Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
poltergeist

Morning
AW
WillowClan
04-17-2022, 09:49 PM
the castle stands proud in its ruin.

it faces the sun and the lake's morning glare with aloofness of something that had lived shorter than both, but was older in spirit. light reaches trough the gaps and absences in its structure, but still much remains in the shade.

so it was not by light that the babe revealed itself, but by sound.

a single vail rings out trough the ancient keep, pitched like a young banshee's. after the sound is done reverberating, it is followed by a much quieter giggle. there is a clicking somewhere on the upper levels no longer accessible by any stairs, and then the vail repeats, and repeats and repeats.

more clicking. an old crow not spooked by the noise leans in trough a barren window and sees a pudgy creature of black and brown. it stumbles along on stubby legs, disturbing a layer of broken-off stone dust. it waggles to a different part of the ruin, and makes another entertaining noise.

how fun! all worry of being suddenly separated from mother's warm belly is forgotten in favour of this game. the pup prances on, continuing its ghastly vocalisations.

hello all! :D i'm a newcomer to this site, and i've decided to run a little experiment. i've made accounts for six three-weeks-old dog puppies, and with each of them i will post in a different pack territory. my goal is none, really. what happens to the pup is completely up to whoever finds it, and this does very much encompass both killing and adopting it. i'm doing this for the sake of seeing what happens, and getting acquainted with the site, its writers and characters in a way that'd be entertaining to me. i hope we all get to hame fun aaaand maybe commit some infanticide! ;D

the staff team luvs u
she does. she speaks. she thinks.
[Image: tumblr_o21bscL3FW1uf5cjoo1_400.gif]
04-17-2022, 10:15 PM
The tom cat moved through the land, happy with his new home. He had done some work with other members and now was taking his time to relax. As he moved through, he caught the sound and sight of a.. was this a puppy? His nose crinkled as he sniffed it, moving closer but slowly. What was this doing here. He would look around for a moment, wondering if @Moosebellow was around. What the fuck was he supposed to do with a puppy? 

Sitting down, he would flip his tail back and forth, though not cuddling the pup at all, after all, he hardly wanted to deal with a kitten, much let a youngster of a different species. "I sure hope someone comes by to pick you up soon." He spoke aloud, eyes still looking around to see if anyone else would show up.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: giphy.gif]
04-17-2022, 10:57 PM
oh! something new! the figure is slight and lean, and there is something strange in the very way they move, the swishing of their long tail.

the pup stumbles towards them. it attempts to sniff the stranger, perhaps even test its baby teeth on their hide.

when the shape starts talking, the babe stills, curious. it understands nothing that is said. not that it wasn't taught language, it can string together a babbling half-sentence as well as any other pup its age, but it'd never encountered so many words it couldn't connect with their meanings.

it doesn't affect its cheer. it yaps at the longtail, its own stubtail wagging.
the staff team luvs u
04-18-2022, 12:58 AM
 Was that a fucking bark that he just heard? What in StarClan's name was that shit? Was there a fucking dog in their keep? He opened his mouth and let the scents flood it as he followed the sound of dog. He didn't smell anything more than one dog and he didn't hear the frantic yowls of other cats in distress... which was good.

The large brown tomcat wandered the halls, searching and sniffing but he still didn't notice anything else. Having learned where everything was, he knew where the bark was coming from. And where it was coming from was a white puppy that was harassing Charlie. The tomcat bellowed out a laugh as he came closer and sat across from the brown tabby. "Charlie! You didn't tell me you had a fuckin' kid! Looks just like you!" And then he laughed again, amused at his own joke. It was a freaking pup, a baby. Who the fuck had dumped their kid here with a bunch of cats?

the staff team luvs u
M for Language

04-18-2022, 02:22 AM
The man watched the bundle of fur run towards him, making him back up slightly. However, the small creature was very persistent, making him fall backwards on his butt with an 'oof'. The small creature kept coming towards him, sniffing and nibbling on his body. What the fuck was going on here? Before he could entirely abandon this little demon fluff, Moosebellow showed up, making him sigh in thanks. "Oh thank fuck. Oh I probably shouldn't curse in front of the little shit... er... fuck.... damn it" He certainly had a way with words. 

Looking up at the man as he was being viciously mauled by puppy teeth, he would use his paw to flick a pebble at the man, huffing with narrowed eyes. "Oh shut your trap and help me. What the hell and I supposed to do with this da- darn thing?" He at least caught himself that time before cursing, but not well. He would move to detach himself from the pup, shaking out his fur and moving to hide behind Moose, totally using him as a puppy shield.

the staff team luvs u
04-21-2022, 03:05 PM
the stranger tastes like things the pup had never tasted before, and their sleek fur slips out its barely-toothed gums with ease. they stride past the fumbling pup, tip of their long tail brushing its nose, and the babe sits still for a moment.

then, sneezes.

that, too, echoes, and the babe giggles to itself.

it rotates around on its rear, to see what is now two shapes standing before it. how delightful! the pup raises itself onto four stubby - but already quite strong - limbs, and begins waddling towards the bigger and newer of the two shapes, full of enthusiasm.

a few waddles away from them, it stop and lets out a yap. it meant to convey "i like you! you're weird! come play with me!", but to a cat it might just sound... like a yap.
the staff team luvs u
04-22-2022, 01:14 AM
 Amused at the pebble flicking, he chuckled at the other brown tomcat. "I'm not even sure if the little fucker can understand us. I've never seen a fuckin' dog that could." Then again, he was here in this strange world where wolves talked. And weren't dogs some sort of deformed wolf? Wait... should he be calling the kid a "fucker", that didn't seem nice.

The sneeze briefly attracted his attention as he looked at the little pup that was making her way over. What were they supposed to do with the thing? "Well... it ain't a cat... but... it's still a kit. Er, pup." He stared at it, one eye narrowed as he tried to sort out this predicament. They might be able to ship her off to a wolf pack but she was smaller than any fucking wolf he knew. It sounded like one of those tiny yapping twoleg dogs... Hmm. The first wolf he thought of was Moir but then he figured that a place of debauchery was no spot for a kid.

He looked back at the hiding cat, briefly debating moving aside and letting the dog have him for gits and shiggles. "Maybe we outta keep it. The thing is so fuckin' small that it'd probably have an easier time with us than the wolves." What would Quinn think of that? Aaahh, she'd probably be fine. He'd explain it to her later.

The sharp, shrill puppy yap caught his attention again as he blinked and rubbed an ear. He put on a shit-eating grin and leaned down to address the pup, "You wanna stay with Uncle Moosebellow and Daddy Charlie? Hmm?" He was talking to the pup but it was clear who he was screwing with.

the staff team luvs u
M for Language

04-22-2022, 02:36 AM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2022, 02:36 AM by Charlie.)
The man clearly wanted nothing to do with the ball of teeth. While hiding behind Moosebellow, the man began licking his fur back down, glaring at the pup from the safety of behind his leader. This shit was not what he signed up for. "Well hopefully he doesn't understand a damn thing. Would abandoning him make me a bad cat?" He wasn't going to actually abandon the child, but he thought about it for a moment. Hearing Moose's words, the man sighed, narrowing his eyes at the cat's head. "We don't have to do a damn thing, you're choosing to do so." He huffed, though it was clear from his tone that he wasn't actually mad.

As the man listened, he let out a soft groan, flicking another small rock at the man in front of him. "Hey, fuck no, nope, not on your life son. This is your kid. I might be his uncle if he stop using me as a fucking chew toy." He glared down at the pup as he said that. "If you leave that thing with me, he'll either end up lost or in a river." It wasn't because Charlie was evil, just that he had no clue how to care for a child. He barely cared for himself.

the staff team luvs u
04-26-2022, 11:34 AM
great big apologies for the delay, hopefully i'll be able to reply faster now (´-﹏-`;)

the stranger with a single white lick upon their forehead comes closer to the pup, and speaks. the girl tilts its head, the words spoken not making sense. they are words, that it is sure, but they come out as gibberish mess of sounds the pup didn't know could form a sentence.

its head tilts to the other side. "aah-aahnhkool." it repeats, mouth slowly shaping the word. that sounds right. it straightens and lets out a victorious squeal-bark.

then, it attempts to round the whitelick and get to the other stranger. its gums had yet to get a good taste of them!
the staff team luvs u
04-28-2022, 02:14 AM
 "Oh the absolute fuckin' worst! May StarClan have mercy on your soul." He said, adopting a faux-solemn air as if the man was clearly the most terrible cat in the whole entire world. Obviously untrue. Who could expect a feline to want to care for a canine kit?

Moose could because after that adorable head tilt and then the sounding out of "uncle". Well, fuck, he'd fight the entire fucking clan to keep this little shit here. She was downright adorable!

But shh, don't tell anyone he was thinking that.

"Exactly!" He simultaneously tried ruffle the canine's fur affectionately and shoo her backwards away from Charlie. "Whoa whoa there, ya lil' tiger! We got other cats to go chew on! You wanna meet Snail? We'll let ya chew on some of his stuff!" He grinned and then rose to his full height, he would attempt to herd her away from Charlie and towards the area where the old cat stayed. He figured he could store the pup there until he talked to Quinn to find something official for the little dog. "C'mon! You wanna fuckin' help me get her to that old-timer, Charlie?" Dog would probably follow him all the way there since she had taken such a liking to the man.

the staff team luvs u
M for Language

05-01-2022, 01:12 AM
The man narrowed his eyes at Moose, flipping his tail in annoyance. These two were testing him and he was so close to failing. Starclan help him. However, as the small creature tried to sound out 'uncle' the man sighed, defeated. "Damn it, you're cute.... I still don't like you... but you're cute." He raised an eyebrow at the pup decided that she wanted to chew on him again. Nope, not happening. Thankfully, Moose was there to stop her. Good because Charlie was ready to drop kick the little shit.

Hearing the man's words, he would narrow his eyes once again, glaring at the man. "Seriously, you want me to act like fucking bait?" He sighed as he stood up, beginning to walk in the direction he needed the child to go in. "Fine but you own me! If she bites my leg one more time I'm leaving!" His threats were empty, they both knew that, but he still didn't want anything to do with the child. "You and your woman can adopt her. I don't have anyone to help me raise a whole ass pup." It was clear that he did think about raising her, but had all the excuses in the world not to.

the staff team luvs u
05-29-2022, 07:34 PM
yes. hello. i was SO CERTAIN i replied to this thread and told you to skip me from here on out, but apparently..... that wasn't the case. ಠ_ʖಠ

a soft paw plants itself on the pup's head and tussles the fur there. the girl yap-barks. then, something is explained. the child keeps a serious expression that only a baby with full comprehension of its circumstances can make - or one so confused its face doesn't know how to set itself.

when all the gibberish nonsense words finish coming out the adults, the girl gives a yap. and, as babytalk has no officially recognised dictionary, that yap could mean anything from "understood" to "why does your tail look like a chewtoy".

the white-licked adult guides her, in a rare example of a cat herding something, and the girl takes to the game with giggles and wags of the nubby tail, and utter disregard for what is wanted from her. it isn't until she is beckoned by her first target that the pup begins speed-waddling towards them.

properly entertained, she would play the game until her paws give up beneath her.
the staff team luvs u
05-30-2022, 04:22 PM
 "Yeah yeah yeah, don't worry! I'll make fuckin' sure it's worth your while!" He said with a smooth grin. He knew Charlie was just fucking around, just as he would be if faced with such a thing. It seemed like the little tyke liked him enough though, so it all worked out just fine. "Don't worry! After we get'em to the old timer, you'll not have to worry a bit about the terrifying little demon." He would take it from there.

With that, he'd help lead his little entourage to Snail in the hopes that it would all go over well.

Alright, so I'll make a new thread for Snail to adopt the pup <3 sorry about the brevity of the post

the staff team luvs u
M for Language

scroll to top