Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Takin’ Care Of Business

Late Evening 63° F
05-02-2022, 02:46 AM
To say Virgo couldn’t be at her most calmest would be a very high understatement.

The trip here felt longer than necessary. Her coat alone had to be cleaned several different times due to the heavy rainstorms. Such a disgusting thing. She hated when water fell from the sky. Always ruining the beautiful fluff of her fur. Making it ichy and stick to her skin. The feeling alone was irritating.

However, for the moment, Vira could feel her mood changing. Tail swaying lightly behind. Ears fully perked and listening. Slender, yet toned legs carrying her on a path which smelled of wolves. Blackened nose twitched with every scent it caught. One in particular faintly and very familiar to her senses.

Unbeknownst to her sister, Leo, Virgo was coming for her. Oh no. Not in a way of causing mass destruction and ruining the pour female’s life. If we had become enemies, the thought would have not have been such a bad idea. This visit showed nothing to be but a longing.

The beautiful sun kissed beauty herself. She couldn’t help the small tinge of happiness coursing through her. An expression she didn’t show. Vita’s features remained indifferent. Blank. Except for a small twinkle in those emerald pools swimming away inside their holds as she scanned the area.

Tall stones grew closer in the distance. Their towering aluminous shadows crawling along the grounds towards her. Using the moon’s glow to stretch even further as it settles peacefully above. Virgo taking note of this, yet caring not of the scents weighing strong around them. She kept going. Stepping over a much smaller and jagged rock to proceed on her very way.

She knew this would cause trouble. A stranger just trespassing without being allowed entrance. Oh well. Vira cared not. Knowing fully how to hold her own or sweet talk her way out of danger.
the staff team luvs u
She’s The Type Of Flower That Can Still Grow After A Forest Fire.
Formation
Misc Skill
Greenwood
05-02-2022, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2022, 03:10 PM by Leo. Edited 1 time in total.)
Note for me: skill is architect

Greenwood was coming along nicely. They had only a handful of members but that was all they needed really. A little group to help each other survive, to build a little quaint home of their own and a place that Leo felt comfortable in. Kore was a cute little woman, someone who meant well even if their head was in the clouds on most days - but Leo didn't mind.

Leo didn't bother to meet many of the new faces just yet, too occupied with beautifying her den with pelts and drying the perfect flowers to decorate it. She was so focussed on decorating she would even skin the prey she'd catch and just toss it into the caches for everyone else to pick at as she didn't have much interest in too much food anyway. She had to keep herself fit after all. With the new mom-body she had going, it took a little more care than usual to keep herself from letting go of her figure.

One face she nearly didn't recognize did catch her luminous eye, however. With a freshly skinned rabbit hanging from her maw and stopped in mid stride. The confidence the woman had while strutting through their rocks almost made her look like she was a part of them - but the smell she held, and the lack of recognition Leo had in the faces she had seen - well, alarm bells were ringing instantly.

“You bitch!” She cried, dropping the pelt onto the ground before running over to the grey-toned siren. Tail swaying in a friendly greeting despite the harsh word she called her sister. “Virgo, where have you beeeen?!”

the staff team luvs u
[Image: iHjjjrB.gif]
05-02-2022, 04:57 PM
“You bitch!”

Familiar voice carried such a phrase towards her without fault. Their meaning indescribably meant for being surprised more so than extreme rudeness.

Vira halted in her movements. One small paw hanging just seconds in the air before being placed back down. Her gaze taking in the firey coat sprinting in her direction. The blooded mouth hanging slightly a gap from where a hare once rested. It all happened in a second. ”Long time no see, Leo.”

Her lips curved into a warm smile. Taking up, if not all, but some of her face and relaxing her features. She could let her guard down with this one. They were family. ”I’ve been around. Mostly.” Virgo wasn’t lying. Unknown to Leo, she’d been following the woman for quite some time. Having lost her a while back. ”How have you been? I see you’ve found a… home?”

The words she spoke sounded so judgmental. Too much open space for herself. If it rained, where would she hide? Oh! The thought made her cringe. She hated being wet! It always seemed to ruin her beautiful clean coat and made her look like a dirty rodent. There was a lot of time taken to make sure every ounce of her was perfect. From her walk to the way she talked.

”I would say aren’t you going to invite me in. But, I’ve taken that initiative on myself. Where is everyone?” Virgo took a moment to sweep the area around them. Besides the lonely rabbit carcass, there was only the both of them.
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
05-03-2022, 12:35 AM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2022, 12:33 PM by Leo. Edited 2 times in total.)
While Leo was the sun, Virgo had to be the moon. She was calm in comparison to the vibrance of her sister. It didn't make Virgo cold or callous, no, it made her beautiful and serene like a full moon night just as Leo brought warmth and flair. “You say as if it hasn't been a whole year.” She put a dramatic spin on the single word "whole", emphasizing its girth through a span of time than what Virgo made it sound.

“I've been fabulous.” Was she lying? Not really. Things have been pretty slow and there wasn't nearly enough men for her to oggle here, but at least it was somewhere. Somewhere she could show her children to one day upon her trip back to the misty woods they were left temporarily. Gee... Even now she had to stop and think of how much they must have grown now. “Boy do I have news to tell you sister.” She'd drip feed it for now, wanting to gain Virgo's full attention and desire to hear the tea being spilled already from Leonna's mouth.

“Oh pish posh, you're family, you are my guest now.” Completly brushing off the idea of what could have happened had it been anyone else who had come across Virgo before Leonna had walked on by. “Greenwood is still pretty new, we're small for now. Kore, our Queen is adorable.” And Leo was certain Virgo would agree as soon as they met. “Come, come! Rest, I'll show you around as soon as we talk for a bit.” Leo was already moving to find a nice place for the two women to sit and talk for a little while while Virgo took a seat for a bit.

the staff team luvs u
05-03-2022, 11:26 PM
”Don’t you dare just walk away from me after telling me you have news!” A look of astonishment morphed her beautifully bland features. Leo had the nerve to speak on something. To just as swiftly change the subject about some Kore and showing her around. She couldn’t honestly care how the lay of these lands worked. As long as her sister was breathing, Virgo could give a damn! ”Fuck resting! Spill. Now!”

Their choice of converse, which happened only between them, would easily be frowned upon. So much swearing and disrespectful talk. Such a way to express themselves to one another completely understood for sisters. ”I hope in this juicy news you have to tell is a male being in your life? If so, does he have a brother?” Her nose pressed into Leo’s cheek. Playfully bumping her shoulder.

”I can’t remember the last time I got laid. Or, even had the slightest bit of company.” One thing about Vira, she didn’t care what gender a wolf was, if they impressed her, they received her attention. Even if that meant joining the woman in whatever den she’d acquired momentarily.

Secretly, she was ready to settle down. Have pups and a wolf to call mate. Would Vira ever admit that out loud? Of course not! These were her sacred thoughts until further notice. Didn’t stop her from thinking them as she followed right beside her sister. Tail occasionally brushing Leo’s to create a glorious display of a storm during an autumn sunrise.
the staff team luvs u
05-04-2022, 05:32 PM
Oh nooo but I diiiid.”

[Image: UnsteadyCompleteBinturong-size_restricted.gif]

She walked, tossing her head back in a fluid dramatized fashion. This was what Leo loved most, especially with those who fed into her drama like Virgo did. To play her game and make mountains out of ant hills just as she did for no good reason other than she liked a little spice throughout her day.

Was it malicious? Absolutely not. Just harmless fun as far as she knew.

Giggling as Virgo pressed herself against the sunspot's cheek, Leo beamed. It felt so long since she could gossip about anything so freely and it tickled her PINK to know she had the opportunity to now.

Well —” Speaking of getting laid, Leo mused to herself barely holding herself together and not just gushing out in an uncontrolled mess of information. Beckoning Virgo to take a seat with her, it began. “Funny you say that sister because you are an aunt.” She smiled cheekily. Remembering at first the thought of having children so young as AWFUL. She was a wreck to think that her body would never be the same, but ever since leaving the children with their father - Leo missed them. Every day.

“They would be about eight months now.”

the staff team luvs u
05-05-2022, 04:14 AM
Vira stopped.
The world around her stilled.
All left but the sun coat of Leo. The perpetual woman who, just like she, did well to keep herself fit and clean. Had she truly said she birthed pups? No. Virgo clearly heard wrong and showed such by scratching at the back of a single ear. ”Ha… Ha, Ha… HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAAHAHA!”

She burst into a fit of uncontrollable rudely laughter. Doubting such a feeble tale her sister clearly pulled from the depths of her ass. ”No. Really? What’s the real gossip?” Completely ignoring the beckoning gesture offered to sit. Vira continued to stand.

From the smile yet to falter from Leo or even the realization she didn’t join in along with the laughing. The bland beauty could do nothing but stare. ”You’re serious? I’m an… aunt?” A feeling she didn’t understand clutched feverishly at her heart.

Was this… jealousy? Envy?

Whatever it was, Vira sat down and nodded. ”What are their names?”
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
05-23-2022, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2022, 12:33 PM by Leo. Edited 1 time in total.)
It wasn't a surprise how Virgo would take the news. How she would laugh and think it to be all some kind of joke. Honestly even Leo didn't believe it herself. It was all an accident after all. Her first heat and she was none the wiser of what would happen during that time, or was even aware that it was her heat to begin with! So instead of getting uppeti or defensive as Virgo laughed, Leo simply waited with a smile on her face while looking over her nails. Bringing up her paws to investigate their natural pedicure and had nothing to do other than observe while she waited.

”No. Really? What’s the real gossip?” All the sunburst did in response was cast her cerulean eyes toward her sister with a canted brow, waiting for the realization that this wasn't some kind of silly prank to sink in. “Yes you are sis~” As soon as the grey-scale woman accepted the news, Leo finally broke her dramatic silence. Even showed off her less-than-firm belly with a few poses to nail that news in. “See? Does this look like the body of a milf or what?” Though she hadn't gained any weight and was still "Leo" by all sense of identity, there were still obvious signs that she had carried children just last year. Larger nipples that were used for feeding, some skin sagged where it didn't before. The signs were small, but noticeable once pointed out.

“Well since their father is named Aries, and well mine being Leo I had to go with the star signs like us! Cancer and Gemini, a beautiful reddish daughter and a strangely handsome two-face son.” She would never use the names Aries had chosen to give them as "nicknames". She was their mother after all, and it was Cancer and Gemini - not @Anai and @Ceria.

the staff team luvs u
05-23-2022, 05:19 PM
”Well…”

Pale emerald’s did nothing but watch in surprise as Leo posed. Pointing out the mild changes she had not noticed when first seeing the woman at all. The long nipples slightly shielded by the growth of her golden coat. Stretched from a hanging pouch that seemed to just now be captured by Vira.

Cancer and Gemini…

The bland beauty could only listen with a smile clinging just one side of her lips. It wasn’t that the situation did not bring her happiness. But, the lingering hint of jealousy clutched itself around her heart. Her heats were always ignored due to the lack of interested from suitors. Most of it being Virgo’s fault as she didn’t want pups with just anyone. No matter how handsome. She needed to know that the male who would plant such a seed in her garden would blossom the most perfect offspring.

”And, where are these two pups of yours? I’d like to see them and the bastard who took away your delicate figure.” The last part was spoken with a slight attitude. She and Leo always took great care of their bodies. Ensuring it remained clean, fit and well ready to tease those that showed interest. ”We surely have to get you back to your original state. You indeed look like a Milf.”
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
05-23-2022, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2022, 12:33 PM by Leo. Edited 1 time in total.)
The envy went both ways here. Leo missed her slender, untouched figure that came without bearing children. How her skin hugged her body so tightly, everything tucked up nicely where it should be just as Virgo was now. Leo would have liked that for a little longer than to be a young mother as she was now. It just didn't follow the plan she had made out for herself since she was a child. To find a handsome husband and raise the perfect little family one she was too old to be running around from man to man.

“They're with their father.” She admitted, bitterly as she didn't like the thought of leaving them behind so soon. She had missed so much of their upbringing it pained her to think of. “I didn't like the pack he's in, it smelled, and to bring two kids with me while I searched for my own pack didn't seem right.” Even if the pack smelled like death and didn't seem all too welcoming or kind, they were safer there than with her.

“If you want, I plan on visiting them soon. I want to see if Cancer or Gemini would like to come here now that I found a nice home. You can join me if you'd like.” She could meet everyone in one go. Aries and the kids while they all decided on what to do next. Would Aries even think of joining her here in Greenwood maybe?

Speaking of Aries. Leo was unsure if Virgo would even approve of him. “Aries is a bit of an asshole... handsome though. But he did step up when it mattered most so I guess he's not too bad.”

the staff team luvs u
05-24-2022, 04:16 AM
Leave it to Leo to find a male who was an asshole. Clearly he could handle the smart mouthed, controlling and dramatic woman since he managed to impregnate her. For some odd reason Virgo liked him already. ”So, what I’m hearing is… you met a male who could handle you? And, you don’t like it?”

This time her laughter was filled with amusement. Now that the sun kissed sister of hers had thoroughly given a little bit more information of the intel of not only the male who impregnated her. But, also the situation at hand, Virgo swiped her tail against her thighs. ”I’m sure no male here would ever be able to get me in such a way. I’ve grown.. accustomed to hiding around that time.” She cleared her throat. This wasn’t neither the time nor day to get into her feelings. ”If they’re anything like us, they match their names exactly.”

Virgo giggled a bit. Looking down to scratch and lick away an itch that seemed to come from out of nowhere. Easily smoothing down the small clump of fur that had risen during the assault. She said nothing further as she closed the distance between them to further embrace Leo. Muzzle bumping gently into her own with a light nip to an ear. ”I’m happy.. no. Glad that I have you back, dear sister. If you ever leave again, I will hurt you.” A promise delivered with the narrowing of eyes.
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
05-29-2022, 12:33 PM
“Hmmm not quite?” She thought back to the instance where her anger at him first came. How it hasn't completely subsided since then. “I didn't know I was at risk of getting knocked up when we met, then when I confronted him with it, he brushed it off.” Her lips fell into a frown for a moment. “He was coming off like a deadbeat and for a while I thought I'd be on my own.” And she was for a bit. A week or two, maybe Aries was looking for her during that time but nevertheless, it didn't lessen her own feelings on the matter.

“He did step up before they came, I have to give him that much. He also stepped up to watch them while I find a pack for myself, so all in all a rough start but he came around.” She shrugged. Leo had to go and see them all soon so she would judge his character further upon that meeting, but for now, she was giving him the benefit of a doubt. “It was my first heat, I didn't know what to expect.” Mistakes were made, and though she regretted it at first, after seeing how beautiful her children were all those doubts flew out the window.

She would laugh at Vira's thoughts of their names matching even on the man's side of things. If they lived in a perfect world, they absolutely would. From father, mother to children they would all be born from the stars - “Well now it's up to you to find a man with a matching name.”

“I'm not going anywhere sister.” She'd bump Virgo back with her own muzzle, a small lick being offered from the playful nudge. “Do you wanna stay here at Greenwood with me? I doubt Kore will have any problem with it.”

the staff team luvs u
05-31-2022, 04:40 PM
”Like a man born under the same state exist here for me. If anything, I’ll luck up with a regular male who’ll take me as his and give me an abundance of pups. I’m hoping for five.” She laughed a bit.

Her sister’s words about how she’d met this Aries and the story of their encounter had her tilting her head a bit. She felt for Leo. Understanding the doubts. No female wanted to raise their pups alone. It was indeed hard. Without a mate or a family to support and help.

Vira eyed her sister for a moment. A thoughtful expression morphing her bland, yet beautiful features. ”I think I want to be a loner for awhile. Maybe start a pack of my own.” The thought had surely crossed her mind once or twice. ”I’m not meant to follow others. But, to be followed and you know this Leo. I don’t do well with authority figures. No matter how nice and sweet.” She shrugged the idea away. No one would ever tell her what to do. She was her own woman.

Being alone had put a drive in Virgo that none would ever come to understand. Well, those that did not know her. She wanted to claim her own territory. To give it a name. Start a family. Raise her pups. All while having no one to answer to but herself. ”Which so happened to be another reason I came to find you. Despite missing you, I thought you would help and join me. Be my second. But, you’ve found a home. You look happy and I would never ask that of you.”
the staff team luvs u
06-09-2022, 01:25 AM
“Booooo Virgo you break my heart!” She shrieks softly. Letting her notes hitch just loud enough to be out of her usual range. “But I suppose I can't stop you.” Because if one didn't want to follow, how can you make them? The thought did at one time ago cross her mind to lead, to have everyone doting on her every need - but honestly... it wasn't for her. Leo loved the attention, to soak it in like a flower in the rain - but it was too much work.

Funny enough, Virgo would even offer the position of second in her pack. Which... wasn't uninviting or tempting by any means. Maybe if this was a year ago she wouldn't have been opposed... but now. “As nice as it sounds sister, I must refuse. It's too much work to be a leader, I would much rather lounge around and do some duties, and let Kore make all the tough decisions for us.”

Waving her paw dismissively to the thought, as though they were flies and she willed them away with a flick of her wrist off to the side away from the sisters. “Politics can be such a bore. It's just not for me.”

the staff team luvs u
06-09-2022, 05:39 AM
”That. They can be.” She let out a yawn of sorts. The day passing away as they talked and converse. Vira wouldn’t admit it. But, a nap called her name. A good drink and meal would definitely do at this time as well. ”Enough talking. I’m hungry and tired.”
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top