Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Think you're so criminal,

Midnight
P
Elkshire
04-21-2022, 10:15 PM
The moon was high, and she, felt alone. Yet within the forest she was not the only one that was utterly alone, as many within Elkshire felt within a despair. A loneliness none could patch between each other as but the greedy Queen kept all at bay, and torn away through her constant supply to the womb ; and now the forest itself was coated with litters of children but not enough wolves to carry them through. A bitch she so felt, and flinched at thinking of eyes upon her at this very moment.

Her family looking down upon her as she hide away within the den, not seeing anyone, not calling for the announcement.. Some though gradually discovered this, and she met many. Her young, the allied bear — but she wondered.. How would @Teodora think upon this night, as she returned so? Surely the woman noticed her growing belly, and yet Celnes would always deny.

Was the woman well? Did she find what she needed on her journey? To bring two sacred deer was a blessing, but.. 

The Queen looked out at the royal den, gazing at the moonlight. It seemed like the sky was dancing, as she took note of the galaxies shifting from the corner of her eyes, and a tail flickering. But she paid no mind, thinking it was just an illusion.

the staff team luvs u
04-23-2022, 04:23 AM
The skies stirred during the time of their birth. Though they may never hear such stories with their current predicament, where unwanted but not only the Deorwine standards, but their mother it seemed. Though she tried, it seemed a connection was not there and the children who stirred tried squirm in each others warmth. Where she could reach, she found elsewhere within the pile of young who moaned and mewled for many needs, as so young did.

Even the skies would roar, but they would not hear. Not she, at the very least, for one within a silence during the night.

the staff team luvs u
05-03-2022, 05:36 PM
^^

It had certainly been a surprise to learn that the Queen had been with child again. Children, she would correct, knowing from scent alone that there had been more than one child born to the Queen once again. Teodora had wanted to give her space, knowing that child birth was not terribly easy and likely the woman was tired but she could not hold off for much longer. The maiden was soft on children, adoring them so and finding nothing else as enchanting nor beautiful than a child. @Warwick was certainly her favourite of the Queen's first brood but you would not find Teodora admitting that to anybody. 

Teodora had not smelt the accompany scent of Vengeance so perhaps this litter was not born of him yet it did make her wonder who had fathered them. Celnes was a particularly private woman and Teodora knew she wouldn't find out unless the Earthen Queen so desired. Despite it all, Dora found herself jealous she had no little children pottering about. The maiden hadn't even a love to father them! It would do no good to dwell on it so dwell she did not, instead she would make quick work of trotting towards the Royal Den with a wag of her tail.

"My Queen?" she cooed softly as she approached, ghostly gaze glittering with excitement.
^^

the staff team luvs u
05-04-2022, 07:49 PM
Within a heartbeat, would Celnes give Teodora these babes. She didn't want them, even now. At the very least some motherly instinct leaked from her heart where she ensured their survival and not a complete ignorance, but the Queen was counting down the days when she could wean them early and fast and wisk them away ; and part of her wanted to see if anyone would perhaps be a guardian within her absence, raise them as the holy Deorwines they deem to be.. For she didn't have the heart, to raise more bastards within the mix.

A shame to give birth while her many were lost in the mixed. She was tired, and frail ; overally skinny from starving herself in the hope of a disaster and then a denial what was coming. A surprise they were safe.. Enough, at the very least. They mewled and cry and in between all that she heard, "Teodora?" Celnes peered her head out with a sunken look, a disaster of a appearance of anyone who was deemed royal.

the staff team luvs u
05-16-2022, 07:05 PM
^^

Oh.

Oh no...

"My Queen," Teodora breathed when she was close enough to see the sunken look of the Earthen Queen, clearly distressed, tired and not looking after herself. She hadn't looked this way with the first litter. "You are well?" the maiden asked softly as she settled at the mouth of the den, the children wriggling at Celnes' stomach, eager to feed. 

She thought to herself she would leave soon and return with some food from the cache for the sunken Queen, fearing the worst might happen if she did not start eating soon.
^^

the staff team luvs u
05-23-2022, 08:13 PM
"I am fairing fine," an edge to her voice — for denial had set in about her appearance. She always — would maintain she was fine, she looked fine for a Queen with the only crown could not be weak. Perhaps if she kept the title of 'King' as so her ancestors held, would she be viewed differently? Would others look at her more fondly, and with a more respect to the name? Ah, but she was tired of the confusion and mixhap even if her soul urned for the title once more. Queen, settled finely, but at times it made her feel but an inch away from the weaker crown.

She looked at Teodora, a small smile as for once.. The young were sound asleep, "how are you?"

the staff team luvs u
06-11-2022, 06:14 PM
^^

She did not wish to offend her Queen yet she could not help but ask softly, "truly?" her tone pleading, seeking to ensure that Celnes was being truthful. It was... it was perhaps bold of her to assume that if there were any needs the Earthen Queen might have she would profess them to Teodora but... perhaps the trust she held in the Queen was somewhat extended. To Teodora the crown did not matter, not truly, for Celnes was still a woman, a mother and she was... she was struggling, wasn't she?

The maiden's heart tore for her. Please let me in.

"I am quite all right," she murmured as she peered to the sleeping babes, a small smile on her delicate features. "Forgive me, please," the maiden pleaded, "I had not intended to be away for so long. I... I wish I had been here for more of your pregnancy. I am afraid that I failed you."
^^

the staff team luvs u
06-14-2022, 03:59 AM
She side-stepped as she answered once, and although did not show it internally there was some slight discomfort. She continued within smiles, pleased of the returning of the silken maiden. It was hard to tend such aloneness with only on occasion talking to another ; and many within Elkshire tended to themselves. She couldn't force them to interact and preferred not, as long as they simply continued providing to the pack.

"It is true I have missed you so but do not fret. You are here now to help tend," and most likely throw to the slaughter. In all that honesty she will happily give them to the other. She wondered if her trip was fruitful in anyway, bringing her the slightest happiness she surely needed since that one man was wisped away. Perhaps she needed a friend that was just as kind.

The Queen can do that much for a loyal member. She hummed lightly in planning, but continued her smiles, as her young lightly mewled for tending.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top