Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Group Only
I'm the man on demand 'round here,

Group Only
Empyrean
03-17-2022, 06:11 PM
@Osiris

She hadn't hung out with her brother too much one on one, usually all their siblings would want to hang out with him too. That could be the same with any of the older ones — wait, she hadn't seen the other ones has she? Of course she is aware she is not the first liter, only the first that was born within the mountain itself. She had older siblings, and the only one she really knew was..

"Brother, where are our other siblings?" Ara asked.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
03-17-2022, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2022, 06:40 PM by Osiris.)
It’d been a while since Osiris had thought about his littermates. He firmly believed in the “out of sight, out of mind” mantra; it wasn’t productive to dwell on subjects or beings that were out of reach.

”They didn’t make it to the mountain,” he replied. Osiris didn’t sugarcoat anything for his younger siblings. ”I’m not sure where they could be, but I don’t waste my time thinking about it.” He knew that she’d have questions, and he would answer them as best as he could.

the staff team luvs u
03-17-2022, 07:12 PM
She tilted her head. Ara knew nothing about them, though she could say she at least knew of their existence and name. Almost as if they were deleted in life itself, and in truth she wasn't that curious. She had her own siblings, though boring as they may be sometimes, and lackluster in fights — they were hers, as well as her older sibling Osiris.

"Why?" but like all children, she would start her questioning phase, bringing out more words then usual.

the staff team luvs u
03-17-2022, 07:23 PM
”Why?” Ara asked. Osiris felt the weight of the question, unsure of the answer. Despite not knowing what to say, he would explain to her what had happened to the best of his ability.

”I don’t know,” he replied. ”Has mother told you about our lives before we made The Nameless Mountain our home?”

the staff team luvs u
03-17-2022, 07:59 PM
Ara shook her head, though she had some knowledge.. Most of it was either not remembered, or so little that within her mind it didn't count. She was curious though about the life before Empyrean, and the word 'Moonspear,' sometimes hung around from other packmates. However true knowledge was often in the vague that she really didn't know, much less who her other siblings were like. 

It was a wonder if perhaps she'd ever actually get to meet them, and couldn't deny a curiosity rose on how her other family were like. She looked at Osiris with expectations he would feed her more about it.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
03-17-2022, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2022, 08:32 PM by Osiris. Edited 1 time in total.)
When Ara shook her head, Osiris nodded. ”We lived on a mountain called ‘Moonspear’. It was founded by our grandparents, Charon and Amekaze.” His grandparents had died before he was born, but had met his grandmother in his dreams. ”Mother and father lead us for a long time—and the pack thrived under their leadership.” They had a great track record; Empyrean thrived.

”It was so successful that I was able to lead a sister pack next door in a territory called ‘Firefly Glen’. I lead alongside my brothers, Antares and Atlas.” The next part of the story was tricky—he couldn’t remember what came next.

Osiris studied Ara, making sure she followed his story and offered space for any questions.

the staff team luvs u
03-20-2022, 10:26 PM
Ara knew the general concept of the pack's hierachy. She didn't know other packs were different, but knew there was the Alpha's, the Beta's, and those below them. The higher one is, the more respected they are, and valued, by the the leaders itself. She of course, wanted to be Beta then, despite knowing her uncle at the moment took this crown. That, and she was just a child.

But hearing her brother was one of those Alphas? Her tail wagged with a curiosity, and eyes shined like stars itself, "you lead a pack?" she wanted to hear more about that then the history of Empyrean.. Or Moonspear, that they once were.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
03-22-2022, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2022, 10:04 PM by Osiris. Edited 2 times in total.)
”I did,” Osiris confirmed, smiling down at Ara. ”Our parents still had the last say regarding most important matters, but as a leader, I was given the chance to bring together a group to protect Moonspear’s frontline.” They had an important responsibility, and although he barely remembered most of his memories surrounding the pack, he still felt pride in the work he had done.

”We lived on the base of the mountain and protected Moonspear from most predators that were looking to trespass.” he continued, shifting through his spotty memory. He vaguely remembered something about prairie dogs? And a badger? ”And we hunted to help inflate the winter caches.” He rolled his shoulders and looked ahead of them.

Osiris longed for his forgotten memories; the achievements of his tenure as a leader. ”From what I remember, it was some of the most important work I’ve ever done.”

They would continue there conversation, and Osiris would tell Ara all that he knew about the beforetimes. They talked well into the evening, even after they had returned to Hydra’s den site. He liked her hunger to learn, and he would feed it to the best of his ability.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top