Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Group Only
in its box of sky, lavender and cornerless

Evening Sunny/Clear
Group Only
05-02-2022, 06:57 PM
heat day 1. I'll make this a read only if no one responds ♡

Once Olive had learned of Tiberius's whereabouts from the Dragon Queen, it no longer made sense for her to be out, galavanting across the tundra. In her search, his safety had been assured to her; and his disappearance explained by her discovery of the Shiroshikan void. Her scrutinizing nature largely satisfied, the pale druid returned to Cloudrest, and after checking in on the welfare of Riannon and her mewling brood, she hunkered down and took a lengthy nap.

When she awoke, Olive wished she felt more relieved and at-ease than she did; but it was a feeling she simply could not muster. The woman blinked off into the horizon for an hour, maybe two; allowing the day to grow late, and the sun to grow high, and the buzzing insects to grow raucous, deeply-aware that Tiberius was off fighting some unknown force and she was forced to sit here and allow her season to come and go, all without the titan knowing the opportunity that was slipping between their fingers.

With such hormones abounding, she began to quietly bemoan her plight, feeling fully as if she were still locked within her frozen prison in the Tundra, forced to watch the world passed her by and she could only aimlessly watch on through the windowpane—

But the sibilant prophet had many things at her disposal that she did not have then. Namely, the comfort of friendship, overflowing herbal coffers, and mountaintops upon which she could speak to her Gods. Flushed and internally charged, the woman was determined to not be the hopeless, hapless victim of circumstance any longer.

A new moon drew nigh; and though she no longer held the rank of palantír or the guiding hand of Frostchant, she knew this holy time was ripe for intention, for drawing things forth; the Gods were eager and were listening, and given the bounty of Spring, more likely to indulge the wanton whims of her earthly biology. She plucked clover and musk mallow, bluebells and foxglove; she stripped them from their stems and placed them in her fur so that she was a pale, milky cloud studded with bright pops of wildflowers.

She wandered deep into the heart of Cloudrest, where she felt safest amongst the bosom of the mountains; where the air was heaviest with the pheromones of all that abounded in the spring, she found a fairy ring. The woman placed herself in the middle, and amongst the short grasses she deposited a small tuft of hair that she pilfered from their den. The woman chanted the words as she intuited them from her heart:

"Star of love, a bright bouquet,
Aid me in my spell today,
Unite my shadowed love with me,
As I will it, so mote it be."

and she shut her eyes against the warm, dying sunlight and felt herself bathed in the Gods' love, knowing that all would be made fine eventually. How could it not, when the universe was so good, and she was so covered in flowers? She attracted everything from bees to abundance, and soon, she knew would be amongst her titan's embrace once more.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: Sprite-0005.gif]

duskguard  /  healing    /  lineage
scroll to top