Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Snow is fleeting. Love is fleeting. You, though, are not.

Sunrise Partly Cloudy 55° F
04-17-2022, 07:10 PM

Snowdrift sat at the edge of a rocky cliff, watching the sunrise. At her side sat Delgata, cuddling with her. Snowdrift's heart was beating fast, and there was slight heat in her cheeks that wouldn't go away. Her thoughts also kept going back to Delgata, with all her beauty and kindness. 

The two had woken up early to see the sunrise, and it was paying off. For the sunrise was beautiful, with a myriad of colors. There was no sound to be heard except for the occasional shifting of Delgata. 

"Enjoying the sunrise, deliciae?" Snowdrift slightly buried her muzzle in Delgata's neck fur, breathing in the now-familiar scent.
the staff team luvs u
‡ Snowdrift ‡
04-17-2022, 07:31 PM
The woman was content, laying with Snowdrift and relaxing through the day. Her tail flicked back and forth slightly as she laid her head down on the ground, closing her eyes slightly though she was still wide away. At the sound of the other woman's voice, Delgata would lift her head, a soft smile on her features. "I am, it's very peaceful. What about you?" She had grown much closer to the other wolf recently, though neither of them had made the move to do something about it. 

Delgata wondered if she should, but she was unsure of the other woman's feelings, not really doing this before. This was all new to her.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-17-2022, 08:08 PM
Her heart fluttered at Delgata's soft smile, and she smiled back after a moment. She closed her eyes for a minute, basking in the first rays of the new day's light. 

"It's very nice." She responded, then subconsciously said, "Everything's better with you here, love.

She then realized what she said. Sacred stars, why did I say that?! Especially so loud and when she can hear it?! Oh my... 

She anxiously waited for Delgata's reaction, nervous that she would reject her and not want to be with her anymore.
the staff team luvs u
‡ Snowdrift ‡
04-18-2022, 11:11 PM
The woman had been in her own little world, though still paying attention to the other woman. However, hearing her slip of the word 'love' she cocked her head to the side for a moment, a soft smile on her face. "Love?" Her tone was one of happiness, a small smile growing rapidly on her face. 

"Do.. do you feel the same way as I?" She kept her question vague, letting the other woman draw her own conclusion from it.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-18-2022, 11:33 PM
Snowdrift was shocked at the happiness in Delgata's tone, and the smile that was growing on her face. Oh, yes! She's not angry! But rather... Happy? 

Then she was even more shocked at what Delgata said next. "Do I feel the same way as you? Do you... Do you mean you like me?

Snowdrift realized that Delgata might like her back after she said those words. She did feel like she liked- No, loved Delgata. "Yes, if you like me, then I feel the same...

Snowdrift waited yet again for Delgata's reaction. This time even more anxiously.
the staff team luvs u
‡ Snowdrift ‡
04-19-2022, 10:53 PM
The woman offered a smile, wagging her tail slightly behind her. Hearing the woman's words made her happy, much happier than she expected it to. She nodded as she stood up, moving to nuzzle against the woman. "I do, I very much do like you. Will, will you be my mate?" 

She knew it was quite earlier to say that, but she figured they had been together since they both joined and this step was an important part of what they could become.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-20-2022, 12:19 PM
Hearing Delgata speak those first words made Snowdrift unbelievably happy. Her tail wagged as she smiled brightly, her chest exploding as the other nuzzled her. 

"I feel so happy and relieved that you feel the same!" Snowdrift yipped in happiness, her cheeks extremely heated. Then Delgata asked her something. She was utterly shocked, yet happy, while her heart beat faster than it ever had before. Her cheeks heated even more. 

"Yes." She whispered at first, then it grew louder. "Yes! I will! I will be your mate!"
the staff team luvs u
‡ Snowdrift ‡
04-22-2022, 02:56 AM
She smiled as she heard the words of the woman, nuzzling her head into the woman's side. She was content and happy, now with her new mate. Everything seemed to be happening perfectly that Delgata didn't know if this was a dream or not. 

Curling herself around her new mate, she would smile, wanting to curl up and sleep with her. "I think I love you." She said softly, almost scared that if she spoke too loudly, the dream may end.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-26-2022, 02:01 PM
She too felt like this was a dream, as she had not expected her new mate to like her back. Snowdrift then angled herself to a position that allowed her and Delgata to be comfortable while lying on the ground, curled around each other and happy. She was beyond happy to know that her feelings were shared. 

"I think I love you too..." Snowdrift looked into Delgata's eyes to see her love reflected in them. She touched her nose to the other's, happy in all that was. "I love you too..."
the staff team luvs u
‡ Snowdrift ‡
scroll to top