Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Got a feeling that I'm going under

Early Morning Partly Cloudy
P
Shiroshika
05-04-2022, 07:29 PM
Keeping this thread vague! Heat Day 2

What would Quicksilver think if he knew of what was occurring right this second? Surely he had already taken note of it, but what would he think? Did he believe they were on the same page as well that it was far too soon to try and conceive anything?

They weren't even technically married yet after all.

She couldn't avoid him either. It wasn't right. It wasn't fair to do so when it wasn't him she was avoiding, not entirely at least. The talk that would come, the continued uncertainty of their next move, of what was right.

After spending most of the night stargazing and contemplating, the little Empress turned to see if Quicksilver had been waiting for her to in their den. Just because she was in heat... it didn't mean something had to come from it after all. And he wasn't some monster who couldn't control his urges. She trusted him after all.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: df686pz-0c7a3fc2-8eca-4da1-8429-49fa07fd3bab.png]
translator, I'm sorry if it is horrible for anyone fluent in Japanese!
Paladin
05-04-2022, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2022, 07:27 AM by Quicksilver. Edited 1 time in total.)
He tried not to worry when the Empress failed to return at sundown, but it was impossible to keep himself from fretting. Each hour that passed concerned him more: what if she'd gotten hurt? Quicksilver wanted to go out and look for her, scour the run in search of any sign of her, but he didn't want to smother her.

She'll be fine, the druid mused, and tried to settle.

He must've fallen asleep, for the sound of approaching paws roused him. Quicksilver gathered to his feet and made his way swiftly to greet his snowflower, a whine of relief straining past his teeth.

“Reiko,” he sighed into her neck, then drew back to look upon her, “are you alright?”

the staff team luvs u
[Image: Untitled_Artwork.png]
Ecologist
05-04-2022, 08:18 PM
As she approached the den Quicksilver quickly greeted her. Concern painted across his features as he rushed in to close the gap between them and immediate ask if everything was okay. Of course he was concerned. There was a lot that had been unpacked in their last conversation, and normally she had distanced herself when things went awry. Thankfully, that was at least not the case this time. She was not upset - but more nervous than anything.

“Yes.” She said softly, warmly. Welcoming his touch and presence - it made her heart flutter, a feeling she knew well and tried to ignore as this was not the right time. “I tried to see if the figures were in the sky again, they were not.” Not long ago the dancing figures in the stars had come and gone once more, she couldn't help but wonder what that meant this time if anything at all.

“I did not mean to worry you.” His touch felt hot on her skin, as though she would just melt here and now if given enough time to bask in its warmth.

the staff team luvs u
05-04-2022, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2022, 07:28 AM by Quicksilver. Edited 1 time in total.)
There was a nervousness in her, one that itched its way under his skin. Quicksilver felt the hide of his shoulders quiver and he tried to shrug it off, but the feeling lingered; was she pretending she was okay? The druid reached to poke his nose to her muzzle his own tail twitching at his hocks.

“I hope I'm not...” he paused, considered his words, “uhm... I'm not being too much, am I?”

the staff team luvs u
05-04-2022, 09:31 PM
“Not at all.” How could she ease his concerns that he wasn't being overbearing, that it wasn't him at all but her. How could she tell him what was happening without making things awkward? Weird... or making him forced to do something or uncomfortable in any way.

“It... a little awkward is all.” A nervous flutter of a laugh tickled her lips as she spoke. “I um...” With her face feeling uncomfortably warm, she couldn't help but try to reach his ear to speak lowly just for Quicksilver to hear. Certainly it was obvious enough to anyone with a nose, but that didn't mean she wanted to announce it to the world verbally either.

“I uh... am in heat.” Pulling away after speaking what was going on, there was a little nervous panic as she shyly tossed her glance elsewhere. “I was uh... mm... nervous is all. Restless.”

A pause, ears falling flat onto her crown while she babbled. “I did not want to impose... You now... because of its timing.”

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
05-06-2022, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2022, 07:32 PM by Quicksilver. Edited 1 time in total.)
He was aware of an itch beneath his skin that no claw could ever reach, and the instinctual desire to see it through. Quicksilver, having experienced the proximity of a she-wolf in heat on more than one occasion, never let his hormones take charge. He was a naturally cautious creature, respectful of Reiko during her most sensitive weeks, and unwilling to pressure her into serving his body's desires.

“You... you're safe with me, Reiko,” he dared to reach for her, to make attempt at brushinghis muzzle to the snowflower's own, “I'll take care of you. I'll protect you.”

She need not worry for the headache that was sure to come from his resistance, for he'd survived several times before and would do so again. The druid simply wished for her not to roam, where rogue males could take advantage of her vulnerability.

Quicksilver offered a thin smile, one if encouragement despite the tantalising aroma that wafted beneath his nostrils, tempting him to act. He shifted to settle on his haunches, keen to offer the Empress a distraction from her awkward situation. “So, uh... when do you think we'll return to Tsukiishi?”

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Paladin
05-06-2022, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2022, 05:41 PM by Reiko.)
“I know.” Not only would she allow the druid to reach for her and brush his muzzle against hers, but she would meet him half way. After all, she didn't fear him despite the anxiety of imposing on him and making their time together difficult by any means.

When he sat and began the conversation on Tsukiishi, her expression fell ever so slightly. Turning to face where the mountains were off in the distance as though she could see them from here despite the peaks being in the way. “I — do not think so.” The thought pained her.

It felt as though she would always be some refugee. Always running. Always leaving their home to find somewhere else. From the Clan, to the Empire and now Tsukiishi along with all the little stops in between of failed packs. “With Kuhn and Valmúa retreating, Tsukiishi may not be safe any more.” Returning to Quicksilver's side, she'd find comfort with his closeness. Letting her smaller body rest against his with a little lean on his shoulder as she sat next to the druid.

“Once everyone has gathered and healed... I believe we should start scouting for our next residence.” Speaking softly, she turned her gaze up toward the Druid, as though waiting and pleading for him to participate in the decision of Shiroshika and their next move.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Adventurer
05-06-2022, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2022, 04:59 PM by Quicksilver. Edited 1 time in total.)
Tsukiishi, she felt, was no longer a suitable home for her pack. Quicksilver splayed his ears backward as she explained how their safety there might be compromised, and he understood. It was unfortunate and he could appreciate the loss she and her comrades were sure to feel, but they had the opportunity to start over.

It made sense for them to settle nearer to Vanderfell, considering their strengthened bond as allies. He considered it only briefly, however; Skelmir's Pass was unfirgiving, and unsuitable as a long-term claim.

“Perhaps,” he welcomed the dove to his side, and straightened to let her press her petite frame against his, “when you're feeling up to it, you and I can scout the areas close by for something more suitable?”

the staff team luvs u
Formation
05-06-2022, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2022, 07:15 PM by Reiko. Edited 1 time in total.)
“As much as that sounds pleasant...” She sighed softly in response. “One of us should remain behind to watch the others.” But that wasn't it, pressing her temple against Quicksilver in an attempt to comfort herself and him. “But we could both also stay, we have plenty of scouts.”

“Perhaps then we can both go see those locations ourselves.” Once some promising places were found, then they could possibly travel together to see the promising locations. Their travels away from Shiroshika would be shorter, and yet still together.

Antares seemed like he enjoyed travelling, so perhaps that could give him the excuse to leave and travel without worrying about the pack and his duties. After all, they still had Vanderfell nearby to take over while he was away. Gyrfalcon as well with Cirilla could potentially scout. “We are not alone, everyone wants to help too.”

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Adventurer
05-09-2022, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2022, 07:26 AM by Quicksilver. Edited 1 time in total.)
Her affection was welcomed, and Quicksilver crooned a soft note as she pushed her brow against his neck. He flared his nostrils and drew in a deep breath, keen to inhale the scent of her despite how her proximity was beginning to overwhelm his senses. He licked his teeth, trying to focus on their conversation.

“Oh, yes, uh,” he feathered a delicate kiss to Reiko's pallid cheek, “of course. I'd rather we went together.” The druid withdrew his touch to seek her vivid eyes and smiled softly. He held her stare, captivated. If they were going to lead together, Quicksilver wanted to start off their relocation right by making choices mutually.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
05-20-2022, 07:26 PM
With his touches it made focussing harder. For so long she craved affection, true love that came without strings, without hatred or greed following close behind or ulterior motives - she found it difficult to not get lost in the moment despite reason stepping in and reminding her of the situation they found themselves in.

“Before we go any further, perhaps an introduction to Hotaru is best.” The young woman was already furious with her mother over the past few months, but that didn't mean that Reiko didn't care about her daughter. About her feelings and making sure she knew that their family would soon be expanding.

“Later... I think we can allow ourselves to be lazy a little while longer this morning.” Call her greedy or lazy, but she couldn't help but beckon the druid to join her back to bed. Though it was her fault she wasn't present through the night to appreciate his presence, it wasn't for the lack of wanting his closeness.

the staff team luvs u
05-22-2022, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2022, 07:26 AM by Quicksilver. Edited 1 time in total.)
Reiko made mention of her daughter, and Quicksilver felt his stomach flop uncomfortably. It was an introduction that was long overdue, he felt, and one he'd been afraid to initiate alone. It only seemed appropriate that Reiko be present to help ease any strain from either party - step father and step daughter alike.

The druid hoped there would be no tension, though at least he felt a little prepared in knowing some difficulties in Hotaru's past. He would be gentle with her, of course, but naturally Quicksilver fretted that her first impressions of him would be poor.

It was not the time to dive head-first into that particular encounter, thankfully. Instead, Reiko drew him to the confines of their chamber with what he perceived to be bedroom eyes, and having yearned to be close to her for so long he was not about to turn away from such an opportunity. Willingly he followed her, more than content to share in her company and eager to shower her with all the affection she so deserved.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top