Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Gospel of the Witches

Sunset Overcast 67° F
P
05-10-2022, 05:08 AM
@Madmortigan here's our thread finally lol <3 located somewhere in the further southeast reaches if that's ok?

The Deputy traveled.
Definitely farther than she originally meant to.
Her paws simply carried her and she didn't have the mind n the moment to discipline herself to stay within the Desert today.

Nyra had crossed through close to a mountain range, she could see the peaks through the trees as she prowled around, feeling somehow at home in the forests even though she knew her loyalties lay so far out in the middle of pissfuck nowhere and hellish heat.

The warqueen arrived to a sutiable stopping area by midsunset, the skies slowly turning a lovely deep indigo from the scarlets lower in the sky. 
Nyra found a bubbling stream and stopped, content to rest and take a drink. 
Meanwhile, her senses stayed peaked, after all one could never be too careful.
the staff team luvs u
This is my art, and it is dangerous 
05-10-2022, 12:38 PM
we spoke and changed the location of this thread to slightly east of Reclaimed Roots! thanks again for your flexibility!! ^^

He returns back to the roots, going through the ruins and at last bathing in the thin bend of water that spindles up the deciduous land.

The blood washes away. Dipping his head, he whispers. Emundavi nomine Lupi.

When he lifts his head he sees that he is not alone. “Good evening.” 

the staff team luvs u
[Image: unknown.png]
— thank you hanna! <3
05-10-2022, 01:24 PM
Nyra had zoned out in her own thoughts for too long.
By the time she snapped back to reality, there was another, muttering something in a tongue she couldn't understand.

Her golden gaze watched him as she drank, then he noticed her.
She raised her head from the stream to look upon him.

Good evening He said.
"Good evening." She returned, curiosity sheening in her amber hues. For once, she would try to express more tact.
"I heard you mutter something else, I couldn't understand it, but that part seemed rather...private." The warqueen began to inquire. She wasn't sure whether or not to ask about his other language, what he said, or both.
Perhaps the unsurety would show on her features.
the staff team luvs u
Visionary
05-10-2022, 08:08 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2022, 06:41 PM by Madmortigan. Edited 1 time in total.)
 She is large and stark white. 

Madmortigan smiles gently, violet eyes lifting up towards the cloud-covered twilight. “Not so much private as a prayer.” But such divinity grows complicated when it is Himself he worships.

To be wolf is to be god.

“It is Latin. Are you familiar with the language?”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
Visionary
05-10-2022, 08:18 PM
Nyra smiles gently in return as the man responds.
A prayer. The warqueen could respect such a thing,especially with her growing desire to be more well rounded instead of solely dedicated to combat arts. 

To his question, Nyra shakes her head
"The only tongue I know is the one we're speaking now. I would love to learn another at some point, though." She answers easily, with some enthusiasm.

"If you don't mind my asking, what are your spiritual beliefs?" She inquired, adding to it with "I'm looking to expand in my knowledge and practices." 

She would provide further details if he asked.
the staff team luvs u
Visionary
05-11-2022, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2022, 06:41 PM by Madmortigan. Edited 1 time in total.)
 “A thirst for knowledge is it's own lifeblood.” He remarks, admiring her ambition.

There is only betterment. A wolf that does not work to push the boundaries of its own potential is a holy being exploiting its divinity. 

“My beliefs, well, they are simple enough. I believe that we are god.”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
Visionary
05-12-2022, 01:32 AM
Nyra would smile gently at his remark on knowledge. It was something she could agree with him upon.

Then to his answer.
He believes that they are gods? 
"How do you mean? Like, we, as in wolves?" She would inquire further, genuinely curious and definitely showing it. 
She hadn't before, to her current memory, crossed with anyone who believed in a species superiority. 
She planned to ask him why, if he confirmed, but maybe the man would explain in his coming response?
the staff team luvs u
Visionary
05-18-2022, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2022, 04:47 PM by Madmortigan. Edited 1 time in total.)
 “Precisely.” He answers. 

“The Wolf has created all. We are made not only in his image - we are extensions of him. We are him. We alone have the strength, intelligence, and tenacity to bring the world into a new, divine order.”

His voice remains level, but his tones ring out, clear and certain.

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
Visionary
05-20-2022, 11:30 PM
Nyra listened with a vague interest, and she said without thinking first:
"He sounds like Fenrir." 
A look of shock at her own words glued itself to her face. How did she know that? She didn't remember her past in these lands prior to Lapis, why would she remember anything further back now?! 

Then, a thought. 
"Do you know of any rituals to regain lost memories? I cannot remember my past, prior to a month or two ago when I woke up after a major fall where I apparently hit my head." She explained, uncertainty and hope glittering across a usually-controlled face.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
05-23-2022, 04:50 PM
 “I am sorry to hear of your struggles.” Madmortigan replies, a look of sympathy flashing across his face. “I know of others who have lost touch with the life they had before this one. I cannot give you your memories back, but I can offer you a home should you be in need of one.”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
05-23-2022, 11:01 PM
Nyra shook her head softly at the Priest's offer. It was appreciated, but...

"I have a home in the Desert. Warcrest. I am their Deputy." She responded. It was what it was, but she couldn't leave them.  Not now.
the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
05-24-2022, 10:07 PM
 At this the Harbinger's ears perk. 

“Tell me of Warcrest - what are your customs and beliefs?” A gentle demand, one background for another.

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
05-24-2022, 10:59 PM
Nyra hummed softly in thought.  She hadn't heard Satan tell of anything by what Madmortigan asked of...

"I don't think we have any, at least that i know of...we are a mercenary group though. Fighters, assassins...killers. I admittedly did not become part of them of my own free will, initially.  I was kidnapped, but I'm obviously making the best I possibly can of the situation." She gestured loosely to herself, meaning of her status as a Deputy- second in command.
the staff team luvs u
05-30-2022, 02:47 AM
 “I understand mercenaries to be hired swords. Does your group work for another or for yourselves?” 

He asks, the sun drooping lower now on its slow descent towards the horizon.

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
05-30-2022, 03:51 AM
"Ourselves." She answered with a shrug of her shoulders. 
​​​​​​To be honest, she was considering making her own pack, but she felt the need to keep that information close to her chest, at least for the meantime. 
Satan may or may not respond well to something such as her splitting off, and currently she didn't want to run the risk of knowing, if he found out.
the staff team luvs u
06-06-2022, 12:07 AM
 He nods. “I see.” It is a wolf's right to take what they so desire. “How far is Warcrest from here? You said your pack resides in the desert?” Had she traveled far? Madmoritgan marvels at the thought of such a stark change in landscape. “Perhaps I will drop by for a visit one day.”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
06-06-2022, 08:59 PM
"It took me roughly a week. Our home is a mountain-like structure, deep in the desert. Going out in the day is unfavorable but doable if needed." She responded. 
The suggestion of a visit wasn't missed.
"If you come, keep that in mind." She advised with a soft chuckle despite the seriousness of the advice. One could die if they traveled too much during the daytime in the desert. Especially if they weren't made for such a harsh environment.
the staff team luvs u
06-13-2022, 02:09 AM
 “I shall.” He replies. “And who shall I call on once I'm there?”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
06-13-2022, 02:11 AM
"A man by the name of Satan, or myself." Nyra answered. 

if you'd like to wrap this one up, feel free to PP Nyra departing in your response <3

the staff team luvs u
06-13-2022, 02:15 AM
And fade!

He nods, accepting the information with a dip of his head. “It was a pleasure meeting you.” Offering one final pleasantry before he departs without providing a name of his own.

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
scroll to top