Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Murder Lives Forever and so Does War

Morning
AW
Vanderfell Woods
Shiroshika
Hunter
04-14-2022, 08:04 PM
maybe she can meet someone from ss?

All had been said and done leaving Ira to tend to her mountain alone. What came next was beyond her borders and those in charge of respectful tasks would be the ones to ensure their job was done. All she had to do was wait. Easier said than done of course when one is prone to restless paws...Despite being homebound, Ira would not shirk her duties nor pretend what occurred would no longer affect her.

Shiroshika still resided within her walls and already they were beginning to see the impact. This was the third cache the roan queen had visited to sort through, though admittedly, there was little to sort. Food was not going to waste which was good, but it was depleting just as quickly from the stores. Perhaps when all had returned they could have a competition of sorts to lighten the mood and feed everyone's belly...

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
04-15-2022, 12:29 AM
The woman and her companion had gotten accepted not to long ago, now calling Shiroshika home, even though it seemed they didn't have an exact home just yet. But, that didn't bother Delgata. Now that she called Shiroshika her pack, she would do everything in her power to protect and help the pack where she could. For now though, that meant learning more about the pack and the others that lived there. For the most part, she was getting used to the lay of the land, taking note of how everything was where the other pack they lived with, Vanderfell resided. From what she had seen, that pack was nice and welcoming, something she was very grateful for. 

As she wondered though, a figure caught her eye, glancing over to see a creature that she though was in Vanderfell but wasn't entirely sure. The scents here mixed quite a bit and she hadn't met a lot of pack members so she couldn't be sure. Nonetheless though, the woman walked over a soft smile on her lips as she nodded her head in greeting. "Hello there, I don't believe I have met you yet. My name is Delgata, I just recently joined Shiroshika." She introduced herself at the beginning, always having an issue with forgetting to do so as she got deeper into conversations with others.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

Hunter
04-15-2022, 12:56 AM
As she inspected the various array of leftover meat a voice called out to her gaining the swivel of an ear. It wasn't one recognized, though that was particularly less bothersome now that their allies took shelter at the Summit. Ira spared a glance momentarily to the pale woman, pausing for a moment before turning back to the cache at her paws as she began to rearrange the food to recover. No, I don't believe you have. She held a striking resemblance to Reiko, granted much taller, but she knew of no pale wolves of her size. 

Once she was sure the cache was safely packed away she'd turn to properly address the woman. I am Ira, High Queen of Vanderfell Woods. I don't recall you in the fight. Have you personal connections to the tiger or were you simply unwilling to aid under freshly pronounced loyalty? The latter she could understand, though she had seen already the betrayal of one who was fond of Kuhn. Should another sit in the wings, Ira would not allow them to keep near. Little did she know, Reiko had done some fresh recruiting since retreating to her peaks.

the staff team luvs u
04-15-2022, 01:28 AM
It was clear the woman was busy, to Delgata remained where she was, rather patient as she waited for the woman to gaze upon her. However, as she did so, the words make the white shewolf cock her head to the side confusion was clear on her face for a moment before she recalled what her leader had told her. "I don't... oh! I'm going to assume you mean the recent war Reiko told me about. Unfortunately I wasn't apart of the pack when it happened, I only joined a little bit ago. I wish I could have helped back then, but I can at least extend my assistance when I can now." She hated not being able to help at their darkest time, but now she could help her pack as much as she could. And, though she had just recently joined, she was a very faithful wolf, willing to do anything to the pack that had opened its doors for her and gave her a home. 

Glancing back at the cache that the woman had been looking at, she would speak up again. "I would love to help gather food for both of the packs if that's alright. I'm a pretty decent hunter and would like to be useful." Though she had only been accepted not that long ago, she didn't like just wondering around with nothing to do.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

Misc Skill
04-15-2022, 01:49 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2022, 01:50 AM by Ira. Edited 1 time in total.)
For a moment she seemed to hesitate with a cock of her head and plain confusion. Ira merely offered the slightest turn of her own head as she watched the woman with a barely narrowed gaze. Overall the reaction was suspicious, though it was the words that followed that confused her. Wasn't a part of Shiroshika for the battle mere days ago? Pray tell, what does 'a little bit ago' detail to you? In what time had Reiko gathered new faces while she held no claim? More importantly, she had invited Shiroshika as trusted allies to her land, not strangers none knew of.

Suspicions aside...Delgata had done no wrong. Not yet at least and she seemed willing to work. It was enough to ask for given the current circumstances, but she would certainly speak with Reiko on the matter later. Hunting would be an excellent place to start. Vanderfell claims the Run near the base of the mountain, and while I'd prefer meals be found elsewhere for those not of my rule, I suppose some exceptions must be made on occasion. Whatever food Shiroshikans caught would ultimately end back in her paws anyhow providing it was not finished on the spot. Is there more to your skills than hunting?

the staff team luvs u
04-15-2022, 02:00 AM
She swore that she saw some suspicion in the leader's eyes, but considering what they had just been through, Delgata wasn't offended at all. She just hoped that she could ease the tension in her features. At her question, she woman would offer a very light smile, sitting herself down in a relaxed way, something she did a lot to show that she meant no harm. "Hmm, I believe only about a day or two ago? I spent those days mostly learning as much as I could about the land and getting settled in with my companion. But, I don't like not being helpful for long periods of time." She didn't know much about the Vanderfell Woods pack, but she had a feeling that the leader didn't trust easily. Delgata wasn't mad about that, but was simply impressed by how well both of the leaders were handling things after the large scale fight they had apparently delt with. 

Cocking her head to the side, she would think for a moment before speaking. "Well, I can fight, though I prefer to only have to do so when I need to. I'm not one to go out looking for a fight. It's one reason I chose to accept Reiko's offer to join the pack, I liked the idea of keeping peace as much as possible. And, well other than that, I know the basics of how to heal, like setting bones and healing wounds, and I am great with pups." She was a good enough fighter to hold her own in a fight and to protect her mate and her pack, and when it came to healing, she could help heal broken bones and normal wounds but that was about it. If she had a choice though, she would focus on hunting and helping out with pups.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

Misc Skill
04-15-2022, 02:37 AM
A day or two ago...she supposed Reiko had reason to not inform her of such developments given how fresh-faced she and her apparent friend were, but it was still a day too long for her liking. Had she sinister intentions, that time was all she needed to gather intel or harm her brood even with a close eye. It mattered little now...the deed was done and fortunately, no ill will had come from Reiko's decision. That would make two. If her word was true then there may be a wolf she could respect in the heart of this one. Had you a home with this companion, or do you as well come bearing lost pasts? A story far too common to come as a surprise by now. Truthfully, it would be more surprising had she resided elsewhere in this land before now.

Though she took another pause to think, it seemed Delgata had a list of useful skills to offer. If she was as near efficient as Quicksilver then her aid would surely be welcomed in a time of need. In that case you may be best familiarizing yourself with Vanderfell's healer, @Quicksilver. I am not sure who amongst Shiroshika can heal aside from the Empress, but many still suffer from wounds and our herbs have run thin. Thankfully the worst had been dealt with, but that did not mean both packs would evade harm or that others, herself included may need checkups down the line. You may find children afoot, but I ask that you do not interact with them for the time being. Just because you are labeled an ally does not mean I know you.

the staff team luvs u
04-15-2022, 02:59 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2022, 03:03 AM by Delgata. Edited 1 time in total.)
The white wolf hoped that she had eased some suspicion to the leader, a curious look on her face. She had a lot of question, but didn't want to ask them all now as she figured it would be in poor taste. Instead, she figured she would show her loyalty as much as possibly and ask questions when there was a time for it. With attentive ears, the woman would listen calmly to what the leader had to say, shaking her head slightly. "No, unfortunately, I woke up in these lands and not long after searching with my companion did we run into Reiko. She took us in when we didn't have any where to stay. It was very kind of her." She owed her life to Reiko, thankful that she had opened her doors for them. 

Nodding quickly, she would commit the healer's name to memory, taking note to go find them after this conversation was done. Hearing the statement about the children, the woman would nod her head, bowing slightly to the leader, holding no offense in her gaze. "Thank you, I will speak with them soon. And, of course not, I know better than to go anywhere near a pack's most prized members as a new pack. Especially those of a pack that is not mine." She knew that pups were everything to a pack, the only thing that would continue their line. Not only would she not go anywhere near the pups of her packs, but she had no intentions of going near the others packs children. 

"Would it be alright if I went hunting later? I don't want to intrude on your hunting grounds but I am still very new to the area so I'm not sure where I would be allowed to hunt. I will bring back all my kills for both your pack and mine though I would ask that if you could spare someone, that another come with me. I know that I'm brand new and I understand not trusting the newest members with your packs meals." She wasn't trying to be rude, but knew that she needed to prove herself, which is what she wanted to do.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

Misc Skill
04-15-2022, 03:35 AM
Just as she suspected then. Maybe it was true that none were really from this land, aside from those recently born of course. It only furthered her belief that the gods had begun this world anew, though for what reason she could not say. You will find most share similar pasts. The only variation is in how much one remembers. At least her story appeared true. If she had awoken recently then there was no time for her to side with their enemies, much less know of their plight.

Thank you. It should need no thanks, nor an agreement, but it pleased her ears to know the other's views. She had her wits about her which was more than she could say for some. I take no issue with your work so long as it benefits both packs. If you wish to hunt with others from Vanderfell or Shiroshika you need not my approval. The more willing to work hard the better, plus then she would have eyes on any new faces wandering about the land.

You need not fear calling on those who hold rank as well. If I am not busy, I am more than willing to lend a hand. Of course this was Ira though and she was practically always nose deep in some form of work. What of your partner? What will they contribute? So far the other had spoken little of their companion, granted she had not asked, but they were not present to speak for themselves now. That meant one more face wandering about whom she was not familiar with.

the staff team luvs u
04-16-2022, 10:19 AM
The woman offered a small nod, though she wasn't sure how she felt about the fact that many others dealt with the same issues she did. She hated the fact that she just appeared here one day but now that she was here, she couldn't really remember enough about her past to miss it. Now, she was pleased with where she was, enjoying her new life. She was slightly shocked to hear the leader thank her, as she really had no reason to, but nonetheless it made her smile warmly. For some reason, it made her see the woman as more than just a stressed leader. With a nod, the woman would flick her tail slightly, happy that she could hunt and help out. 

She really wasn't ready for the leader to say she could also ask her to hunt. Something about asking a high ranked member to hunt with her seemed odd, but at the same time it seemed like something that would be fun and help her strengthen her ties with not only her own pack but also the pack that was currently housing them. "Thank you, everything has been extremely useful."

Cocking her head to the side slightly, she thought for a moment as she asked about her partner. For a moment, she seemed flustered, the word partner catching her off guard for a moment before she cleared her throat and pulled herself back to her senses. "Oh, uh, well Snowdrift can hunt as well, we have done that a lot together. She's also quite good with kids but what I said earlier goes for her as well. I'm unsure about her healing ability as it thankfully hasn't had to come up yet in our lone travels." She figured she should know more about the woman she had been traveling with, but they had been too busy surviving to really get to know each other.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

Misc Skill
04-16-2022, 10:38 AM
Truthfully she was not sure what exactly the woman had found extremely useful, but she supposed it mattered little. So long as she had provided the means to swiftly assimilate into pack life so Delgata may be of more use early on. Though the circumstances were less than ideal, she may have fair chance at meeting her packmates should she assist Quicksilver in his duties. A fast way to gain their favor surely.

As the High Queen switched to interrogate about Delgata's friend she seemed to fluster. Though Ira would not raise a brow at the behavior, she had made note of her reaction. Perhaps she was not expecting to speak in the place of her friend. Unfortunately, this other woman, Snowdrift...seemed to have less that interested her. Just like Delgata, Ira wished to keep any new faces away from her or Reiko's brood. With healing talents unknown, the woman would likely be better off hunting or perhaps gathering resources to save the medics from distractions while they kept busy paws. As an aside, she would note her odd name. In a way, it matched Quicksilver's though his had been given less intentionally and more...literally.

Then it may be worth passing note to her where she may assist. Filling the caches or gathering resources should do in the meantime.

the staff team luvs u
04-18-2022, 11:09 PM
The woman would flick her tail slightly, calming herself quickly from her small freak out. She didn't understand why she was flustered... actually that was a lie. She knew exactly why she was flustered, but she didn't want to admit it. However, now wasn't the time to worry about that. 

Sitting quietly, the woman would offer a nod before speaking. "Yes ma'am, I will." Standing, she stretched her body for a moment before shaking out her fur. "I'm going to go ahead and go talk to the healer then I will go out for a hunt. I may not be apart of your pack specifically, but if you ever need anything, feel free to ask." 

With that, she would nod in farewell before turning to leave, only stopping if she was called back or the leader had something else to say to her.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

04-19-2022, 01:45 AM
Ira made no attempts to stop her. In all honesty, she would rather go back to work as well and they were both better off working than chatting with so many still recovering from their wounds. Very well. It's been a pleasure. She would dip her head as Delgata turned to leave and watch as the pale woman trod off. By the time she was out of sight, she would glance once more to the cache she had previously been working through then turned to take her leave confirming it needed nothing more.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top