Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

In darkness, chaos

Late Evening Drizzle/Rain
05-12-2022, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2022, 06:04 PM by Caella. Edited 1 time in total.)
LET US SIT BACK AND WATCH THE WORLD BURN.

Her first few hours had been hazy.
"For your crimes against the order and abominations borne from your womb, you are here by outcast. The stars no longer guide you."
Fuelled by hysteria and fever dreams, heat clung to the shadow-born fur that draped her in a dark cloak. It whispered into the night as if she was set alight from within. Heavy pants fell from her open maw and dried her tongue, it felt like sandpaper against the roof of her mouth. 
"You are stiped of name and title, henceforth you are exiled."
A chorus of snarls, heckles and a flash of white as righteous teeth pierced her flesh. She let out a cry, it was enough to jolt her body into the land of the living. She found herself in a land a'new. New to its core.

The smells were different, she was towered by stone-carved buildings that crumbled and fractured under the full moon's light. Burning eyes suddenly snapped wide open, a blazing formation of pain-teared golden orbs. They brimmed with tears; but none would fall, not as she set her eyes upon the inky black sky. 

"Shadow, Crone... Mother, Father? I no longer see you. I do not feel your prescience!" Words hastily tumbled from her maw. "Do not forbid your truly, humble servant in her time of need!" A hiss slithered from her dark jaws as she arose, much like a serpent; coiled for a rage-induced attack. "No!" A growl rumbled from her chest, frantically looking around to make sense of her situation. 

Where was she? Did the gods truly cast her out?

@Madmortigan

the staff team luvs u
[Image: df5apnj-29853235-677c-409b-906c-9576e8bd...jCGA6swRuU]
Caella is rated [M] for mature. 
05-13-2022, 01:49 AM
 He is at the base of the tree when she emerges. The Wolf provides. 

The drizzled droplets of rain cling to the ends of his fur, illuminating black and white tips the silver of the moon. 

Madmortigan doesn't get up from where he sits. Instead, he calls to her from the twisted roots. “It's alright. You are not alone.”

the staff team luvs u
[Image: unknown.png]
— thank you hanna! <3
05-13-2022, 10:01 AM
Silence.

Silence reigns, no whispers, no feeling or inclination. For the first time in a very long time, her head and heart were not guided by the stars.

It’s alright. You are not alone. A voice called, beckoning from the shadows. She took in a small breath, steadying herself as the haze slowly faded. Burning eyes strained against the curves of the tree, the roots peaked from the worn cracks. She saw a glint of eyes shimmering in the moonlight. Step forth from the shadows, Her tone, though rough, purred and laced with false honey. And I shall do the same.

Caella moved to the light, the moon illuminated the stars upon her spine. Her burning eyes found the strangers and yet…

Nothing.

No divination, no whispers of the star he was born under. She truly was in a new land. Outcast.

But not alone.

@Madmortigan
the staff team luvs u
05-18-2022, 02:07 PM
 She steps forward but remains swathed in darkness, her coat a fashionable cloak of ebony.

Madmortigan meets her halfway, the bi-colored Harbinger distancing himself from the tree at the center of the ruins. 

“I imagine you've come a long way.” Madmortigan surmises, though whether her paws had carried her or The Wolf remained to be seen. “Come and rest. You are welcome here.”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
05-18-2022, 03:03 PM
And as the moonlight danced upon the snowy white of his pelt, eyes that stared back at her were almost familiar. The same hue that was of him. It caught her breath, hitched within her throat. Perhaps this was the afterlife? And he had come to re unite with her once more? But alas, he was not Sinclair; despite the yearning with her heart… no. He was different.

“I imagine you've come a long way A soft hum whispered through her jaws, her blazing gaze grew intense as he met her half way. Her eyes wandered, allowing herself to appreciate the figure and form. “Come and rest. You are welcome here.” A small dip of her head was given. Now was not the time to turn away help. She would don’ a perfect mask and settle against the looming tree that sprawled above. A small sigh left her dark jaws, pretending that she was thankful, alleviating the heavy weight upon her paws. And, She began, refocusing her gaze upon him. Where is here, exactly?

@Madmortigan
the staff team luvs u
05-18-2022, 04:15 PM
 “You have reached the steps of the Labyrinthian order.” He replies, following her back to the tree, its branches flowing over the cracked stone like a petrified river. 

“You have been brought here for a purpose.” Of this he is sure. “And you would be welcome here, if you wished to stay.”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
05-18-2022, 05:36 PM
The labyrinthian order, dark ears perked at such name. Though there was no indication of pack life here, spare a few intriguing scents that danced upon the winds. How exciting. Her tone purred in a luscious honey; devilishly devouring the male’s features as he strode towards her.

You have been brought here for a purpose.” That much they could agree on. The sides of her maw twitched into a somewhat smile. More smirk, than genuine. And you would be welcome here, if you wished to stay Ah yes, there it was; it was clear he held authority here. Perhaps he was the creator of this order? Out of one and into another. Her blazing eyes sought the stars above. In my homeland, I was entrusted to enact the will of the stars through omen’s. Shadows, darkness. Caella, though prideful, was not foolish. If that is something that Labyrinthian requires, then I would be more than happy to stay.

I am known as Caella, there, the spider lay the trap. What say you? Shall we sit back and watch the world burn?

@Madmortigan
the staff team luvs u
05-18-2022, 05:39 PM
 Madmortigan smiles, all teeth. “The will of the stars and our will is the same.” 

Walking away from the dark mistress, he pauses before looking over his shoulder, inviting her to follow. “I am Madmortigan. Let me show you your new home.”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
05-18-2022, 07:38 PM
The will of the stars and our will is the same.” Had she perhaps had been flung into the future? Was this be the fate of her family; one lone, unblessed male? Perhaps this was the ghost of her tainted children? Or perhaps… he was simply someone new. Offering something more than just shelter. In time, we shall see.

am Madmortigan. Let me show you your new home. Alas now, she had a name to a very handsome face. She nodded, watching intently as he lead her deeper into the darkness.

-Exit. End thread.-
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top