Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
And you didn't fit the picture,

AW
Adventurer
04-14-2022, 04:38 AM
It bothered her.

There was a nagging, pulling feeling to the back of her mind that had Orlaith linger around the mountains ; a desire to climb to the very peak and shout her own name. To let the world know and pronounce she is here and not to go, and they could not simply kick her out and ignore her such as the warrior land as once did. She did not want a vengeance, but a true home at the very least.

Someone to call her own, where warriors look up to them and she could lead like she once did. Though even Orlaith knew that climbing the ranks weren't so easy, and that itself brought even more of an irritation. To start over from the ground up, to packs already well-established. The thought did come — hey, why not her own pack? But she didn't want to deal with the politics all of it, after watching the elders exchange and discuss inner conflicts and from the packs around them. Was much to of a hassle ; she found it much easier to simply be the muscle, and push her way through. 

Then came the issue — a mountain that seemed to called out to her was claimed. So she mostly kinda hovered around it, until really figuring out what to do or when the nagging feel within her chest will disappear. She tended to trust her instincts a lot, and this.. Was tricky.

She was hovering around the outskirts of the mountain, in a plains between the both large standing views. It was close to the tundra, as she could feel the occasional breeze brush by and see points of an everfrost tipping with a snowfall. Not something she wished to step anytime soon, but took note that they relatively close to the true north — or at least what she thought was true north. 

There wasn't particularly anything else nearby, besides even more forests and plains.. The lacking of other packs were around, but yet she could've sworn there was a mixture upon the mountain before her ; where two packs collide in smell. She sat below, staring at it with a narrowed gaze.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
04-14-2022, 05:06 AM
The woman had been getting a lay of her new pack, enjoying everything that she had finally found a home and a family. However, she did want to take a breather and explore the rest of the mountains. She did really like it here and wanted to learn more about the area around her. Moving slowly, the girl would take in everything that she could see, still in awe at the rolling hills and vast fields around her. 

As she walked, she spotted another woman, cocking her head to the side as she called out. "Enjoying the view? The mountains is a very nice mixture of forests, hills, and plains." She would move to sit near her, though giving the woman her space. "Are you alright, hun? You seem a little down." She flicked her tail back and forth, watching the woman with bright blue eyes.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

Adventurer
04-15-2022, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2022, 09:00 PM by Orlaith. Edited 1 time in total.)
A white wolf approached, they were cloaked in only so ; the pinnacle, of what an arctic wolf usually looks. Even with her memory those of true north usually held such features, snow-white in the making and.. She noted, they held the light blue eyes as most and knew to be true, they were of one. They smelled of the stone of the mountains the tips of it's ice ; but a pack held upon their pelt that she knew not of, for Orlaith didn't know really any packs. 

"Yeah, I guess," she shrugged lightly as it wasn't what she was entirely focused on — the scenery was just a plus to the view, and she wasn't really looking entirely. Though probably to any other she was admiring a view, "do you think it's pretty?" Orlaith didn't deny her company and shot the question back and wondering if so. She wasn't really one to appreciate the more finer details in life, be it the sky that blazed or the night that cooled — it was something seen everyday, and but a scenery that could be viewed any day as well. Sometimes it was nice though, she will admit.

"Nah," Orlaith grinned lightly with a huff, "no point of beating the dirt, only thinking."

Maybe she let them cloud her mind too much to the point it showed on her brows — wouldn't be surprising, she wasn't one to really hide her more intense feelings. She lifted a paw and rubbed the crease between so, before placing it back down. Thinking about the pack, and that mountain..

the staff team luvs u
04-18-2022, 11:04 PM
It was clear to the snow white woman that something was on the golden girl's mind. However, she wasn't going to press her about it. She was a little surprised to hear her question fired back at her and she would smile softly before speaking. "I do, I enjoy taking time to watch the world and its wonders." It may be an odd thing to do, but it helped calm her down when she was stressed. She currently had a lot on her mind, so being able to just relax like this was heaven sent. 

Cocking her head to the side, she watched the woman for a moment, before turning her attention back to the scenery in front of them. "I know I am a stranger and we may never see each other again, however if you need an ear to listen, I can lend you mine. Nothing you tell me will ever leave this place." She honestly didn't expect the woman to take her up on the offer and she certainly wouldn't be offended if she didn't. But, Delgata figured that maybe the woman could use a nonbiased ear to have, and she could offer advice if that's what she wanted, or just keep quiet and let her rant.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

Adventurer
04-19-2022, 04:15 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2022, 09:01 PM by Orlaith. Edited 1 time in total.)
She lifted a brow, "it's not that serious," not enough to share with a stranger, at the very least. Orlaith thought she was a bit pushy, maybe a bit nosey to someone she just met. Was one of those who held too much empathy for others. Sometimes they were alright to deal with — but God, were they pushy sometimes. Especially when it came to the arts of war, they always wanted to talk and try to settle it through when the warrior thought it was so much easier just to clack some skulls together. Sometimes a few wolves need a good beating, rather then beating around the bush for inevitable brawl that would come — but they also sometimes held some wisdom.

Orlaith was skeptical if this was one of them.

They were young, maybe a bit foolish to approach a loner that was staring at their mountain. For all she knew — she could be someone that was aiming for a take-over. Not that she wasn't, wasn't interested in making a claim or anything, and for the moment any packs, really. Just a mindless curiosity around itself, as the damn mountain acted like it was trying to draw her near. She was often in and out of faith, and wondered if this was the so called God wolves believe in, trying to lure her in.
She snorted lightly, "you should be careful approaching loners, for all you know they could be batshit crazy."

the staff team luvs u
04-19-2022, 11:03 PM
She figured the woman wouldn't want to speak about whatever was bothering her, however the white wolf wasn't offended, only nodded in understanding. Falling silent, she kept her eyes on the sky above them, only ears listening to the woman beside her. She didn't really care what the other woman thought of her and was simply taking in the beauty around her.

Her gaze never moved as she heard the woman's words, a soft chuckle escaping her lips. She shrugged slightly before speaking, seeming to have very little care. "That's alright, everyone deserves to meet a friendly face every once in a while. If you would have told me to leave you alone, I would leave and feel no negative emotion towards you." She would finally turn her bright blue eyes upon the woman. "And just because I strive for and enjoy peace doesn't mean that I can not, or will not protect myself."

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

Adventurer
05-02-2022, 09:04 PM
Maybe she was being too harsh, for whatever flame Orlaith bashed at the other she took within an ease and a smile. It definitely brought a raise of a brow, though an internal feeling of guilt that she wouldn't show. An ease in her posture at the very least, as she huffed lightly at the other, "You are too trusting," so the fireclad warrior would comment on the snow-white wolf. Whether that was good or not, couldn't really be said ; Orlaith thought maybe a bit foolish, even if she had a good art. Thank God the other was within a pack, at least, otherwise really could be swept away by some deviant.

She was lucky that this wolf wasn't like that ; just had a chip on her shoulder.

"I'm Orlaith, who are you?"

the staff team luvs u
05-04-2022, 12:30 AM
Blue orbs would watch the other woman, a soft chuckle escaping her as she hear the woman's words. A simple shrug before she spoke. "Probably, but that's alright. This world is filled with too many untrusting creatures that sometimes, a different perspective is needed." She knew the danger she put herself into by trusting everyone off the bat, but no matter what happened, she wouldn't change that mentality. "I don't know who you are, you may be a murderer for all I know, but right now, you're taking the time out of your day to sit and chat with me. That in itself is worthy of some trust I think." She would smile sweetly and nod, bowing in greeting to the other woman. "It's very nice to meet you sweetheart, my name is Delgata."

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#3498db]
  • German [#000066]
  • Spanish [#0000ff]
  • Russian[#6600ff]
  • French [#339999]
  • Japanese [#66ffff]

Adventurer
05-05-2022, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2022, 06:10 PM by Orlaith.)
"You are a mix of someone that seems nice, or someone that deserves a pounding, there is not a between, " Orlaith narrowed her look at the other, "don't call me sweetheart." She didn't like cat-calling names as so, regardless how sweet the other may be. At the moment was in this constant mixture of a busy-body that was trying to do nice, to then someone that perhaps needed, a beat-down. Maybe that way she wouldn't go off assuming about others, or giving them unsolicited nicknames. But Orlaith wasn't that much of an asshole to attack someone unprovoked.

She was just annoyed.

Felt wary, then trusting, and now back to a wariness against the other.. They were suspicious, Orlaith now deemed. She got up, "i'm going to leave, nice meeting you." Surely was going to meet a lot of weirdos in the future but she can avoid others. Taking a mental note of this one though.. White, blue-eyed, smelled of a pack, and name of Delgata — a nosey one, and someone she imagined would find injured on the outside of her claim.

"Be careful." The warrior would say, turning away.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top