Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
I've been a mess since you stayed

Midnight Sunny/Clear 80° F
P
04-13-2022, 04:10 AM
@Satan :> set late night after our last thread!

Nyra arrived at the Eye heaving for breath, this time from her hard press with stamina against all fucking odds.

As the warmaiden skidded to a stop, she looked around, feeling a vague sense of familiarity about this place...

But no memories to help. 

Growling to herself, the behemoth skulked around the top of the Eye, keeping her hellfire-golden gaze constantly watching the horizon. 
She had a feeling she wasn't entirely safe, yet. 

Her hackles prickled along her spine in the meantime.
the staff team luvs u
This is my art, and it is dangerous 
Formation
Paladin
04-13-2022, 06:56 AM
He had kept up with her quite easily, after a few moments realizing where she was going. This was the place Marvel had told him about. This was just perfect it seemed. He had heard there was an underground area here and he hoped this would be a wonderful place to set up roots. Seeing her slow down, he would lower his head to the ground, his lips raising in a snarl. Ears pinned back and eyes narrowed as he watched her, creeping forward slowly. He would attempt to put himself in front of the opening, hoping to push her into the cave.

"Looks like you took a wrong turn sweetheart. However, I do want to thank you, this is the perfect place for Warcrest to call home. Now I just have to get what fight you have left in you out. So I will give you two options. You can either call this place home willingly and be provided with a home, food, and even a rank. Oooor, you can continue to fight me, and I will beat you until you submit to your new life. Maybe if you're good, I might even let you see your family again."

He figured she wouldn't take his deal, but he thought he would give her one last chance to go about this the correct way. Otherwise, this would be a long night for the both of them.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 594e2082-689d-11ed-b829-057c57b7de88.gif]
04-14-2022, 12:53 AM
Nyra curled her lip as the tyrant approached, putting himself between her and another escape attempt. 
She was so fucking tired...

So as he spoke, clearly insistent upon her staying with him and his lackeys, she let out a long, defeated, guttural growl and snorted sharply.
"Yeah, whatever, fine." if you're that desperate.
The Warmaiden was too injured and too tired to give enough shits about putting up more of a fight about staying in the bastard's company. 
With that, Nyra would wait for him to do or say whatever he was going to do or say, so she could get on with her night and take a fat nap once the sun started to rise.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
04-14-2022, 03:14 AM
A sly grin cross the man's face, hearing her submit to him. It was music to his ears seeing how much she fought him. But, he wasn't dumb enough to believe that she wasn't going to try and run again. He had made that mistake once and wouldn't do it again. So, he gestured with his head towards the cave entrance. "Good. Now go on, in you go. Do you really think I'm going to let you stay out here after you ran from me twice?" 

He was going to stay at the entrance of this cave, at least until he was sure he could trust her. Sitting down, he watched her closely, waiting to see if she would try to run away again. This was a perfect place for his new pack and once he was sure she wasn't going to run, he would officially call it his home.

the staff team luvs u
04-14-2022, 05:39 AM
Go inside. 
Easy enough. 
With a soft rumble, Nyra would turn and prowl through the Eye, descending underground to preferably find a suitable place to rest.
She was exhausted, but the scent of water piqued her curiosity enough to get the warmaiden to descend further down.

She looked behind her once or twice along the way, but was mainly focused on finding the source of the scent.

Eventually, Nyra found herself in a temple- like room, where the floor was a vast, deep pool of red liquid. Probably deep enough to hit her withers?
A taste test confirmed it was only water, but it looked enough like blood to be convincing otherwise. 

Murmuring to herself, Nyra said entirely from the urges of her subconscious "This place is sacred." 
She eased down on the top of the stairs, deciding she'd rest herself in here for the time being. 

Once lying down, she felt a sense of peace, and her tension beginning to slowly fade. 
Hopefully if the tyrant bastard followed her down here, she thought, he wouldn't fucking ruin it.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
04-14-2022, 07:07 AM
In all honesty, he was rather shocked that she actually went inside, though he had no doubts that she still had ideas of escaping. But, that would be something to deal with tomorrow. He let her go inside before following behind her, giving her enough space to do her own thing, but still close enough to see her. As she lapped up the water, he would lay himself down in the middle of the entrance of the cave, a little way inside so that the sun wouldn't hit him when it rose. She may assume he was doing so to keep her inside, which was a part of the reason. In reality though, he did it to protect his members. If this was going to be their home now, which it was, than he needed to get used to protecting them. 

Laying down, he kept his back towards her, facing the entrance so that if anyone uninvited showed up, he would be able to be the first line of defense. A quick sniff of the area told him that they were indeed alone and slowly he lowered his head to the ground, laying there with eyes open, thinking of what was to come.

the staff team luvs u
04-15-2022, 12:45 AM
Nyra began to tense slightly as the tyrant approached behind her. 
But he said nothing, instead lying down in the entrance to the room of the lake with red water.

It was silent for a long few mintes before she grumbled and adjusted herself to see her mirror image lying in the entrance behind her.

"What's your name anyway?" She asked, though her tone was gruff it was less malicious than she had been before now.
She'd offer her own first, just in case he would pull a 'give something to get something' move.
"Mine's Nyra." 
the staff team luvs u
Formation
04-15-2022, 02:12 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2022, 02:12 AM by Satan.)
He had been laying in the opening, eyes closed but ears alert to anything happening in his land. So, it was quite easy to pick up her movements as she moved around, though he didn't say anything about it nor did he turn to look at her. Honestly, he didn't pay her any mind until he heard her words, ears twitching being the only indication that he had heard her. After hearing her name, he would speak his own, though didn't move to look over at her. "Satan. Satan Drazen." He said simply, assuming that she would make fun of his name, though at the moment he didn't care enough to growl at her or get annoyed. He fell quiet again, though ears still turned towards her showed that he was listening to her still.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
04-16-2022, 01:41 AM
Nyra tilted her head slightly as he said his name. She wouldn't have known anything about a being called Satan found in religion. After all, she'd only truly been exposed to Dairinn's spiritualism as far as she recalled (Thanks amnesia.).

The warmaiden sighed deeply and studied the man called Satan. 
It sounded like a fierce name, an evil name. It suited him, as far as she was concerned. 
By his tone she didn't think he liked it though.
So, she would inquire. 
"You don't sound like you quite enjoy your name. You could change it, yknow, if you wanted to." 
the staff team luvs u
Formation
04-16-2022, 03:09 AM
The man was mildly surprised that she didn't say something rude or aggressive about his name, but maybe she didn't understand what his name meant. Nonetheless, it seemed she had a question, one that he had never really been asked before. Lifting his head for the first time since he laid down, he would turn to face her, shifting to lay on his side. "My name comes with a lot anger and pain. As much as I hate my past, if I were to rid myself of my name, I may forget my past and what I've learned. I won't allow myself to do that." His eyes glazed slightly as he thought about his own past, unfortunately still remembering it after arriving in these new lands. He wasn't sure if that was a blessing or a curse. 

He would shake himself out of the memory before looking over at her, pink eyes looking tired. He waited to see if she would have any more questions and seemed to have no problems with answering anything she asked.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
04-17-2022, 12:58 AM
Nyra hmmed softly as he answered her question in that deep voice of his. 
He seemed tired, though willing to answer her questions. 

She was silent for a time, before she asked another inquiry. 
"Why do you want me here so badly?" Her tone was again slightly raspy, as her voice always was, but it held a tired curiosity and still no malice or aggression. 
Interest, perhaps. 

She leveled him with a curious gaze, though the fire in her golden hues remained alive even though she had essentially submitted. 
Defeated, yes. But not broken. 

Not ever.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
04-17-2022, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2022, 03:33 AM by Satan. Edited 1 time in total.)
Even as he faced towards her, his head was down and soon his eyes closed again. However, ears still listened out. It took quite a long time for her to speak up again that he wondered if she had fallen asleep or given up talking to him. Either way, he didn't really care. 

However, after several minutes, he heard the voice speak up again, this time asking a question that seemed to be burning on her lips for some time now. Opening his eyes, he would sigh for a moment as he lifted his head, watching her for a moment. Catching the fire in his eyes, he chuckled softly, nodding towards her.

"Exactly that right there. You have a fire in your eyes that amuses me, keeps me entertained. I could have simply asked you to join me, given you some reasons to, but I'm not a nice guy nor do I have nice intentions towards anything I do. I take what I want as I have always done. Nothing changes that." His answer was brutally honest as he found no reason to lie. 

Most of the time, he was honest in what he said, knowing he would have the brute strength to get what he wanted instead of hiding behind lies and tricks.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
04-17-2022, 11:08 PM
Nyra huffed softly as Satan answered her second question. She was almost offended.
She amused him. Did it have nothing to do with her obvious physical power?

With a soft grumble of acceptance, the Warmaiden would relax and lie her head over her paws, eventually starting to fall into a deep slumber.
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top