her tone was polite as she looked around. It seemed as if it was nothing but sand, “I hate to cut your hospitality short and all but… I gotta head on back now.”

“If there is anyway I can repay you before I head on out, I would love to try.” She could not help but feel that this was not a temporary residence and soon enough she began to inch slowly around the male, trying to make an exit route.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
05-18-2022, 05:49 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2022, 04:15 PM by Satan. Edited 1 time in total.)
She was bubbly and happy, something that the albino brute most certainly wasn't. They couldn't be any more different from each other, not could they? The water he chose wasn't too far from his kingdom, nestled right outside of the cave system that he claimed for himself and those that followed him either by choice or otherwise. Sitting down, he would watch her drink, noting that she had called his name 'pretty'. Quietly, he would lift his lip up at that, disliking his name being called anything like that. However, by the time she would turn around, his face would drop back to neutral, though he was pretty sure that with her train of thought, she wouldn't be able to tell the difference in the slightest. 

As she moved to leave, the brute would stand up, moving as close to him as he could without getting in her face or scaring her.. yet. Her last words made him grin, his face turning more villainous than it had during this whole time. "I have an idea of what you can do. How about I let you pick." He loved the mental game, making them pick their own grave. "You can either lay with me tonight, or join my kingdom. If you join me though, I will make sure you're fed and have a home, one without the creatures that call these sands their home. You can explore as much as you'd like and I can even grant you a rank that would suit your abilities." It may sound like an offer to her, but it most certainly wasn't. 

She wasn't going to be able leave if he had any say it in today.

the staff team luvs u
05-18-2022, 06:16 AM
As she was about to make herself scarce, something inside of her gut had a feeling that this was something she should escape from fast. All eagerness to become friendly began to dissipate, certainly it was not something that he did to make a cause for concern it was only her intuition. When it did flare up into cautious mode, she tended to listen to it, even while the other half of her brain kept thinking things were fine and dandy. Perhaps it was the slowness of those wheels that finally clicked together and just as she was about to make way on her own. She would ask someone else for directions and of course she could always try breaking open a cactus for water.

The larger form prevented her from moving any closer, she was certainly no fighter and slowly she began to cower before him. Her ears pinned down to her skull as her body followed suit to the ground. She understood the vantage he held over her at this point and reasoning may be the only way out of the situation. The smile - if she could call it one - was anything but warm and the air around her began to cast a chill. He weighed options for her, the first made her quiver at the thought. The notion of him on top of her, eyes would squeeze as she tried her best not to act scared. Orbs of mossy green and sunlight would once more make the male’s acquaintance as he gave her a second option. One that would require her joining his ranks, would that mean she would be safe from the clutches of his den.

“I certainly wouldn’t be skilled in, erm, that department. I ain’t ever done it before…” Her mouth would clamp shut, awe now Lemon don’t be sharing such valuable information just cause you’re nervous. She had to admit she had never even kissed the opposite gender due to her father’s rules of not being able to date until she was of age. By the time she had the courage to ask Gumbo on a date… was the day she was killed.

She was sure she had to be good at something, then it dawned on her the realization that she was skilled in herbs and medicine. Since she had been known for her clumsy tendencies her mother had taught her how to take care of herself and even tended to the little ones when they were sick. Lemon gulped, “I-I.. I ain’t got no other choice do I?” The seriousness of his gaze practically leapt down her throat, “I’ll join your pack.” Her voice cracked as her ears fell in defeat, moving to lower her form in submission. Recognizing the male who now owned her.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
05-19-2022, 06:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2022, 04:15 PM by Satan. Edited 1 time in total.)
The man chuckled deeply as he watched her, loving the fear and submission that he got from her. It seemed she made her choice, one that he was quite happy with. While he didn't mind having one night stands, having a new member was everything to him, regardless of if they were there on their own free will or not. She would be eventually if she knew what was good for her. 

Hearing her words, he would chuckle and nod, turning to head towards his cave. "Good" He said simply, expecting her to follow him. After all, he was much more used to running on the sand than she was and had no qualms about tracking her down and forcefully dragging her back. He had done it before and he would certainly do it again. 

"The deserts will be your new home, though where you reside in the cave is up to you, I could care less." After all, his den was right near the entrance for a reason. "Are you good for anything other than submitting?" Perhaps he would be willing to give her a rank, but he wanted to first see what she was good at.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top