Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Numb Little Bug

Morning Partly Cloudy
AW
Greenwood
05-03-2022, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2022, 08:15 PM by Thelma.)
The young girl had been wandering around, happy with her family, getting tired quickly from playing with her siblings. It wasn't long until they ran into their den, curling up with their mother and quickly the small girl would fall asleep with the warmth of her family around her. What she didn't know though, was that by the time the sun rose up into the sky, she was no long in her safe den with her family. Instead, she was curled up alone under some foliage, though still sleeping quietly. To her, she was just suddenly a bit cold and curl herself up into a ball, though still not waking up entirely. A soft mutter to herself and she fell right back asleep, not knowing that anything was wrong.

the staff team luvs u
05-07-2022, 06:31 PM
^^

Kore had been on the hunt for berries, seeking out more bushes that stored the ones she sought. Little did the Earthen Queen know that she would find more than berries in the bush she was approaching, shades of brown that did not match the colour of twigs and stripes of white that were out of place would reach her eyes. Kore would tilt her head as she approached, mismatched gaze curious as she lifted a petite paw to push aside some foliage and dipped her head forward --

A skunk.

A baby skunk.

The Earthen Queen would coo, not willing to startle it for sure knew what Skunks could bring to the world -- though could babies do the same as adult skunks? Uncertain, Kore would make soft cooing sounds in an effort to wake the babe gently.
^^

the staff team luvs u
˚ · .˚。 ⋆❀⋆。˚ . · ˚
Join Greenwood
Ecologist
05-07-2022, 06:39 PM

Something smelled. Not bad, rather, unfamiliar. Elenora trotted through the rocky crops with nothing to do but follow her nose. The doe-like woman followed the scent in the air, now combining with Kore's, whom she saw on the horizon of her view. Elenora caught up with her, giving a small chuff, happily hopping through the short grass. The woman joined at her side just shortly after she started cooing to the young thing. Azure eyes follow her attention and find a baby skunk curled among the greenery. "Oh my..." She murmured, giving a wide look around for any sign of a mother or father, but nothing could be seen or smelt. Her white eyebrows knitted with confusion as she looked at the other adult, "We can't just... leave her here. I know nature must have balance, but..." Her gaze softened on the young creature, taking another step closer as she attempted to nose at the poor thing, seeing if it was wake to her wet-nosed touch, "She's so young... It wouldn't be fair." Everyone deserved a shot, at least. Her pleading eyes found Kore again. 

the staff team luvs u
elenora is transgender, male to female. so to strangers, she appears as a male.

[Image: ciLzP54.png]
05-07-2022, 07:10 PM
Curling up within herself, the young girl heard soft cooing off in the distance, a dream of sorts perhaps? But it seemed to get closer and closer, pulling her from her tiny slumber. With a squeak of a yawn, the girl sturred, sleepy eyes blinking several times. Looking up, the girl saw her mama and smiled, though the image in front of her shifted and changed, this wasn't mama. Finally, she blinked the sleep from her eyes as pink orbs fell onto the two creatures in front of her.... wolves? She wanted to be scared, but they were being... nice and certainly hadn't eaten her. 

She cocked her head to the side as she watched them for a moment, still laying down. Well they haven't eaten me yet, so they don't seem too bad. Her thoughts pushed her to stand up slowly, moving forward as she tried to sniff them both. They smelled nice and welcoming, like the forest around her. "Um, where am I?" She finally asked, her voice soft but heavy with confusion. She fell asleep with her family and woke up, well with strangers.

the staff team luvs u
05-16-2022, 05:28 PM
^^

Kore had been born for a reason and she had been granted the path she had walked and continued to walk for a reason so as she gazed down at the child that Elenora sought to wake with a touch of her nose. "Quite young indeed," Kore hummed as the child woke to the touch, sleep laden voice asking of her whereabouts.

"Oh, you are in Greenwood, little dear," the Queen mused to the baby skunk, casting her mismatched gaze to Elenora and then the child. "I am Kore and this is Elenora," not yet was the time for Persephone. "You may stay, if you would desire," Kore cared not for the difference in species. However she looked back to Elenora, "when the price presents itself, my Fawn, we will have no choice but to pay it." She murmured, knowing that giving the skunk a chance at life would mean something or someone else will need to lose their lives, perhaps at the cause of Greenwood.

Was Elenora prepared to have the balance of life and death come knocking? ^^

the staff team luvs u
˚ · .˚。 ⋆❀⋆。˚ . · ˚
Join Greenwood
Ecologist
05-17-2022, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2022, 12:16 AM by Elenora. Edited 1 time in total.)

When Elenora's wet nose touched the little thing, pink eyes were revealed to show that she was indeed alive and well. A smile broadened across the druid's face as she leaned back, not wanting to overwhelm the tiny skunk. After all, she'd seen what skunks did when they were frightened. She was cognitive enough to ask where she was, and sniff at the both of them. Elenora did not move when she was nearby the young thing. If anything, she wanted to take it under her wing and keep her close until a parent arrived to pick her up. 

Kore broke the initial silence, letting the young girl in on where she was. When the leader introduced herself and Nora, she gave a little bow of her head to the child. "Hello there." She mused, her voice softer than usual for the girl. The tanned wolf's tail picked up behind her, waving back and forth when Kore mentioned her staying with the group — if she so desired. Elenora took another wide scan around them, trying to pick up on any sight of a black and white figure — or brown and white, as this was the skunk's pattern. She'd never seen one other than black and white, which meant she had to be special. Right? 

Kore's voice brought her back to the reality of the situation, directing her soft gaze over the cordial woman's features, taking each of them in as she spoke. Words fell from them, and if Elenora wasn't focusing, she probably would have gotten lost in the way her lips moved around each vowel. Thankfully, she was honed in on Kore's whole being and not just how beauty was flaunted so naturally, without even trying. One day, maybe Elenora could omit the same aura. "I'm ready to pay the price, vixen," she said in a hushed tone; a compassionate gaze settled on Kore, "for the young and innocent." As she wished that someone would have done for her when she was nothing but a babe. Tenderly, Elenora attempted to lean her shoulder against Kore's, a small, yet affirmative gesture. 

the staff team luvs u

05-18-2022, 11:45 PM
The girl didn't really understand what was going on. At least not entirely. With wide eyes, she looked between the two, cocking her head to the side. Greenwood? That sounded really pretty. At the offer to stay, the girl would nod, moving to try and nuzzle herself in between Kore and Elenora, wanting to cuddle into the two of them. "Which one of you is my new mama?" She had a feeling that her previous mother was gone. Why, she didn't know, but she didn't seem scared for it. Instead, she just wanted to find someone new that she could love and cuddle into. 

She looked between the two of them, speaking up with confusion. "What do you mean a price? Did I do something wrong?" She was worried that she was in trouble for something, though she really wasn't sure what she did.

the staff team luvs u
06-02-2022, 11:07 AM
^^

It seemed the girl had taken the notion of a new mother relatively easy and quick. For one so young Kore supposed it was only normal; she hadn't had a mother for most of her life. "At Greenwood, we all care for each other. You included, little love," she mused, "but Elenora has decided to take that further." Elenora was free to determine whether or not she would be called mama.

Upon the touch to her shoulder, Kore would too press against Elenora with a soft smile. Whatever the price would be, the Queen only hoped it was minimal. It would come, eventually but for the moment they would be content. "Oh, the price is a cuddle, for you," too young to yet know of it, Kore would sidetrack the girl nestled between the two and lower her nose to the girls head. "Do you have a name, little love?"^^

the staff team luvs u
˚ · .˚。 ⋆❀⋆。˚ . · ˚
Join Greenwood
Ecologist
Greenwood
06-04-2022, 11:44 PM

As soon as Thelma moved close to the two of them, trying to nuzzle her way in between them, a knot formed in her throat. One that itched at the corners of her eyes. What... was this? Elenora peered down at the small little skunk as soon as the question murmured from her lips. 'Which one of you is my new mama?' The query sent an arrow right through the woman's heart. Was it this easy to tell? Without a child even having to be told, she just assumed that Elenora was... well, she was female but. She knew sometimes her scent depicted otherwise. Tears welled up in the corners of her eyes that she reached a paw up to catch, letting Kore speak for them both. 

Kore mentioned her, leaving it up to Elenora if she wanted to take the status of 'mama.' With little of a second to sit in between the words, the fawn breathed, "Yes, you can call me whatever you want. If you want to stay with me, of course. All of us will watch after you though.." She answers, but immediately moved her paw away from her eyes and scooped the smaller being closer to her, now never wanting to let go. She knew some of the skunk's behaviors. As an avid watcher of nature, she had seen some wander around. Of course, she'd need to do a little more research if she were to raise the being right. Which meant soon she'd need to go out and collect information. But for now, she just stared down at the brown and white creature with wonder.

Nora could feel Kore lean back against her shoulder and let out a content sigh and only felt somewhat rigid when the youth asked if she'd done something wrong. Again, Elenora was not the best with these things, and thankfully, Kore molded her words for the little thing not to worry. It was good that they didn't have to talk about this here and now. 'Later.' She thought, 'Later for sure.' But for now, she wanted to enjoy this moment, a rare moment, where all felt at peace. "Should we show her our dens?" Elenora inquired, even though not wanting to move from this moment, she knew they'd have to sometime. And she wanted to get the little creature settled into her new life in Greenwood. 

the staff team luvs u

06-12-2022, 09:31 PM
She looked between the two of them, a smile on her face forming as she realized that she wasn't in trouble and didn't do anything wrong. Turning towards Elenora, she smiled and snuggled into her, happy to have a new family. As Kora talked about cuddles though, she would attempt to pounce on the woman (though would likely only pounce on her paws) wanting the cuddles that she was offered. "I like cuddles!" She smiled and cocked her head to the side. "My name is Thelma! So if everyone is taking care of me, does that mean you are all my family?" She seemed rather happy about that, her previous family now just a distant memory in her small mind.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top