Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Come out, Come out

Early Morning Sunny/Clear
AW
04-14-2022, 12:29 AM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2022, 12:38 AM by Krakarak. Edited 1 time in total.)
Currently AW but if no Windmere wolves want to join then I'll mark it as read-only and archive in a week with an edit!

Windmere. What a stupid fucking name. All these wolves and their flowery names. It was disgraceful! He hated them all! All except Northfall... and even that name wasn't amazing. One couldn't caw it properly. "Windmares!" See? That sounded terrible. In an annoyed mood he flew about the hollow with its high halls. He couldn't' see any movement beyond prey and he zoomed closer, looking around for any signs of wolven life as he flew about. "Windmares!" He called even louder, searching and searching for the healers that Ragnar had requested.

"WINDMARES! YOU WOLFS ALL FUCKING SLEEPING?! COME OUT! KRAKAWA!" His diplomacy was sorely lacking...

the staff team luvs u

"Speaking in Common Tongue"
"Язеьнсхж сх Иьэех ШдхжкебФсиа Шдхжке!"
Ecologist
04-14-2022, 12:46 AM
The man was sleeping peacefully in the middle of the field, cuddled up in a small plot of flowers. It was really nice here and after traveling through here, he found himself staying here for the most part. He was just enjoying a nice and quite nap. That is until he heard a rather annoying bird fly through screaming about 'Windmere'? What the hell was that and why was he screaming it constantly. With a soft sigh, he lifted his head and looked over at the raven, eyes still heavy with sleep. 

"Excuse me good sir, why are you screaming for.. whatever you're yelling?" He stretched for a moment and yawned before standing up. Shaking out his fur, he blinked the sleep out of his eyes before sitting himself down. Looking up at the bird, he would wait patiently for a reply. In the meantime, he would sniff the air, taking in the scent that this new creature brought. He kept that scent locked away in his mind, though he also noticed the bird was apart of a pack? No, a group? Vincent wasn't entirely sure, but it was going to be something he would ask later.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#27ae60]
  • French [#669900]
  • Spanish [#66ff00]
[Image: d455c721-6913-11ed-be62-138f42b8ade7.gif]
04-14-2022, 09:31 PM
 Ah-ha! There was a wolf! Brown and drab and ugly! Blegh! What horrible fur colors! Whatever, it didn’t matter how they looked it mattered that they were from Windmere.

Krakarak settled into a nearby tree so that he could peer down at the wolf. ”You deaf?! You got worms in you ears?! Krak Krak! Krakarak call for WINDMARES!” Jeez, ugly and he didn’t know how to listen. ”You a Windmare? You a healer? Krakak!” He glared, annoyed at the –in his opinion—dumb question.

the staff team luvs u

04-15-2022, 12:06 AM
Vincent had been raised well by his mama, always told if he didn't have anything nice to say, than to not say anything at all. And so, he just sighed at the obnoxious bird, keeping his thoughts to himself about how idiotic the creature was. Nonetheless, after taking a deep breath, he would speak up. "I ain't quite know what a 'windmare' is so no, I ain't apart of them. I ain't know a thing 'bout herbs either, but I do know how da hunt." He didn't know why he was explaining himself to the bird, but he was anyway. "Ya did interrupt my sleep doe." He muttered to himself almost, silently wondering if he could eat the bird. He did look kind of tasty. 

"I ain't apart of no pack, I ain't really seen hide nor tail of ah pack since I showed up 'ere. Imma assume by ya smell dat ya'll part of one?" He was learning more about the lands as he went, and this seemed like a perfect opportunity to do so.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#27ae60]
  • French [#669900]
  • Spanish [#66ff00]
04-15-2022, 08:50 PM
 Wasn’t a part of Windmere? ”Then you useless! KRAK!” He was in no mood for useless creatures! He was on a mission, a mission in the dumb storm for Ragnar! Hmph! He didn’t have time for the idle prattle that this one wanted! ”Good! Krakarak hope you never sleep again! He hope all the dumb crows keep you awake! Krak!” He was just being rude because he could, because he was safe in the tree and because he felt like he could take his anger out on this guy. This guy wasn’t Ragnar and couldn’t tell him to buzz off. He had no power here!

”You want pack? Go that way! Krakaw! Northfall there!” He pointed with a wing towards the way he’d come and then he’d flap into the sky, scattering a couple of feathers as he flew away muttering about “useless fucking wolfs”. He’d head to Elysium next. The strange ones there might know something about healing.

the staff team luvs u

04-16-2022, 03:20 AM
This bird was really testing his patience and how well he would listen to his mommas words. Be nice, don't yell, don't raise your voice. It they were being mean and rude to you, it just meant that they didn't have enough love in their lives. This bird clearly wasn't getting loved. 

"Sorry I an't what ya lookin' for. Thank ya for ya time good sir." He said simply, though he was trying his hardest not to yell. Laying his head back down, he would begin to close his eyes again. Hopefully this bird would get the hint and leave him alone. He might have been interested in looking at the pack he talked about, but if that was the pack this bird was from, he most certainly wasn't interested. He made a mental note to check it out later though.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#27ae60]
  • French [#669900]
  • Spanish [#66ff00]
scroll to top