Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
A stranger's hand clutched in mine

Pre-formation
03-19-2021, 06:54 AM
^^A shaky exhale left him as she pulled away - thinking maybe she wanted distance and to have some space. He understood that. He'd respect it and her choice. What she said instead made him let loose a breath he'd held, blue eyes staring into hers. “I want you to stay. I want you happy.” Hades urged it, his eyes trailing over Persephone as a smile grew on his face. “Queen of Winterheart.” Hades smile grew as he stood and leaned in to press his nose against her temple. “And in time, maybe, I will earn the right to be your king.” Hades wanted to take his time - to learn her more and to understand and build their bond. That was the least of what he owed her and himself. “What we build together will be amazing.”^^
the staff team luvs u
03-19-2021, 08:29 AM
“Oh no you don't. I can't lead by myself! You have to be King. I can be backup or something until I learn the ropes.” He wasn't getting off that easy. Persephone wouldn't allow it. Still, with the fact that she was going to stay settled here, there was no urgency to any of it. Hades was right that they weren't pressed for time. They could go slow and figure things out. Together.

“Come on,” She said, tail whisking behind her. “Help me try and find Salene.” It was a request as much as it was a gentle demand, though if he didn't want to, Persephone wouldn't have minded.
the staff team luvs u
[Image: 32742104_CtCyQBtRsKxdbdr.gif]
— Hades is welcome in any thread Persephone is in, and, may powerplay her if the need is there
— Mother, please stay out of my threads :c
Pre-formation
03-19-2021, 09:28 AM
^^Hades laugh was warm and he shook his head quickly. “Little Goddess I would never abandon you that way.” Hades wouldn't let it happen, not to Persephone and not to Winterheart. “I am King in Winterheart, but to be your King is entirely different.” Hades explained. Still he was quick to follow her lead, tracking along the area. “What does she look like?” Hades asked curiously, still trying to track another scent. There was nothing. He was perplexed, because he believed Persephone. “You didn't fall asleep here, did you?” He teased warmly. No matter where he seemed to scent there was nothing - not a hint of Salene, or anyone else, other than their scents.^^
the staff team luvs u
03-23-2021, 05:52 AM
100!

Her King. Her stomach fluttered again, looking to him fondly for a moment before continuing her search. “She was beautiful. Elegant and petite but you could tell she was strong. Cream and white and mismatched eyes.” She was as confused as he was though, frowning as she failed to pick up any sent, even in the little hollow.

“No, I know I wasn't asleep.” Despite his teasing, the spring wolf's tone was puzzled. Maybe she had fallen asleep but... If that was the case... How did she remember the dream so vividly? Huffing gently, Persephone gave up her search, returning to Hades' side. “Ready to go back?” She asked, obviously a tiny bit miffed.
the staff team luvs u
[Image: 32742104_CtCyQBtRsKxdbdr.gif]
— Hades is welcome in any thread Persephone is in, and, may powerplay her if the need is there
— Mother, please stay out of my threads :c
03-23-2021, 06:02 AM
^^She seemed put out and he made a gentle face before he touched her cheek, trying to soothe her a bit. “Lets go,” Hades agreed before he began to lead her back towards where they'd all started to bed down. It was a natural sort of thing as they wove through the trees - the bite of night wasn't so sharp, they could rest and feel relaxed. “Soon I'd wager we're going to see the flowers blooming and the grass growing. The snow will be gone soon enough."” Hades said, hoping to distract her as they walked back. “You'll have time to give me those lessons, hopefully I'll memorize a few of the plants.” Hades had a good mind for memorization and a good ethic for learning. When they'd made their way back Persephone did settle back into him, her lean stretched to lean across his back and his the same across hers. “Goodnight, my Queen^^
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top