Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Cheek to Cheek in Hell

Early Morning Overcast 33° F
P
03-20-2022, 02:51 AM
 He didn't remember going to sleep in a bear den, but he woke up in one. 

He didn't remember going to sleep with a bear, but he woke up with one. 

The dozy beast, lids still crescent-crusted from its Winter's nap, huffed to lucidity and scream met snarl. 

Pivoting on his ass in the too-tight space, Pike yeeted himself from the den with enough velocity to kick melting snow back at his ursine bedfellow. 

He didn't stop running until he crested a hill and saw a living fire blazing at the bottom of it. “Thalia!? The fuck are you doing here?”

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
03-20-2022, 03:28 AM
A distant growl, along with a scream could be heard where she stood. Ears twisting to meet the sound before turning her attention anywhere else. Not her pig not her farm when it came to bullshit like that.

It was her name being uttered on a foreign tongue that halted her step. Or was it foreign? A part of her felt it was familiar, yet so far away in the recesses of her mind that it was only now being lit up again. Burning brighter and demanding attention as she turned to see the spotty man roar over the hill in a desperate sprint.

“Pike?!” She bristled in shock. Like a surprised kitten. Me?! What are YOU doing here?! Since WHEN?!” Cerulean eyes tugged behind him to see if he was the one who screamed with whatever it was at his tail. Like hell, this is how her day would go huh?

the staff team luvs u
03-21-2022, 01:59 AM
 “Since I just shot outta some bear's den like it was a goddamn birth canal!” This was far from the temperate region he'd been in the night before, coniferous trees growing like sturdy sentinels in the melting snow. 

The speckled wolf picked his way down the ravine towards the flame he hadn't seen in over a year. “Picked a dank place to slink off too, didn't ya?”

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
03-26-2022, 11:00 PM
Ew.”

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=82a1493byvl6gf2dsgim7n1uus6...w.gif&ct=g]

The way Pike described his arrival was downright disgusting. “Is that literal?” The sides of her lips lifted in revulsion. He didn't look like Pike was literally just birthed, you know, without all the birthing gunk and stuff.

“I didn't pick here on purpose! I just sort of appeared. Woke up or something in a tree I don't remember climbing, I don't even know how to climb, and haven't climbed since, with a huge fucking hell cat thing called a tiger skulking beneath!” A pause... A shift in her features and suspicion painting her features while looking at Pike with a wayside eye. Are you stalking me?

the staff team luvs u
04-02-2022, 01:33 PM
 She started monologuing about a random entrance that was almost as traumatic as his. Almost. 

Was he stalking her? Barking out a laugh, he sidled closer, eyes glittering. Ha! You fuckin' wish.

“I know you missed me, Lia. I know you've been pining, but me showing up here is as crazy as a mosquito drinkin' water.”

Speaking of buzzing, obnoxious things - he looked around for the rest of his pack, but Thalia was the only wolf within any kind of proximity. “So it's just you out here?.”

the staff team luvs u
04-04-2022, 07:40 PM
“Why would I wish for a stalker?” At least Pike was just as strange as ever - at least to her. If he wasn’t she might have accused him of being some kind of skin walker. A downright fraud who looked like someone from a past life that she barely remembered to begin with.

Rolling her eyes at his belief that she ‘pined’ for him in any way, she began to walk way. Already done with his little game but not enough so to not welcome him to walk with her. “So far, you’re the only familiar face I’ve ever seen and I’ve been here for a year.” A year. Wow. It disgusted her to think of. A year and nothing to show for it. No pack, barely any friends if one even counted.

the staff team luvs u
04-09-2022, 02:26 PM
 He followed her, stuck like a bur to her backside. 

“Always did wonder where you went.” Maybe he could quit being mad now that he knew disappearing hadn't been her choice. That she'd woken up here without a clue just like he had. 

Nah.

Trotting forward, he shoulder-checked her, shoving her slightly as he passed. “Kinda glad to be rid of the rest of 'em.” Trading his home pack for this flame? A bargain deal in his book.

“Guess yer stuck with me.”

the staff team luvs u
04-10-2022, 06:11 PM
“Just admit it, you missed me.” She scoffed over her shoulders, ears tilted back to catch the sound of his footsteps while Pike followed closely behind. “Fucking softie, its almost disgusting.” The fiery woman laughed with a flick of of tail, head tilting toward the sky with a haughty attitude.

An action that was cut short with Pike’s shoulder meeting hers, hard enough to send her shuffling to keep her balance. As he trotted by, she’d nip at the air while he passed. “Wish I could say the same with you.” Whether or not she was happy to see a familiar face was still not quite certain.

After all, she was doing just fine so far without him.

But could it be better with?

With him ahead of her, she’d take this as an opportunity of her own. Running up to nip him in the thigh and off ahead. A drive by nipping. “I didn’t agree to it.” A pause, this time swinging around to face Pike before he could do something again with her back turned. “But I mean if you begged I might be swayed to let you follow me.”

the staff team luvs u
04-23-2022, 11:39 PM
 There was a sharp prick of teeth. Pike swung his head to look at her, eyes narrowing as she danced away and out of reach. 

“So where are we going?” He asked, casting his gaze wide. “What place sucks the least?”

the staff team luvs u
Formation
05-02-2022, 05:30 PM
“Hell if I know.” And it wasn't a lie. Every day she just wandered a little more. Taking it one day at a time and see what today brought.

“I suppose...” She paused in stride and speech as a thought popped up in her head. “Maybe with you here we can make some place suck less.” It was a thought. There was little they could do just the two of them... but two was better than one, and it was a start.

the staff team luvs u
05-02-2022, 05:41 PM
 Pike had always had more ambitions than smarts. “Sounds like a fuckin' plan to me.” A pack with Thalia. He grunted with contentment as he thought of the potential. At least it wouldn't be boring. “C'mon - let's go find a rock to pee on.” It would be as good a flag of ownership as any.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top