Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
The Twins of Anora

Sunrise
P
05-02-2022, 07:25 PM

He woke at dawn, stretching in his place beside his twin sister, @Twilight. The first rays of the new day hit him through the trees, warming him. He sat up, watching his twin rest. 

The two had awoken near here late the other night and had traveled a little before settling down where they were currently. He then yawned, still slightly tired. 

That is, until he scented others near him and Twilight. He got up and shook his sister somewhat to wake her up. "Wake up Twi, there are others somewhere nearby. Wake up!" 

He still scented the other wolves nearby, which made him slightly worried. Slightly.
the staff team luvs u
05-15-2022, 09:49 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2022, 09:49 PM by Reign.)
Reign arose before dawn and was busy training her stamina by running back and forth along the side of the lake. She was sweating as dawn finally broke across the sky. Her muscles ached and she loved it, the burn meant she was pushing herself. And since her arrival here she hadn't focused much on her training and she was finally getting back into it. 

She stopped, taking some deep breaths before she took a light stroll back to where her small group was likely still sleeping or just awakening. She stepped closer and spotted them. "Time to wake up Everyone. I think its time we start Migrating Northward, i want us to Find a permeant settlement, especially since I have now found both of you... And we have Aerys." They had found Mentu not long ago, and it was time to move, regardless of his ... physical capacity at the moment. 

She stood looking around at her rag tag family. Mentu, Sati and reign..the Saxe siblings reunited. It was time to build her Empire. And it was now time to find other demons to rally her cause to...
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

Warning: Reign is prone to random Fits of Rage and Violence. 
*Creole is allowed minor PP of her, as well as open to join any of her threads unless otherwise noted* 
05-15-2022, 10:47 PM
Sati was already awake by the time Reign was finished training her stamina, as she had been hunting before her sister had gotten up. She couldn't sleep long, so she decided to do something about it. Sati was now resting by the shore of the little lake, eyes closed but not asleep. 

She got up at her sister's words, stretching slightly and already awake. She moved toward Reign, alert and ready to go. Ready to start building the Empire back up. Ready... to find more for their Empire. 

The breeze shifted, bringing with it the scent of two other, unfamiliar wolves. Sati's ears perked, nose twitching. 

"There are two unfamiliar wolves near. Shall we go meet them?" She grinned, revealing her teeth.

the staff team luvs u
05-15-2022, 11:18 PM
Sorry if it seems like she's being "rude" or something! It's just in her nature to be like this to new people!

She was shaken out of her sleep by her twin. She groaned, but then heard why she was so abruptly shaken out of her peacefulness. 

Twilight was then alert, ears perked, eyes glancing around, nose sniffing the air. There were some other wolves nearby? "Let's go meet them then." She smiled like an unsheathed dagger, revealing her sharp teeth. 

Twilight caught the direction of the scents before the wind changed direction, most likely toward the ones the scents belonged to. She then began to trot along, soon hearing her brother following. 

"There are two unfamiliar wolves near. Shall we go meet them?" Twilight caught the words of another, just before a small lake came into view. 

She grinned for a moment, then came out from the shadows with her brother. "There's no need to. We're already here." She smiled silkily, voice dripping in honey.

the staff team luvs u
05-20-2022, 12:36 AM
"There are two unfamiliar wolves near. Shall we go meet them?"

Sati had asking if they should go and meet the strangers nearby, but before she could open her mouth the answer someone else spoke. One of the strangers. 

"There's no need to. We're already here." 

Reign turned to face the new voice and her eyes narrowed. Hackles raised and she bared her teeth in warning. It wasn't a smart idea to sneak up on a Saxe, let alone three of them. She stood her ground, stepping just ahead of her sister. And looking over at her brother @Mentu, hoping he understood that she wanted him to stand on the other side of her. 

"And who exactly are you? And do you understand how dangerous showing up like that is?"
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

*Creole is allowed minor PP of her, as well as open to join any of her threads unless otherwise noted* 
05-20-2022, 06:34 PM
Sorry, but I'll be posting with Auris instead of Sati atm. I do not want to use her because I'll only be posting a very short post, so I'll just skip her for now, lmao.

Auris, along with his twin, stood their ground. He wasn't going to let them intimidate him, and thus he appeared calm. 

"And who exactly are you? And do you understand how dangerous showing up like that is?" The black-and-white female snarled - as if to intimidate. 

"We," he began in a honey-filled voice and with a silky smile, "are the Twins of Anora. And why is it dangerous, greeting you? We are simply being courteous." 

Auris smiled - more like grinned - like the devil he was, revealing his teeth. He strode forward a few steps until he was a few feet away from the other, still smiling. 

"And then, who would you be?" You could practically see the demon horns on his head, with how he was acting.

the staff team luvs u
05-20-2022, 07:04 PM
Reign didn’t move an inch. She stared down the pair even as the male spoke.

"We," "are the Twins of Anora. And why is it dangerous, greeting you? We are simply being courteous."

She eyed the male up and down, taking in his height and appearance before she spoke. “It’s not the greeting us that is Dangerous, it’s the sneakiness of the arrival that is dangerous. Do you not know, sneaking up on someone like me and my siblings could result in a serious injury” she held his gaze

Reign wasn’t one to back down so when he grinned and moved closer she too put on her slick smirk. The smirk of a demoness, coy and cruel. As she herself stepped forward and went a step farther in their dance and began to circle him, inspecting him further as she spoke.

“I will say however, I’m impressed with what I’m assuming is confidence and not just pure stupidity.” She cooed.

And then, who would you be?"

Her ears twitched as he spoke, she stopped circling him and stopped just in front of him. “I am Reign, Reign Saxe, And these are my Siblings. Sati,” she flicked her tail towards her sister “and Mentu” she flicked her tail at her brother. “and the other female with us is Aerys. My…. Companion” the word companion dripped of possession and poison. A warning not to get to close to what was hers.
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

05-23-2022, 04:32 PM
This is getting interesting lmao

"And why do you say the sneakiness of the arrival was dangerous? It is simply in our nature. And why do you say serious injury resulting from you?" She cooed, grinning like her brother, twin demons. 

She too stepped forward with her brother, beginning to circle. 

"What do you mean, you're impressed by what you're guessing is confidence and not stupidity?" She silkily spoke. 

"Well, Reign, we are the Twins of Anora, yes. But that isn't what our actual names are. I am Twilight, and he," pausing, she flicks her tail at her twin "is Auris."

the staff team luvs u
Formation
06-07-2022, 11:51 AM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2022, 06:51 AM by Reign. Edited 1 time in total.)
And why do you say the sneakiness of the arrival was dangerous? It is simply in our nature. And why do you say serious injury resulting from you?"

Reign almost laughed but she contained herself. She was in a new land so it was surprising that her last name wasn’t feared here… yet. “Because my siblings and I aren’t the gentle type. And had we felt far more… Threatened, I could almost promise you blood would be spilled where you stand.” Each word laced with venom, power and authority. She was after all raised to rule. To be a Saxe.

Reign was as calm as the sea, she didn’t flinch as the girl stepped forward. Reign was trained in battle. Were they? But if they attacked her she could easily defend her. And with Sati here she wasn’t worried. Though, she didn’t really count on Mentu at the moment. He was still weak.

"What do you mean, you're impressed by what you're guessing is confidence and not stupidity?"

“Not many disrespect a Saxe and live. Luckily. I don’t feel to disrespected by the sneaky arrival and the challenging tones you speak with. So you’re either really confident you could kill us. Or you’re just stupid. But I’m choosing to believe it’s confidence. And that is something we respect” she shrugged.

"Well, Reign, we are the Twins of Anora, yes. But that isn't what our actual names are. I am Twilight, and he," pausing, she flicks her tail at her twin "is Auris."

She listened to their names. Before looked at her siblings. They were raising an empire. And more bodies meant a stronger empire. She wasn’t sure about these twins yet. But in time she would properly evaluate them in battle and other things. But for now. She’d offer them a home.

“Because you earned a little respect. We shall move past the disrespect. And offer you a home within our Empire. The choice is yours. Join us or not, either way next time we might not be so forgiving, Twins of Anora”
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

scroll to top